Mac mail app problems sending mail??

Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will
remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you
have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server
settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with
your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail>
Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set
authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the
mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few
more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the
authentication to "None" and the mail gets sent. What the hell is
going on???!?!?!!

ads8363 (14)