Mac OS X 10.2.8 Updater (Get It)

Just ran the software updater and got:

Friday, October 03, 2003 15:03:12 US/Central: Installed "Mac OS X
Update" (10.2.8)

No real docs but I assume it is the fixes from the 10.2.8 that was
pulled.
0
noemail11 (52)

In article <noemail-2A979F.15094503102003@central.isp.giganews.com>,
 aRKay <noemail@foobar.com> wrote:

> Just ran the software updater and got:
>
> Friday, October 03, 2003 15:03:12 US/Central: Installed "Mac OS X
> Update" (10.2.8)
>
> No real docs but I assume it is the fixes from the 10.2.8 that was
> pulled.

This will pop up, even if you already installed 10.2.8. The info box
says 'The 10.2.8 Update (Build 6R73) includes an updated ethernet driver
for 450MHz and 500MHz dual processor Power Mac G4 desktop systems and an
update to the battery status menu'.

--
AF
0
 not@here.com (twisted) wrote:

> everyone says this is available now, even for G5 Mac's that i'm using,
> but my Software Updater doesn't see it.. :-/

It's still not for G5s.

--
You are what you eat, therefore, I'm a vegetable!  Cows and chickens
and Pop Tarts are too.
> It's still not for G5s.

:-?  I'll have to pop back over to macrumors.com then, as i'm sure it
said there was a G5 version..
0
not32 (1022)
10/4/2003 1:29:38 PM
In article <howard-613AB3.09000104102003@enews.newsguy.com>,
 Howard Shubs <howard@shubs.net> wrote:

> It's still not for G5s.

Actually, there is a 10.2.8 for G5s only:

No idea why it doesn't show up in SU for the G5, but let's face it, this
10.2.8 update hasn't set a new standard in smoothness.

And it may not be over yet. Still, no problems to report here with it.

So far.

--
-John Steinberg
email: not@thistime.invalid

....And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.
                                 --Sir Bedevere
0
seesig (236)
10/4/2003 1:48:57 PM
In article <seesig-2BC9CB.09490604102003@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
 John Steinberg <seesig@bottom.invalid> wrote:

> Actually, there is a 10.2.8 for G5s only:
> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21090

Well, whip me with a noodle.

> No idea why it doesn't show up in SU for the G5, but let's face it, this
> 10.2.8 update hasn't set a new standard in smoothness.

True.  However, it's better than System 6.0.1... I think.

--
You are what you eat, therefore, I'm a vegetable!  Cows and chickens
and Pop Tarts are too.
0
howard578 (2138)
10/4/2003 4:30:16 PM
> Actually, there is a 10.2.8 for G5s only:
> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21090
>
> No idea why it doesn't show up in SU for the G5, but let's face it, this
> 10.2.8 update hasn't set a new standard in smoothness.
>
> And it may not be over yet. Still, no problems to report here with it.

i knew i was right.. but i'm not going to install it !
Maybe if it did show up on software updater, then i'd go and grab the
combo, but it isn't so i'm not! :-)

Using the original 10.2.8 on our iBook and have no troubles whatsoever
fwiw

Cheers
0
not32 (1022)