Lion & Canon Printer

I have a Canon 1p2600 printer which works with Lion fine. But a piece of
Canon software that I use with this printer called Easy Photoprint no longer
works. When started I get an error message " An internal error has
occurred". There is no update for this software from Canon. On examining
Console I have the following log entry:-

22/07/2011 17:44:00.031 Easy-PhotoPrint EX: CoreText: Invalid 'kern' Table
In CTFont <name: Bauhaus93, size: 24.000000, matrix: 0x0>
CTFontDescriptor <attributes: <CFBasicHash 0x1204230 [0xacc5b120]>{type =
mutable dict, count = 1,
entries =>
    1 : <CFString 0xacf824e4 [0xacc5b120]>{contents = "NSFontNameAttribute"}
= <CFString 0x1251a00 [0xacc5b120]>{contents = "Bauhaus93"}
}

Any idea how I can sort this out?

--
Welsh Gas
Remove usual to reply direct.

0
welshgas (29)

In article <CA4F6945.499AB%welshgas@virginmedia.com>,
 WelshGas <welshgas@virginmedia.com> wrote:

> I have a Canon 1p2600 printer which works with Lion fine. But a piece of
> Canon software that I use with this printer called Easy Photoprint no longer
> works. When started I get an error message " An internal error has
> occurred". There is no update for this software from Canon. On examining
> Console I have the following log entry:-
>
> 22/07/2011 17:44:00.031 Easy-PhotoPrint EX: CoreText: Invalid 'kern' Table
> In CTFont <name: Bauhaus93, size: 24.000000, matrix: 0x0>
> CTFontDescriptor <attributes: <CFBasicHash 0x1204230 [0xacc5b120]>{type =
> mutable dict, count = 1,
> entries =>
>     1 : <CFString 0xacf824e4 [0xacc5b120]>{contents = "NSFontNameAttribute"}
> = <CFString 0x1251a00 [0xacc5b120]>{contents = "Bauhaus93"}
> }
> >

> Any idea how I can sort this out?

That's no surprise to me. Easy Photoprint is shoddy software.

I'm curious: What exactly do you think Easy Photoprint does for you that
you can't already do with Lion?

JR
0
jollyroger (11010)
7/23/2011 12:20:36 AM
On 23/07/2011 01:20, in article
jollyroger-53944A.19203522072011@news.individual.net, "Jolly Roger"
<jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <CA4F6945.499AB%welshgas@virginmedia.com>,
>  WelshGas <welshgas@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a Canon 1p2600 printer which works with Lion fine. But a piece of
>> Canon software that I use with this printer called Easy Photoprint no longer
>> works. When started I get an error message " An internal error has
>> occurred". There is no update for this software from Canon. On examining
>> Console I have the following log entry:-
>>
>> 22/07/2011 17:44:00.031 Easy-PhotoPrint EX: CoreText: Invalid 'kern' Table
>> In CTFont <name: Bauhaus93, size: 24.000000, matrix: 0x0>
>> CTFontDescriptor <attributes: <CFBasicHash 0x1204230 [0xacc5b120]>{type =
>> mutable dict, count = 1,
>> entries =>
>>     1 : <CFString 0xacf824e4 [0xacc5b120]>{contents = "NSFontNameAttribute"}
>> = <CFString 0x1251a00 [0xacc5b120]>{contents = "Bauhaus93"}
>> }
>>>

>> Any idea how I can sort this out?
>
> That's no surprise to me. Easy Photoprint is shoddy software.
>
> I'm curious: What exactly do you think Easy Photoprint does for you that
> you can't already do with Lion?

Problem sorted. I personally don't use it but my wife does as she finds it
easy to run of photos as and when.
I resolved the problem by reinstalling the software and it is now working
for her.

--
Welsh Gas
Remove usual to reply direct.
paulatwoodsforddotcodotuk

0
welshgas (29)

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but may not read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email; if you insist on emailing and see "NOJUNK" strings in my address (or something to that effect) - REMOVE THEM before hitting send! (these are sometimes added to prevent SPAM, i.e. people who "harvest" addresses off Newsgroups). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 13 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains, and it's best to deal via Ebay though will respond to regular email also. Please read description there, but a few facts are copied here: 1) NEW (sealed) Canon cartridges for their portable printers: BJC50/55/70/80/85/30 & other CANON. GENUINE CANON (made in Japan, from CompUSA before it went out of business here). Not fakes which dry out before expiration or damage/ spill into printers - I tried one of generics some years ago, and the money I thought would save, were wasted as they were discovered to be dry (unusable) prior to expiration. I am not one of those people "attached" to specific brands, but learned a hard lesson with inkjet cartridges, unlike Laser toners which are OK even if generic. 2) Plus free BJC-series printers LiIon (lithium-Ion) battery, part# LB50 I don't...

RFC: Mac::CoreFoundation && Mac::SearchKit
Hi folks. I'm thinking of creating Perl wrappers for the primitive types found in Mac OS X's Core Foundation. Does anyone object to me using the Mac::CoreFoundation name space for that? Also, the reason I need Core Foundation types is because I'm planning a Perl wrapper for Mac OS X's Search Kit framework, which uses CF types for many of its arguments and return values. Anyone object to me using the Mac::SearchKit name space? Of course, if anyone knows of work already being done in this area, please let me know. I don't want to reinvent wheels. sherm-- Sherm Pendley <spamtrap@dot-app.org> wrote: > Hi folks. I'm thinking of creating Perl wrappers for the primitive types > found in Mac OS X's Core Foundation. Does anyone object to me using the > Mac::CoreFoundation name space for that? > Also, the reason I need Core Foundation types is because I'm planning a Perl > wrapper for Mac OS X's Search Kit framework, which uses CF types for many > of its arguments and return values. Anyone object to me using the > Mac::SearchKit name space? There are a bunch of Mac:: modules on CPAN already (http://search.cpan.org/search?m=dist&q=Mac) so it looks like a good namespace to work with. Maybe you'd like send a question to Chris Nandor (http://search.cpan.org/~cnandor/) who seems to be one of the more prolific Mac::* authors and ask his opinion. Clayton ...

Softmotion &amp; Labview RT &amp; System Identification
Hi there &nbsp; I would like to start a motion control project (AC servo conveyor system) using &nbsp; LV RT with Fieldpoint NI Softmotion LV System Identification &nbsp; Can someone tell me what is the correct procedure to get the project stared ? &nbsp; I'm familiar with LV but not the LV RT &amp; Softmotion &nbsp; There&nbsp;are not many softmotion examples around except the one that comes with the softmotion software&nbsp;itself. And I tried the example from the softmotion ( with modification ), it was not working properly. &nbsp; Can anyone&nbsp;who is&nbsp;experience in softmotion give a proper steps on how to go about using Softmotion with LV RT &amp; FP or many other RT hardware ? &nbsp; Than you in advance. &nbsp; RF328 &nbsp; &nbsp; RF328, &nbsp; Here is a document that may be helpful in getting started with SoftMotion.&nbsp; It explains the architecture of the FieldPoint examples in the Example Finder: <a href="http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371331b.pdf" target="_blank"> http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371331b.pdf</a> &nbsp; Which FieldPoint modules are you using?&nbsp; One possibilitiy is that the channels specified in the examples don't match up with the hardware that you are using.&nbsp; When you ran the examples, did you receive any errors or did it run without moving your motor? &nbsp; Chris M. Applications Engineer Nationa...

Re: &&&&&&
Talbot, Its basic macro aper math. With each pass of the macro processor it reduces && to &. in yoru case: %put &&mlv&mlin. = &&&&&&mlv&mlin. ; 1st pass: &mlv5 = &&&mlv5 2nd Pass: Daisy = &Daisy 3rd Pass : Daisy = Yellow Toby Dunn From: Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> Reply-To: Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: &&&&&& Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:38:44 -0400 Received: from malibu.cc.uga.edu ([128.192.1.103]) by MC8-F21.hotmail...

Can you tell me the purpose of measurement &amp; automation explorer software &amp; NiDAQmax driver software, &amp; LABVIEW software for DAQ system?
Hi &nbsp; I am having basic doubt related to all the softwares mentioned above. &nbsp; Can you descibe it for me? &nbsp; &nbsp; NDAQmx is the driver software&nbsp;that lets you interact with the DAQ hardware using highlevel tools. It&nbsp;also lets you explore, configure, and test your measurement hardware. It includes NI Measurement &amp; Automation Explorer, DAQ Assistant, and and LabVIEW SignalExpress LE software&nbsp;which allows you do basic measurements without programming.&nbsp; <a href="http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/nidaqmx.htm" target="_blank">http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/nidaqmx.htm</a> It can be downloaded freely and comes with any DAQ hardware from NI. &nbsp; LabVIEW is a development system that allows you to write programs that can do anything you want, even interact with your hardware via the NIDAQmx drivers. <a href="http://www.ni.com/labview/" target="_blank">http://www.ni.com/labview/</a> &nbsp; What do you want to do? Please read the details at the above links&nbsp;and let us know if you have any more specific questions.Message Edited by altenbach on 09-12-2007 09:07 PM I wanted to develop a USB based DAQ system for temperature&nbsp;measurement (RTD/Thermistors as sensors). Currently i am having NI PCI 4351 alongwith necessary accessories. I tried to configure one channel for thermistors using Measurement &amp; automation ex...

Canon S820 & S830 Printers
Anyone out there who has a Canon S820 or S830 like to try printouts of a small picture, (printer dump) to see whether Photoreal for a Canon S800 would work with them? Thanks -- Colin Ferris Cornwall UK ...

Linux & Canon LBP1210 printer
Hello, I guess I'm the usual ignorant Linux user but I've just purchased the said printer and unfortuneately, Mandrake 9.1 doesn't know a thing about it. I have tried using several ''close'' matches but my laser printer refuses to fire. Does anyone have any advice? Anything is much appreciated. thanks, Michael Boswell. Michael Boswell wrote: > Hello, > > I guess I'm the usual ignorant Linux user but I've just purchased the said > printer and unfortuneately, Mandrake 9.1 doesn't know a thing about it. I > have tried using several ''close'' matches but my laser printer refuses to > fire. > > Does anyone have any advice? Anything is much appreciated. > > thanks, > Michael Boswell. Check www.linuxprinting.org. That model is not mentioned, the LBP1260 is. jef -- perl -e '$email="jef.peeraer\@deadspam.com"; $email =~ s/deadspam\.com/pandora\.be/;print "$email\n"' "Michael Boswell" <bozi@bigfoot.com.au> wrote in message news:3f1fad77@news.comindico.com.au... > Hello, > > I guess I'm the usual ignorant Linux user but I've just purchased the said > printer and unfortuneately, Mandrake 9.1 doesn't know a thing about it. I > have tried using several ''close'' matches but my laser printer refuses to > fire. > > Does anyone have any advice? Anything is much appreciated. Unless Canon releases ...

ZX81 System with Printer & Rampack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEvsYTpmpJo shot last night in my kitchen ;-) On 28 Aug, 16:04, messianic light <damianjohnbr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEvsYTpmpJo > shot last night in my kitchen ;-) Nice Video. There is a mistake in that manual. Corrected here some years ago. http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.sys.sinclair/msg/0c31faa06e5fd0e2?hl=en ...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

linux & canon pixma ip3000 printer
My hp deskjet 920c broke during printjob (second hp printer with lifespan of less then 2 yrs) and i would like to buy a new color inktjet printer and preferbaly not HP, the inktcartridges cost to much too. The Canon Pixma IP3000 caught my eye and it will probably will work very good with winxp, but i have dual boot pc (winxp & fedora core3) and i would like to use the printer with linux as well. If i can't print photos or cd-roms with linux thats ok, but i would very much like to print colored text and agenda (from korganizer) and the likes. The information about canon printers and linux in general and the ip3000 more specifically doesnt look very promising. Does anyone use an IP3000 with linux ? Or what other printer can you suggest to me ? thanx, Pugi! On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:45:36 +0100, Pugi! wrote: > My hp deskjet 920c broke during printjob (second hp printer with lifespan of > less then 2 yrs) and i would like to buy a new color inktjet printer and > preferbaly not HP, the inktcartridges cost to much too. The Canon Pixma > IP3000 caught my eye and it will probably will work very good with winxp, > but i have dual boot pc (winxp & fedora core3) and i would like to use the > printer with linux as well. If i can't print photos or cd-roms with linux > thats ok, but i would very much like to print colored text and agenda (from > korganizer) and the likes. > The information about canon printers and linux in gene...

System Exec use all resources system if &quot;wait until completion&quot; is true !
Hello, &nbsp; I use the function "System Exe" since a long time to launch various executables since Labview. The " waint until completion " boolean is true, because I have to wait the end of the external executable to continue. &nbsp; Big problem: the function " System Exec " use all resources system, by waiting for the end of the external program. &nbsp; Is it a bug of this function&nbsp;? In my example, "System Exec" launches only the notepad (LV 8.2 on XP) &nbsp; Thank you for your suggestions. &nbsp; AC &nbsp; &nbsp; Process.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/275128/1/Process.jpg Bug system exec.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/275128/2/Bug system exec.vi The way you use System Exec.vi is wrong.&nbsp; See attached VI. LabVIEW takes 0% resources on my laptop when waiting for Notepad. &nbsp; &nbsp; George Zou <a href="http://gtoolbox.yeah.net" target="_blank">http://gtoolbox.yeah.net</a> &nbsp; Fixed system exec.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/275265/1/Fixed system exec.vi Thanks to both for your speed. In fact I had simplified my vi to target the problem. I use System Exec to launch another executable, made possibly with labview, but with passage of parameter. (Ex: - " / string:init "). In the literature Labview it was made with the method cmd / x / c start by putting twice the path of t...

FA: Canon i450 Printer, Mac/PC
On Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3423603805 I'm in Portland, OR. If you come get it, there is no shipping charge. ...

Re: &&&&&& #7
Alan, I seem to have started a hail storm here and I probably should have stated earlier that I don't disagree with SCL or a rework of the code, but rather building and then sending the code out to a temp file and then %including it back in I like not. I have found that while in certain situations this may be the only way to accomplish something easily, it is over used and causes way more headaches than it is worth. As for the rest of your post I am right behind you. Toby Dunn From: Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET> Reply-To: Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: &&&&&& Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:47:23 -0600 MIME-Version: 1.0 Received: from malibu.cc.uga.edu ([128.192.1.103]) by mc7-f17.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:47:32 -0700 Received: from listserv.cc.uga.edu (128.192.1.75) by malibu.cc.uga.edu (LSMTP for Windows NT v1.1b) with SMTP id <1.00FB2139@malibu.cc.uga.edu>; Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:47:30 -0400 Received: from LISTSERV.UGA.EDU by LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 2863721 for SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:47:30 -0400 Received: from IPOfCard1.guest-tek.com ([66.193.160.162]) by listserv.cc.uga.edu (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j59IlULF006633 for <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>; Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:47:30 -0400 Received: from alantoshiba (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]) by IPOfCard...

Re: &&&&&& #4
> From: Talbot Michael Katz > It requires SIX ampersands to resolve the macro variable > example below: > > data _null_ ; > set DS1 end = last ; > call symput("mlv" || compress(put(_N_,best32.)), mli) > ; > call symput(mli, tdt) ; > if last then do ; > call symput("mlin", compress(put(_N_,best32.))) ; > end ; > run ; > %put &&mlv&mlin. = &&&&&&mlv&mlin. ; > > (So, if there are five observations in the data set, and the > fifth value of > mli is "DAISY" and the fifth value of tdt is "YELLOW" this will print > out "DAISY = YELLOW") > > Why does it take so many ampersands to resolve? Can someone > please explain > this resolution to me so that it gets through my extremely > dense skull? > -- TMK -- > "The Macro Klutz" welcome to the club, Talbot! first let's remember: "Too mini ampersands spoil the &tew.!" you're making an associative array but having a sequential-number macro variable as the index may not be what you want, thus the whine about two many ampersands. you didn't supply test data so I'll just edit this and hope it works: data ds1; infile cards; input @1 mli $char1. @3 tdt $char6. ; cards; a apple b banana c cherry d daisy y yellow ; data _null_ ; set DS1 end = last ; call symput(mli, tdt) ; if last then do ; call symput('Sho...

Re: &&&&&& #13
Bold=Ian Whitlock Faint Italics=Joe Whitehurst A macro variable can be thought of as a name pointing at a value. A named scl list item can be thought of as a name pointing at a value. So a name can point at a name that can point at a value, etc. So a named scl list item can be thought of as a named scl list item that can point at a named scl list item that can point at a named scl list item that can point at a value which can continue to whatever level of abstraction you wish without ever using any concatenated ampersands. Let's look at the problem by analogy. Suppose you go to a pa...

Re: &&&&&& #6
This is a prime example I use when I discuss what is wrong with the macro language. Yes, you can figure it out but an alternative would be to simply write your data step code out and then bring it back in so you know what is being submitted. data _null_ ; file 'c:\myfile.sas' ; put 'data ...;' ; ...more put statements... run; %include 'c:\myfile.sas' ; Others will argue for SCL or something else. Regardless, this application probably requires a complete rethink if you are using 6 ampersands. Thanks, Alan Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Talbot Michael Katz Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:39 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: &&&&&& Hi. It requires SIX ampersands to resolve the macro variable example below: data _null_ ; set DS1 end = last ; call symput("mlv" || compress(put(_N_,best32.)), mli) ; call symput(mli, tdt) ; if last then do ; call symput("mlin", compress(put(_N_,best32.))) ; end ; run ; %put &&mlv&mlin. = &&&&&&mlv&mlin. ; (So, if there are five observations in the data set, and the fifth value of mli is "DAISY" and the fifth value of tdt is "YELLOW" this will print out "DAISY = YELLOW") Why does it take so many ampersands to resolve? Can someone please explain this resolutio...

Re: &&&&&& #2
Alan, I disagree with that statement. I think the best solution would be to build the dang thing the way he want with less macros. By sending your code out then back in is in MO to much hassel for too little. the whole thingy could be done like this: data one ; flower = 'Daisy' ; color = 'Yellow' ; run ; data two ; set one ; call symput ( compress('text'||_n_),compbl(flower||'='||color) ) ; call symput ( 'index' , compress(_n_) ) ; run ; %put &&text&index ; Toby Dunn From: Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET> Reply-To: A...

Re: &&&&&& #3
toby dunn <tobydunn@hotmail.com> replied: > Alan, > > I disagree with that statement. I think the best solution would be to build > the dang thing the way he want with less macros. By sending your code out > then back in is in MO to much hassel for too little. > > the whole thingy could be done like this: > > data one ; > flower = 'Daisy' ; > color = 'Yellow' ; > run ; > > data two ; > set one ; > call symput ( compress('text'||_n_),compbl(flower||'='||color) ) ; > call symput ( 'index' , compre...

Re: &&&&&& #8
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:38:44 -0400, Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> wrote: >Hi. > >It requires SIX ampersands to resolve the macro variable example below: > >data _null_ ; > set DS1 end = last ; > call symput("mlv" || compress(put(_N_,best32.)), mli) > ; > call symput(mli, tdt) ; > if last then do ; > call symput("mlin", compress(put(_N_,best32.))) ; > end ; >run ; >%put &&mlv&mlin. = &&&&&&mlv&mlin. ; > >(So, if there are five observations in the data set, and the fifth va...

Re: &&&&&& #10
Thank you, Toby et al for your answers, opinions, advice, criticism, etc. I almost think I'm beginning to get it. Let me regurgitate this to be sure: Given &&&&&&mlv&mlin., I resolve &mlin. = 5 and reduce the &&&&&& to &&& to get &&&mlv5. Then I resolve &mlv5. = DAISY and reduce the && to & to get &DAISY. Finally I resolve &DAISY. = YELLOW. So, it looks to me like once I reach a stage where I have a string of ampersands followed by a "pure" name (i.e., one with no ampersa...

Sharing (OS9) MAC printer on a Windows XP system?
This has probably been discussed before but Googling has failed to show me the answer... I have a MAC running OS 9.2.2 with and Epson 740 printer connected via USB. My daughter has a PC running Windows XP also connected on our home network via a Linksys router. Is there any hope of setting these systems up so that she will be able to see and print to the MAC's printer? (either by mere settings or via some other software package? On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:29:27 -0400, junktin wrote (in article <bX14d.106487$XP3.60316@edtnps84>): > This has probably been discussed before but Googling has failed to show > me the answer... > > I have a MAC running OS 9.2.2 with and Epson 740 printer connected via USB. > > My daughter has a PC running Windows XP also connected on our home > network via a Linksys router. > > Is there any hope of setting these systems up so that she will be able > to see and print to the MAC's printer? (either by mere settings or via > some other software package? > You'll need a 3rd party package such as DAVE. -- We are Microsoft of Borg. You will be assimilated. Stability is irrelevant. Where _you_ want to go to today is irrelevant. We will add your currency to our own. Bend over right now. Resistance is futile. In article <bX14d.106487$XP3.60316@edtnps84>, junktin <junktin@telus.net> wrote: > This has probably been discussed before but Googling has failed to show > me...

Canon i9100 - Mac
Cone doesn't seem to be getting anywhere supporting this printer. Does anybody know if anybody else is developing a B&W package for it? -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] ...

calibrating system (Mac, scanner, printer, camera)
I'd like to start using my computer etc for digital photographs, I'd like to get started on color sync. As far as I understood this means calibrating the equipment I have access to: MacBook Pro, Cinema Display 30", Xerox Phaser 7760DX (incl PhaserCal), Epson Perfection 4990 Photo, Nikon D200. What do I need to profile all of this so I get reliable colour reproduction? (recommended hardware/software) I do have an MSEE degree but no experience with color matching for digital photography yet. TIA Marc -- Switzerland/Europe <http://www.heusser.com> remove CHEERS and f...

Which Canon printers can print on CDs & CDRs?
Can any of the Canon printers print on CDs & CDRs, or do I have to go Epson? I'm not that fond of Epson. Penny Pentangle PennyP <PennyP@crossroad99.net> wrote: >Can any of the Canon printers print on CDs & CDRs, or do I have to go >Epson? I'm not that fond of Epson. Depends on what country you want to purchase the printer in. CDR print is covered by a patent that Canon has chosen not to license in the US for most (all?) of its printers. That said, some Canon printers (like the MP500) can be modified to enable this function, but it requires purchasi...

Web resources about - Lion & Canon Printer - comp.sys.mac.system

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

This $99 device turns your phone into a 3D printer
VIDEO: It uses a special resin and the light from your screen. 3D printers can be pretty expensive, but a company called OLO has created a new ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Troll says he printed racist flyers on public printers at colleges
... the New York Times he was behind a wave of racist print jobs that hit universities across the US. (credit: pinguino k ) Public networked printers ...