Mail.app on 10.3 won't render HTML

Just about the one thing that broke in my upgrade to Panther is that now
Mail.app won't render HTML properly. All I get is text with a lot of
URL's in between (though no HTML tags). I have the preference "Display
images and embedded objects in HTML messages" checked. I don't see any
other HTML-related preferences. Is there some preference file perhaps
that I should remove to start things over, so to speak?

Thanks.

Marty
zneglybcrm ng hpfq qbg rqh