OS X 10.2.3 to 10.2.8 Install Problems

I recently installed the OS 10.2.8 Update Combo onto a Mac G4, which
was previously running OS 10.2.3.  After installing the Update Combo,
I can't view anything on the computer?!?!?!?  I tried rebooting the
computer several times, but the computer just goes to a blank desktop
window.  No menu commands and desktop items are viewable.

I restarted the computer holding down the X key and rebooting from a
system disk, but nothing.  I tried reinstalling the system, but the
hard drive isn't present when trying to select a drive to install the
system onto.  I was able to run disk repair, but nothing happened.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem???

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosxupdatecombo_10_2_8.html
0
swsunwoo (1)

Have you tried booting from the Install Cd and then repairing permissions?
"Steve" <swsunwoo@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed the OS 10.2.8 Update Combo onto a Mac G4, which
> was previously running OS 10.2.3.  After installing the Update Combo,
> I can't view anything on the computer?!?!?!?  I tried rebooting the
> computer several times, but the computer just goes to a blank desktop
> window.  No menu commands and desktop items are viewable.
>
> I restarted the computer holding down the X key and rebooting from a
> system disk, but nothing.  I tried reinstalling the system, but the
> hard drive isn't present when trying to select a drive to install the
> system onto.  I was able to run disk repair, but nothing happened.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this problem???
>

> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosxupdatecombo_10_2_8.html

0
billw4 (4)