Fortran

Is there cheaper Fortran compilers to Mac Os X
than Absoft Pro Fortran v9.0 for OS X
or
IBM XL Fortran Compiler 8.1 for OS X

Commercial versions are

   Pro Fortran
Compiler & Tools 9.0

97PCOSX1
$899.00~ Buy now

and

  XL Fortran
Compiler & Tools

8.1

XLFOSX381C
$999.00 Buy now

Heikki Jamsa
heikki.jamsa@mail.suomi.net

0
ISO
11/26/2004 12:21:49 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.tools 504 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:21:49 +0200,
    Heikki J�ms� (heikki.jamsa@mail.suomi.net) wrote:

> Is there cheaper Fortran compilers to Mac Os X
> than Absoft Pro Fortran v9.0 for OS X
> or
> IBM XL Fortran Compiler 8.1 for OS X

NAG f95 is slightly cheaper (~$600 for a single-user license).  You
can also try GNU g77 -- which is free.  You can download g77 from
<http://hpc.sourceforge.net>

Beverly
--
Many a smale maketh a grate -- Geoffrey Chaucer
0
Heikki J�ms� <heikki.jamsa@mail.suomi.net> wrote in message news:<41A6771D.5050704@mail.suomi.net>...
> Is there cheaper Fortran compilers to Mac Os X
> than Absoft Pro Fortran v9.0 for OS X
> or
> IBM XL Fortran Compiler 8.1 for OS X
>
> Commercial versions are
>
>    Pro Fortran
> Compiler & Tools 9.0
>
> 97PCOSX1
> $899.00~ Buy now
>
> and
>
>   XL Fortran
> Compiler & Tools
>
> 8.1
>
> XLFOSX381C
> $999.00 Buy now

G95 at http://www.g95.org is free for many platforms, including Mac OS
X. There are still a few bugs, but it compiles many large codes and
most of my own. The principal developer responds quickly to bug
reports. There is also gfortran at http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ . This
also aims to be a full F95 compiler, but currently there are more gaps
than with g95. Gfortran is supposed to become part of gcc 4.0,
replacing g77 .
0
beliavsky
11/26/2004 10:43:11 AM
I have earlier used F77 (Absoft F77 Amiga compiler, on Mac via UAE Amiga
emulator).
I never have programmed with g77 or g95.
How much their source code differs from source code of F77 ?

beliavsky@aol.com wrote:
> Heikki J�ms� <heikki.jamsa@mail.suomi.net> wrote in message news:<41A6771D.5050704@mail.suomi.net>...
>
>>Is there cheaper Fortran compilers to Mac Os X
>>than Absoft Pro Fortran v9.0 for OS X
>>or
>>IBM XL Fortran Compiler 8.1 for OS X
>>
>>Commercial versions are
>>
>>   Pro Fortran
>>Compiler & Tools 9.0
>>
>>97PCOSX1
>>$899.00~ Buy now
>>
>>and
>>
>>  XL Fortran
>>Compiler & Tools
>>
>>8.1
>>
>>XLFOSX381C
>>$999.00 Buy now
>

> G95 at http://www.g95.org is free for many platforms, including Mac OS
> X. There are still a few bugs, but it compiles many large codes and
> most of my own. The principal developer responds quickly to bug
> reports. There is also gfortran at http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ . This
> also aims to be a full F95 compiler, but currently there are more gaps
> than with g95. Gfortran is supposed to become part of gcc 4.0,
> replacing g77 .

0
ISO
11/26/2004 2:00:45 PM
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Heikki_J=E4ms=E4?= <heikki.jamsa@mail.suomi.net> wrote:
>I have earlier used F77 (Absoft F77 Amiga compiler, on Mac via UAE Amiga

>emulator).
>I never have programmed with g77 or g95.
>How much their source code differs from source code of F77 ?

I use mostly Compaq Visual Fortran and Lahey/Fujitsu for with Windows PC,
so I don't know if there are many extensions in the Absoft F77 compiler unsupported
by g77 or g95. You could give them a try and/or ask about this in comp.lang.fortran
, where there are some users of Absoft.

beliavsky

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

is there any regular expression tool for vs2005? Advanced Telesoft, Super Programmer, Dan is there any regular expression tool for vs2005? Super Programmer
is there any regular expression tool for vs2005? Advanced Telesoft, Super Programmer, Dan from hkhellhkhell@hotmail.com hkhellhkhell@hotmail.com wrote: > is there any regular expression tool for vs2005? > Advanced Telesoft, Super Programmer, Dan > from hkhellhkhell@hotmail.com Hey, do you realise there's chap over on comp.lang.java.programmer getting grief for being the same person as the one (you) who sent around 60 spamming posts to various technical newsgroups in September ? You should really get your own IP address and stop giving him a bad name. -- chris ...

Fortran programmers's favorite report-writing tools
Hi I've asked this problem elsewhere and didn't have a proper answer. I'd like to ask your experience for variables or equations typing in some technical report. I use Mathtype & Microsoft word to create equation and also variables,e.g. theta, alpha, gamma. If I change this word file into two columns format, which is required for some conference, these variables look very big. I have asked this question in group of microsoft.public.word.docmanagement http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.word.docmanagement/browse_frm/thread/037d869cb30b8e3f/# and there's a r...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Mac Tools
Are there any Mac OS tools out there for SGML/XML work? I'm not opposed to Windows tools, but I primarily work on the Mac. I still use an old Windows 3.1 program called Author/Editor, and we want to replace with something newer that has support options. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Scott GR, MI Scott wrote: > Are there any Mac OS tools out there for SGML/XML work? There *were*, but very few. > I'm not opposed to Windows tools, but I primarily work on the Mac. If you're used to (and using Mac OS/X) then most Unix/Linux tools will work for y...

fortran and mac
Is there a good fortran (90) for Mac Os X? thanks. jim wrote: > Is there a good fortran (90) for Mac Os X? thanks. > > gfortran!!! http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ -- ----------------------------------- Alfredo Buttari, Universit� di Roma "Tor Vergata", Dipartimento Informatica Sistemi e Produzione Via del Politecnico 1 00133 Roma, Italy URL: http://www.ce.uniroma2.it/people/buttari.html On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:59:11 GMT, jim wrote: > Is there a good fortran (90) for Mac Os X? thanks. Absoft Pro Fortran. <http://www.absoft.com/> -- Dave Seaman Judge...

To Mac or not to Mac?

Fortran for Mac ?
I am looking for a free Fortran for MacOS 9-10. Do you know that ? -- JC > I am looking for a free Fortran for MacOS 9-10. Do you know that ? For Mac OS X, there's Fortran as part of the gcc package. See here: http://hpc.sourceforge.net/ Salut, Andrew Jean-Charles wrote: > > I am looking for a free Fortran for MacOS 9-10. Do you know that ? > > -- > JC Commercial use? Personal use? -- Gary Scott mailto:garyscottNOSPAM@ev1.net Fortran Library http://www.fortranlib.com Support the GNU Fortran G95 Project: http://g95.sourceforge.net Gary L. Scott <garysc...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Mac to mac

Is there a Mac programmer...?
Is there a mac programmer who wants to compile an utility for Canon 400D camera? ------------------------------------------------------------ - FocusAssist v0.1 for Windows 2000/XP - A Mac version is within the realm of possibility, since both Canon's SDK and the GUI library I used (wxWidgets) support the Mac as well as Windows. If you are a registered Canon SDK developer, have a Mac, and want to try and compile it, contact me and I'll send you the source. http://www.xmission.com/~jstanley/focusassist/ ------------------------------------------------------------- http://snipurl.com...

Mac tools
Hallo, I am trying to work under Mac OS X with wxMac. Is there something like wxDesigner for that platform? Moreover, is there something like Dev-C++, ie something where I can make a project based on wxWindows? Alternately, which are the flags and the command line arguements to use under Mac? Thank you, Carmine. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwindows.o...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Web resources about - Fortran - comp.sys.mac.programmer.tools

Fortran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.f , .for , .f90 , .f95 and is the language used for programs that benchmark and rank the world's fastest supercomputers . Fortran encompasses ...

ForTran: Formula Translator on the App Store on iTunes
Get ForTran: Formula Translator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

LLVM to get FORTRAN compiler that targets parallel GPUs in clusters
... it had established a partnership with NVIDIA that would be enhancing the LLVM compiler collection. The goal will be to port an existing FORTRAN ...

Sun's Fortran replacement goes open-source
Good-bye Fortran, hello Fortress? Server maker seeks open-source help building alternative to decades-old programming language. A CNET article ...

You Can Write FORTRAN in any Language
We've seen that the cultures of VB and C# are very different. And we've seen that this is no fault of the programmers that use them. Rather this ...

P.W. Singer on "Soldiers of Fortran," i.e. robots that kill people
That there is an X-Box. That there is six of the reported 17,000+ military robots that the U.S. operates, including a scary-ass robot-speedboat-gunship ...

NAG Fortran Compiler now supports OpenMP
NAG Fortran Compiler now supports OpenMP

Fortran creator John W. Backus passes away at age 82
The New York Times is reporting that John W. Backus, who led the team at IBM that developed the Fortran programming language, died Saturday at ...

Home · jerryd/gtk-fortran Wiki · GitHub
Fortran 95 GTK+ Interface Modules. Contribute to gtk-fortran development by creating an account on GitHub.

Liquid-proof HPR-3 Robot Doesn't Run on Olde Fortran
Here's HPR-3 Promet Mark II, a 160cm-tall robot that can probably snap your spine if you don't get him a beer case every day. The new 149-pound ...