Mac OS X server #2

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Aloha,

I'm not sure if this is the right group to post this to, but nobody seems to
be able to answer this question. I can not seem to configure Apache to do
CGI on two different computers. For know I'm focusing on just one. I keep
getting internal error message. Checking the error log says premature end of
script header. I also can not get SSI to work.

If any one understands Apache on Mac OS X could you please help me? I have
more details of the problem at:

http://joeguillaume.com/Misc/Joe's%20Test%20Page.html

Mahalo, Joseph W. Guillaume
http://joeguillaume.com

0
Reply Joseph 4/21/2005 4:58:25 AM

See related articles to this posting

On your script you have:

    #!/usr/bin/perl/

Notice that trailing /? If you try to run your script from the command
like you get the following error: "-bash: ./script.pl: /usr/bin/perl/:
bad interpreter: Not a directory." So you script is failing because you
specified a nonexistent directory to be the interpreter... Deleting the
trailing / and everything should work.

Michael

0
Reply Michael 4/21/2005 1:05:20 PM

In article <BE8C56C6.16BE%joe@hawaiicivilmarriage.com>, Joseph
Guillaume <joe@hawaiicivilmarriage.com> wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right group to post this to, but nobody seems to
> be able to answer this question. I can not seem to configure Apache to do
> CGI on two different computers. For know I'm focusing on just one. I keep
> getting internal error message. Checking the error log says premature end of
> script header. I also can not get SSI to work.
>
> If any one understands Apache on Mac OS X could you please help me? I have
> more details of the problem at:
>
> http://joeguillaume.com/Misc/Joe's%20Test%20Page.html

If you're using the actual Server edition of OS X, their is a mailing
list which would be a good source of help:

Postings are archived, and the archives are searchable (after a fashion)
without being a subscriber (or at least, they were when I was looking
for OS X Server information).
0
Reply David 4/21/2005 1:14:12 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4655 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

FS: Mac OS X v10.2 and Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther)
clearing up my storeroom. we have moved to tiger. OS10.2 are the original two cds from apple OS10.3 (Panther) are the original three cds from apple. prices: best offer -- getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence - jules feifer to email me, delete syzygy. from my return address ...

Mac OS X vs. OS/2 peer #2
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:38:01, Dan Drake wrote: >On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:08:52 UTC, jim burke <jimburke200@earthlink.net> >wrote: >>... >> you might see if your ibmlan.ini file has >> svrhidden=no in it. It's no. >>... >> I don't know what command line programs are available on OS X, >> but if you know the ipaddress of the Mac, ping it from the os2 machine >> and then do a netstat -p to see if the interface is seen. I can ping the Mac ok; netstat shows it active. >> >> To see if the os2 lan card is correctly se...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

Help needed : Mac OS X & OS 9.x and Windows-Server
Until now we are using different Mac's running OS 9.1 and 9.2 and save our files on a Windows 2000 Server via MacServerIP (AFP over IP). In the next time we like to upgrade to OS X. Our problem: Files saved on the Server from OS 9 via AFP will be recognized by OS X as "Document" without application information. I tried to connect the Server via SMB and otherwise via AFP. When I manually used AFP ("afp://<servername>") the volume becomes visible, but if I try to select on file the file will be go away. Next time I connect to the volume the file is visible again. U...

Mac OS X Server 1.0, 1.2??
I'm looking for a Mac OS X Server v1.0 or v1.2 install disk? Does anyone have this? eBay does not have it. ...

GD 2 on Mac OS X Server 10.4?
Hi all, I'm in the process of setting up a PowerMac G4 Dual 1.25 as an Expression Engine (http://www.pmachine.com) development server. All is going well, except GD/GD 2 support. OS X Server does not come with GD 2 support out of the box. So I did some digging around, and found others with the same problem. The common advice from almost everybody, has been to run Marc Linyage's PHP 5 installer from http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/ This however, resulted in Apache not working, so I had to uninstall it again, and restore the httpd.conf file from backup. I then turned to Fin...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Installing gnuplot 4.2.2 on Mac G4 under Mac OS X 10.4.11
In attempting to install gnuplot 4.2.2 on a Mac G4 running Mac OS X v. 4.2.2, I got several error messages before the installation failed. The error messages asked that I report these messages to the gnuplot lists, so the excerpt below contains the transcript of the installation. Any suggestions as to how to install gnuplot 4.2.2? Starfighter. Last login: Wed Nov 21 03:22:17 on ttyp1 Welcome to Darwin! dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ tar -xzf gnuplot-4.2.2.tar.gz dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ ls dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ cd gnuplot-4.2.2 dsl092-239-159:/gnuplot-4.2.2 s...

Cursor in Mac OS X 10.5.6 w/X11 2.2.3 and 2.3.2
Hi, I know this problem has come up before, but I was unable to find a solution that worked in the group. The problem: cursor,x,y,/down or any variation results in a dead terminal and X-window. Using ctrl- c at the terminal and then clicking on the terminal works: IDL> cursor,x,y,/down,/device % Interrupted at: $MAIN$ IDL> print,x,y 522 105 Using "defaults write com.apple.x11 wm_click_through -bool true" has no effect. Installing the latest version of IDL (7.0.6) also had no effect. The error occurs both with IDL run remotely and locally. I've tried bo...

Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
------_=_NextPart_001_01C755D2.E5708505 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code takes the LAST extension from the filter and attaches it to the file. I find this a bit strange, and I would expect the FIRST extension of each file type to be the most dominant one, so that it's used as the default extension if none is supplied. Is there any reason for using the last extension (o...

Alpine 2.00 on Mac OS X and rimapd server login
Hi I have a new computer with Mac OS X but I still want to use alpine. So I compiled alpine with the same ./configure string as on my old Linux computer and I copied my .pinerc file. If I want to login on my server from my new Mac, I get some error message. I don't get this message with my old Linux PC. I started to compare .ping-debug1 and /var/log/mail.log. ..pine-debug1 on Linux: .... About to open folder "INBOX" inbox is: "INBOX" IMAP 07:51:07 3/21 mm_notify babble: {server/user=andreas}/valid/mailbox/path: [UNSEEN 10] first unseen message in /valid/mailb...

RE: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
OK, I will fix this, and send a patch. > -----Original Message----- > From: Vadim Zeitlin [mailto:vadim@wxwindows.org] > Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:38 PM > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: Re: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1] >=20 > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:11:23 +0200 Yaron Tadmor <YaronT@HumanEyes.com> > wrote: >=20 > YT> Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in > YT> response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code > YT> takes the LAST extens...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step ...

Wanted: Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD
I've lost my Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD I need to obtain a replacement CD. Thanks in advance ...

samba/kerberos compile question on Mac OS X Server 10.2.6
--===============43516580462007148== Content-Type: multipart/signed; micalg=pgp-sha1; protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="=-FrTx70PVTOATHQqlQ80Z" --=-FrTx70PVTOATHQqlQ80Z Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I have been = asked to=20 relay this question to the kerberos list, having already contacted both the= samba and UM macsig lists. I'm trying to get samba compiled on mac os x server With active directory s= upport. =20 Samba 3 with active directory will i...

How to get a replacement Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD
Hello, I have lost my Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD. Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement CD? Thanks in advance. Godfrey On 2004-10-23 15:37:17 +0200, godfrey.alexander@douglasdolois.com (Geordi Laforge) said: > Hello, > > I have lost my Mac OS X Server V10.2 Admin Tools CD. Can anyone tell > me where I can get a replacement CD? > > Thanks in advance. > > Godfrey it's downloadable from Apple (You'll need patience !) From here : <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120280> -- Bruno Remove the "remove.me"...

ZoomView problem in Mac OS X 10.2.x & 10.3.x
Hello Everyone This mail is sent to more groups and mailing lists in different countries, also groups, which normally not uses the English language as the native list language, so - PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER TO THIS MESSAGE! - but read it carefully and then follow the instructions regarding answering at the buttom of this mail. I have discovered a bug in Mac OS X 10.2.x and up to latest version 10.3.= 8. When you activate the controlpane *ZoomView* for enlargement and put it either in 'Normal mode' - i.e. black text on white background, - or in "Reverse Mode" - i.e. whit...

Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar, Mac OS X 10.2.x and X-Plane v7
Hi, has somebody used succesfully Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar in Mac OS X v10.2.8 and X-Plane v7 ? I can use Cougar in Warbirds but X-Plane only sees some of the buttons and none of the analog movements... =( Can someone tell, if Mac OS X v10.2.x has native support (HID) for Cougar, if so then Warbirds propably don't have extra drivers written for and X-Plane has and thus don't support Cougar. regards, Kari ...