Command-line/Applescript printer creation - name of HP printer drivers/PPDs?

I'm trying to script adding a printer but am have trouble finding the PPD.
A sample script references the ppd file as "laserjet.ppd" but it appears
that HP's PPDs are all named "printer_model.gz". The script is completing
but the new printer doesn't have the correct driver if I use "printer.gz".
Any suggestions? Are the .gz files the new format for printer PPDs?

Thanks.
0
lnl (7)

A bit late...

["Followup-To:" alt.comp.lang.applescript]
L wrote at 2005-08-25 in <news:Xns96BCF388362C5lnllnllnllnlorginval@216.196.97.131>
> I'm trying to script adding a printer but am have trouble finding the PPD.
> A sample script references the ppd file as "laserjet.ppd" but it appears
> that HP's PPDs are all named "printer_model.gz".

Simply copy the PPD in question to another place and uncompress it there
(using gunzip via 'do shell script' or via a simple 'open' call).

> Are the .gz files the new format for printer PPDs?

Nope. But since PPDs are plain text they can be compressed at a high ratio
and therefore Apple decided to store them compressed.

Regards,

Thomas