Sending message to Objective-C object from C file

Hi everyone,

I am an experienced programmer but quite new in Mac OS programming. I am
developing a Cocoa application. I have an old C library files which I want
to reuse in this application. Part of that C library file plays an audio
file using another Audio library file. I want to replace functionality of
that Audio library file with QuickTime.

So I have created a Controller Objective-C object that includes
QTMovieViewer and can use that to play an audio file. Now my question is how
to send message to that Objective-C object from a C file in my old library.

Thanks in advance

Luca.

0
Luca_a
7/28/2007 10:09:03 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <f8f4sk$dgm$1@news-01.bur.connect.com.au>,
 "Luca_a" <nojunk@nojunk.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am an experienced programmer but quite new in Mac OS programming. I am
> developing a Cocoa application. I have an old C library files which I want
> to reuse in this application. Part of that C library file plays an audio
> file using another Audio library file. I want to replace functionality of
> that Audio library file with QuickTime.
>
> So I have created a Controller Objective-C object that includes
> QTMovieViewer and can use that to play an audio file. Now my question is how
> to send message to that Objective-C object from a C file in my old library.

I would say that in general if you find yourself needing to do that, the
best place to start is to rethink your design. But if you're sure you
need to, this page will probably get you on your way.

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ObjectiveC/Art
icles/chapter_4_section_6.html>
0
Gregory