Phishing Attack?

I have a MacBook Pro running Yosemite. It's connected to the Internet
through a wireless server having password protection. Today, during a
Safari session, a window with the following information popped up:

  ****SYSTEM SECURITY AT RISK****

  Error Code HT201169

  Critical Security Warning!
  A serious attack has been detected.
  It seems your IP address is being accessed from different locations. A
  suspicious network is trying to access your logins, Banking details &
  tracking your internet activity.

  Contact Apple certified technicians immediately
  at +1-888-225-6662 (TollFree)

I suspect that this is bogus. Am I right? I've tried calling the
tollfree number but nobody answers. (I wasn't going to give them any
critical informaton.)

Charlie
--
Nobody in this country got rich on his own.  You built a factory--good.
But you moved your goods on roads we all paid for.  You hired workers we

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=888-225-6662

--
Below that, neutron star. Above it, black hole.
0
On 2016-12-24 03:13, Charles H. Sampson wrote:
> I have a MacBook Pro running Yosemite. It's connected to the Internet
> through a wireless server having password protection. Today, during a
> Safari session, a window with the following information popped up:
>
>   ****SYSTEM SECURITY AT RISK****
>

>   Error Code HT201169
>
>   Critical Security Warning!
>   A serious attack has been detected.
>   It seems your IP address is being accessed from different locations. A
>   suspicious network is trying to access your logins, Banking details &
>   tracking your internet activity.
>
>   Contact Apple certified technicians immediately
>   at +1-888-225-6662 (TollFree)
>
> I suspect that this is bogus. Am I right? I've tried calling the
> tollfree number but nobody answers. (I wasn't going to give them any
> critical informaton.)

Pure Phish.

--
"If war is God's way of teaching Americans geography, then
recession is His way of teaching everyone a little economics."
 "Auric__" <not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

> Charles H. Sampson wrote:
>
> > I have a MacBook Pro running Yosemite. It's connected to the Internet
> > through a wireless server having password protection. Today, during a
> > Safari session, a window with the following information popped up:
> >
> >   ****SYSTEM SECURITY AT RISK****
> >

> >   Error Code HT201169
> >
> >   Critical Security Warning!
> >   A serious attack has been detected.
> >   It seems your IP address is being accessed from different locations. A
> >   suspicious network is trying to access your logins, Banking details &
> >   tracking your internet activity.
> >
> >   Contact Apple certified technicians immediately
> >   at +1-888-225-6662 (TollFree)
> >
> > I suspect that this is bogus. Am I right? I've tried calling the
> > tollfree number but nobody answers. (I wasn't going to give them any
> > critical informaton.)
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=888-225-6662

....which brings up a nice looking answer that points you at people who
are likely behind this "virus".
0
Howard