Installing 9.2.2 #2

I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the
most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps
(Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my system file from my old 9.2.2
machine and have it work correctly, or would this just be too easy?

Thanks for any help.

D. Scruggs

0
bcfd36 (7)

In article <1135736270.117802.224660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
 bcfd36@aol.com wrote:

> I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the
> most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps
> (Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my system file from my old 9.2.2
> machine and have it work correctly, or would this just be too easy?

don't know about that, but a version of Seahaven Towers that runs under
OSX is available:  http://webstore.longwood.com/macos/LwSeShop.html
0
hal.i.burton (139)
12/28/2005 3:16:36 AM
<bcfd36@aol.com> wrote:

> I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the
> most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps
> (Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my system file from my old 9.2.2
> machine and have it work correctly, or would this just be too easy?

If you copy the "System Folder" - probably yes. At least it would
support running Classic (=Mac OS 9) apps under Mac OS X.

Doesn't the iMac already have a System Folder (with a 9 in the icon)?
It should, unless it's very new (G5 or late G4). If it hasn't, there is
an installer on one of the original installer disks.

If it supports booting 9.2.2 depends on your iMac model. And maybe on
whether the 9.2.2 system is machine specific. It probably isn't.
You didn't provide either info in your question.

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour