login failure in OS 9.2.2

I share my iMac (new model) with my wife and son, who log in as
different users. Unfortunately, whenever we boot up the computer now, we

get a "login failure" error. I'm able to login in spite of the error
message, but my wife and son are not so fortunate: they get taken right
back to the login dialog box.

FYI, we recently upgraded our System 10 to Panther, so that my son could

run Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer. This program has proven to be buggy, and
we started having problems right about the time I installed it.

I'm not real clear about the whole multiuser thing, anyway. Any advice
that might be useful would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Webster
jsibleywebster@mindspring.com

i need mac os 9.2.1 or 9.2.2 FULL Setup CD
if anyone have cd image of os 9.2.1 or 9.2.2 full setup , can upload it somewhere , and give a link for download? thank you In article <1130359811.732584.13440@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "hayret@gmail.com" <hayret@gmail.com> wrote: > if anyone have cd image of os 9.2.1 or 9.2.2 full setup , can upload it > somewhere , and give a link for download? > > thank you This is a paid upgrade. Well, doing that would be illegal and a violation of Apple's Copyright. But you _knew_ that, right? Try eBay (beware that you buy a version that's for your...

using an iPod with Mac os 9.2.2 and iTunes 2.0.4 #2
Help! I have just purchased a (3rd gen) iPod as a gift for use with a G4. Unfortunately it turns out that the 'lucky' recipient is using OS 9.2.2 rather than OS X as I had assumed. I have read unsubstantiated reports that it is possible to get this working (despite Apple's recommendations that at least OS 10.1.5 is required) but I am unable to fathom it out (not a regular Mac user). Has anyone managed to get this combo working and if so can they give me any pointers? The iPod is recognised as a firewire HD device on the desktop but does not appear in or sync with iTunes. Please h...

OS/2 gurus! Help with OS/2 config.sys Fwd: Trouble with a Personal System/2
Folks, I suck at OS/2, and this guy has a problem. Config.sys has been changed. Any way to boot in recovery mode? No further info yet, unknown if this was a result of a FixPack, adapter install, or a program update. Challenge, this may be a production unit, and it may be doing involved things. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Trouble with a Personal System/2 Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:20 -0400 From: <brian@centralindianapatternandmold.com> To: <ohland@charter.net> please help . config.sys got changed os2 ibm indurstial computer-will ...

Mac OS 9.2.2
could anybody help me find a copy Mac OS 9.2.2?? (Please) my powerbook g4 will only run 9.2.2 and not the 9.2.1 cd that i have :( In article <2004110423373416807%hobyboblins@maccom>, Liefryan <hobyboblins@mac.com> wrote: > could anybody help me find a copy Mac OS 9.2.2?? (Please) my powerbook > g4 will only run 9.2.2 and not the 9.2.1 cd that i have :( If you need to install OS 9 on your PB, attach it to another Mac with a Firewire cable and start it up holding the "T" key down. Then start the other Mac and your laptop will show up as a mounted hard drive. ...

using an iPod with Mac os 9.2.2 and iTunes 2.0.4
Help! I have just purchased a (3rd gen) iPod as a gift for use with a G4. Unfortunately it turns out that the 'lucky' recipient is using OS 9.2.2 rather than OS X as I had assumed. I have read unsubstantiated reports that it is possible to get this working (despite Apple's recommendations that at least OS 10.1.5 is required) but I am unable to fathom it out (not a regular Mac user). Has anyone managed to get this combo working and if so can they give me any pointers? The iPod is recognised as a firewire HD device on the desktop but does not appear in or sync with iTunes. Please h...

Compatibility with Alesis ADAT Editing Software 2.0 & Mac G4 Operating System OS X, or 9.2
I wanted to find out if I could use the Editing Software manufactured by Alesis for ADATS, with my Mac G4. I am using OS X, however I can also use classic 9.2 if needed. Minimum requirements on the box read: MAC Power PC 300MHz, 604e Processor, OS 7.6.1, 128 Megs of RAM. I have two 800MHz processors, and 512 Megs of RAM. Has anyone ever had any problems using the Alesis PCI card with a mirrored model G4? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time concerning this matter. ...

WTB: Mac OS 9.2.2
Looking for full install version of 9.2.2 on disk for still-chugging-along 9220. TIA, Amy reply to aplst2 at pitt dot edu In article <40140AF8.8050900@pitt.edu>, Amy Lustig <aplst2spamout@pitt.edu> wrote: > Looking for full install version of 9.2.2 on disk for > still-chugging-along 9220. > > TIA, > Amy > > reply to > > aplst2 at pitt dot edu what mac you running? I'll then check see if I have it. ...

NROFF for Mac os 9.2.2
I am looking for a Mac OS 9.2.2 compatible NROFF/TROFF/GROFF package with the ms/mm and man macros. While I do have Slackintosh on my Imac G3... I rather work in classic when possible. I don't have MAC-OS X here. You can either email me or reply here with any information on where I can find such a package. You can also email me the package too. to get past my spam filters that kill binaries, email it to bichela3@yahoo.com. BTW does anyone know of a Clarisworks 4.0 xtnd translator to process nroff documents? I would like to work on my book Maca's world in clarisworks, if there isn&...

Mac OS 9.2.2 and Palm
What programs work well for folks with OS 9.2.2? I have a T3, and I'm interested in any good apps, but especially in mail programs that transfer well, programs that might handle database information (like excel files), and programs to read newsgroups, off-line. Thanks a million, Fletcher V ...

Palm Desktop 4.2.1, Mac OS 9.2.2, & AvantGo 4.0
I've finally gotten around to setting up a newer Mac running MacOS 9.2.2. I've updated Palm Desktop to 4.2.1. I'm trying to get AvantGo 4.0 to play nicely with my setup (since I'm using a Palm m515), but it won't install correctly. AvantGo Connect sees no profiles, and Palm Desktop sees no AvantGo conduit. Any clues what I should do (other than bail on AvantGo and/or update to OS X, which would mean bailing on AvantGo or going with Missing Sync anyhow)? In article <1157165247.345416.46560@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, ultrajoe@spamcop.net wrote: > I've fi...

reinstall of OS 10.2
I'm reinstalling my operating systems. Does it matter whether I install OS X or 9.2.2 first? Is there a certain order that they should be installed in? Thanks. -- TLD TLD <TLD2@tld.tld.invalid> wrote: > I'm reinstalling my operating systems. Does it matter whether I install > OS X or 9.2.2 first? Is there a certain order that they should be > installed in? Thanks. It makes no difference. -- Mike Rosenberg <http://www.macconsult.com> Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida <http://bogart-tribute.net> Tribute to Humphrey Bogart ...

Newbie question on Mac OS 9.2.2
Hi, I am just starting to learn Mac OS 9.2.2. Are there any "offical" or good books on learning this OS (apart from the online help system). Thank you Ole Ole Gamnes wrote: > Hi, I am just starting to learn Mac OS 9.2.2. > Are there any "offical" or good books on learning this OS (apart from the > online help system). > > Thank you > Ole There are a few but I'm not sure what's still in print. I imagine most Mac store would still carry a couple. I should also mention that this isn't a Mac newsgroups. You want one of the comp.sys.mac ones...

How to purchase Mac OS 9.2.2 (Classic)?
I bought a used Pismo G3 Powerbook recently. It came with the original Mac OS X CDs, but no Classic OS software. How can I get Classic? Somewhere, I know I heard that the Classic CD was optionally available ($20 ?) from Apple now that they don't include it with the OS X software, but the phone and reps feign ignorance, offering only to sell me it for $99 as a standalone operating system purchase. Any ideas or links? Thanks. Bill Christens-Barry -- Wm A Christens-Barry, PhD Equipoise Imaging, LLC equipoise1@verizon.net http://www.eqpi.net/eqpi/ > I bought a used Pismo G3 Pow...

Mac OS 9.2.2 and Language Kit
I'd like to make a Login for a French desktop. I read about setting the Apperence Control Panel to make all in another language. I also read about Language Kits. Do I have to install a French Language Kit in order to achive my goal? Is is a purchase or a free download? The OS CD has some kits, but no French. Thanks R ...

Palm Desktop 4.1 won't sync with Mac (OS 9.1/9.2.2)
Hi, I dl'd Palm Desktop 4.1 and installed it both on a G3 b/w (OS 9.2.2) with a m500 connected via USB and on an old Powerbook 3400c (OS 9.1) with a IBM Workpad c3 (= Palm Vx) connected via serial cradle. None of both Palms is recognized by the Mac. I tried differrent settings, but couldn't figure out how to make it work. Palms, OS versions and both USB and serial connection are stated to be compatible by Palm support readme. Any help? Thanks Alex -- To reply, remove "NOMORESPAM" from address. ...

What happened to OS 9.2? How can I restore OS 9.2 capability?
Recently I did a fresh install and upgraded to OS X.4.11 on my iMac G4 PPC. When I did, the capability to run OS 9 applications disappeared. I still have an OS9 system folder. When I try to use a an OS 9 app, the Classic Startup window appears, but the bar doesn't move within my patience tolerance. Any suggestions? I did try to re-bless the Sys ( Finder by dragging it to the desktop and putting it back. Thanks, Jim In article <97a08539-e529-4232-a9a6-23ff71391b03@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, <"jvbeaupre@bellsouth.net"> wrote: > Recently I did a fresh install and ...

What's OS 9.1 vs OS 9.2.2 ?
I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* I don't see any difference between my two Macs what are the differences / advantages between OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? Happy Trails, DaveC In article <goldfern-B1E441.01205809042004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, Dave <goldfern@kalama.com> wrote: > I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 > * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* > I don't see any difference between my two Macs > what are the differences / advantages between > OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? I wonder why the 7500/300 won't let you load 9.2.2? As far as I've seen, the big differences in the versions past 9.1 are all in order to make it play nicer with OS X. If OS X isn't an issue, I wouldn't worry about it. in article goldfern-B1E441.01205809042004@news-central.ash.giganews.com, Dave at goldfern@kalama.com wrote on 4/9/04 1:20 AM: > I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 > * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* > I don't see any difference between my two Macs > what are the differences / advantages between > OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? > Happy Trails, DaveC The 9.2.2 upgrade was just for G3s and G4 running Jaguar so that it could run any OS 9 apps in Classic mode. -- John Gentile Editor, Rhode Island Apple Group yjgent@cox.net RIAG Web page: www.wbwip.com/...

How to run .jar file in MAC OS 9.2.2?
Hi, I had install the MRJ2.2.5 (about 5mb) Then how used it to run the .jar file ? my .jar file is developed in PC that why it can't recognize the icon. Inside MRJ folder, it only got applet runner, I can't find the application runner? You probably can't. I'm not a Mac person, but I know that some of the reasons that forced Apple to throw out their old OS and start fresh with OS X, are the same reasons that modern versions of Java won't run on the classic Mac platform. In this specific situation, I believe that jar files could not be made executable until Java 2 (versi...

Distiller 4.05, Mac OS 9.2.2
Anyway to tell which joboption I used to create a particular PDF file? Barring that, anyway I can atleast tell the resolution (File Options)? Thanks, inez ...

4D 6.7 on Mac OS 9.2.2
Hello, Upgrading from Mac OS 9.0.4 to Mac OS 9.2.2 our 4D server 6.7, we have now some errors we never see before : error 12 and error saying that too many clients are connected to the server. Every time, we need to shutdown and restart the 4D server to be able to connect again. Thanks in advance. Regards sounds like the license are corrupted - assuming that there are really NOT to many users. I do recall some postings on the 4D NUG regarding 'ghost' clients. that is clients which had disconnected, but the server did not recognize that state. I do not know which v...

flight sims for G3/Mac OS 9.2.2
Hi all, I have a PowerBook G3/300 MHz and also a Power Mac G3 Desktop/266 Mhz (both loaded up with lots of RAM). Also have a CH Flightstick Pro ADB. Both systems are running Mac OS 9.2.2. What are the flight sims that are/were available for these "legacy" G3 systems? Any recommendations? Please advise.... manitoba wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a PowerBook G3/300 MHz and also a Power Mac G3 Desktop/266 Mhz > (both loaded up with lots of RAM). Also have a CH Flightstick Pro ADB. > > Both systems are running Mac OS 9.2.2. > > > W...

MyMusic CD cataloguer for Mac OS 9.2.2
I use MyMusic v2.5.3 in Mac OS 9 to catalogue my CD collection. However I recently had my hard drive crash and when attempting to download the program from the creater, Computer Dynamics (www.computer-dynamics.com), it appears they are no longer in business. If anyone out there also uses this program and have a copy of the installer, I would greatly appreciate you emailing it to me. Please contact me at Rainier_dhotmail.com and I can advise of an address that will accept the program attachment. Thanx in advance! ...

5.2.1 Crashes OS 9.2.2
Hi Came in this morning and Eudora 5.2.1 consistently freezing my Mac (Mac G4 1.25 GHz / 1 GB memory / Mac OS 9.2.2). It happens after a few munutes of use, or immediately when I doubl-click on a file in the mail folder. I've been using Eudora for years and recently upgraded to 5.2.1 Sponsored Mode due to intermittent crashing problems with 4.X. I really want to salvage all of my years of accumulated mail (currently backed up on another disk). Here's what I've tried, but it's still crashing: 1. Bare minimum of extensions enabled 2. Deleted all Eudora fi...

How do you burn a DATA DVD in OS 9.2.2? #2
How do you burn a DATA DVD in OS 9.2.2? TIA! ................................................................. Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<< -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=- In article <Quasar-AF495C.14275717032006@news.TITANnews.com>, Quasar X <Quasar@the.Sun> wrote: > How do you burn a DATA DVD in OS 9.2.2? I think that Toast 5.2.x runs under 9.2.2 (as well as OS X). What have you tried? Don't use the "DVD" setting;...

Web resources about - login failure in OS 9.2.2 - comp.sys.mac.system

Respiratory failure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Respiratory failure is inadequate gas exchange by the respiratory system , with the result that levels of arterial oxygen, carbon dioxide or ...

Government's IR agenda a failure
The Coalition under Tony Abbott and Malcolm Turnbull hasn't passed any significant industrial relations laws, in two and a half years, despite ...

Toyota recalls 2.9M SUVs for possible seat belt failure
Toyota said Thursday it is recalling nearly 2.9 million sports utility vehicles, including more than 1.1 million in the U.S., because of seat ...

Jeb Bush suspends campaign after South Carolina failure
Once the favourite for the Republican presidential nomination, former Florida governor bows out of the 2016 race.

Study finds that Android accounts for 85% of all device failures
... a bit deeper, it becomes apparent that the iPhone is still the smartphone to beat once we account for metrics such as reliability and failure ...

The Failure of Money to Buy the Presidential Nomination, in One Chart
Some of the campaigns that are spending the most are also doing the worst.

PrEP has first failure
... a virus that is resistant to both drugs included in Truvada. While this case is concerning, experts in the PrEP field suggest that such failures ...

BREAKING: Eight of 11 Surviving Obamacare Co-Ops Facing Failure
BREAKING: Eight of 11 Surviving Obamacare Co-Ops Facing Failure

No room for failure: How student debt impacts results
... allow me to take some risks I would never have been able to otherwise. It allowed me to fail. Not just once, but numerous times. And failure, ...

SB Nation Publishes, Deletes "Complete Failure" Of A Story About Convicted Rapist Cop Daniel Holtzclaw ...
This afternoon, SB Nation’s Longform vertical published 12,000 words on Daniel Holtzclaw, the former Oklahoma City police officer who was convicted ...