trigger my code when a url is dropped onto the finder (.webloc)

Hey, I've put together some code to deal with webloc files the way I
want them to be dealt with (turn them into .url files so unix
utilities don't destroy the resource fork, run them through Faviconic,
etc).  It's nice, but I have to manually run webloc files through the
program.

Is there any way I can register some bit of code to get called when
the user drags-and-drops a URL into the finder (thereby creating a
..webloc file)?

Thanks,

  - a

--
I wrote my own mail server and it still has a few bugs.
If you send me a message and it bounces, please forward the

0
Adam
11/22/2004 8:03:21 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <x1brdq9upi.fsf@nowhere.com>, Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com>
wrote:

> Hey, I've put together some code to deal with webloc files the way I
> want them to be dealt with (turn them into .url files so unix
> utilities don't destroy the resource fork, run them through Faviconic,
> etc).  It's nice, but I have to manually run webloc files through the
> program.
>
> Is there any way I can register some bit of code to get called when
> the user drags-and-drops a URL into the finder (thereby creating a
> .webloc file)?

If you have one or a couple of specific directories to which you drag
them, you could use Folder Actions. Right-click or Ctrl-click on the
desktop and you should see a couple of relevant menu items.

--
Change account to gw when responding by mail.
0

No Mac Help in Mac Help?
When I go to Mac Help in Finder (latest version of OSX Tiger) I get nothing. The window pops up but it's blank. Click on the little house and the initial screen fills in but nothing beyond that. I had a simiar problem with Safari help some time back and someone suggested I remove a folder from Library/Caches, (com.apple.helpui or something similar) and that did the trick for Safari's help. I honestly don't recall if I've ever had the Mac Help or I've just never used it since this machine. The problem happens on or offline so I'm not sure where the Mac Help file re...

Help! iSync mac to mac

dissertation help needed- Questionnaire for programmers!!!! How do programmers perceive coding and measure the quality of software????
Can you please help with a quick shirt survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software??? Thanking You On 3/6/2013 3:18 PM, komal singh wrote: > Can you please help with a quick shirt survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software??? Personally, I favor a loose and comfortable shirt when looking at software quality. Fleece-lined in cold weather, light and breathable fabrics in the heat -- the important thing is that one's clothing should not cause discomfort...

dissertation help needed- Questionnaire for programmers!!!! How do programmers perceive coding and measure the quality of software???? #2
Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software??? Thanking You On 06/03/2013 4:36 PM, komal singh wrote: > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software??? > > > Thanking You > a) where is your survey? b) are you aware that internet surveys with self-selected respondents aren't statistically representative of the whole population of programmers? its more of a doc...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Panther and Finder Mac Help
After upgrade, clicking Help @ Finder for the first time gives an error that it can't find help files @ /Library/Documentation/Help/Machelp.help. However closing and reopening the file somewhat rebuilt the appropriate link and files. For a moment, I sensed a tiny panic in my own kernel and immediately debugged itself. ...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help with plotting
Hello, I want to plot this function using MATLAB: y = 70 + 30 * (2 * (16 - x) - 10.49) / (2 * (50 - x) - 10.49); The example code in the help page in plot() function [http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/plot.html] is like this: x = -pi:.1:pi; y = sin(x); plot(x,y) This example code works without any problem. And this is my code: x = 0:0.1:100; y = 70 + 30 * (2 * (16 - x) - 10.49) / (2 * (50 - x) - 10.49); plot (x, y); My code is plotting a constant horizontal line. The example code generates an array of "y" which is the same the size with "x"...

Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac?
http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?showtopic=33751 Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac? Aug 29 2009, 12:23 PM Post #1 Group: Star Member Posts: 297 Joined: 31-May 06 Member No.: 14,025 Today, for a hopefully brief period of time, I'm being forced to use a Mac. Since these machines are incomprehensible, I need a simple piece of information*. I know this is heresy, but . . er . . is there anywhere on the Net where peeps answer questions without offering them the choice of (1) $15 (2) $25 or (3) $50 for the answer. ~ beau (but don't tell anyone I asked...

A programme to receive the HTML code from a URL
I have written a programme to receive the HTML code from a URL http://www.pru.com.hk/ But I dunno why it doesn't work. It can only receive the beginning few lines: <!-- i n clude file="BB.asp" --> And the remaining cannot be obtained. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you. import java.io.*; import java.net.URL; import java.net.URLConnection; public class App { public static void main(String[] args) { BufferedReader br = null; try { URL url = new URL("http://www.pru.com.hk/"); URLConnection urlConn = url.openConne...

Help with plotting
Hello, I want to plot this function using MATLAB: y = 70 + 30 * (2 * (16 - x) - 10.49) / (2 * (50 - x) - 10.49); The example code in the help page in plot() function [http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/plot.html] is like this: x = -pi:.1:pi; y = sin(x); plot(x,y) This example code works without any problem. And this is my code: x = 0:0.1:100; y = 70 + 30 * (2 * (16 - x) - 10.49) / (2 * (50 - x) - 10.49); plot (x, y); My code is plotting a constant horizontal line. The example code generates an array of "y" which is the same the size with "x"...

Help me write some simple codes... I am not a programmer
Can someone help me accomplish the following in a MSAccess Report: 1. Check if Me.Discipline = "RN" (within the source query) 2. Then check the Me.YearOfEmployment: (again within the same source query) if <2 then Me.BaseRate = BaseRate, if between 2 and <5 then Me.BaseRate = BaseRate * 1.03 if between 5 and <10 then Me.BaseRate = BaseRate * 1.03 * 1.03 .... Does the following code make sense? If Me.Discipline = "RN" Then If Me.YearOfEmployment < 2 Then Me.BaseRate = Me.BaseRate * 1 ElseIf Me.Y...

Targeted Drag and Drop code modification help.
I found some drag and drop code on the web and modified it a little b taking out some of the stuff I didn't need. This sample allows you to drag an image in a table to another positio and swaps the images. Rather than just swap the images I would like t have it insert the image and move the other images down one position (or up) What would be even better is to have a radio button to specif whether you want to swap or insert the image. This sample has 16 images but eventually I plan for the IMG SRC to com from a database so there could be many more or even fewer images. I will always ha...

HELP! HELP! HELP
I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, but they were not able to figure out this problem: Here is the problem: I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then > imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange > reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, > it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is > lost. i have tried...

Help Help Help
Q1 I want to know how to show the 8 bit planes of the image?? Q2 And also find edges of image by showing both edge magnitude and direction?? ...

Help!! Help!! Help!!
I wish to vectorize the following code: s = tf('s'); W = logspace(-1,2,50); COMBINATION = combn(W, 2); K = cell(length(COMBINATION), 1); K0 = 1 + (1/(2*s)) + 0.5*s/(0.2*s + 1); % PID controller to be approximated as PI gapValue = zeros(length(COMBINATION), 1); for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) K{i} = (COMBINATION(i,1)*(1 + (1/(COMBINATION(i,2)*s)))); % PI controller end for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) gapValue(i,1) = gapmetric(K0, K{i}); end where K0 is the Nominal transfer function and K is a cell array including transfer functions whose gap metric from K0 are...

help! help!! help!!! me
hello if x=linspace(1,100,n); p=linspace(100,80,n-1); how can I get A A=[ x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; x(2) 1 -x(2) -1 0 0 0 0...0 0; p(1) 0 -p(2) 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 x(3) 1 -x(3) -1 0 0...0 0; 0 0 p(2) 0 -p(3) 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 0 0 x(4) 1 -x(4) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 p(3) 0 -p(4) 0...0 0; ....................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0...x(i) 1 -x(i) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0...p(i-1) 0 -p(i-1) 0 ...0 0; ......................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0....x(n-1) 1 -x(n-1) -1; 0 0 0 0 0 0....p(n-2) 0 -p(n-1) 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0.... 0 0 p(n-1) 0; ] "Jim lei" <redlightlike@mathworks.c...

Help, Help, Help...
Hei! Im makin a hot INVADERS game with Java but im a newbie with language, so , question is how do i use KeyPressed () function... I hav Applet Runnable... -!Hei!- Here is my problem... public class TestinKeys extends Applet implements Runnable .... .... public void run () { while ( true ) { KeyEvent ke; if ( ke.getKeyChar() == 'a' ) g_TykkiX ++; .... .... What is Wrong, im tryin to make that Invaders game but i dont know how to read keyboard with Runnable Java code... JariTapio <JariTapio@pp.inet.fi> wrote: > publi...

Help on porting MS window codes to Mac
Hello. I have little GUI experience on Mac OS but have application codes in wxWindow to port to Mac OS from MS windows. I would like to get helps. 1. what image format is better for Mac OS ? on MS Window, I have .cur and ..ico images and also convert them into .xpm/xbm for linux porting. 2. Ctrl+Key(alphabetic letters), Alt+Key(alphabetic letters), Alt+Key(alphabetic letters) and F1~F10 are used for menu shortcut on MS windows, How can I switch the corresponding accelarator keys to those suitable to Mac OS ? 3. the application catches the events from two button m...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

good matlab programmer who cen help me in my code
Dear friends iam doing a project in vision base lane detection and looking for some one who can help me, cause iam facing some problems with the code . please email me if any one has the time to help . thank you so much sani ( sahk2007@yahoo.com ) On Jun 15, 1:35 pm, sani <sahk2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Dear friends > > iam doing a project in vision base lane detection and looking for > some one who can help me, cause iam facing some problems with the > code . please email me if any one has the time to help . > thank you so much > > sani ( sahk2...@yahoo.com ) ...

Help, Help, Help
As you can probably gather im in need of help. I started a basic JAVA course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject. The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use. We are using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without having to worry about the input/output. Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website...

HELP HELP HELP...
Hi everybody there. I have created a GUI in MATLAB's guide application. In the GUI I am appearing on the screen a frame from a camera by pushing a button. My problem that sometimes the application works fine, but some others something is going wrong and I get the following error message: ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton subscripts Error in ==> LEDsFinal>txtGrabFrame_Callback at 164 A(width, i, Blue) = abs(fread(portCMU, 1, 'uint8'))/255; What does the error message mean? What seems to be the problem? How can I overco...

HELP-HELP-HELP!!!!!!!!!!
On this site par example: http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to see this a new window opens and i see a icon with ared cross in it. also on sites with games i see this... What is my problem? I have winXP-Pro firewall is out and sec. is on low..... twan1@home.nl (Twan) writes: > On this site par example: > http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html > u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to...

Web resources about - trigger my code when a url is dropped onto the finder (.webloc) - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help

Trigger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pop Trigger (@PopTrigger) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Pop Trigger @ PopTrigger ...

LIFTTT - Location Triggers for IFTTT on the App Store on iTunes
Get LIFTTT - Location Triggers for IFTTT on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Deadpool II (Trigger Happy!) by Wickedm6 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Had a lot of fun shooting Black Cat and Wickedm6 at Sydney's Cockatoo Island. There's no shortage of great spots for photography (too many to ...

Mi.Mu Gloves trigger YMCA using American Sign Language - YouTube
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mimu/mimu-glove-for-music/ Mi.Mu team member Kelly Snook and new Kickstarter Collaborator Ashley Southall ...

Sunspots facing Earth may trigger blackouts
In about a week, an area of sunspots will be pointed direct at our planet.

Suspicion triggers swift response from the bookies
Perhaps the answer to where match and race fixers can be accommodated by bookmakers came from the 36th Asian Racing Conference at Mumbai in India ...

Today’s apps gone free: Piloteer, Trigger Points, Jigsaw Wonder Polar Bears and more
Strap on your jetpack and complete missions, discover your trigger points, and complete arctic puzzles with todays collection of apps and games. ...

Merkel Back in Turkey as Syria Push Triggers More Refugees
Bloomberg Merkel Back in Turkey as Syria Push Triggers More Refugees Bloomberg Chancellor Angela Merkel returns her focus to Turkey this week ...

Winter thaw triggers early sap run in maple syrup country
Warm winter has launched an early start to the syrup season for some producers in parts of New England