On December 22nd, Consumer Reports said it could not recommend the MacBook Pro

Apple working with Consumer Reports to pin down inconsistent MacBook Pro
battery test results

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/24/14074654/apple-consumer-reports-macbook-pro-battery-test

"On December 22nd, Consumer Reports said it could not recommend the MacBook
Pro"

CR saw the 13-inch MacBook Pro (with the Touch Bar) get results from 16
hours all the way down to less than 4 hours

Similarly, the 15-inch version saw results range from a ?that can?t be
right? 18.5 hours down to 8 hours.

CR concluded that it?s not a good idea to buy this laptop until we know
more about why these battery results are so inconsistent.
0
Gijs
12/24/2016 5:43:36 PM
comp.sys.mac.system 33446 articles. 2 followers. jfmezei.spamnot (9469) is leader. Post Follow

On 2016-12-24 12:43, Gijs Van Dijk wrote:

> CR saw the 13-inch MacBook Pro (with the Touch Bar) get results from 16
> hours all the way down to less than 4 hours

As modern chips get more and more dynamic power use by turning things on
and off, and Apple having cores that consume more power than others,
predicting battery life is becoming more of an art than science.

0
JF