get rid of warning

After I download some software from a place like macupdate, I install it
and then I try it out.  But first I get a warning:

"such and such app" was downloaded from the internet are you sure you
want to open it?

Yes, I *know* I downloaded it from the internet.  I chose to.  And yes,
I *do* want to open it � that's why I double clicked it!

Is there a place where I can choose to not have those warnings?

(iMac, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 10.5.7)
--
Michael Fogler
http://MichaelFogler.com

In article <guitarist-6DC91C.08070308072009@netnews.insightbb.com>,
 Michael Fogler <guitarist@michaelfogler.com> wrote:

> "such and such app" was downloaded from the internet are you sure you
> want to open it?
>
> Yes, I *know* I downloaded it from the internet.  I chose to.  And
> yes, I *do* want to open it � that's why I double clicked it!

And some day, something will be downloaded without your knowledge or
intent, and that something will be or contain malware.

--
Member National Rifle Association
Member American Civil Liberties Union
On 2009-07-08, Michael Fogler <guitarist@michaelfogler.com> wrote:

> After I download some software from a place like macupdate, I install
> it and then I try it out.  But first I get a warning:
>
> "such and such app" was downloaded from the internet are you sure you
> want to open it?
>
> Yes, I *know* I downloaded it from the internet.  I chose to.  And
> yes, I *do* want to open it � that's why I double clicked it!
>
> Is there a place where I can choose to not have those warnings?

Not as far as I know, but when I Googled for it the first hit was a
script you can attach as a folder action to your Downloads directory
that automagically strips the quarantine attribute from files and
folders.

For basic information about file quarantine in Mac OS X 10.5 see:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3662

I think it is a good idea (like Perl's taint mode) and certainly don't
find it annoying, but if it really frosts your shorts then there are
ways to disable it. Google is your friend.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/
In article <guitarist-6DC91C.08070308072009@netnews.insightbb.com>,
 Michael Fogler <guitarist@michaelfogler.com> wrote:

> After I download some software from a place like macupdate, I install it
> and then I try it out.  But first I get a warning:
>
> "such and such app" was downloaded from the internet are you sure you
> want to open it?
>
> Yes, I *know* I downloaded it from the internet.  I chose to.  And yes,
> I *do* want to open it � that's why I double clicked it!
>
> Is there a place where I can choose to not have those warnings?
>
> (iMac, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 10.5.7)

If a malicious web site you happen to visit one day manages to
automatically download a malicious executable to your Downloads folder
with an inconspicuous name, and you happen to double-click it with this
feature disabled, you will have no chance to prevent whatever payload it
holds from being delivered to your system. Do you use an administrator
account as your normal, day-to-day Mac OS X account? If so, the
consequences could be even worse, since your account has access to
modify otherwise protected system files. I advise you *not* to disable
this safety feature.

JR
0
jollyroger (11010)
7/8/2009 1:15:14 PM
On Jul 8, 8:07=C2=A0am, Michael Fogler <guitar...@michaelfogler.com> wrote:
> After I download some software from a place like macupdate, I install it
> and then I try it out. =C2=A0But first I get a warning:
>
> "such and such app" was downloaded from the internet are you sure you
> want to open it?
>
> Yes, I *know* I downloaded it from the internet. =C2=A0I chose to. =C2=A0=
And yes,
> I *do* want to open it =E2=80=B9 that's why I double clicked it!
>
> Is there a place where I can choose to not have those warnings?
>
> (iMac, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 10.5.7)
> --
> Michael Foglerhttp://MichaelFogler.com

Try this:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=3D20071029151619619

I like to have the warnings myself, but I can understand not wanting
them.

Nick
--
Nick McKinney
http://www.ndmckinney.net/

On 2009-07-08 08:07:03 -0400, Michael Fogler
<guitarist@michaelfogler.com> said:

> After I download some software from a place like macupdate, I install it
> and then I try it out.  But first I get a warning:
>
> "such and such app" was downloaded from the internet are you sure you
> want to open it?
>
> Yes, I *know* I downloaded it from the internet.  I chose to.  And yes,
> I *do* want to open it � that's why I double clicked it!
>
> Is there a place where I can choose to not have those warnings?
>
> (iMac, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 10.5.7)

If you run it once from an administrator account, there shouldn't be
any more warnings.

0
Malcolm

How to get rid of "hex/oct constants > sys.maxint" warning?
I'm getting tired of seeing meaningless warnings from my code, but I can't figure out how to get rid of them: For example: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80,s) causes FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up Firstly, I have no idea what that error means in this context. 0xc0047a80 isn't intended to be an integer (either positive or negative): it's just a chunk of 32 bits. Googling the newsgroup came up with the suggestion that putting an "L" on the end of the constant would eliminate the warning, but it causes an error: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80L,s) causes OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int So, that doesn't work. How _do_ I get rid of the warning? Is there a way to tell Python that the constant isn't an integer, it's just a bit pattern? -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Mr and Mrs PED, can at I borrow 26.7 visi.com On 11 Aug 2004, Grant Edwards wrote: > How _do_ I get rid of the warning? Is there a way to tell > Python that the constant isn't an integer, it's just a bit > pattern? The best way is to tell Python to silence the warning: >>> 0xc0047a80 FutureWarning >>> import warnings >>> warnings.simplefilter('ignore',FutureWarning) >>> 0xc0047a80 -1073448320 fcntl() do...

Getting rid of warnings
Hello all, I usually try to get my code clean enough so that no warnings remain at compile time. So I'm annoyed by the 2 following warnings which I can't get rid of. Suggestions (in the form of code rewrite or #pragma) are welcome. Exemple 1: #define MAX_TRACES 100 int NbTraces=0; // Set somewhere else in the program void F(void) { int i, Idx[MAX_TRACES]; for (j=0; j<MAX_TRACES; j++) Idx[j]=0; // Doesn't change anything for (j=0; j<MAX_TRACES; j++) GetSomething(&Idx[j]); for (j=0; j<NbTraces; j++) i = Idx[j]; } The last line gives me: Warning: Local 'Idx' might not have been fully initialized. Obviously NbTraces<MAX_TRACES and anyway I fill up the Idx array with 0, so what is it complaining about ? Example 2: #define ADD(Frmt) { \ if (NULL==strchr(Frmt, '%')) sprintf(DimName, "%s/" Frmt, Server.Name);\ else sprintf(DimName, "%s/" Frmt, Server.Name, Port); ADD("Something"); ADD("SomePort%d"); The first add gives me: DimPpcServer.c:1126: warning: too many arguments for format And the 2nd one: DimPpcServer.c:1130: warning: too few arguments for format I understand the reason (the expansion of "%s/Something" on the 2nd line of the macro has an extra argument). Thanks -- Guillaume Dargaud http://www.gdargaud.net/ On 2012-03-05, Guillaume Dargaud <use_the_contact_form@www.gdargaud.net> wrote: > Hello all, > I usually try to get my code c...

How do I get rid of this warning?
Patterned after the solution suggested in the perlmodlib man page, I wrote the following code: ==================== This is file b.pm #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; package b; sub f { print "BBBBBBBB @_\n"; } eval join('', <main::DATA>) || die $@ unless caller(); 1 __END__ package main; b::f(@ARGV); ================================= When called this from the command line, say: b.pm X it works fine. But when I use it as a module, say from this context: ===================== This is file p.pl #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use b; b::f('X'); ====...

How to get rid of warnings?

Getting rid of warnings
I am trying to get rid of a few annoying warnings in my project - I have got rid of most of them but a few remain which I cant seem to get rid of. The first one is while using FD_SET/FD_CLR for adding and clearing sockets. I get the warning: warning C4127: conditional expression is constant The other one is using SetWindowLongPtr. I did have two warnings for this but managed to cast the result to get rid of one warning. I cant get rid of the last warning though. My code is: mOldWndProc = (WNDPROC)(long long)SetWindowLongPtr(mHwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, (LONG_PTR)SkinWndProc); ...

how to get mac address of my system
hai, can any one tell me or give me the source code to get the mac address of my linux machine without using the ifconfig command . i need it to be done by c programming. Thanking you, K.Rajasekhar "RajaSekhar.Kavuri" <raja.kavuri@gmail.com> wrote: >hai, > > can any one tell me or give me the source code to get the >mac address of my linux machine without using the ifconfig command . i >need it to be done by c programming. Here's a demo program which shows how to get a variety of information about an interface, including the MAC address. /* * display info about network interfaces */ #define _BSD_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stddef.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <net/if.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <net/if_arp.h> #define ifaddr(x) (*(struct in_addr *) &x->ifr_addr.sa_data[sizeof sa.sin_port]) #define IFRSIZE ((int)(size * sizeof (struct ifreq))) int main(void) { unsigned char *u; int sockfd, size = 1; struct ifreq *ifr; struct ifconf ifc; struct sockaddr_in sa; if (0 > (sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_IP))) { fprintf(stderr, "Cannot open socket.\n"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } ifc.ifc_len = IFRSIZE; ifc.ifc_...

how to get system and sys password
I installed Oracle 9i on an XP box. I changed default password for system and sys but I can't remember it at all. How can I get login w/o reinstallation? Thanks in advance. Bring up a cmd window and give the following commands in order: sqlplus /nolog connect / as sysdba alter user system identified by "new password" "H.Y." <zhou@cidde.pitt.edu> wrote in message news:c75rqb$1h0$1@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu... > I installed Oracle 9i on an XP box. I changed default password for system > and sys but I can't remember it at all. > > How can I get login w/o reinstallation? Thanks in advance. > > H.Y. wrote: > I installed Oracle 9i on an XP box. I changed default password for system > and sys but I can't remember it at all. > > How can I get login w/o reinstallation? Thanks in advance. You can't ... you can only change them. Follow Gordon's advice. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

how to get rid of warnings from required fields?
Hi, I made a form based on one table that has several required fields. If in the form, I leave some of them blank and close the form using 'X', I get 2 warning messages, 1st is "... field is required." 2nd is "if you close, the data will be lost." How can I get rid of these or, if possible, I would like to replace them with my own. I tried Form Close event, doesn't work. Anyone could help me here? Thanks in advance. ming On 13 May 2006 15:42:39 -0700, swingingming wrote: > Hi, I made a form based on one table that has several required fields. > If in the form, I leave some of them blank and close the form using > 'X', I get 2 warning messages, 1st is "... field is required." 2nd is > "if you close, the data will be lost." > How can I get rid of these or, if possible, I would like to replace > them with my own. I tried Form Close event, doesn't work. > Anyone could help me here? Thanks in advance. > ming Here's how you can find the correct error and show your own message for any of the form level errors. First code the Form's Error event: MsgBox "Error#: " & DataErr ' Display the error number Response = acDataErrDisplay ' Display Default message Then open the form and intentionally make that error. The message box will display the error number and the default error message. Next, go back to the error event and change that code to: If DataErr = XXXX...

How do you get rid of dynamic linker warning
I have just ported a large application suite to sco 5.0.7. The application suite runs fine. It's passed our many regression test. The only annoyance is when we run a program, we get the "warning": dynamic linker: prog123: warning: copy relocation size mismatch for symbol Xpcs_work_int How do you stop the dynamic linker telling me this every time I run a program? Surely there is an environment variable to tell it "I'm not interested, I know there is a coding problem, I don't want to fix it, stop telling me this." I'm using the same code on AIX, HPUX, Linux, sco (5.0.5), Mpe/ix, svr4 and nothing else complains. Regards, Ian. bagpussnz@gmail.com wrote: > I have just ported a large application suite to sco 5.0.7. > The application suite runs fine. It's passed our many regression test. > > The only annoyance is when we run a program, we get the "warning": > > dynamic linker: prog123: warning: copy relocation size mismatch for > symbol Xpcs_work_int > > How do you stop the dynamic linker telling me this every time I run a > program? Surely there is an environment variable to tell it > "I'm not interested, I know there is a coding problem, I don't want to > fix it, stop telling me this." There's no way to tell the dynamic linker to stop issuing this warning. Because, it really could be a coding problem. It's saying that your top-level application binary (the &quo...

Get rid of unused parameter warning?
I have an abstract base class which defines an interface to a function which takes 3 arguments. From that ABC I define a set of derived classes which implements the base class' interface. The thing is, some derived classes don't use some of the parameters, which causes the compiler to throw warnings. As I'm not using those parameters intentionally, those warnings tend to be a bit annoying. So, does anyone happen to know a good standard way to get the compiler to stop warning about those specific instances where a parameter isn't used? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel On Sep 25, 3:08=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an abstract base class which defines an interface to a function wh= ich takes 3 arguments. =A0 > From that ABC I define a set of derived classes which implements the base= class' interface. =A0The > thing is, some derived classes don't use some of the parameters, which ca= uses the compiler to throw > warnings. =A0As I'm not using those parameters intentionally, those warni= ngs tend to be a bit > annoying. > > So, does anyone happen to know a good standard way to get the compiler to= stop warning about those > specific instances where a parameter isn't used? One way is not to name the parameters, give only type: int foo( int ) { return 0; } For me it is fine. The downside that some claim it not documenting the intention well ...

How to get rid of obsolete function warning
Hi all, Since I'm using randint function I receive: Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the future. Please use RANDI instead. To disable this warning, type warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint'); but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');" How can I get rid of that warning permanently? Elnaz "Elnaz " <ebsadeghian@gmail.com> wrote in message <kjvlb2$6op$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > Since I'm using randint function I receive: > Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the > future. > Please use RANDI instead. > To disable this warning, type > warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint'); > but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');" > How can I get rid of that warning permanently? > > Elnaz Why not just switch to randi? It won't be long before randint does disappear, and then you will need to do so anyway. John On 4/8/2013 6:54 PM, Elnaz wrote: > Hi all, > Since I'm using randint function I receive: > Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the > future. > Please use RANDI instead. > To disable this warning, type > warning('off','comm:obsolete:r...

XPATH
Hello, I have an Xpath expression: //foo[translate(text(),"ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ","abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz")="'bla'"] Here i check if i can find bla in a foo tag - and its case insensitive. If i use this expression I get warnings (failures?): Unrecognized escape \Q passed through at (eval 4) line 1. Unrecognized escape \E passed through at (eval 4) line 1. Unrecognized escape \Q passed through at (eval 4) line 1. Unrecognized escape \E passed through at (eval 4) line 1. and I dont know what they mean? if i check without the case sensitive tes...

Getting rid of unwanted printer or system fonts
I have a new drive & installation of Windows 2000 and an HP 1320 printer which uses both PostScript and PCL. There are two annoying font problems, and I'm not sure what I can do about them. 1.) HP resident printer fonts are showing up in some programs (for example, MS Word) with the little beehive symbol next to them. I think they're TrueType, though that symbol is normally for PostScript fonts. Anyway, if I ever use any fonts with these names, I want the control of using my own soft font versions. Also, if I install a soft version the way things are now, some programs list the font name twice, and of course I can't tell which is which. Can anyone tell me how to banish these printer fonts? 2.) A couple of the necessary system fonts are listed 5 ways in my programs -- for example, Arial, Arial CE, Arial CYR, Arial Greek, Arial TUR. Is there a way to get rid of the foreign language references in program font lists? Many thanks. ...

How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset
Hey, guys, I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is defined. And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . Many thanks. libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; proc datasets; copy in=temp out=t2path; select try; quit; Mindy ...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset
Mindy, Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than single quotes (') in the libname statements? Art ------ On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hey, guys, > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >defined. >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >Many thanks. > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > >proc datasets; > copy in=temp out=t2path; > select try; >quit; >Mindy On Oct 1, 11:32 am, art...@NETSCAPE.NET (Arthur Tabachneck) wrote: > Mindy, > > Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than > single quotes (') in the libname statements? > > Art > ------ > > > > On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_...@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > >Hey, guys, > > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: > >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such > >message when library is not specified. But in my case, ...

How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #2
Hey, guys, I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is defined. And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . Many thanks. libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; proc datasets; copy in=temp out=t2path; select try; quit; Mindy ...

[fourier] getting rid of irritating font-encoding-changes warnings
When using the `fourier' package, one gets the warnings (harmless, they tell me) about font-encoding changes following at the end of my post. How can I get LaTeX not to mention them anymore? They take up valuable screen real-estate in the "Log & Messages"-window of my editor (Kile). TIA, Erik The warnings I spoke of: /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:50: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version `normal' on input line 50. Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version `normal' /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:50: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version `bold' on input line 50. Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version `bold' /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:59: Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters' in the math version `normal' on input line 59. Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters' in the math version `normal' /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:59: Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters' in the math version `bold' on input line 59. Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #3
On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hey, guys, > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >defined. >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >Many thanks. > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > >proc datasets; > copy in=temp out=t2path; > select try; >quit; >Mindy Try removing IN=TEMP from the COPY statement and instead code LIBRARY=TEMP in the PROC statement. It actually seems to work either way, but using 9.1.3 I do see that spurious warning. libname temp 'c:\temp\a'; libname t2path 'c:\temp\aa'; data temp.try; run; proc datasets; copy in=temp out=t2path; select try; quit; proc datasets library=temp; copy out=t2path; select try; quit; ...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #2
Mindy, Your code works, on my system, as originally written. Thus, two more questions: (1) does try exist in libname temp? and (2) is try a SAS dataset of the same version as the version of SAS you a running? Art ------- On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:43:44 -0000, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >On Oct 1, 11:32 am, art...@NETSCAPE.NET (Arthur Tabachneck) wrote: >> Mindy, >> >> Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than >> single quotes (') in the libname statements? >> >> Art >> ------ >> >> >> >> On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_...@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >> >Hey, guys, >> >> >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >> >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >> >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >> >defined. >> >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >> >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >> >Many thanks. >> >> >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >> >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; >> >> >proc datasets; >> > copy in=temp out=t2path; >> > select try; >> >quit; &g...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #4
Coding NOLIST also works. 52 proc datasets nolist; 53 copy in=temp out=t2path; 54 select try; 55 quit; NOTE: Copying TEMP.TRY to T2PATH.TRY (memtype=DATA). NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set TEMP.TRY. NOTE: The data set T2PATH.TRY has 1 observations and 0 variables. NOTE: PROCEDURE DATASETS used (Total process time): real time 0.01 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds I think RROC DATASET is try applying the SELECT to the list of library members it prints by default. With no LIBRARY= option it defaults to WORK, but TRY does not exist. I had to see your example to understand the question. On 10/2/07, Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> <nospam@howles.com> wrote: > On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > > >Hey, guys, > > > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: > >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such > >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is > >defined. > >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any > >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . > >Many thanks. > > > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; > >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > > > &g...

Getting rid of "the SAS System" output text
The titiel "the SAS System" appears about each one of my output tables. How would I remove that? ...

Mac Mail forwarding: How to get rid of multiple quote lines?
I get a lot of mail which has been forwarded from person-to-person, containing those vertical lines in the left column indicating that is is quoted forwarded material. Some of the messages contain 8-10 of these lines. When I want to forward this material to others, I'd like to remove the vertical lines. I've discovered that keting Cmd-A followed by multiple keying of Cmd-Opt-left arrow will get rid of some of the lines, but not all. Does anyone know of a way I can get rid of all the vertical lines in mail I am forwarding? In article <4edf54e4$0$9784$c3e8da3$1cbc7475@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I get a lot of mail which has been forwarded from person-to-person, > containing those vertical lines in the left column indicating that is > is quoted forwarded material. Some of the messages contain 8-10 of > these lines. > > When I want to forward this material to others, I'd like to remove the > vertical lines. I've discovered that keting Cmd-A followed by multiple > keying of Cmd-Opt-left arrow will get rid of some of the lines, but not > all. > > Does anyone know of a way I can get rid of all the vertical lines in > mail I am forwarding? Just stop forwarding silly chain mails to others. Problem solved. -- Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me. E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM filter. Due to Google'...

Re: Getting rid of "the SAS System" output text
title; --> Removes all previously assigned titles, including the SAS default. On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:49 AM, aj <alan.weiner@wdc.usda.gov> wrote: > The titiel "the SAS System" appears about each one of my output > tables. How would I remove that? > -- AkshayA! ...

empty variables
I have perl code which should do some action only if: - the variable does not begin with "#" (commented out), - the variable is not empty use strict; use warnings; my @array = ("# Comment", "/usr/bin/binary --test", ""); foreach my $var (@array) { my @execargs = split(/#/, $var); if ( $execargs[0] ne '' ) { print "$var 0: |$execargs[0]|\n" } } Unfortunately, it shows uninitialized value warnings for the empty variable (""): $ perl test.pl /usr/bin/binary --test 0: |/usr/bin/binary --test| Use of uninitia...

Web resources about - get rid of warning - comp.sys.mac.system

Ballistic Missile Early Warning System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Site I- A United States Air Force facility at Thule Air Base , Greenland , ( 76°34′08″N 68°19′05″W  /  76.569°N 68.318°W  / 76.569; -68.318 ...

WARNING: Zeus Trojan Using Facebook Login Pages As Bait To Target Credit-Card Info
The Zeus Trojan is on the prowl again, hungry for credit-card information and other personal data, and Facebook is being used as the bait. continued… ...

'Jobs will go': Outgoing ABC boss Mark Scott's dire warning to Malcolm Turnbull
The outgoing head of the ABC says there will be "significant job losses" if Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull fails to continue nearly $90 million ...

WA weather: Flood warnings and storms for Midwest Gascoyne region
PARTS of WA are bracing for a very wet Easter, with flood warnings and thunderstorms issued for parts of the Perth metropolitan area and across ...

WA weather: Flood warnings and storms for Midwest Gascoyne region - PerthNow Search Search
PARTS of WA are bracing for a very wet Easter, with flood warnings and thunderstorms issued for parts of the Perth metropolitan area and across ...

Perth weather: large parts of WA, including city, get warning for heavy rain
Residents of the Perth metropolitan area, along with the South West, Lower South West, Great Southern, Goldfields Midlands and Midwest Gascoyne ...

Perth weather: large parts of WA, including city, get warning for heavy rain
Residents of the Perth metropolitan area, along with the South West, Lower South West, Great Southern, Goldfields Midlands and Midwest Gascoyne ...

Gmail adds Safe Browsing warnings for nefarious links, state-sponsored attacks, more
Gmail introduced a feature last month that warns users before sending and receiving emails from insecure addresses. Today, it’s announcing a ...

Gmail beefs up security through warnings
... of these to get an upgrade is Gmail, which now has improved in-email link protection.The security enhancement take the form of a new warning ...

Warning: Anyone can access sensitive info on your iPhone without even unlocking it
Apple refused to unlock the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone for the FBI, but the Bureau might be interested to learn that there's some seriously ...