Is file a font file?

How can detect a file without extension is font file or not in cocoa?

or any other
I tried with

CFStringRef fontNam=CFStringCreateWithCString(NULL,[getfile
UTF8String],kCFStringEncodingMacRoman);
ATSFontRef frefarr= ATSFontFindFromName((CFStringRef)[getArray
objectAtIndex:rowcount] ,kATSOptionFlagsDefault);

But frefarr gets nil any thing wrong

please help,
with thanks
Excuse my language.

0
Yabber
11/22/2006 4:15:31 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can detect a file without extension is font file or not in cocoa?
>
> or any other
> I tried with
>
> CFStringRef fontNam=CFStringCreateWithCString(NULL,[getfile
> UTF8String],kCFStringEncodingMacRoman);
> ATSFontRef frefarr= ATSFontFindFromName((CFStringRef)[getArray
> objectAtIndex:rowcount] ,kATSOptionFlagsDefault);

ATSFontFindFromName has nothing to do with files: it just looks to see
if a font is loaded already.

I would suggest ATSFontActivateFromFileSpecification. If it doesn't
increase the number of available fonts, it wasn't a font file! :) m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt@tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-customizing.html
matt neuburg wrote:
> Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How can detect a file without extension is font file or not in cocoa?
> >
> > or any other
> > I tried with
> >
> > CFStringRef fontNam=CFStringCreateWithCString(NULL,[getfile
> > UTF8String],kCFStringEncodingMacRoman);
> > ATSFontRef frefarr= ATSFontFindFromName((CFStringRef)[getArray
> > objectAtIndex:rowcount] ,kATSOptionFlagsDefault);
>
> ATSFontFindFromName has nothing to do with files: it just looks to see
> if a font is loaded already.
>
> I would suggest ATSFontActivateFromFileSpecification.

ThanX
I used it but tere hav a problem tat it is time consuming to load a no:
of file.

Then activation is take place after that I use the activaed font to
desplay in text view as attriuted string for text storage.
After that I tried to deactivate  font then deactivation returned -45
(ie, file is locked)

Now I want know about how we can identify a file is font or not a font
without considering extension(ie,some file found without an extension)
Please help
With Thanks
Yabber
Excuse my language

0
Yabber
11/23/2006 5:32:21 PM
Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:

> matt neuburg wrote:
> > Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > How can detect a file without extension is font file or not in cocoa?
> > >
> > > or any other
> > > I tried with
> > >
> > > CFStringRef fontNam=CFStringCreateWithCString(NULL,[getfile
> > > UTF8String],kCFStringEncodingMacRoman);
> > > ATSFontRef frefarr= ATSFontFindFromName((CFStringRef)[getArray
> > > objectAtIndex:rowcount] ,kATSOptionFlagsDefault);
> >
> > ATSFontFindFromName has nothing to do with files: it just looks to see
> > if a font is loaded already.
> >
> > I would suggest ATSFontActivateFromFileSpecification.
>
> ThanX
> I used it but tere hav a problem tat it is time consuming to load a no:
> of file.
>
> Then activation is take place after that I use the activaed font to
> desplay in text view as attriuted string for text storage.
> After that I tried to deactivate  font then deactivation returned -45
> (ie, file is locked)

Perhaps you should show your code. The way you use
ATSFontActivateFromFileSpecification is that you are handed a
"container". You must retain this (be careful of memory management
issues here). When you want to deactivate the font(s), you hand this
container to ATSFontDeactivate. You should not get any "file is locked"
error because no file is involved - ATS is simply unloading the font
from its memory.

> Now I want know about how we can identify a file is font or not a font
> without considering extension(ie,some file found without an extension)

I think I just told you that. A file without an extension (and without a
type/creator code) could be *anything*. The only way to know if it's a
font is to throw some sort of font tool at it and see what it makes of
it.

You might try downloading Apple's font tools and see if any of them help
you more:

<http://developer.apple.com/textfonts/download/>

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt@tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-customizing.html
matt
11/23/2006 6:15:36 PM
- (NSMutableArray *)checkFont:(NSString *)path
{

	NSMutableArray *myfonts=nil;
	myfonts=[[NSMutableArray alloc]init];
	NSString *checkpath=path;

	container=0;
	NSFont *f=nil;
	CFStringRef fontName=NULL;
	FSRef fsRef;
	FSSpec fsSpec;
	FSCatalogInfo catinfo;
	int osstatus = FSPathMakeRef((const UInt8*)[path UTF8String], &fsRef,
								 NULL);
	osstatus =
		FSGetCatalogInfo(&fsRef,kFSCatInfoNone,&catinfo,NULL,&fsSpec,NULL);
	osstatus = ATSFontActivateFromFileSpecification ( &fsSpec,
													  kATSFontContextLocal, kATSFontFormatUnspecified,
													  NULL, kATSOptionFlagsDefault, &container);
	if (osstatus != noErr)
	{
		//NSLog(@"Got error %d loading %@!!!",osstatus,path);
	}

	else
	{
		int fntcount;
		ItemCount count;
		//ByteCount bcount;
		osstatus = ATSFontFindFromContainer (container,
											 kATSOptionFlagsDefault, 0, NULL,&count);
		ATSFontRef *ioArray=(ATSFontRef *)malloc(count * sizeof(ATSFontRef));
		osstatus = ATSFontFindFromContainer (container,
											 kATSOptionFlagsDefault, count, ioArray,&count);

		for (fntcount=0; fntcount < count ; fntcount++ ) {

		osstatus = ATSFontGetName (ioArray[fntcount], kATSOptionFlagsDefault,
								   &fontName);

		if (fontName) f = [NSFont fontWithName:(NSString*)fontName size:24];
		if ( f != nil )
		  {
			[myfonts addObject:f];

		  }

		}

		NSNumber *contno=[NSNumber numberWithInt:container];

	      [containerarr addObject:contno];         //containerarr array is
used during deactivation
	}
	return myfonts;
}

This is my font activation code
After activating fonts Use the fonts display in a text view using

[[previewLoader textStorage] setAttributedString:atstr];
previewLoader is textview & atstr is attributed string with font &
paragraph.

after displaying I changed selected font to be displayed then
Deactivation font of current font is done after that activated selected
font.

-(void) deactivatefont{

	int arrc;
	for (arrc=[containerarr count];arrc>0;arrc--) {
		int coun=arrc-1;
		ATSFontContainerRef mycont=[[containerarr objectAtIndex:coun]
intValue];

	printf("/////////%d////////\n",ATSFontDeactivate(mycont,NULL,kATSOptionFlagsDefault));

	}

	[containerarr removeAllObjects];
}
This is deactivation part
But I cant to deactivate the deactivation part is returns value -45
when failed
And when deactivation is succees it returns 0

With thanks and regards
Excuse my language
Yabber

0
Yabber
11/27/2006 12:57:31 PM
Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:

> - (NSMutableArray *)checkFont:(NSString *)path
>       container=0;

But you didn't show me any declaration for "container".

>               NSNumber *contno=[NSNumber numberWithInt:container];
>             [containerarr addObject:contno];         //containerarr array is
> used during deactivation

(1) You have only one container - it was created when you did your
single call to ATSFontActivateFromFileSpecification. But you are adding
"contno" to your array many times, once for each font in the container.
That's a bug. When the time comes to deactivate, you're going to be
deactivating the same container over and over again. For example, if the
folder contains 5 fonts, you have one container but it is listed 5 times
in the array. So you're going to deactivate it, and then even if that
succeeds you're going to try to deactive it some more, which will
certain fail.

(2) A container is an ATSFontContainerRef, which is a UInt32, which is
unsigned. But you are creating your NSNumber using numberWithInt, which
expects a *signed* int. Furthermore, a UInt32 is a long. But
numberWithInt does not necessarily expect a long. That's a bug. You are
possibly throwing away important information and changing the number.
You should probably be using numberWithUnsignedLong. And be equally
careful when the time comes to retrieve it later.

So, I immediately found two bugs. Whether those are what is causing your
problem, I don't know - there may be other bugs - but I can certainly
say that without running your code, just looking at it for a few
seconds, I would not expect it to work.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt@tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-customizing.html
matt
11/27/2006 6:44:57 PM
Thanks for your help

Ok sorry for didnt giv declaration of container,it is before all

@implementation Font
NSMutableArray *containerarr;
ATSFontContainerRef container;

ok itried with deactivation with using container

-(void) deactivatefont{
		ATSFontDeactivate(container,NULL,kATSOptionFlagsDefault);
}

then also have the problem(cant deactivate)
The deactivation problem is found with fonts that are used to display
in NSTextview, others are deactivated

When font is use to display it will associate with a
mutabledictonary,attributed string,textstorage of NSTextView
I released dictionary ant attributed string

	[[previewLoader textStorage] setAttributedString:atstr];

When I commented the above  then font can deactivate

[defdict dealloc]; //defdict is mutable dictionary
[atstr dealloc];
anything else to be done to remove all controll from font file

With thanks
Yabber

0
Yabber
11/28/2006 2:21:58 PM
Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:

> The deactivation problem is found with fonts that are used to display
> in NSTextview, others are deactivated
>
> When font is use to display it will associate with a
> mutabledictonary,attributed string,textstorage of NSTextView
> I released dictionary ant attributed string
>
>       [[previewLoader textStorage] setAttributedString:atstr];
>
> When I commented the above  then font can deactivate
>
> [defdict dealloc]; //defdict is mutable dictionary
> [atstr dealloc];
> anything else to be done to remove all controll from font file

Ah! Interesting. So it sounds like you can't deactivate the font until
you also stop using it. That makes sense. Sorry, didn't realize that. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt@tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-customizing.html
matt
11/28/2006 4:30:30 PM
matt neuburg wrote:
> Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The deactivation problem is found with fonts that are used to display
> > in NSTextview, others are deactivated
> >
> > When font is use to display it will associate with a
> > mutabledictonary,attributed string,textstorage of NSTextView
> > I released dictionary ant attributed string
> >
> >       [[previewLoader textStorage] setAttributedString:atstr];
> >
> > When I commented the above  then font can deactivate
> >
> > [defdict dealloc]; //defdict is mutable dictionary
> > [atstr dealloc];
> > anything else to be done to remove all controll from font file
>
> Ah! Interesting. So it sounds like you can't deactivate the font until
> you also stop using it. That makes sense. Sorry, didn't realize that. m.

Ok Thanks

I have another doubt,it may be foolish, please help
It is,Is it poosible to identify a file,it is font file or it is not a
font file without activating it?/

withregards yabber

0
Yabber
11/30/2006 12:56:49 PM
Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:

> matt neuburg wrote:
> > Yabber <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The deactivation problem is found with fonts that are used to display
> > > in NSTextview, others are deactivated
> > >
> > > When font is use to display it will associate with a
> > > mutabledictonary,attributed string,textstorage of NSTextView
> > > I released dictionary ant attributed string
> > >
> > >       [[previewLoader textStorage] setAttributedString:atstr];
> > >
> > > When I commented the above  then font can deactivate
> > >
> > > [defdict dealloc]; //defdict is mutable dictionary
> > > [atstr dealloc];
> > > anything else to be done to remove all controll from font file
> >
> > Ah! Interesting. So it sounds like you can't deactivate the font until
> > you also stop using it. That makes sense. Sorry, didn't realize that. m.
> >

> Ok Thanks
>
> I have another doubt,it may be foolish, please help
> It is,Is it poosible to identify a file,it is font file or it is not a
> font file without activating it?

I already gave you my best answer to that question.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt@tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-customizing.html
matt

Create a font file for a Mac... .fnt file...
I have a bit map image of a font. I need to write a c/c++ application to take the bitmap image and chop it up into a known set of characters and produce a fnt file. I know the width height and pixel depth of the bitmap image and I know the cell dimensions.... Does anyone have a pointer to some source code to produce the font file given each character, its ascii code and bitmap image of each character? TIA B. On 2/24/12 2:28 PM, SpreadTooThin wrote: > I have a bit map image of a font. > I need to write a c/c++ application to take the bitmap image and chop it up into a known set of cha...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Help! Windows 98 INF file, Driver file (.sys) is not getting copied into system directory
Hi Everybody, We have a plug and play driver for PCI based add on card in windows 2000/XP. It is working successfully. We are using the same INF file to install the driver for the same PCI card in Widows 98. Our driver file (.sys) is not copying into the system directory. Is there any mistake in copyfile section of below given INF file.But after installation, in the device manager properties, all the resources are allocated for the card.It is showing driver is working properly. But our driver file (.sys) is not copied into either system or system32\drivers folder of wind...

need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file
need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file. my avg anti virus can detect it as trojan horse dropper agent.mqp. i dont want to remove the exe file yet because im afraid my files will be removed as well. can anyone give me another way to recover the files? -- wewet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wewet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100316.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/virus-spyware/1184791.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

file extention from file file location
Hi, I am new to perl (only working on this one problem) but I program in other languages. We have an upload script written in cgi. Can anyone tell me how to get the file extension from the variable $File1 (actual file location on uploader's computer) then find out if it is equal to "txt" Thanks in advance for not telling me to read the manual. Ron -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are NOT the originators of the articles and are NOT responsible for their content. HOW TO POST to co...

Could someone help me saving a version 7 file to a version 6 file (.fig file)
Could someone help me saving a version 7 file to a version 6 file (.fig file)? Not 100% sure of how to do it though, but it is possible to change the way i is saved in preferences. just start "guide" and then save. //Whiskey ...

Iteration through File.file? misses entries for which File.file?(entry) == true
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby, so I'm most likely making an elementary mistake. However, searching Google didn't help me find my answer, and after mucking around with irb I still haven't figured it out. I wrote a method that was intended to take all of the files in a given directory and put them into an array. Here's the code I wrote: def getFiles(dir) pwdFiles = Array.new Dir.foreach(dir) do |entry| pwdFiles.push(entry) if File.file?(entry) == true end end This works fine when called on the working directory --- that is, getFile...

How to create help files / text files
I want to create a help dialogue that will just act as a reminder on do's & dont's I had in mind a text file with sliding bars but don't seem to be able to do this. The text will be about 300 words plus and it will be the same context in each record, any clues on how to do this? Ernie > I want to create a help dialogue that will just act as a reminder on do's > & dont's I had in mind a text file with sliding bars but don't seem to be > able to do this. > > The text will be about 300 words plus and it will be the same context in > each...

how to copy a mac file that store in win2000 to other place while maintaining the file structure of mac?

Help! Pipe on the same file destroys the file
Hi all, I have written a code like this to change an IP address in a file: ( cat config.xml | sed 's/10\.12\.59\.61\:666/10\.6\.126\.62\:80/g' ) > config.xml the problem is that if the input file (of sed) is the same as the output file, the file is cancelled. (I have nearly been fired because of this! :-( ) Can you find where's the problem ? Thanks a lot Francesco On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 at 07:17 GMT, Francesco wrote: > Hi all, > I have written a code like this to change an IP address in a file: > > ( cat config.xml | sed 's/10\.12\.59\.61\:666/10\.6\.126\.62\...

On Mac: File.file? behaves strangely
Or, rather, I probably just made a silly mistake which I can't see (because I had a long break since I wrote my last Ruby program). Please have a look at this program: #!/usr/local/bin/ruby dir=ARGV[0] or raise "Which directory?"; puts "Opening:"+dir Dir.foreach(dir) { |entry| puts entry if(File.file?(entry)) puts "is a file" end } No matter which directory on Max OSX 10.4 I try this out, it lists all entries in the directory, but only for the entry ".DS_Store" (which exists on the Mac automatically in every sub-direct...

write file + input file + write file
Hi, I want to write some latex command to a file (file1), input the file at the end of the document. These command shall write to another file (file2) and at a second run I use the file2. Whatever I have tried nothing works and I don't known why. The goal is to save a set of special commands and run them at the end of the document, because they use some values which are only available at the end! Can anybody please help me with that? Thanks in advance! I should be something like: \begin{document} \usepackage{style} \input{file2} %file exists from a previous run \end{document} style.sty:...

Text files read multiple files into single file, and then recreate the multiple files
Hiya, The title says it all really, but im a newbie to python sort of. I can read in files and write files no probs. But what I want to do is read in a couple of files and output them to one single file, but then be able to take this one single file and recreate the files I put into it. Im really at a loss as to how I go about recovering the files? obviously if i scan for a string that specifys the start and end of each file, theres the chance that the file might contain this term to which would split the files into unwanted chucks of file, which wouldnt be wanted. Any ideas? code snippets...

how to tell if a file is inary file or ascii file?
Hello, Is there a way to find if a file is a binary executable file or an ASCII executable file in unix? especially, if I have a file with permission of --x--x--x. Thanks, Peter peter wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to find if a file is a binary executable file or an ASCII > executable file in unix? especially, if I have a file with > permission of --x--x--x. If in a shell you could start with man file Tobias On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:31:11 +0000, peter wrote: > Is there a way to find if a file is a binary executable file or an ASCII > executable file in...

File share, File Sharing, File Host
http://fileuplo.de File share, File Sharing, File Host -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

object files, header files, source files?
I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is linking?, why does a source file need an object file? etc. I have looked in The C programming Language, The C++ Programming Language, Accelerated C++, GNU make etc but they don't describe these basic subject. Any literature that covers these subjects? saneman wrote: > I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is > an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is > linking?, why does a s...

How to copy a file to a file with a prefixed file name
I'm trying to write a program that will archive selected files to an archive directory. The files in the archive directory will have a prefix in the format yyyymmdd-hhmmss-filename.ext. So, if the file is called "somefile.dat", then the filename in the archive directory should be "20090522-164325-somefile.dat". I'm using Clipper's COPY FILE command to do the copy. I can't figure out how to get the prefix in front of the file name. Creating the prefix string is no problem, but I can't figure out how to tack that onto the front of the filename. If I...

How to convert this ps file to a pdf file w/ searchable text? (pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file)
I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there is any other way to generate a searchable pdf file? $pkfix-helper 0375.ps Reading 0375.ps ... done. Number of Type 3 fonts encountered: 0 pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file On May 13, 10:45=A0pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. > But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there > is any other way to generate a searchab...

sciFLT 3.0 help file not available, cannot build html from XML help files, found no documentation
I am keen to use sciFLT 3.0 for Windows but was very disappointed when after loading successfully this toolbox I realised that I could not access the help files. I tried (unsuccessfully) to build the html hepfiles using the sciLab command to create them from XML files. The only thing I really need is a sciFLT 3.0 documentation as text or ideally pdf file. I am very frustrated to have all that functionality at my finger tips and no way to use it. Please, can somebody find a simple solution to my problem? ...

Help X-referencing files second files
I rewrote several of my shell scripts that had many while; do...done loops in them with single command awk scripts thanks to Ed and many others in here that help us newbs. One particular script I have has to reference information from a second file before I can write to and HTML output. Both files are pipe delimited... FILE1 contents: 512364| 473718|436296 |37422| 8.5| 517040| 24783| 29249 |-4466|15.2-| 518820| 7050| 9775 |-2725| 27.8-| FILE2 contents: 91|MP|00518820|MARY PARKER| 26|JL|00512400|JESSICA LOPEZ| 47|RJ|00517040|RANDY JOHNSON| 53|LE|00512364|LAURA ESTHER| FILE1 starts wi...

convert p-file to m-files help
you say in that page: or P-files of Matlab 6 there are some further techniques to get the contents of the original file, but for the modern Matlab versions the P-files are encrypted i need to convert p-file to m-file if you know any method for matlab 6 or 7 with software that is needed,please mail me. if there is a site that is good for this job please send it for me. thanx alot. "hhhhh" <shayatinsorkh.2010.2020@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f2ca584f-dff6-4b96-8d46-33ab6b2b6a3a@b21g2000vbh.googlegroups.com... > you say in that page: > or P-files of Mat...

help in debugging file.seek, file.read
I have a wierd sort of problem. I'm writing a bunch of sets to a file (each element is a fixed length string). I was originally using the built-in sets type but due to a processing issue, I had to shift to a Python implementation (see http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/77e06005e897653c/12270083be9a67f6). I'm using Raymond Hettinger's very graciously provided TransactionSet recipe from http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/511496 My old code was pretty speedy but the new code is quite slow and according to some hotshot profiles i...

How can I use a pdf file as a help file?
Hello to all, Can someone show me some sample code how to hook a pdf file to my VO program as a help file? Thanks! Desmond > Can someone show me some sample code how to hook a pdf > file to my VO program as a help file? Why would you want to use PDFs as help?? The normal way to kick off Acrobat Reader is to use ShellExecute() Eg. ShellExecute( ; SELF:Handle(), ; PSZ("open"), ; PSZ( GetDefault() +"MyAppHelp.pdf"),; NULL,NULL,SW_SHOWNORMAL) -- HTH Steve Quinn Desmond, You normally use HLP or HTML he...

wxMac help on File dialog and file filtering
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6AF35.B5A802E8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. =20 I have app running on wxMac, recently Mac OS was updated from 10.3.9 to 10.4.1. the problem I run into are: =20 1. when I open the app by double clicking the app icon, the menu for file open dialog is Disabled, but if I open the app from cmd line by ../MyApp.app/Content/MacOS/app_exe &, the menu For file open dialog is enabled. =20 2. I have file filtering strings as _T("OMSSA FILES...

Web resources about - Is file a font file? - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help

File:Commons-logo.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This image, or parts of it, is an official logo or design used by Wikimedia Foundation or by one of its projects. It is copyrighted by the Wikimedia ...

Computer file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A computer file is a resource for storing information, which is available to a computer program and is usually based on some kind of durable ...

Law firm follows through with plan to file class action suit against Apple over ‘Error 53’
... Apple for forcing people to use the company’s own repair outlet, which is often more expensive. Now, the law firm PCVA has officially filed ...

From The Career Files: Even More Practical Advice For New Lawyers
Making connections in a new city can be challenging, but moving after graduation can be the ideal time to head to a new locale.

binvis.io is the visual way to analyze binary files
Exploring the structure of binary files can be very useful for identifying malware, and tools like PeStudio and HxD may help point you in the ...

Ronda Rousey Files 'Fk Them All' Trademark Ahead of UFC Return - Bleacher Report
UFC star Ronda Rousey has filed for five trademarks surrounding the acronym "FTA," which stands for "Fk Them All," ahead of her return to the ...

How to use locate and grep to find files on a Linux (or OS X) system
Linux has powerful tools to help you quickly and efficiently retrieve a file. This free PDF download will show you how to use two of the most ...

Find and recover Windows files
How to find recent downloads and other docs, and how to rescue deleted files.

How to use locate and grep to find files on a Linux (or OS X) system
Every year, hard drives get bigger and cheaper, a nice combination. With all the technical toys we have in our lives now, we certainly have plenty ...

Dollar Shave Club Files Countersuit Against Gillette In Patent Fight
... Gillette sued Dollar Shave Club , claiming the competitor had violated its intellectual property, the subscription razor service has filed a ...