*URGENT* Mac OS X 10.4.7 for INTEL Macs REVISED: Old update incomplete

I hate it when this happens. :-P

Note that this post ONLY refers to:

*INTEL Macs*

PowerPC Macs are NOT affected.

The original Mac OS X 10.4.7 update for Macintel machines was missing
files related to OpenGL. DO NOT USE THE ORIGINAL UPDATE. Use the newly
revised version that corrects this problem.

What if you already ran the incomplete update?

It is possible you can simply run the new update and you will be fine,
but I have NOT verified this to be the case. For now, head over to
Macintouch and MacFixIt for advice:

<http://www.macintouch.com/>
<http://www.macfixit.com/>

I will post new information in this thread as it is discovered.

Below is Apple's Security Announcement regarding the release of this
revision.

:-Derek

=============================

APPLE-SA-2006-06-29 Mac OS X v10.4.7 package revision

Mac OS X v10.4.7 was released on Tuesday of this week.  The install
package that upgrades a Mac OS X v10.4.6 (Intel) system is being
revised.  The revision is to provide several files related to OpenGL
performance that were missing.

Only the package that upgrades a Mac OS X v10.4.6 (Intel) system to
Mac OS X v10.4.7 (Intel) is being changed.  All other Mac OS X
v10.4.7 install packages remain unchanged.

The change being made to the install package does not affect the
security fixes provided in the package.

The new package is named:  MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.dmg
It's SHA-1 digest is:  10aa57dfccd63accb0939a894cea202a8910fb45

--
Fortune Magazine, 11-29-05: What's your computer setup today?
Frederick Brooks: I happily use a Macintosh. It's not been equalled for ease

Derek Currie wrote:

> I hate it when this happens. :-P
>
> Note that this post ONLY refers to:
>
> *INTEL Macs*
>
> PowerPC Macs are NOT affected.

OK, OK! Now stop running around like the town crier of Pompeii. Settle
down, catch your breath, and Don't Panic.

Davoud

P.S. Your post, which is appropriate for comp.sys.mac.system, seems to
have gone to some other newsgroups as well. What is there about an
error by Apple that belongs on /two/ advocacy groups!?

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
0
wrote:

> Derek Currie wrote:
>
> > I hate it when this happens. :-P
> >
> > Note that this post ONLY refers to:
> >
> > *INTEL Macs*
> >
> > PowerPC Macs are NOT affected.
>
> OK, OK! Now stop running around like the town crier of Pompeii. Settle
> down, catch your breath, and Don't Panic.
>
> Davoud
>
> P.S. Your post, which is appropriate for comp.sys.mac.system, seems to
> have gone to some other newsgroups as well. What is there about an
> error by Apple that belongs on /two/ advocacy groups!?

   Davioud:
          He was so busy hyperventiliating that I am having trouble
deciding.. so I have a problem on MacBook or not?
0
kurtullman (1679)
6/30/2006 2:19:42 AM
Davoud:
> > OK, OK! Now stop running around like the town crier of Pompeii. Settle
> > down, catch your breath, and Don't Panic.
> >
> > Davoud
> >
> > P.S. Your post, which is appropriate for comp.sys.mac.system, seems to
> > have gone to some other newsgroups as well. What is there about an
> > error by Apple that belongs on /two/ advocacy groups!?

Kurt Ullman:
>           He was so busy hyperventiliating that I am having trouble
> deciding.. so I have a problem on MacBook or not?

I suggest you run Software Update. If nothing is there, try tomorrow.
It seems that there will be another 10.4.7 update for MacBooks and
other Intel Macs soon.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
0
star (3126)
6/30/2006 3:20:20 AM
Davoud wrote:
> Davoud:
> > > OK, OK! Now stop running around like the town crier of Pompeii. Settle
> > > down, catch your breath, and Don't Panic.
> > >
> > > Davoud
> > >
> > > P.S. Your post, which is appropriate for comp.sys.mac.system, seems to
> > > have gone to some other newsgroups as well. What is there about an
> > > error by Apple that belongs on /two/ advocacy groups!?
>
> Kurt Ullman:
> >           He was so busy hyperventiliating that I am having trouble
> > deciding.. so I have a problem on MacBook or not?
>
> I suggest you run Software Update. If nothing is there, try tomorrow.
> It seems that there will be another 10.4.7 update for MacBooks and
> other Intel Macs soon.

I just ran Software Update for my MBP. Got the new version of iTunes
and Quicktime. Asked if I want to download iPod software as well (I
said no, since I use my iMac G5 for my iPods). Nothing new on 10.4.7,
which I downloaded a couple of days ago.

Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow...
--
Dave Fritzinger
Honolulu, HI

0
dfritzin (3022)
6/30/2006 4:47:46 AM
In article <290620062320203830%star@sky.net>, Davoud <star@sky.net>
wrote:

> Davoud:
> > > OK, OK! Now stop running around like the town crier of Pompeii. Settle
> > > down, catch your breath, and Don't Panic.
> > >
> > > Davoud
> > >
> > > P.S. Your post, which is appropriate for comp.sys.mac.system, seems to
> > > have gone to some other newsgroups as well. What is there about an
> > > error by Apple that belongs on /two/ advocacy groups!?
>
> Kurt Ullman:
> >           He was so busy hyperventiliating that I am having trouble
> > deciding.. so I have a problem on MacBook or not?
>
> I suggest you run Software Update. If nothing is there, try tomorrow.
> It seems that there will be another 10.4.7 update for MacBooks and
> other Intel Macs soon.

  Ran it with just the Itunes, Ipod and one other (I just forgot). Seems
to be running okay at this time. Can I relax or should I not turn it off
until the updates or something else.
     My MBP doesn't over heat, whine, or have any of the other problems
that have surfaced (including any problems with 10.4.7. I don't know if
I should happy or paranoid (grin).
0
kurtullman (1679)