Xocde find & replace

Xcode(4), what is really missing, is find and replace inside selected
text, or am I blind?

Thanx

0
Florian
5/14/2012 7:27:20 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Choose Edit > Find > Find Selected Text In Workspace. The left side of
the project window will show all instances of the selected text in the
search navigator. At the top of the search navigator is a menu that
says Find. Click the menu to do find and replace.

Mark Szymczyk
Author, Xcode Tools Sensei
http://www.meandmark.com

0
Mark

find & replace help
I want to convert to upper case the first letter of all the words in a text document, how can I do that with vi ? do I do something like this : :1,$s/ ^[a-z]/ ^[A-Z]/g ^ ^ blank blank space space Thanks Enrique A typed (on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 07:06:51PM +0000): | I want to convert to upper case the first letter of all the words in a text | document, how can I do that with vi ? | | do I do something like this : | | :1,$s/ ^[a-z]/ ^[A-Z]/g | ^ ^ | blank blank | space space You think coding filePro's uplow edit is child...

No Mac Help in Mac Help?
When I go to Mac Help in Finder (latest version of OSX Tiger) I get nothing. The window pops up but it's blank. Click on the little house and the initial screen fills in but nothing beyond that. I had a simiar problem with Safari help some time back and someone suggested I remove a folder from Library/Caches, (com.apple.helpui or something similar) and that did the trick for Safari's help. I honestly don't recall if I've ever had the Mac Help or I've just never used it since this machine. The problem happens on or offline so I'm not sure where the Mac Help file re...

integrate Find Files and Find & Replace
Hi Usual works contain replace a variable name in searched multiple files. How to do this? It seems to me using separate clicks including Edit/ Find Files to find the variable name. Then click on one file found, then click Edit/Find & replace and enter old and new then Replace. Then click on another found file, do again. I am wondering why not integrate Find Files and Find & Replace together ? For example, add more foldersthe in Look in of Find & Replace. The list the found results in the same window. User can double check them again, if they are the correct on...

MAC Help Requested! � Mac & ISO files?�
Does anyone know of any Mac software, 9.X or OSX, that can handle ISO segmented files? Thanks In article <bob-0012AF.22044402042004@news1.mts.net>, - <bob@bob.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of any Mac software, 9.X or OSX, that can handle ISO > segmented files? > > Thanks What application creates them? There's nothing on MacOS X that uses ISO files. -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... - <bob@bob.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of any Mac software, 9.X or OSX, that can handle ISO > segmented files? Do you mean...

Help! iSync mac to mac

Find & replace
I'm a bit of a novice in Paradox and can't figure out how to "find & replace" values. I do not want to replace a particular value in a complete field, just select rows of a field. For example, I want to replace the characters "F1" with the characters "F2" in rows 1000-1020 in a field titled "Description." The complete lines would read something like: before: N21-12J4F1 IS2 3/8 FLASH after: N21-12J4F2 IS2 3/8 FLASH When I select only those values I want to change the "Find & replace" is grayed out. I can get the...

MAC Help Requested! � Mac & Video Editing without loosing Quality?�
Does anyone know of any Mac software, 9.X or OSX, that will allow you to edit .MPG files and still retain the exact same quality when saving the edited version? QuickTime Pro seems to loose the quality during export. Thanks In article <bob-5A1CF6.22052302042004@news1.mts.net>, <bob@bob.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of any Mac software, 9.X or OSX, that will allow you to > edit .MPG files and still retain the exact same quality when saving the > edited version? QuickTime Pro seems to loose the quality during export. > > Thanks MPEG is a distribution format, ...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

RFC: Mac::CoreFoundation && Mac::SearchKit
Hi folks. I'm thinking of creating Perl wrappers for the primitive types found in Mac OS X's Core Foundation. Does anyone object to me using the Mac::CoreFoundation name space for that? Also, the reason I need Core Foundation types is because I'm planning a Perl wrapper for Mac OS X's Search Kit framework, which uses CF types for many of its arguments and return values. Anyone object to me using the Mac::SearchKit name space? Of course, if anyone knows of work already being done in this area, please let me know. I don't want to reinvent wheels. sherm-- Sherm Pendley &l...

HELP!!why n&#65309;"&#22522;&#20110;berkeley db&#30340;&#20010;&#20154;&#36164;&#26009;&#31649;&#29702;&#31995;&#32479;"&#65311;
why n&#65281;="&#20271;&#20811;&#21147;&#25968;&#25454;&#24211;" bu &#65309;"&#22522;&#20110;berkele db&#30340;&#20010;&#20154;&#36164;&#26009;&#31649;&#29702;&#31995;&#32479;"&#65311; #include <sys/types.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> //only this head should include for use bdb. #include "db_cxx.h" #include "db.h" #define N 200 typedef struct wendang{ char* name; char* direct; char* miaoshu; }WEN...

help on find over find
hi all I have a problem trying to do the following: MyModel.find(:all).find(:first) it can look weird or unnecesary but this is the short explanation, extended one is: I have a helper method, this receives a collection an return some html, this helper works fine if that collection is an association (has_many) of a model but doesn't work if it is a direct find over a model the error I receive is "LocalJumpError: no block given" ultra mega extended explanation is: a model: class User < ActiveRecord::Base has_many :requests end other model: cla...

Help: Replace Help
Hello, I'm going to process some RNA sequences files. And I make a small script to reverse these sequences. However, I face a problem while it's running because of order problem. This is my file contents. >seq1 ACGU >seq2 GUACCGU And I wanna replace A to C, C to A, G to U, U to G. So from my point the reversed file should be viewed like this. >seq1 CAUG >seq2 UGCAAUG This is my codes. if (@ARGV == 1) { $file = $ARGV[0]; unless (-e $file) { print "***Error: $file dose not exist.\n"; next; } unless (open $FILE_IN, '<', $file) ...

Help finding a C++ programmer
Hello all- Sorry for bothering the user group but I have 2 contract to hire positions that I am having a horrible time trying to fill due to the unique comination of skills required. The client will not budge on any of the skills or years required. If anyone know someone that is looking for employment that has the following, please direct them my way! Any and all help is appreciated! Skills required: At least 4 years of the folowing: Excellent C++, OOA/D, CORBA and SQL knowledge is a must. Must also have extensive experience with system profiling of C++ applications, tuning efforts, and...

Help find a Router for my MACs
I'm looking for a 'wrired' router to connect my 4 macs to a dsl modem someday soon. Most seem to be PC, and i'm told that they can be configured for mac, but I don't have the talent or patients to hassle with something I don't understand just to have to give up and start over. So, I would like to get somthing that I know I can set up and use- Where's a few good places to look? Many thanks......DaveC....... In article <goldfern-AA58C1.12213504072004@news-central.dca.giganews.com>, Dave <goldfern@kalama.com> wrote: > I'm looking for a '...

Find & Replace Syntax
I have the following data and would like to =93find=94 and =93replace=94 specific values in a string variable (VAR1), without changing valid values. Any suggested syntax would be greatly appreciated. Damir Old Data VAR1 836.04-1002 362.05-5000 326.01-306 893.05-8001 9999.0001 9999.0001 9999.0002 9999.0002 9999.0002 9999.0003 9999.0004 9999.0005 New Data VAR1 836.04-1002 362.05-5000 326.01-306 893.05-8001 9999-0001 9999-0001 9999-0002 9999-0002 9999-0002 9999-0003 9999-0004 9999-0005 On Aug 21, 10:13=A0am, damirku...@bellsouth.net wrote: > I have the ...

Look in of Find & Replace
Hi, I am wondering why the Look in of Find & Replace doesn't contain directory selection. If there is, I can replace variable names across different files quickly. Or, do I miss something? Mike I mean I want to replace an old variable to a new variable across many M files. It's not easy currently. I need to click to another M file again and again. Isn't it better if one can "Look in" in some directory containing all M files and find/replace. Mike ...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

HELP Firewire replacement for Mac
Without going into chapter and verse I seem to be having a problm with the FW 400 ports in my G4 PowerMac. The FW800 port works fine but as soon as I plug my camera into any FW400 port the thing crashes. I have just installed Tiger but Apple say the failure is probably not conected and is almost certainly hardware related. If both ports are fried, I've heard the best way to go is to buy a Firewire PCI card and install that instead of fixing it though Apple. Anybody got any recomendations? BTW when I posted this problem to the Apple web site, it stayed up for about a day and t...

Find & replace function
Hi all, Does anyone know if Matlab has a function which replicates the Find & Replace menu command. I am in the process of moving my m-files onto a different computer and I need to search through all of them and replace 'D:' with 'C:' whenever there is a Load or Save. Is it possible to write an m-file to do this automatically - ie check all the files in a directory for the given string and then change it? Many Thanks Emrys "Emrys Jones" <e.b.jones@ncl.ac.uk> writes: > Hi all, > Does anyone know if Matlab has a...

Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac?
http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?showtopic=33751 Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac? Aug 29 2009, 12:23 PM Post #1 Group: Star Member Posts: 297 Joined: 31-May 06 Member No.: 14,025 Today, for a hopefully brief period of time, I'm being forced to use a Mac. Since these machines are incomprehensible, I need a simple piece of information*. I know this is heresy, but . . er . . is there anywhere on the Net where peeps answer questions without offering them the choice of (1) $15 (2) $25 or (3) $50 for the answer. ~ beau (but don't tell anyone I asked...

Help help :( mxDuplicateArray problem && how to creat a object in mex
My english is not well :( there are some mex function : such as mxCreatStuctArray, mxCreateDoubleMatrix,...etc, but i can not find a function to creat a class object (defined in matlab) in the mex function ? How can i creat a new object in mex ????????is anyone can give a hint , thanks a lot other question is : i wrote mex code like following: myMex.c ======================================== mxArray *pmxNewObj=NULL; mxArray *pmxNewValue =NULL; if(mxIsClass( prhs[1], "myClass")){ printf( " my object is known by mex\n"); } pmxNewValue = mxCreateDoubleScala...

Talbot, Its basic macro aper math. With each pass of the macro processor it reduces && to &. in yoru case: %put &&mlv&mlin. = &&&&&&mlv&mlin. ; 1st pass: &mlv5 = &&&mlv5 2nd Pass: Daisy = &Daisy 3rd Pass : Daisy = Yellow Toby Dunn From: Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> Reply-To: Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: &&&&&& Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:38:44 -0400 Received: from malibu.cc.uga.edu ([128.192.1.103]) by MC8-F21.hotmail...

HELP, HELP, HELP........plz: Finding and displaying records
Plz Help Me I Have a simple datsbase with 2 tables tblproducts productID primary key productname text unit cost currency tblorder orderID productID productname unit cost productID are linked I'm trying to get a form to show the products as a combo box which is ok, but the unit price does not update Simple I know But I'd appreciate your help thankie much John In article <eem8c09cjk2fkarcbi91e0i29sugm2qk1f@4ax.com>, jomichie <jmohie@bwr.eastlink.ca> writes: >I'm trying to get a form to show the products as a combo box which is >ok, but the unit ...

Syntax editor
Having created a command file in the 'syntax editor' and corrected the various bugs the process worked find, but one of the bug-bears I found was the inability of spss (v14 Windows) to search for text. Using the cntrl-F key combination brings up "Find and Replace" dialogue box. Upon entering a search string (multi-characters string) the facility would find the first occasion but would not go beyond the first occasion of the string in the text. Also, during my work in creating the command file I had inadvertently left a few quote marks from the variable labels list...