Font Book 2.0 says all fonts corrupt

I installed Tiger a couple of weeks ago. Eventually after doing a bunc
of other setup, I noticed that only a few fonts were available to apps
even to the Finder, though I'd installed not only the default ones bu
the extra font package. Looking in the main Fonts folde
(/system/library/fonts) there were 103 fonts, soI tried to install som
of them via Font Book, but all fail with "Serious problems were found
Do not use this font." Then when I used the Font Book validatio
feature to check the ones already installed, they all failed at th
same level. In all cases, the offending or failing attribute wa
"System Validation" failed. I downloaded the developer pdf from Appl
on fonts in Tiger, and there isn't a word in there about this error.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Jo

--
vicjo
vicjoe's Profile: http://www.macosx.com/forums/member.php?userid=4122

I'm having the exact same problem. Very strange. I was wondering wh
things weren't looking quite correct

--
rhale

Ryan Hale
-iMac DV+ 450MHz; Mac OS X "Tiger" 10.4.1
rhale1's Profile: http://www.macosx.com/forums/member.php?userid=212
View this thread: http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25040
macosx.com - The Answer to Mac Support - http://www.macosx.co

What have you done to cope with it? So far logging in to another accoun
and back into my usual one, then turning off the Classic environment t
eliminate most duplicates, is all I've been able to figure out
Elsewhere on the Web, there have been references to this problem, bu
nobody that I could find has a real fix for it. It may well clear u
when the next Tiger update is released, let's at least hope. I've bee
reading widely on fonts in Tiger and such, and find the informatio
sometimes contadictory. One of the most comprehensive is from Extensi
(though they also promote their font management utilities, there i
good generic information on font management), a
dl.extensis.com/downloads/SC/EN/P/Fonts_Best_Practices_in_OSX.pd