wireshark trojan?

Being lazy, I downloaded a wireshark .dmg from

http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownload/WireShark-Download-23340.html

and installed.

I just rebooted and was informed that the wireshark copy in my startup
items had the wrong permissions...

Hello.

That's got potential to be the ultimate customizable man-in-the-middle
attack and I certainly didn't authorize it to install as a startup.

So now, I'm stuck trying to remove every trace of wireshark from my Mac
and reinstall from the source obtained via source forge.

I'll give this warning to http://mac.softpedia.com/ but for now, I'm not
trusting anything I might download from them and neither should anyone
else, IMHO.

Lawson
0
Lawson
3/4/2008 5:20:01 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.tools 504 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow