Merry Christmas!

Since I'm nominally, if not a practicing, Christian, and all my
traditions come more or less from that sort of middle class North
American upbringing ...

			Merry Christmas!

Otherwise, best of the season, the holidays and so on - see [1] below.

--

[1] From us ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee")

Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes
for an environmentally- conscious, socially-responsible,
politically-correct, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral,
celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most
enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or
secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular
persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice
religious or secular traditions at all... and a financially-successful,
personally-fulfilling, and medically- uncomplicated recognition of the
onset of the generally-accepted calendar year 2001, but with due respect
for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having
regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious
faith, choice of computer platform, or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal;

This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall
be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the
wishor are acknowledged;

This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any
of the wishes;

This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the
restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain
jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor;

This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected
within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year
or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes
first;

The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of
this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the
wishor; and,

Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our
Saviour", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious,
dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in
respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced
third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

   - author unknown
0
Alan
12/24/2016 10:15:44 PM
comp.sys.mac.system 33446 articles. 2 followers. jfmezei.spamnot (9469) is leader. Post Follow

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 17:15:44 -0500, Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:

> Since I'm nominally, if not a practicing, Christian, and all my
> traditions come more or less from that sort of middle class North
> American upbringing ...

And Merry Christmas to you, Alan, and to all who celebrate it.  And for
those who celebrate something else or nothing at al this time of year,
best wishes to you and yours now and in the coming year.

Something tells me we are all going to need all the best wishes we can
get...
0
Tim