iPod video.. How do you get video on it?

I downloaded some h.264 content from apples web pages.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/bbc-andes.html

I opened it in Quicktime 7 Pro and saved it to disk.

I think I need to move this to iTunes then sync my iPod

So:
1) How do I get this .mov file into iTunes (I suppose under video)
2) The next time I connect up the iPod 5g I suppose it will sync up and
transfer the video.

My ultimate goal is to connect this iPod to my HDTV and play 1080i
H.264 compressed video
from this device.

0
bobrien18 (177)

KraftDiner <bobrien18@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I downloaded some h.264 content from apples web pages.
>
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/bbc-andes.html
>
> I opened it in Quicktime 7 Pro and saved it to disk.
>
> I think I need to move this to iTunes then sync my iPod
>
> So:
> 1) How do I get this .mov file into iTunes (I suppose under video)
> 2) The next time I connect up the iPod 5g I suppose it will sync up and
> transfer the video.
>
> My ultimate goal is to connect this iPod to my HDTV and play 1080i
> H.264 compressed video
> from this device.

To convert to iPod video simply choose EXPORT from the file menu in
Quicktime Player and choose the Movie to Ipod setting .... that's it.

As you were on the Apple Web site you could have checked the
specifications in relation to the iPod video capabilities. If you had
done so you would realise that HD video (unsurprisingly) is not
possible. The iPod plays video with stunning clarity on its own small
screen. On a TV it can outperform VHS video but falls short of DVD an HD
definition.

The highest pixel count on iPod video gives a width of 480 pixels (using
MPEG 4 not H264). I have succesfully converted DVD video movies to iPod
video using Handbrake ... look great on the iPod and pretty good on the
TV .... but you really can't expect HD! (BTW Handbrake makes full use of
2 processors so if you have a dual G5 it is CONSIDERABLY faster
converting than Quicktime Player H264).

--
Adrian
0

I have IMTOO's .mp4 format that works very well on on the iPOD video
AND shows well using an RCA to TV cable.  I also have Anapod for
Windows.

email me:  ipodvid.ls7@gishpuppy.com

0
msjag416 (6)
12/24/2005 9:22:02 PM
See Best Buy video to iPod Converter Software from
http://www.best-seller-reviews.com/videoipodconverter/
http://www.best-seller-reviews.com/videoipodconverter/

In article <1136364861.982923.276160@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<Support@goldmedalsoft.com> wrote:

> See Best Buy video to iPod Converter Software from...

Why would we care about a Windows application here?
0
garner (593)