Mac OS X server #2

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Aloha,

I'm not sure if this is the right group to post this to, but nobody seems to
be able to answer this question. I can not seem to configure Apache to do
CGI on two different computers. For know I'm focusing on just one. I keep
getting internal error message. Checking the error log says premature end of
script header. I also can not get SSI to work.

If any one understands Apache on Mac OS X could you please help me? I have
more details of the problem at:

http://joeguillaume.com/Misc/Joe's%20Test%20Page.html

Mahalo, Joseph W. Guillaume
http://joeguillaume.com

0
Reply Joseph 4/21/2005 4:58:25 AM

See related articles to this posting

On your script you have:

    #!/usr/bin/perl/

Notice that trailing /? If you try to run your script from the command
like you get the following error: "-bash: ./script.pl: /usr/bin/perl/:
bad interpreter: Not a directory." So you script is failing because you
specified a nonexistent directory to be the interpreter... Deleting the
trailing / and everything should work.

Michael

0
Reply Michael 4/21/2005 1:05:20 PM

In article <BE8C56C6.16BE%joe@hawaiicivilmarriage.com>, Joseph
Guillaume <joe@hawaiicivilmarriage.com> wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right group to post this to, but nobody seems to
> be able to answer this question. I can not seem to configure Apache to do
> CGI on two different computers. For know I'm focusing on just one. I keep
> getting internal error message. Checking the error log says premature end of
> script header. I also can not get SSI to work.
>
> If any one understands Apache on Mac OS X could you please help me? I have
> more details of the problem at:
>
> http://joeguillaume.com/Misc/Joe's%20Test%20Page.html

If you're using the actual Server edition of OS X, their is a mailing
list which would be a good source of help:

Postings are archived, and the archives are searchable (after a fashion)
without being a subscriber (or at least, they were when I was looking
for OS X Server information).
0
Reply David 4/21/2005 1:14:12 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4655 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Mac OS X Server 1.0, 1.2??
I'm looking for a Mac OS X Server v1.0 or v1.2 install disk? Does anyone have this? eBay does not have it. ...

GD 2 on Mac OS X Server 10.4?
Hi all, I'm in the process of setting up a PowerMac G4 Dual 1.25 as an Expression Engine (http://www.pmachine.com) development server. All is going well, except GD/GD 2 support. OS X Server does not come with GD 2 support out of the box. So I did some digging around, and found others with the same problem. The common advice from almost everybody, has been to run Marc Linyage's PHP 5 installer from http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/ This however, resulted in Apache not working, so I had to uninstall it again, and restore the httpd.conf file from backup. I then turned to Fin...

Alpine 2.00 on Mac OS X and rimapd server login
Hi I have a new computer with Mac OS X but I still want to use alpine. So I compiled alpine with the same ./configure string as on my old Linux computer and I copied my .pinerc file. If I want to login on my server from my new Mac, I get some error message. I don't get this message with my old Linux PC. I started to compare .ping-debug1 and /var/log/mail.log. ..pine-debug1 on Linux: .... About to open folder "INBOX" inbox is: "INBOX" IMAP 07:51:07 3/21 mm_notify babble: {server/user=andreas}/valid/mailbox/path: [UNSEEN 10] first unseen message in /valid/mailb...

Wanted: Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD
I've lost my Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD I need to obtain a replacement CD. Thanks in advance ...

samba/kerberos compile question on Mac OS X Server 10.2.6
--===============43516580462007148== Content-Type: multipart/signed; micalg=pgp-sha1; protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="=-FrTx70PVTOATHQqlQ80Z" --=-FrTx70PVTOATHQqlQ80Z Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I have been = asked to=20 relay this question to the kerberos list, having already contacted both the= samba and UM macsig lists. I'm trying to get samba compiled on mac os x server With active directory s= upport. =20 Samba 3 with active directory will i...

How to get a replacement Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD
Hello, I have lost my Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD. Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement CD? Thanks in advance. Godfrey On 2004-10-23 15:37:17 +0200, godfrey.alexander@douglasdolois.com (Geordi Laforge) said: > Hello, > > I have lost my Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD. Can anyone tell > me where I can get a replacement CD? > > Thanks in advance. > > Godfrey it's downloadable from Apple (You'll need patience !) From here : <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120280> -- Bruno Remove the "remove.me"...

Only one NFS export on Mac OS X Server 10.3.2 possible (Bug?)
Hi, We're running an Apple Xserve with attached RAID storage. The operating system is OS X Server 10.3.2 with updates from this morning. This server acts as an NFS server in our mixed Solaris Linux environment. The fileysystem directory tree on the Xserve is /Volumes/NFS/Unix /Volumes/NFS/Unix/java /Volumes/NFS/Unix/pkg /Volumes/NFS/Unix/install /Volumes/NFS/share2 /Volumes/NFS/share3 Using the Workgroup Manager I can create several shares and set the proper NFS and SMB settings and permissions. Current configured file shares as displayed in the Workgroup Manager are: /...

gibts Alternativen fuer "ditto -rsrc" unter mac os x server 1.2
Hallo Ihr Wissenden, wir haben hier einen Mac Server mit MAc OS X Server 1.2 (also das "alte" nicht mehr supportete). Unser SysAdmin (ein vortrefflicher Solaris-Kenner) moechte nun gern ein regelmaessiges Backup von diesem Mac anlegen und findet keinen Hinweis, wie das anzustellen waere. Das "ditto" Kommando kennt in dieser Betriebssystemversion offenbar nicht den Parameter "-rsrc" um den Resourcenzweig der Mac-Files mit zu kopieren. Hat jemand von Euch einen Hinweis ? ...

FS: Mac OS X Server Version 10.3
Make me a good enough offer and I'll throw worldwide shipping in for free (slowest/cheapest - if you want express that will cost extra - unless you make an exceptionally good offer! :-) )! Discs have been tested and are in pristine condition - no scratches. All the original documentation (a little creased, but perfectly legible) is still there, as well as the retail box (a bit crumpled at the end). If this remains unsold by the end of the week it'll go on Ebay. So like the cheesy infomercial says: "Act now! Time is limited!". BTW - I still have one 2.5GHz Dual G5 ...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

FS: Mac OS X v10.2 and Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther)
clearing up my storeroom. we have moved to tiger. OS10.2 are the original two cds from apple OS10.3 (Panther) are the original three cds from apple. prices: best offer -- getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence - jules feifer to email me, delete syzygy. from my return address ...

Mac OS X vs. OS/2 peer #2
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:38:01, Dan Drake wrote: >On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:08:52 UTC, jim burke <jimburke200@earthlink.net> >wrote: >>... >> you might see if your ibmlan.ini file has >> svrhidden=no in it. It's no. >>... >> I don't know what command line programs are available on OS X, >> but if you know the ipaddress of the Mac, ping it from the os2 machine >> and then do a netstat -p to see if the interface is seen. I can ping the Mac ok; netstat shows it active. >> >> To see if the os2 lan card is correctly se...

Help needed : Mac OS X & OS 9.x and Windows-Server
Until now we are using different Mac's running OS 9.1 and 9.2 and save our files on a Windows 2000 Server via MacServerIP (AFP over IP). In the next time we like to upgrade to OS X. Our problem: Files saved on the Server from OS 9 via AFP will be recognized by OS X as "Document" without application information. I tried to connect the Server via SMB and otherwise via AFP. When I manually used AFP ("afp://<servername>") the volume becomes visible, but if I try to select on file the file will be go away. Next time I connect to the volume the file is visible again. U...

Installing gnuplot 4.2.2 on Mac G4 under Mac OS X 10.4.11
In attempting to install gnuplot 4.2.2 on a Mac G4 running Mac OS X v. 4.2.2, I got several error messages before the installation failed. The error messages asked that I report these messages to the gnuplot lists, so the excerpt below contains the transcript of the installation. Any suggestions as to how to install gnuplot 4.2.2? Starfighter. Last login: Wed Nov 21 03:22:17 on ttyp1 Welcome to Darwin! dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ tar -xzf gnuplot-4.2.2.tar.gz dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ ls dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ cd gnuplot-4.2.2 dsl092-239-159:/gnuplot-4.2.2 s...

Cursor in Mac OS X 10.5.6 w/X11 2.2.3 and 2.3.2
Hi, I know this problem has come up before, but I was unable to find a solution that worked in the group. The problem: cursor,x,y,/down or any variation results in a dead terminal and X-window. Using ctrl- c at the terminal and then clicking on the terminal works: IDL> cursor,x,y,/down,/device % Interrupted at: $MAIN$ IDL> print,x,y 522 105 Using "defaults write com.apple.x11 wm_click_through -bool true" has no effect. Installing the latest version of IDL (7.0.6) also had no effect. The error occurs both with IDL run remotely and locally. I've tried bo...

Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
------_=_NextPart_001_01C755D2.E5708505 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code takes the LAST extension from the filter and attaches it to the file. I find this a bit strange, and I would expect the FIRST extension of each file type to be the most dominant one, so that it's used as the default extension if none is supplied. Is there any reason for using the last extension (o...

RE: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
OK, I will fix this, and send a patch. > -----Original Message----- > From: Vadim Zeitlin [mailto:vadim@wxwindows.org] > Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:38 PM > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: Re: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1] >=20 > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:11:23 +0200 Yaron Tadmor <YaronT@HumanEyes.com> > wrote: >=20 > YT> Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in > YT> response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code > YT> takes the LAST extens...

ZoomView problem in Mac OS X 10.2.x & 10.3.x
Hello Everyone This mail is sent to more groups and mailing lists in different countries, also groups, which normally not uses the English language as the native list language, so - PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER TO THIS MESSAGE! - but read it carefully and then follow the instructions regarding answering at the buttom of this mail. I have discovered a bug in Mac OS X 10.2.x and up to latest version 10.3.= 8. When you activate the controlpane *ZoomView* for enlargement and put it either in 'Normal mode' - i.e. black text on white background, - or in "Reverse Mode" - i.e. whit...

Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar, Mac OS X 10.2.x and X-Plane v7
Hi, has somebody used succesfully Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar in Mac OS X v10.2.8 and X-Plane v7 ? I can use Cougar in Warbirds but X-Plane only sees some of the buttons and none of the analog movements... =( Can someone tell, if Mac OS X v10.2.x has native support (HID) for Cougar, if so then Warbirds propably don't have extra drivers written for and X-Plane has and thus don't support Cougar. regards, Kari ...

Ann: ActiveDeveloper 2.16 released for Mac OS X 10.3 10.2 #2
ActiveDeveloper 2.16 released for MacOS X 10.3 and 10.2 Our "Develop & Continue" Objective-C & C IDE and Debugger Your companion for Cocoa, WebKit, and QuickTime. With its "Develop & Continue" ActiveDeveloper takes an Object and Development oriented approach to merging Objective-C Development and Debugging into ONE single combined activity - as opposed to the more Debugging and C stack level oriented approach taken in Xcode. ActiveDeveloper version 2.16 is integrated with the new Xcode IDE similar to how it has worked in concert with Projec...

Mac OS X vs. OS/2 peer
Having followed a few threads on making Mac OS X do peer networking with OS/2, I've decided that it works either effortlessly or not at all. I'm one of the "not at all" group. So I'm making another try, just one step at a time, posing what I hope are small, incremental questions that the long-suffering experts can answer quickly (and yet, if possible, with extreme explicitness). First step, which everyone agrees on: you need to have NETBIOS over TCP/IP. Fine; I've installed that. MPTS display: Intel(R) PRO PCI Adapter (4.35) 0 - IBM OS/2 NETBIOS 1 - IB...

setting up FTP server in Mac OS X (not Server)
I've got an old Mac here, a Yikes! G4, that has OS X on it and I'd like to use it as a home server. Ive managed to get everything set up appropriately except FTP access - specifically, I want to enable it so that a friend can ftp in and work within one (and only one) directory. I don't want "anonymous access - I want a restricted user. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a decent tutorial for doing this, much to my own surprise. I realize that I could use a thrs-party package like CrushFTP but I'd prefer to use OSX's built-in service, ifpossible. My main hu...

OS X 10.6.2 / Eudora 6.2.4
Hi, I have never done this before and I am just about desperate to get eudora functioning again. I have used eudora for @15 years and it suits my needs perfectly. Although I have had issues in the past something occurred in mid-November which I have not been able to resolve and, in the process, messed up some settings. No one that I know knows how to correct this so I am hoping one of you might. So, around mid-November I suddenly was not able to send an e-mail using eudora. One of the error messages I keep getting is "Server not responding. 706". Another is "...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 > beta should > > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > > please download the version in our CVS repo at > > I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this > version is used > extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of > ACE all these > products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) ;-) Right - this is where the value...