Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?

Hi,

I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac
OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run.
Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include
Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought
separately?

Peter

>Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include
>Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought
>separately?

If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use
the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install Classic.

If your computer does not have the ability to boot in Classic, it still
includes OS 9, most likely on a disk called "Additional Software."

http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

0
tacitr (1750)
11/2/2004 10:00:36 PM
<< I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac >>

Some people will jump down your throat here for using the word "emulate" when
referring to classic.

John
-------
http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve/
If more and more people complained to the authorities about Steve Walz then  he
may get the justice or the mental help he so desperately cries out for!