How do I get rid of these

Running 10.6.7.  On my top finder window, about one third of the items
under places are dead and will not highlight.  The only thing that I can
do with them is move them with a click and drag.  The trash will not
highlight if I drag them to it.  How do I get rid of them?

--
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
becomes a revolutionary act.

In article <1k3dq33.9bugvdrbzil6N%pf@porkain'tkosher.oink>,
 pf@porkain'tkosher.oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote:

> Running 10.6.7.  On my top finder window, about one third of the items
> under places are dead and will not highlight.  The only thing that I can
> do with them is move them with a click and drag.  The trash will not
> highlight if I drag them to it.  How do I get rid of them?

Just a shot in the dark here...

From the finder go into finder preferences, then click on the sidebar
tab at the top. Maybe you can sort things out from there.

Let us know what happens.. good luck!

Erik
0
spam323 (33)
6/25/2011 2:27:15 AM
In article <1k3dq33.9bugvdrbzil6N%pf@porkain'tkosher.oink>,
 pf@porkain'tkosher.oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote:

> Running 10.6.7.  On my top finder window, about one third of the items
> under places are dead and will not highlight.  The only thing that I can
> do with them is move them with a click and drag.  The trash will not
> highlight if I drag them to it.  How do I get rid of them?

Just like removing something from the Dock:  Drag it off the sidebar and drop it
on the desktop or in a Finder window.  It'll disappear in a puff of smoke.
0
wayne.morris (951)
6/25/2011 2:29:55 AM
On 2011-06-24 22:29:55 -0400, Wayne C. Morris said:

> In article <1k3dq33.9bugvdrbzil6N%pf@porkain'tkosher.oink>,
>  pf@porkain'tkosher.oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote:
>
>> Running 10.6.7.  On my top finder window, about one third of the items
>> under places are dead and will not highlight.  The only thing that I can
>> do with them is move them with a click and drag.  The trash will not
>> highlight if I drag them to it.  How do I get rid of them?
>

> Just like removing something from the Dock:  Drag it off the sidebar
> and drop it
> on the desktop or in a Finder window.  It'll disappear in a puff of smoke.

That does't work since 10.6.7
You now have to right-click then use "Remove from Sidebar".

0
Malcolm
6/25/2011 4:41:07 AM
Malcolm <malcolm@invalid> wrote:

> On 2011-06-24 22:29:55 -0400, Wayne C. Morris said:
>
> > In article <1k3dq33.9bugvdrbzil6N%pf@porkain'tkosher.oink>,
> >  pf@porkain'tkosher.oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote:
> >
> >> Running 10.6.7.  On my top finder window, about one third of the items
> >> under places are dead and will not highlight.  The only thing that I can
> >> do with them is move them with a click and drag.  The trash will not
> >> highlight if I drag them to it.  How do I get rid of them?
> >

> > Just like removing something from the Dock:  Drag it off the sidebar
> > and drop it
> > on the desktop or in a Finder window.  It'll disappear in a puff of smoke.
>
> That does't work since 10.6.7
> You now have to right-click then use "Remove from Sidebar".

Or hold down the Command key while dragging them off the sidebar.

--
David Empson
dempson@actrix.gen.nz
In article <1k3dq33.9bugvdrbzil6N%pf@porkain'tkosher.oink>,
 pf@porkain'tkosher.oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote:

> Running 10.6.7.  On my top finder window, about one third of the items
> under places are dead and will not highlight.  The only thing that I can
> do with them is move them with a click and drag.  The trash will not
> highlight if I drag them to it.  How do I get rid of them?

Because I do not have this trouble, I cannot really investigate.

Have you tried to look at the files' information windows, command-I? It
might be that some boxes or permissions are wrong.

--

Sam

Liberals are for Darwinism but totally against any selection.
0
SalmonEgg (705)
6/25/2011 8:04:13 PM
David Empson <dempson@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> Malcolm <malcolm@invalid> wrote:
>
> > On 2011-06-24 22:29:55 -0400, Wayne C. Morris said:

> > > Just like removing something from the Dock:  Drag it off the sidebar
> > > and drop it
> > > on the desktop or in a Finder window.  It'll disappear in a puff of smoke.
> >
> > That does't work since 10.6.7
> > You now have to right-click then use "Remove from Sidebar".
>
> Or hold down the Command key while dragging them off the sidebar.

Thanks David.  As usual, you hit the nail on the head dead center :-)
--
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
becomes a revolutionary act.
George Orwell
0
pf

how to get mac address of my system
hai, can any one tell me or give me the source code to get the mac address of my linux machine without using the ifconfig command . i need it to be done by c programming. Thanking you, K.Rajasekhar "RajaSekhar.Kavuri" <raja.kavuri@gmail.com> wrote: >hai, > > can any one tell me or give me the source code to get the >mac address of my linux machine without using the ifconfig command . i >need it to be done by c programming. Here's a demo program which shows how to get a variety of information about an interface, including the MAC address. /* * display info about network interfaces */ #define _BSD_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stddef.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <net/if.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <net/if_arp.h> #define ifaddr(x) (*(struct in_addr *) &x->ifr_addr.sa_data[sizeof sa.sin_port]) #define IFRSIZE ((int)(size * sizeof (struct ifreq))) int main(void) { unsigned char *u; int sockfd, size = 1; struct ifreq *ifr; struct ifconf ifc; struct sockaddr_in sa; if (0 > (sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_IP))) { fprintf(stderr, "Cannot open socket.\n"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } ifc.ifc_len = IFRSIZE; ifc.ifc_...

how to get system and sys password
I installed Oracle 9i on an XP box. I changed default password for system and sys but I can't remember it at all. How can I get login w/o reinstallation? Thanks in advance. Bring up a cmd window and give the following commands in order: sqlplus /nolog connect / as sysdba alter user system identified by "new password" "H.Y." <zhou@cidde.pitt.edu> wrote in message news:c75rqb$1h0$1@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu... > I installed Oracle 9i on an XP box. I changed default password for system > and sys but I can't remember it at all. > > How can I get login w/o reinstallation? Thanks in advance. > > H.Y. wrote: > I installed Oracle 9i on an XP box. I changed default password for system > and sys but I can't remember it at all. > > How can I get login w/o reinstallation? Thanks in advance. You can't ... you can only change them. Follow Gordon's advice. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

Getting rid of unwanted printer or system fonts
I have a new drive & installation of Windows 2000 and an HP 1320 printer which uses both PostScript and PCL. There are two annoying font problems, and I'm not sure what I can do about them. 1.) HP resident printer fonts are showing up in some programs (for example, MS Word) with the little beehive symbol next to them. I think they're TrueType, though that symbol is normally for PostScript fonts. Anyway, if I ever use any fonts with these names, I want the control of using my own soft font versions. Also, if I install a soft version the way things are now, some programs list the font name twice, and of course I can't tell which is which. Can anyone tell me how to banish these printer fonts? 2.) A couple of the necessary system fonts are listed 5 ways in my programs -- for example, Arial, Arial CE, Arial CYR, Arial Greek, Arial TUR. Is there a way to get rid of the foreign language references in program font lists? Many thanks. ...

Getting rid of "the SAS System" output text
The titiel "the SAS System" appears about each one of my output tables. How would I remove that? ...

Mac Mail forwarding: How to get rid of multiple quote lines?
I get a lot of mail which has been forwarded from person-to-person, containing those vertical lines in the left column indicating that is is quoted forwarded material. Some of the messages contain 8-10 of these lines. When I want to forward this material to others, I'd like to remove the vertical lines. I've discovered that keting Cmd-A followed by multiple keying of Cmd-Opt-left arrow will get rid of some of the lines, but not all. Does anyone know of a way I can get rid of all the vertical lines in mail I am forwarding? In article <4edf54e4$0$9784$c3e8da3$1cbc7475@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I get a lot of mail which has been forwarded from person-to-person, > containing those vertical lines in the left column indicating that is > is quoted forwarded material. Some of the messages contain 8-10 of > these lines. > > When I want to forward this material to others, I'd like to remove the > vertical lines. I've discovered that keting Cmd-A followed by multiple > keying of Cmd-Opt-left arrow will get rid of some of the lines, but not > all. > > Does anyone know of a way I can get rid of all the vertical lines in > mail I am forwarding? Just stop forwarding silly chain mails to others. Problem solved. -- Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me. E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM filter. Due to Google'...

Re: Getting rid of "the SAS System" output text
title; --> Removes all previously assigned titles, including the SAS default. On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:49 AM, aj <alan.weiner@wdc.usda.gov> wrote: > The titiel "the SAS System" appears about each one of my output > tables. How would I remove that? > -- AkshayA! ...

How to get rid of "hex/oct constants > sys.maxint" warning?
I'm getting tired of seeing meaningless warnings from my code, but I can't figure out how to get rid of them: For example: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80,s) causes FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up Firstly, I have no idea what that error means in this context. 0xc0047a80 isn't intended to be an integer (either positive or negative): it's just a chunk of 32 bits. Googling the newsgroup came up with the suggestion that putting an "L" on the end of the constant would eliminate the warning, but it causes an error: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80L,s) causes OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int So, that doesn't work. How _do_ I get rid of the warning? Is there a way to tell Python that the constant isn't an integer, it's just a bit pattern? -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Mr and Mrs PED, can at I borrow 26.7 visi.com On 11 Aug 2004, Grant Edwards wrote: > How _do_ I get rid of the warning? Is there a way to tell > Python that the constant isn't an integer, it's just a bit > pattern? The best way is to tell Python to silence the warning: >>> 0xc0047a80 FutureWarning >>> import warnings >>> warnings.simplefilter('ignore',FutureWarning) >>> 0xc0047a80 -1073448320 fcntl() do...

How to get rid of "Please select the operating system to start", conflicts with Drive Image
My computer has one 80 gig hard drive, with 2 partitions. The C:\ drive has 10 gigs and has the operating system on it (Windows XP Pro), and the rest of the drive's space is on D:/ My computer began having errors a few weeks ago, so I contacted the guy who I bought the computer from, to fix it. He reinstalled Windows, and all seemed to go well. But it turns out that he simply installed a 2nd copy of Windows on drive D:\ and also left the original install of Windows with the errors on it on drive C:\ So I contacted a friend who knows computers and told him the situation, and...

Looking for used MAC system to learn MACs
Hello, I am looking for recommendations for a used MAC system that I can use to learn MACs. I have used Unix and Linux for the past 20 years, but I'd like to understand a little more about how they work. I have been looking at some used G4 and G5 systems, but not sure if these will be lame ducks. I would like to kick around at the prompt level to see how different it is from a normal Unix system , but I'd like to learn some of the apps and gui stuff too so I don't look like an idiot to friends. Any recommendations or help is welcomed. Thanks. Snoopy. In article <de47faa0-31c3-4c8f-b428-58cac4c0b3d6@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, <"snoopy_@excite.com"> wrote: > Hello, > I am looking for recommendations for a used MAC system that I can > use to learn MACs. I have used Unix and Linux for the past 20 years, > but I'd like to understand a little more about how they work. I have > been looking at some used G4 and G5 systems, but not sure if these > will be lame ducks. I would like to kick around at the prompt level > to see how different it is from a normal Unix system , but I'd like to > learn some of the apps and gui stuff too so I don't look like an idiot > to friends. Any recommendations or help is welcomed. Thanks. i'd suggest a refurbished intel based mac mini to get your feet wet. apple has them from time to time for as little as $400ish. despite nearly all software being univer...

Is there a way/system call to get system uptime?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask such a question, but I really would like to know if there exits a system call in *nixes that returns time clocks since system startup. On Windows, I simply call GetTickCount() and it returns the total ms since system startup. Any information will be appreicated. Thanks. neo_in_matrix@msn.com (Neo) writes: > I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask such a question, but I > really would like to know if there exits a system call in *nixes that > returns time clocks since system startup. On Windows, I simply call > GetTickCount() and it returns the total ms since system startup. On Linux, you could read the /proc/uptime file. I don't know about a system call, or other Unixes, though. -- Michael J. Korman <mike@taequin.org> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:36:28 +0000, Michael J. Korman wrote: > On Linux, you could read the /proc/uptime file. Yep, that's also how the 'uptime' command does it. It's so easy, being able to browse through the code ;-) Sybren -- The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself? ...

Can I get a system dump when the system is hanging
The system is hanging. All the screens are frozen. Cannot run any commands, can ping the host, but cannot telnet. Have to reset to recover. In a situation like this, how can I get a system dump? Many thanks! "RR" <ruanruijuan@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:616d4565.0401290630.ed9cb28@posting.google.com... > The system is hanging. All the screens are frozen. Cannot run any > commands, can ping the host, but cannot telnet. Have to reset to > recover. In a situation like this, how can I get a system dump? Many > thanks! "the system is hanging" - what system?.... Depending on your IBM AIX server hardware you could turn the system key to service mode and then press the reset button. RR <ruanruijuan@hotmail.com> wrote: R> The system is hanging. All the screens are frozen. Cannot run any R> commands, can ping the host, but cannot telnet. Have to reset to R> recover. In a situation like this, how can I get a system dump? Many R> thanks! First make sure the dump device is configured correctly. In particular make sure sysdumpdev -L (iirc) shows "Always allow dump" set to true. Then when the system hangs, just force a dump according to your machine's manual. If you don't have a manual, post the model number and someone might respond with the procedure. Regards, Nicholas -- http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html 3.1.1 General Guidelines for mailing lists and NetNews 3.1.3 NetNews Guideli...

Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page
Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or opening existing ones using that page. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater <evancater@gmail.com> wrote: That page does not show up for me when I close my app using DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by Access. You may mean at startup time. If so, just provide a shortcut to your application: access will load and immediately open your app, bypassing this page. Users would still be able to navigate back to it if they really wanted, but perhaps out of sight is out of mind. -Tom. >Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started >with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using >DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I >need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or >opening existing ones using that page. > >Thanks! Are you using Access 2007? I am already using a shortcut to open the app (in fact, I have to because I'm using an mdw file) and I don't see that page until the user closes Access with DoCmd.Quit. However, when I use the X button in the upper right corner, the "getting started" page doesn&#...

Get MAC
The bridge is connected to my router's internet port, and my computer is connect to the router's local port. I want to get my bridge's MAC address, but I can't! Someone please help me! Thanks! In article <1112259177.015931.109040@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, <xstanley007@yahoo.com> wrote: :The bridge is connected to my router's internet port, and my computer :is connect to the router's local port. I want to get my bridge's MAC :address, but I can't! Someone please help me! Thanks! You don't tell us what your router is. If your router has ap...

how to get rid of this
I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago. I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still have the same Internet service. I used to have DSL. I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation. About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and configuartion. A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr Network Password" with the folling info: Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com User name: ****@sbcglobal.net Password: I can't closed this window not cancel. What do I need to do? I believe all my posrts inclduing smtp is blocked properly. Thanks. heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com (curious) wrote in news:ca3e516b.0402221022.622d9b61@posting.google.com: > I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago. > > I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still > have the same Internet service. > > I used to have DSL. > > I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL > before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from > running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation. > > About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and > configuartion. > > A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr > Network Password" with ...

Why did you get a Mac
I am curious why those people in here who do own Mac have Macs. Some reasons that might exist: * the color * the logo * Mac community * they liked the genie effect * they are paid by Microsoft to make Mac people look bad * they had to get a Mac to learn the Mac for business reasons * they were following the "crowd" around them and my reason: * the fact that there was no comparable tool that was less expensive -- See responses to flames news://alt.flame.macintosh ----- List of people who have agreed to treat each other with honor http://myweb.cableone.net/snit/csma/ Snit wrote: > I am curious why those people in here who do own Mac have Macs. > > Some reasons that might exist: > > * the color > * the logo > * Mac community > * they liked the genie effect > * they are paid by Microsoft to make Mac people look bad > * they had to get a Mac to learn the Mac for business reasons > * they were following the "crowd" around them > > and my reason: > > * the fact that there was no comparable tool that was less expensive > My main reason was all the viruses and worms that attack windows. I don't want to spend money for Nortons, spybot and adaware every year just to stay relatively safe. Even then the PC still got infected between updates. I won't put my real assets in danger by an o/s that can't do it right. "GreyCloud" <mist@cumulus.com> wrote in CdSdnY...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Why get a Mac
Why get a Mac when you can get a program that will run ten times as much software for one half the price? What can you do with your OS X that I can't do as well or better with my XP? Why pay more to get less? In article <10l1hfm6qpsn98@corp.supernews.com>, "Measles" <red@dot.net> wrote: Many people here already think I'm nuts for replying to people like this, but hey, why not... That, said - assuming you're seriously asking... > Why get a Mac when you can get a program that will run ten times as much > software for one half the price? Assuming program means something like computer... Why exactly would I want to run 10 times as much software? If you had perhaps phrased it as having 10 times the choice in software, you might have had something... As it is, I feel I have more than adequate software available for my needs, which is why I have a Mac, it suited my needs. > What can you do with your OS X that I > can't do as well or better with my XP? Why pay more to get less? How well do you program in Cocoa? An interesting stat: an extremely informal survey shows that OSX laptops outnumber PC laptops 4-3! Linux laptops outnumber Windows laptops 2-1! A few of my friends are planning to purchase iBooks / Powerbooks in the near future as well - just been through the OS course - Unix based. They loved the ability to have Unix shells available alongside GUI and X11. Cygwin does not quite cut it. -- Rick... In...

get system
hi all Does the get system in xharbour do more than what clipper can? I want to incorporate drop downs, check boxes, memo, etc...into my gets example: .... @10,10 get paymethod drop {"Visa","M/C",...} when ... valid... .... I am able to do this in clipper 5.2e and would like to to use the mouse in xharbour but the mouse does not respond when this get object has focus, does the get system in xharbour have these bonus things built-in? I can provide the drops.prg and .ch if anyone would like to use it, but it wouldn't make sense if i can do it in xharbour without additional work. thanks Hi > Does the get system in xharbour do more than what clipper can? > I want to incorporate drop downs, check boxes, memo, etc...into my > gets > example: xharbour has the classes from clipper 5.3 which include listboxes,pushbutton, radiobuttuns to enable mouse, add to main function set(39,159) regards Luiz ...

Getting rid of
I am playing a little bit with libturpial. I got a few warnings. Most I could get rid of, but one I still get, while I have done what is said in the reference of the warning. Example code: #!/usr/bin/env python import certifi import urllib3 import urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl from libturpial.api.core import Core urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl.inject_into_urllib3() http = urllib3.PoolManager( cert_reqs='CERT_REQUIRED', # Force certificate check. ca_certs=certifi.where(), # Path to the Certifi bundle. ) ...

Sys and System
Hi everyone, What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more powerful? If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I use to do the EXP? Regards Ujang Basically, sys owns the core database objects and system has almost every available privilege. Sys is more powerful. You should use system for full exports and imports. []=B4s ujangmz@gmail.com wrote: > Hi everyone, > > What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more > powerful? > > If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file > with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I > use to do the EXP? >=20 > Regards > Ujang marcus.rangel@gmail.com wrote: > Basically, sys owns the core database objects and system has almost > every available privilege. Sys is more powerful. You should use system > for full exports and imports. > > []=B4s > > > ujangmz@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > > > What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more > > powerful? > > > > If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file > > with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I > > use to do the EXP? > > > > Regards > > Ujang For the export any id with the export_full_da...

Mac to mac

sample code to get MAC and IP address no Mac OS X
This sample shows how to get the MAC and IP address of all network interfaces without having to use IOKit. I don't think this is portable to Linux due to some BSD specific things. I got some of the code from here: http://koders.com/c/fidE434A12145571115B48BF3CF7A450F6AF93FC109.aspx?s=SIOCGIFCONF #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/errno.h> #include <net/if.h> #include <net/if_dl.h> #include <net/ethernet.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/sysctl.h> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { char * buf = NULL; struct ifconf ifc; int socketID = 0; // we need a socket to call ioctl on socketID = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0); if (socketID == -1) { printf("error calling socket\n"); return -1; } // keep calling ioctl until we provide it a big enough buffer { int numreqs = 100; buf = (char*) malloc(sizeof(struct ifreq) * numreqs); for (;;) { ifc.ifc_len = sizeof(struct ifreq) * numreqs; ifc.ifc_buf = buf; if (ioctl(socketID, SIOCGIFCONF, &ifc) < 0) { printf("error calling ioctl: %s\n", strerror(errno)); return -1; ...

Getting files from a IIGS to a Mac OS X Mac (G5)... how can you do it?
Hi all. I am the owner of a IIGS and in macdom, a G5. Back when I had a powermac 7500/100, both the Mac and IIGS were able to read and write to the same physical floppy disks, so getting games and files outta my IIGS and over to my mac was easy. And getting games off the internet and over to my IIGS was also easy (and rather miraculous-seeming). But then Macs stopped supporting floppies. Years passed, and as far as I can see, the Mac and the IIGS are almost strangers to each other now. I've read about null modem cables, but most posts on this topic archived on the net seem to be pretty ld. I'm asking in the here and now - is there a way to use a cable or two to literally connect a G5 to a IIGS and have them swap files somehow? That's what I'd love to do. Off topic - I wrote an arcadey game for the apple 2 called Dragon, in 1995, at least one long level of it. I just put up a playthrough video of it on Youtube today. If anyone's interested in seeing an essentially unseen apple 2 game, have a look. I think it's decent ;) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=icGZ467p2IU And thanks for any help on the IIGS-Mac issue. - Wade Unless you're putting files on an IDE device you can swap between the //gs and the mac (say, a flashcard), the only other option I can think of is locating an ethernet card for the //gs. That might be cost prohibitive though, so a null modem cable and a terminal program that supports z-model or y-modem batch would be your next best ...

System 7/Mac Classic: Making a backup system diskette without the original diskette
Hi, I've just inherited a pair of Mac Classic's. One fires up sweetly from it's internal HDD and the other looks sad. On the sad one I read the manual and thought, ah-ha, no system disk. I'll pop in the nice Apple one that came with the working Mac and use that to kick-start it. No joy, just two very broad black/white vertical bars....but........ Now, I cannot get the diskette out of the sad one's internal drive. I've tried the mouse down during power-on idea. I've tried the <Apple>+Shift+1 trick. I've tried the paper clip idea but the little sod won...

Web resources about - How do I get rid of these - comp.sys.mac.system

Anderson Cooper Nails Trump on Heidi Cruz tiff: ‘That’s the Argument of a 5-year-old’
Anderson Cooper called out Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump during the CNN-hosted townhall meeting in Milwaukee Tuesday evening, ...

China’s iQIYI Expands Streaming to Taiwan
Chinese video streaming giant iQIYI is to launch in Taiwan, its first territory outside mainland China.

Apple-FBI clash ends in stalemate
The high-stakes legal showdown between Apple and the FBI has abruptly ended, with no resolution to key questions about law enforcement access ...

Chinese plane nearly takes off before passenger spotted its flat tyre
Chinese airliner, Capital Airlines, avoided a possible flight disaster on Monday, when an observant passenger spotted a flat tyre on one of its ...

Online Map Depicts Transgender-Friendly Bathrooms In North Carolina
Talk about thinking out of the box – it looks like North Carolina, a state with a restrictive bathroom law, could be worked around through an ...

Patty Duke's Talent, Bravery Recalled; Actress Dies at 69
Washington Post Patty Duke's Talent, Bravery Recalled; Actress Dies at 69 ABC News The courage that a teenage Patty Duke portrayed on-screen ...

The Daily Agenda for Wednesday, March 30
TODAY’S AGENDA is brought to you by: From the Texas Silver Dollar Times , September 1982, page 6. It was a women’s bar, but Dan liked it too ...

Oculus Rift VR Headset Is Awesome, But Here’s Why Most People Won’t Have Access To It
After years of delays and disappointments, the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset has finally begun arriving at the doorsteps of its early adopters. ...

Rihanna Shares NSFW Stills from 'Kiss It Better' Video
Rihanna has shared some not safe for work stills from her new “Kiss It Better” music video, which is being released very soon! The 28-year-old ...

Snapchat Reveals Chat 2.0
It looks like Snapchat has just shown off Chat 2.0, which will see a seamless merger of various elements, including the likes of video, audio, ...