Mac OS X 10.3.9 to 10.3.8

Is there a way to go back from 10.3.9 to 10.3.8.  I have protools that
will not work in 10.3.9.  Any ideas?

thx

0
fromero (7)

<fromero@csudh.edu> wrote in message
> Is there a way to go back from 10.3.9 to 10.3.8.  I have protools that
> will not work in 10.3.9.  Any ideas?

Restore from the backup you made before you updated to 10.3.9, or reinstall
and update from your install CD.

Greg

0
getnews1 (2029)
1/24/2006 2:48:41 AM
How do yu restore from a backup on a mac?  Also, if I reinstall from
the CDs wont that remove my applications?

G.T. wrote:
> <fromero@csudh.edu> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to go back from 10.3.9 to 10.3.8.  I have protools that
> > will not work in 10.3.9.  Any ideas?
> >

> Restore from the backup you made before you updated to 10.3.9, or reinstall
> and update from your install CD.
>
> Greg

0
fromero (7)
1/24/2006 6:12:07 AM
fromero@csudh.edu wrote:
> How do yu restore from a backup on a mac?

Hopefully whatever application you used to backup has an easy restore
function.  There are many free or cheap utilites that can create
bootable backups.  I, and some others on this newsgroup, create bootable
backups before installing the latest update.  I still have a minimal
10.3.8 install if I find that I need to go back to it.

> Also, if I reinstall from
> the CDs wont that remove my applications?

Someone else here will have to answer that.  The only times I've
installed OS X was once each for 10.1.4, 10.2, and 10.3, and I did fresh
installs.  Any other times I've had problems I just reverted to my backup.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
<fromero@csudh.edu> wrote:

> How do yu restore from a backup on a mac?

Ahem. RTFM for the backup software...? Assuming you have backups?

> Also, if I reinstall from
> the CDs wont that remove my applications?

Not if you don't erase and install. DON'T!
Choose an Archive and install and you should be safe.
--
/Jon
For mail address, run the following in Terminal:
see_signature@mac.com.invalid (Jon) writes:

> <fromero@csudh.edu> wrote:
>> Also, if I reinstall from
>> the CDs wont that remove my applications?
>
> Not if you don't erase and install. DON'T!
> Choose an Archive and install and you should be safe.

The last time I tried it, the 'Archive and Install' option was not
available when installing an older version of the OS. Did that change
in the meantime?

Matthias

<fromero@csudh.edu> wrote:

> How do yu restore from a backup on a mac?

In general, you would use the same program you used to make the backup.

> Also, if I reinstall from the CDs wont that remove my applications?

Only if you go out of the way to select the Erase and Install option.
The default option when downgrading is Archive and Install, which leaves
all your applications in place, although some Application Support items
may need to be moved manually from the Library in the Previous Systems
folder.

--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://www.cafepress.com/macconsult,macconsult4> Mac-themed T-shirts
Matthias SCHROEDER <Matthias.Schroder@cern.ch> wrote:

> The last time I tried it, the 'Archive and Install' option was not
> available when installing an older version of the OS. Did that change
> in the meantime?

If the last time you tried it was with 10.1, then yes.  Apple changed it
with Jaguar.