Apple in good company!

With the number of smart phones sold today, Samsung decided to change
its business. Manufacturing phones doesn't bring as much money as
selling them. So, it decided to hit Apple head on. For the S3, it has
changed the slope of its round corner and for the A6 SoC, Apple will
"simply" have to change its foundry to TSMC, which is far from having as
good a reputation as Samsung.

<http://www.padgadget.com/2011/09/16/tsmc-to-build-apples-a6-cpu-for-ipad-3/>

But that's not all. Samsung has teamed up with Intel to develop an OS
called Tizen. Intel is developing a new SoC with the Tri-Gate 3D
technolgy and, if it proves more efficient than the ARM SoC, which,
given the new technology and 22 nm engraving, seems likely, it will
adopt it. Which means more losses for Apple since it's an important
investor in ARM.

But that's not all. Samsung has also joined forces with Google Nexus and
Android. What's the goal? You see that little gadget called Siri? Well,
believe it or not, it's the future of querying search engines. And here,
Google is king.

Its software works better than Siri. While keeping low-key in developing
software that doesn't seem to talk because it doesn't read back text --
a technology that is 20 years old -- it was developing the most
important part, the one for which Apple paid 200 millions absolutely in
vain.

Now, all that's missing is that Amazon joins the pack.

So, now Samsung will offer a larger screen with better definition, Flash
software, 4G, better querying, and you will go for the lamie?
If only Morons who are only open to Apple's brainwashing could wait one
month before they buy, they'd have a different perspective. That's why
Apple, which was already more than 3 months late in releasing the 4S
rushed it out ASAP. That's why it will have to offer a new phone soon.

The game is over. Nobody wants to play with Apple anymore. The huge
ludicrous bubble that reflects investors' belief that it would rule the
world and bring in more money than Exxon, is about to bust.

Interesting article about the iCloud:

<http://www.thestreet.com/story/11269186/1/apple-icloud-isnt-the-answer-for-businesses.html>

0
pzh (32)

Take care of those you call your own,
and keep good company.

--
Celle est une langue.     |   With the nutty taste of wild hickory nuts.
C'est francais           /|\              I'm whoever you want me to be.

Baton Mail Version 0.9.1b for use with Apple Mac OS 7.1 on an Apple Mac SE/30 or SE
Does anyone have a copy of Baton Mail Version 0.9.1b for use with Apple Mac OS 7.1 on an Apple Mac SE/30 or SE ? I obtained a copy from http://www.mythtech.net, but this version is Baton Mail v0.9.7.8b - which is for Apple Mac OS 7.6.1. I have downloaded the previous version, Same Result - Timebomb !! ...

Apple or third-party protection vs. Mac's password system
Since I carry my PowerBook just about everywhere I go, I am considering a third-party tool (such as Knox from https://www.knoxformac.com/) or Apple's own FileVault (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/filevault/) to protect personal files. I got to thinking about this when I got very drunk one night in a bar and left my machine behind, but the bar staff knew me and kept it for me. And a co-worker had his laptop stolen off his shoulder while he was walking down a sidewalk, like a purse snatching. I almost never "sleep" the Mac ... I usually power off whenever I'm don...

Psystar Macs Better Than Apple Macs?
Some of these people seem to think so. They have the right idea, a Mac that you can internally expand with hard drives and expansion cards to add functionality like USB 3.0 when it comes out. http://store.psystar.com/review/product/list/id/106/category/39/ John In article <h88s9j$8gm$1@news.eternal-september.org>, John Slade <hhitman86@pacbell.net> wrote: > Some of these people seem to think so. They have the right > idea, a Mac that you can internally expand with hard drives and > expansion cards to add functionality like USB 3.0 when it comes out. > > http://store.psystar.com/review/product/list/id/106/category/39/ > > > John LOL! Reviews at the mfg site? Regardless of who's site it is, those are usually useless. What the hell would you think reviews of Pystar on Pystar's site would say? Lloyd Parsons wrote: > In article <h88s9j$8gm$1@news.eternal-september.org>, > John Slade <hhitman86@pacbell.net> wrote: > >> Some of these people seem to think so. They have the right >> idea, a Mac that you can internally expand with hard drives and >> expansion cards to add functionality like USB 3.0 when it comes out. >> >> http://store.psystar.com/review/product/list/id/106/category/39/ >> >> >> John > > LOL! Reviews at the mfg site? Regardless of who's site it is, those > are usually useless. What the hell would...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , www 'DOT' 20000plusdvdsandcds 'DOT' tk , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, www.20000plusdvdsandcds.tk --------------------------------------- 2007-10-15 MacDrive 7.0.10 Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (1 cd) 2007-10-02 MakeMusic Finale 2008 for Mac (3 cd) 2007/10/02 Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID 1DVD 2007-10-05 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.2 for Mac ------------------------------------------------------- 2007/09/29 Autodesk Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac (1 dvd) 2007/09/25 FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac (1 dvd) 2007/09/14 Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite 4.5.3 for Mac 2007/09/09 Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel (1 dvd) MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac (1 cd) Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac (1 cd) Vertus Fluid Mask 3.0.1 for Mac -------------------------------...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio P
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr ...

Looking for used MAC system to learn MACs
Hello, I am looking for recommendations for a used MAC system that I can use to learn MACs. I have used Unix and Linux for the past 20 years, but I'd like to understand a little more about how they work. I have been looking at some used G4 and G5 systems, but not sure if these will be lame ducks. I would like to kick around at the prompt level to see how different it is from a normal Unix system , but I'd like to learn some of the apps and gui stuff too so I don't look like an idiot to friends. Any recommendations or help is welcomed. Thanks. Snoopy. In article <de47faa0-31c3-4c8f-b428-58cac4c0b3d6@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, <"snoopy_@excite.com"> wrote: > Hello, > I am looking for recommendations for a used MAC system that I can > use to learn MACs. I have used Unix and Linux for the past 20 years, > but I'd like to understand a little more about how they work. I have > been looking at some used G4 and G5 systems, but not sure if these > will be lame ducks. I would like to kick around at the prompt level > to see how different it is from a normal Unix system , but I'd like to > learn some of the apps and gui stuff too so I don't look like an idiot > to friends. Any recommendations or help is welcomed. Thanks. i'd suggest a refurbished intel based mac mini to get your feet wet. apple has them from time to time for as little as $400ish. despite nearly all software being univer...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, VIENNA INSTRUMENTS VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARIES, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, VIENNA INSTRUMENTS VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARIES, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT...

If Macs were so good
All the IT guys would be using them. But hardly any do. ...

good very good
Very interesting website. Keep up the outstanding work and thank you... http://where-to-buy-pills.com http://where-to-buy-pills.com/buy-prednisone-online http://where-to-buy-pills.com/buy-plavix-75mg ...

Apple drops Mac category from annual Apple Design Awards
http://bit.ly/a1SyIh Read the comments. Looks like Macs are on the way out. Doesn't seem much purpose for this newsgroup any more. Steve In article <i-KdnZ8nFMPFTEfWnZ2dnUVZ_jednZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote: > http://bit.ly/a1SyIh > > Read the comments. Looks like Macs are on the way out. Doesn't seem > much purpose for this newsgroup any more. > > Steve I think you are reading way too much into this, but you are sure welcome to your opinion. I think that you'll see more emphasis on the appliance side of the business, but still have the Mac around to bitch about for quite some time. :) -- Lloyd On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 05:47:19 -0700, Steve de Mena wrote (in article <i-KdnZ8nFMPFTEfWnZ2dnUVZ_jednZ2d@giganews.com>): > http://bit.ly/a1SyIh > > Read the comments. Looks like Macs are on the way out. Doesn't seem > much purpose for this newsgroup any more. > > Steve > Well, then, you won't have to post here anymore will you? Bye, now. On Apr 30, 8:47=A0am, Steve de Mena <st...@stevedemena.com> wrote: > http://bit.ly/a1SyIh > > Read the comments. =A0Looks like Macs are on the way out. =A0Doesn't seem > much purpose for this newsgroup any more. > > Steve Apple Consumption Company On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 05:47:19 -0700, Steve de Mena wrote: > http://bit.ly/a1SyIh ...

Mac to mac

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

new operating system called Pather on Apple
Apple has a new operating system called Pather. It is completely unix based and I am wondering if There is any Mumps which can be ported directly to this new operating system. The specs can be found at http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/unix/ Thanks Very much Simcha Simcha wrote: > I am wondering whether there is any Mumps which can be ported directly to > this new operating system. From what Bhaskar has reported about GT.M, it sounds like a strong candidate. Yes. H Hokey Stenn wrote: > Yes. Good answer. You'd make a great trial witness. Could you be persuaded so s...

eBay: Apple IIc system + Apple monochrome monitor
http://snipr.com/AppleIIc To: Dave Re: eBay: Apple IIc system + Apple monochrome monitor - new in box By: Dave to comp.sys.apple2.marketplace on Thu Jan 24 2008 08:45 am > http://snipr.com/AppleIIc They do show up from time to time. People like me maybe, who have them stored away. --- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 1.85 A2Central.com - Your total source for Apple II computing. sfahey wrote: > To: Dave > Re: eBay: Apple IIc system + Apple monochrome monitor - new in box > By: Dave to comp.sys.apple2.marketplace on Thu Jan 24 2008 08:45 am > > > http://snipr.com/AppleIIc > > They do show up from time to time. People like me maybe, who have them stored > away. I loved this: "I have never seen another unopened Apple II C system in my life, and this belongs in a museum as this is the only way to correctly portray how a new Apple system from the early years of computing would arrive." And he *still* hasn't seen anything but the *box* of an unopened Apple IIc. ;-) I guess each box is only good for one opening--after that, you can't smell the air of the Apple factory. ;-) I know, I know--I watch Antiques Roadshow sometimes, too--but this kind of obsession richly deserves to be mocked. ;-) "If only you hadn't repaired that chip in the paint, it would be worth $45,000, but, in this repaired condition, it's only worth $35." ;-) -michael NadaP...

20 Years Ago Today: Apple //, Mac LC, The Future of the Apple //
Path: utzoo!utgpu!news-server.csri.toronto.edu!rpi!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!ohstpy!miavx1!rlcollins From: rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2 Subject: Apple //, Mac LC, The Future of the Apple // Message-ID: <4531.27f67680@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu> Date: 1 Apr 91 04:53:36 GMT Lines: 60 Well, here are my thoughts on the Apple // line and the Mac LC. What Apple should be doing is lowering the price of the //c+ to about $150 to $200 dollars. That wo...

FA: Apple //c LCD (system), Apple ][ plus, last couple of days.
The Apple //c LCD system is available to the US and Canada, Australia and Japan - either have the panel on it's own and don't pay shipping, or have everything (except the 9" monitor unless you're really desperate for it) and pay shipping (the 9" will cost a load to ship). Apple ][ Plus is very, very original and very clean, and really UK only but if someone is prepared to pay for the shipping (expect around �50 if you don't want the 9" monitor it comes with) I'll consider it - except to most of Europe, where I seem to end up with lost parcels rather too frequently. Apple //c is only �12.50 at the moment. There are 41 people watching - if you're going to bid, now would be the time to do it if you don't want to end up in a battle with snipers all bidding at once. Remember; bid what you want to pay! If someone outbids you, then you don't need to worry because you've bid what you wanted to pay, right? Also, if people see a higher figure, they may be discouraged from sniping, ultimately reducing the price you may pay. Finally, I've recently had eBay 'lock up' when trying to bid at the last minute, losing me amongst other items, a rare drum machine I wanted that ended for an insanely low figure. I didn't get it, and I would have paid more for it - had I bid when I first saw it, I might have got it. Apple ][ Plus is �46 at the moment. Shipping prices: Overseas - if you w...

More people use Apple Macs than you think; 8-12 percent of homes use Macs
From Macdaily news. http://tinyurl.com/6homm Yeah, the win-nuts will say it's a Mac site and thus biased, however it references where the numbers came from... -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" Jim Polaski wrote: > From Macdaily news. > > http://tinyurl.com/6homm > > Yeah, the win-nuts will say it's a Mac site and thus biased, however it > references where the numbers came from... No it doesn't. Neither link leads to anything. In article <1111193222.615150.148660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> wrote: > Jim Polaski wrote: > > From Macdaily news. > > > > http://tinyurl.com/6homm > > > > Yeah, the win-nuts will say it's a Mac site and thus biased, however > it > > references where the numbers came from... > > No it doesn't. Neither link leads to anything. > We can always count on lost-eddie to post nothing when he can't read. -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" "Jim Polaski" <jpolaski@NOSPMync.net> wrote in message news:jpolaski-9DEBE5.20261422032005@netnews.comcast.net... > In article <1111193222.615150.148660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, > "Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> wrote: > >> Jim Polaski wr...

FS, eBay, Complete c64 System w/Games. Good starter system. 220525
Greetings: I have listed a complete commodore 64 system on ebay. Everything is included and about 25 to 30 games. Below is a link, and if anyone has any questions, please email me at... stiggity99(at)comcast.net ...

System 7/Mac Classic: Making a backup system diskette without the original diskette
Hi, I've just inherited a pair of Mac Classic's. One fires up sweetly from it's internal HDD and the other looks sad. On the sad one I read the manual and thought, ah-ha, no system disk. I'll pop in the nice Apple one that came with the working Mac and use that to kick-start it. No joy, just two very broad black/white vertical bars....but........ Now, I cannot get the diskette out of the sad one's internal drive. I've tried the mouse down during power-on idea. I've tried the <Apple>+Shift+1 trick. I've tried the paper clip idea but the little sod won...

Apple II Dos - Apple II " The DOS Manual
Apple II Dos - Apple II " The DOS Manual - Disk Operating System " PDF format link : http://aceemploymentservices.net/apple_ii__dos.htm ...

Manual Apple II Dos - Apple II " The DOS Manual
Manual Apple II Dos - Apple II " The DOS Manual - Disk Operating System " http://vintagecomputermanuals.com/Apple%20PRODOS%20Manual/manual__apple_ii__dos%20%20LINKS%20MAIN.htm ...

**NIP-Apple Computer: gold Apple, LISA, Mac pins & pen(1980s)
http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/3541868013.html **NIP-Apple Computer: gold Apple, LISA, Mac pins & pen(1980s) - $65 (broomfield) New in package - Apple Computer LISA pins *6 (VERY RARE) LISA in gold on Apple apple pins ($200 each or all for $1,100) This very rare Lisa pin features a deep red Apple logo, with the Lisa logo in gold. 6 pins in original packages *2 LISA pins (square)- $65 each Vintage Apple Computer "Lisa" Promo Button/Pin Back. Circa 1983 (nearly 30 years old). Apple provided a limited number of these to authorized dealers as promo items when the Apple Lisa 1 (with dual "Twiggy" Drives) was introduced in 1983. Measures approx. 1-1/2" square *Macintosh pin (rare) - $80 *1 Gold Apple employee pin (1981)-new in package $110 *1 Gold Apple pen with rainbow Apple logo (used but in good condition) $60 stored non-smoking home cash *Macintosh pin (rare) - $80 Location: broomfield it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests Posting ID: 3541868013 Posted: 2013-01-23, 6:02PM MST email to a friend ...

MAC Defender variant quickly thwarts Apple's Mac OS X security update
http://bit.ly/msgDE0 MAC Defender variant quickly thwarts Apple's Mac OS X security update By AppleInsider Staff Published: 03:55 PM EST A day after Apple released a security update for Mac OS X to address the "MAC Defender" malware, a new variant of the bogus antivirus software has been spotted in the wild. As first reported by Ed Bott at ZDNet, the new variation of MAC Defender, named "Mdinstall.pkg," has been crafted to bypass the new malware-blocking code made available by Apple. That update for Mac OS X, Security Update 2011-003, was released on Tuesday. "The file has a date and time stamp from last night at 9:24PM Pacific time," Bott wrote. That's less than 8 hours after Apple's security update was released. On a test system using Safari with default settings, it behaved exactly as before, beginning the installation process with no password required. "As PC virus experts know, this cat-and-mouse game can go on indefinitely. Your move, Apple." Security Update 2011-003 included changes to the File Quarantine feature found in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. It includes anti-malware definitions within the operating system itself, and examines external files downloaded within Mail, iChat, Safari, or other quarantine-aware applications. The MACDefender malware first gained attention in early May, when it was spotted by an antivirus company. The program automatically download...

Apple vs Apple: Apple wins!
Apple wins! <http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/entertainment/4983796.stm> Seems a sensible solution to me... ;-) PS: Just to be clear - Apple, Inc., won - Apple Corps lost. -- /Jon For mail address, run the following in Terminal: echo 36199371860304980107073482417748002696458P|dc Skype: storhaugen On 2006-05-08 03:54:30 -0700, see_signature@mac.com.invalid (Jon) said: > Apple wins! > <http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/entertainment/4983796.stm> > Seems a sensible solution to me... ;-) > > PS: Just to be clear - Apple, Inc., won - Apple Corps lost. To be ev...

Web resources about - Apple in good company! - comp.sys.mac.system

Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A company is an association or collection of individuals, whether natural persons , legal persons , or a mixture of both. Company members share ...

FastCompany.com - Where ideas and people meet - Fast Company
Fast Company is the world's leading progressive business media brand, with a unique editorial focus on innovation in technology, ethonomics (ethical ...

Search Marketing Services - Search Engine Marketing Company - Vertical Leap
For ten years Vertical Leap has led the way with fully inclusive search marketing campaigns, bringing customers reach, results and return

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

Time Inc. Vet Philip Elmer-Dewitt Departs Company
Philip Elmer-Dewitt is moving on from Fortune after nine years to start his own venture. According to Re/code , Elmer-Dewitt, who penned a column ...

China Plans First Commercial Rocket-Launch Company, Xinhua Says
Bloomberg China Plans First Commercial Rocket-Launch Company, Xinhua Says Bloomberg China plans to set up a commercial rocket-launch company ...

Your cable company is about to get some serious competition from Sony's PlayStation 4
Your cable company is about to get some competition. PlayStation Vue, Sony's live, online streaming TV service that it introduced in only a ...

Indian Aluminium Company To Invest $100 Million In Renewable Energy
Another government-owned company in India has announced grand plans to increase investment in the renewable energy sector. Following a government ...

Chinese company to resume work on Sri Lankan port city
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) — A Chinese company says it will resume construction work on a $1.5 billion port city project that was suspended for ...

Court Reminds Us All: You Have No Right To Sue Your Phone Company
If you don’t like your wireless company’s service, or your current rate plan, you’re free to change providers. But if you think your wireless ...