Mail and attachments

I have noticed an odd bit of behavior with my system and forwarding
email that come in with attachments. I am running the latest version of
pretty much everything under OS X V10.3.2 on a G5.

When an email comes in with a bunch of jpg attachments mail opens them
up just fine in an in line display. When I forward the mail it gets
really strange. I found out because a couple of recipients took the time
to tell me about it. What seems to be happening is that mail duplicates
each of the jpg files as a tiff file. I saved one as a draft message and
then opened it up. The attachment list at the top showed 8 jpg
attachments which was correct. When I scrolled through the message,
however there were 8 tiff pictures followed by 8 jpg pictures. Needless
to say it increased the size of the message quite a bit. I can select
the tiff files and then delete them from the message and all is as it
should be.

I got the same results with a different message so the behavior is
consistent. Anybody have any ideas?

Bill

0
wleeper (143)