Is anyone else having problems connecting to Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates right now?

Hello.

Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)

On 2015-10-22 16:38, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
> right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
> from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
> https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

A minute or so after successfully getting a link to the Apple site from
App Store (it opened the page in Chrome), I got a drop down error in App
Store saying it was having connection issues.

https://www.apple.com/ca/support/systemstatus/ was all green at the
time. (1 minute before this posting).
0
Alan
10/22/2015 8:55:14 PM
On 2015-10-22 16:38, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
> right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
> from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
> https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

.... which looks like ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ur3ptv3peaj0y1/Screen%20Shot%202015-10-22%20at%2016.55.23.jpg

0
Alan
10/22/2015 8:56:30 PM
> > Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
> > right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
> > from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> > v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
> > https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(
> >
> A minute or so after successfully getting a link to the Apple site
> from App Store (it opened the page in Chrome), I got a drop down error
> in App Store saying it was having connection issues.

> https://www.apple.com/ca/support/systemstatus/ was all green at the
> time. (1 minute before this posting).

Hmm, I still see green color status and updates' connect problems for
me.
--
Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |
   \ _ /    Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
    ( )     ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
0
ANTant
10/22/2015 8:59:33 PM
> > Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
> > right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
> > from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> > v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
> > https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(

> ... which looks like ...
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ur3ptv3peaj0y1/Screen%20Shot%202015-10-22%20at%2016.55.23.jpg

Yep. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |
   \ _ /    Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
    ( )     ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
0
ANTant
10/22/2015 9:00:34 PM
On 2015-10-22, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
> right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
> from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
> https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

I installed the iTunes update a couple hours ago without issue, but just
saw this error when I ran the App Store app.

JR
0
Jolly
10/22/2015 9:01:22 PM
In message <iJadnRL_4cm11LTLnZ2dnUU7-XWdnZ2d@earthlink.com>
  Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
> Hello.

> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes'

What the hell is Xes' supposed to be?

Do you mean X's?

> App Store's Updates right now?

I have not had any trouble connecting to the Mac App Store today, no.

> I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response from the
> Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.

I have not tried connecting with any obsolete OS versions though. Maybe
they are giving priority to people trying to install 10.11.1?

--
CURSIVE WRITING DOES NOT MEAN WHAT I THINK IT DOES Bart chalkboard Ep.
2F11
<ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:

>Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is
>my jar of Bull ants?"

I assume you mean "Bullet ants" ??

--
HAL 9000:    Dave.  Put down those Windows disks.  Dave.  DAVE!
0
> > Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes'

> What the hell is Xes' supposed to be?

> Do you mean X's?

Multiple Mac OS Xes.

> > App Store's Updates right now?

> I have not had any trouble connecting to the Mac App Store today, no.

Interesting. Where are you at? So far, USA and Canadians are having
issues.

> > I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response from the
> > Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> > v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.

> I have not tried connecting with any obsolete OS versions though. Maybe
> they are giving priority to people trying to install 10.11.1?

I saw it happen in v10.10.5 (Yosemite) too.
--
Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |
   \ _ /    Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
    ( )     ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
0
ANTant
10/22/2015 9:54:23 PM
> >Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is
> >my jar of Bull ants?"

> I assume you mean "Bullet ants" ??

No idea. I copied and paste the ant quote from the Internet decades ago.
:)
--
Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |
   \ _ /    Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
    ( )     ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
0
ANTant
10/22/2015 9:54:58 PM
In article <MtWdnVNHOvOvxrTLnZ2dnUU7-LWdnZ2d@earthlink.com>, Ant
<ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:

>> >Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is
>> >my jar of Bull ants?"
>
>> I assume you mean "Bullet ants" ??
>
>No idea. I copied and paste the ant quote from the Internet decades ago.
>:)

You might want to look up bullet ants on Winky. They're best avoided :-)

--
"People don't buy Microsoft for quality, they buy it for compatibility
with what Bob in accounting bought last year. Trace it back - they buy
<ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
> right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
> from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.

I had OSX and XCode updates available a couple of hours ago. I updated
both. The OSX part updated and restarted. I then reclicked on upgrade
for XCode within the App Store. I got a server error message, so I
clicked on update again. Then I dragged the window to the bottom of my
screen and ignored it. I notice that XCode has successfully completed
about a half-hour ago. Both were most current updates.

leo
0
Leonard
10/22/2015 11:56:10 PM

> >> I assume you mean "Bullet ants" ??
> >
> >No idea. I copied and paste the ant quote from the Internet decades ago.
> >:)

> You might want to look up bullet ants on Winky. They're best avoided :-)

I heard about those bullet ants. Hence they feel like you got shot from
bullets. Harvester ants' stingers are bad too, but not bad bullet ants'
stingers. One of my fingers has been stung by a Palm Spring/Dale's
Pogonomyrmex californicus worker ant (red color) before. That was not
fun. :( See
http://clatl.com/atlanta/did-the-creator-of-the-schmidt-sting-pain-index-volunteer-to-get-stung-by-everything-on-earth/Content?oid=5399245
for the details. ;)
--
Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |
   \ _ /    Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
    ( )     ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
0
ANTant
10/23/2015 1:01:01 AM
On 10/22/15, 16:38, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
> right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
> from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
> https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

A couple of days ago I tried to update three apps simultaneously in
iTunes, but it hung up on one of them and quit updating. I highlighted
another and clicked on update again. All three updated, so I attributed
the hang-up to chance or a momentary problem of no consequence.
Yesterday I updated iTunes itself, and I had no problem updating
simultaneously in iTunes today two different apps (Facebook and iTunesU).

--
++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====++
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ@Wearthlink.net>    ||
On 10/22/15 5:54 p, Ant wrote:
>>> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes'
>
>> What the hell is Xes' supposed to be?
>
>> Do you mean X's?
>
> Multiple Mac OS Xes.

The plural of X is Xen (2 syllables), as in ox->oxen (which is how you
pronounce OS Xen).

;-)

0
Fred
10/23/2015 5:34:27 PM
> The plural of X is Xen (2 syllables), as in ox->oxen (which is how you
> pronounce OS Xen).

> ;-)

I remember Xen from Half-Life 1 game. I hated that world. :P
--
Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |
   \ _ /    Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
    ( )     ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
0
ANTant
10/23/2015 7:39:25 PM
It looks like it is back to normal now. Thanks all. :)

--
Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |
   \ _ /    Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
    ( )     ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
0
ANTant
10/23/2015 7:48:51 PM
In message <n0dqv3$uub$1@dont-email.me>
  Fred Moore <fmoore@gcfn.org> wrote:

>>> What the hell is Xes' supposed to be?
>>
>>> Do you mean X's?
>>
>> Multiple Mac OS Xes.

> The plural of X is Xen (2 syllables), as in ox->oxen (which is how you
> pronounce OS Xen).

oxen and children use -en for the plural. This has nothing to do with
'x'.

One axe, two axes. One boxes, two boxes. One tax, infinite taxes. One
ex, two exes.

--
All our loves are first loves
0
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:38:00 -0500, Ant wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
> right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
> from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
> v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
> https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

App store won't let me update to the latest iPhoto, even though it is in
my purchases.
0
sctvguy1
10/24/2015 12:48:50 AM
On 2015-10-24, sctvguy1 <sctvguy1@invalid.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:38:00 -0500, Ant wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> Is anyone else also having problems with Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates
>> right now? I am getting "An error has occurred -- Didn't get a response
>> from the Apple Software Update server." error in Mac OS X v10.8.5 and
>> v10.10.5 machines on two different ISPs.
>> https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ says no problems. :(
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> App store won't let me update to the latest iPhoto, even though it is in
> my purchases.

Different issue, obviously, but what is the error message?

JR
0
Jolly
10/24/2015 1:38:58 AM
In article <n0ekhi$b87$2@dont-email.me>, sctvguy1
<sctvguy1@invalid.net> wrote:

> App store won't let me update to the latest iPhoto, even though it is in
> my purchases.

yes it will. you have to delete the existing iphoto first, then
redownload it.
0
nospam
10/24/2015 1:46:49 AM
On 10/23/15 6:27 p, SpewUs wrote:
> In message <n0dqv3$uub$1@dont-email.me>
>    Fred Moore <fmoore@gcfn.org> wrote:

>>> Multiple Mac OS Xes.
>
>> The plural of X is Xen (2 syllables), as in ox->oxen (which is how you
>> pronounce OS Xen).

The winky face was here.

> oxen and children use -en for the plural. This has nothing to do with
> 'x'.
>
> One axe, two axes. One boxes, two boxes. One tax, infinite taxes. One
> ex, two exes.

Thank you, SpewUs, for so conveniently omitting the  ;-)  at the end of
my post. I really do feel sorry for you.

0
Fred

Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)'s App Store v1.3 (201)'s "Updates installed ..." section.
Hello. I have a couple questions with the new Mavericks OS (clean install): 1. Is there a way to hide this "Updates Installed In The Last 30 Days" section? It keeps confusing me that these are new updates available to download and install until I read the section's title. :P I like how Windows does its update history hidden at first and then I can view them when I want to. 2. Is there a way to show more than 30 days when Mavericks' release is over 30 days old? Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "A centipede is an ant made to Canadian/...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/29, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/29, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : loa210 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , loa210 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , www 'DOT' 20000plusdvdsandcds 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , loa210@mail.gr, loa210@mailbox.gr, www.20000plusdvdsandcds.tk ------------------------------------...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- 08/22/2007 Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.10 X86 08/14/2007 Adobe CS3 Master Collection MAC OSX UB D1 .DVD 08/09/2007 Digidesign Pro Tools V7.3 LE MAC OSX 05/11/2007 Altiverb 5.1 .MAC. .PPC. OSX 04/26/2007 VTC Macromedia D...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/29, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/29, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : loa210 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , loa210 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , www 'DOT' 20000plusdvdsandcds 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , loa210@mail.gr, loa210@mailbox.gr, www.20000plusdvdsandcds.tk ------------------------------------...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 19/June/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 19/June/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Synthogy Ivory version 1.5, 10 DVDs Concert Grand Pianos Plug-in for AU, VST and RTAS Mac/PC Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Syste...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- 08/22/2007 Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.10 X86 08/14/2007 Adobe CS3 Master Collection MAC OSX UB D1 .DVD 08/09/2007 Digidesign Pro Tools V7.3 LE MAC OSX 05/11/2007 Altiverb 5.1 .MAC. .PPC. OSX 04/26/2007 VTC Macromedia D...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/May/19, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/May/19, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' -------------------------------------------------------- DFT Super Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 4 CDs The DFT Super Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm, Digital Film Lab, Composite Suite, and zMatte. DFT Filter Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 1 CD The DFT Filter Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm and Digital Film Lab. DFT Keyer Bundle for Apple Fi...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2006/December/03, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2006/December/03, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' -------------------------------------------------------- DFT Super Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 4 CDs The DFT Super Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm, Digital Film Lab, Composite Suite, and zMatte. DFT Filter Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 1 CD The DFT Filter Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm and Digital Film Lab. DFT Keye...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 19/June/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 19/June/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Synthogy Ivory version 1.5, 10 DVDs Concert Grand Pianos Plug-in for AU, VST and RTAS Mac/PC Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0....

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2006/December/03, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' -------------------------------------------------------- DFT Super Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 4 CDs The DFT Super Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm, Digital Film Lab, Composite Suite, and zMatte. DFT Filter Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 1 CD The DFT Filter Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm and Digital Film Lab. DFT Keyer Bundle for App...

[...]

Web resources about - Is anyone else having problems connecting to Mac OS Xes' App Store's Updates right now? - comp.sys.mac.system