Printer app stays open

Gang,
I've noticed lately that the printer app stays open after printing out
a document.  I don't remember it ever doing this before.  I recently
got a new computer and in so doing made the jump from Tiger to
Leopard--is this just a change in the OS?  If so, it's kind of
annoying.  Or could it be a side effect of using the Firewire Target
mode to transfer all of my settings and stuff over from the old
computer?  My old computer never did this, but you never know how prefs
from one version of the OS might work when applied to a new version.

Is there a way to set this so it will close automatically after a print
job is done?

TIA,
Dennis
0
ask (144)

I just found a thread from last June re. this, and a suggestion to
right click the printer app dock icon and select "Auto quit."  I'll
give that a try next time it happens.
0
ask (144)
9/11/2008 3:53:51 PM
In article <110920080853517861%ask@ifyouneedit.com>,
 Slipface <ask@ifyouneedit.com> wrote:

> I just found a thread from last June re. this, and a suggestion to
> right click the printer app dock icon and select "Auto quit."  I'll
> give that a try next time it happens.

Cool. I never thought of other than as an app that opened when you
printed something, and that you had to close yourself.
--
W. Oates
0
 Warren Oates <warren.oates@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <110920080853517861%ask@ifyouneedit.com>,
>  Slipface <ask@ifyouneedit.com> wrote:
>
> > I just found a thread from last June re. this, and a suggestion to
> > right click the printer app dock icon and select "Auto quit."  I'll
> > give that a try next time it happens.
>
> Cool. I never thought of other than as an app that opened when you
> printed something, and that you had to close yourself.

Strangely, I've had the opposite behaviour where I wanted the thing to
stay open after printing (I wanted to see why some jobs weren't actually
getting printed), but unless I was fast enough with the mouse it would
close automatically.

--
Paul Sture

com.sys.mac.apps
www.freeservice6.blogspot.com ...

Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store
Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it to even see how it works. The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes plug-in. However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up, such as nothing about how you use it. (At least the site's copyright date has been updated to 2012. :-) Thanks, Martin In article <my4nofjujd.fsf@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU>, Martin Frost me at invalid stanford daht edu <nospam@stanford.edu.invalid> wrote: > Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is > available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) > > It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in > iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it > to even see how it works. > > The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been > updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but > it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes > plug-in. However, there's remarkabl...

[Java-Printer]My printers are not senn by java apps
This problem apparently has nothing todo with Java applications : I am on Linux and apparently now any Java apps run do not see my printer list as handled by CUPS. Before it worked ; I think it has to do with the JDK installed ? Any ideas will be wellcome. Thanks. ...

Looking for used MAC system to learn MACs
Hello, I am looking for recommendations for a used MAC system that I can use to learn MACs. I have used Unix and Linux for the past 20 years, but I'd like to understand a little more about how they work. I have been looking at some used G4 and G5 systems, but not sure if these will be lame ducks. I would like to kick around at the prompt level to see how different it is from a normal Unix system , but I'd like to learn some of the apps and gui stuff too so I don't look like an idiot to friends. Any recommendations or help is welcomed. Thanks. Snoopy. In article <de47faa0-31c3-4c8f-b428-58cac4c0b3d6@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, <"snoopy_@excite.com"> wrote: > Hello, > I am looking for recommendations for a used MAC system that I can > use to learn MACs. I have used Unix and Linux for the past 20 years, > but I'd like to understand a little more about how they work. I have > been looking at some used G4 and G5 systems, but not sure if these > will be lame ducks. I would like to kick around at the prompt level > to see how different it is from a normal Unix system , but I'd like to > learn some of the apps and gui stuff too so I don't look like an idiot > to friends. Any recommendations or help is welcomed. Thanks. i'd suggest a refurbished intel based mac mini to get your feet wet. apple has them from time to time for as little as $400ish. despite nearly all software being univer...

Sort of a Mac app, really, it's for a Mac
I have a copy of Vista to install on my new MacBook Pro Duo, but I hesitate to do it, because my neighbors' wifis are always on (very convenient as a back-up to my DSL) and I fear the Windows partition being invaded by malware. Is there an anti-malware program I can download and install simultaneously with Vista? Exactly how do I do that or do the next best alternative to simultaneous installation? Am I being panicky? I haven't used any kind of a Windows program since SoftWindows 95, which was pure macware. --- ++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====++ ||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ@Wearthlink.net> || ||Arnoldo VIKTORO, Nov-jorkurbo, t. e., <arvimideQ@Wearthlink.net> || ||Remove capital letters from e-mail address for correct address/ || || Forigu majusklajn literojn el e-poŝta adreso por ĝusta adreso || ++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====++ NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse or protection. "arvimide@earthlink.net" <arvimide@earthlink.net> wrote: > I have a copy of Vista to install on my new MacBook Pro Duo, but I > hesitate to do it, because my neighbors' wifis are always on (very > convenient as a back-up to my DSL) and I fear the Window...

JOB OPENING: Unisys System Programmer / System Administrator
JOB OPENING in Atlanta, GA for a Unisys System Programmer / Administrator with OS-2200 exerience. This is a contract role with an excellent company. If you are interested, please contact me at kelly.hamilton@pyramidci.com or 678-514-3504. Description - Provide ongoing technical support and maintenance of production and development systems (both remote and onsite) and for configured services running on various platforms (operating within a defined operating model and processes) - Provide hardware/software support and implement technology at the operating system-level across all server and network areas, and for particular vendors/brands. Work includes L1 and L2 troubleshooting. =95 BA or BS in Computer Science, IT, or related discipline =95 Minimum 5 years experience configuring, installing, and aintaining Client systems software =95 Minimum 5 years experience performance tuning, capacity planning, and problem analysis and resolution with Client hardware (Dorado 8xx/ XPC-L) and system software (MCP/OS2200) =95 Minimum 5 years assembly language coding and testing on above mentioned platforms =95 Must be willing to work occasional evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays to perform production changes or meet project milestones =95 Must be willing to travel to other locations when required ...

System printer
I have an IBM 4247 that I think the motherboard is going out on. What printer would be recommended as a good replacement. I can connect the new printer via twinax, ethernet, or hang it off of a computer with CA Express. I'm just looking for a replacement that will be able to stand up to multiple years of printing 4 part multiforms. I'd say about 10,000+ pages a month. Burt Quaid If you want to stay with IBM, the the 65xx impact printers should do the trick. Burt wrote: > I have an IBM 4247 that I think the motherboard is going out on. What > printer would be recommended as a good replacement. I can connect the > new printer via twinax, ethernet, or hang it off of a computer with CA > Express. I'm just looking for a replacement that will be able to stand > up to multiple years of printing 4 part multiforms. I'd say about > 10,000+ pages a month. > > Burt Quaid > I don't need to stick with IBM but I will if they are the best fit. I just want to shop to see if there are any others that are worth a look. Kirk Goins wrote: > If you want to stay with IBM, the the 65xx impact printers should do the > trick. > > Burt IBM equipment does tend to be the best fit for impact printing (laser story v different) if your users are used to local writers rather than remote writer or if your printing needs are more advanced but these printers come at a price. You need to ask not only about the volumes and speeds but als...

Sys and System
Hi everyone, What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more powerful? If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I use to do the EXP? Regards Ujang Basically, sys owns the core database objects and system has almost every available privilege. Sys is more powerful. You should use system for full exports and imports. []=B4s ujangmz@gmail.com wrote: > Hi everyone, > > What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more > powerful? > > If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file > with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I > use to do the EXP? >=20 > Regards > Ujang marcus.rangel@gmail.com wrote: > Basically, sys owns the core database objects and system has almost > every available privilege. Sys is more powerful. You should use system > for full exports and imports. > > []=B4s > > > ujangmz@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > > > What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more > > powerful? > > > > If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file > > with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I > > use to do the EXP? > > > > Regards > > Ujang For the export any id with the export_full_da...

Access 2010: Staying on the same ribbon tab (have active tab stay open)
Hi, When I select something from a tab (form, report), the focus will switch back to the first tab after the form or report is closed. I'd like to have the active tab stay open until the user decides to click on another tab. I see in a book that there is code to set focus to a particular tab (gobjRibbon.ActivateTab "tabname") but I don't know where to put this. I certainly don't want to hard code it in every form (or report if that is possible). Any ideas? -paulw ...

Shared USB Printer Unresponsive (Mac OS X)
Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a really annoying issue with my shared USB printer (Lexmark Z23 via MacOS X 10.3.7). It seems that it will work normally for a few days and then suddenly be unresponsive to print requests from other machines on the network. On the machine it's directly connected to, I can see that it is "PRINTING" in the Print Center, but nothing happens UNTIL I restart that printer-connected Mac. Any idea how to solve this problem and have a 24/7 working print server? Thanks, -Wendell -- ph: 773.880.1282 fx: 866.805.2744 icq: 12107743 aim: zephyrwendell gg: 7116285 y!: zephyrwendell web: http://www.zephyrsyndicate.com ...

With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing se
With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing set to on. I am able to print from one Mac to another via sharing. What about the PC ? -- http://bergenbulldogradio.blogspot.com/ In article <il9Yg.1193$6D3.1191@trnddc01>, Marshall <notmkatzman@verizon.net> wrote: > With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my > PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. > Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing set to on. I am able to > print from one Mac to another via sharing. > What about the PC ? I looked at the System Preferences help on my Mac and this is what it says to do to get a Windows machine to access a Printer on your Mac that's set up for sharing. Hope this helps. "You can let Windows computers on your local network use any printer connected to your computer. If the Windows users install Bonjour for Windows, you can share your printer with them using Bonjour. To share a printer, open the Print & Fax preferences, then click sharing. Select the option to share printers and select the printers you want to share. Use the Bonjour Printer Wizard on the Windows computer to set up to print to your printer. Otherwise you can share your printer with Windows users by using SMB/CIFS, as described below. To share your printer with W...

Open source printer
Open source printer ------------------- Laser printers and color ink jet printers are more than 20 years old. Anyone should be able to pick up numerous printers that are more than 20 years old and make complete duplicates of those printers and sell them with Linux inside to make the printer engine. Make a fortune modifying the laser printer to take powder refill instead of cartridges. Make a fortune modifying the color printer to take bottles of ink directly from bottle through plastic tubing instead of taking it from cartridges that are bulky to move around. I'd love to help some project or the other out. Anyone interested out there? / doing something similar? 7 stated in post 0dsKq.167474$6J7.12709@newsfe08.ams2 on 12/27/11 4:07 PM: > Open source printer > ------------------- > > Laser printers and color ink jet printers > are more than 20 years old. > > Anyone should be able to pick up numerous printers > that are more than 20 years old and make complete > duplicates of those printers and sell them with > Linux inside to make the printer engine. > > Make a fortune modifying the laser printer to take powder > refill instead of cartridges. > > Make a fortune modifying the color printer to > take bottles of ink directly from bottle through > plastic tubing instead of taking it from cartridges > that are bulky to move around. > > I'd love to help some project or the other out. > > Anyone...

Open with... your online app
Hi, Wouldn't it be nice if you could double click on a, say, .doc file and it opens up in e.g. Google Docs? What I'm thinking of, and I am curious what other people think of this idea, is the following. More and more applications are running as online web apps. However, most of my files are offline and there will always be many off-line files; on your hard-disk, usb stick, manuals shipped with cd's, etcetera. The way to open them now is to launch your browser, go to your webapp, go to their upload page, and find your file. I have an idea to reduce this path to just "doubleclick the file". First of all I would like to know if other people think it would be handy too. There seem to be a couple of problems why this is not possible yet. OSes (at least windows) do not accept a url for a filetype association. Browsers have no commandline argument to upload a file. Websites do not advertise where to upload certain files. So, time to open up some possibilities! I am thinking of some specification or so, that defines the communication between browser and website to negotiate the file upload (maybe you need to log in first for example). Then if that works, there should be no reason whatsoever for operating systems to reject urls for filetype associations. Would people be interested in helping set this up? With kind regards, Paul In <38b9aaf4-c8af-4a5b-9d03-ae4bb4b06dbd@f10g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>, Paul wrote: > Hi, > > Wouldn't it b...

Printer System in Linux
Hi, =BFOld (legacy of Clipper) printer system Work in Linux Console Aplication? for sample: SET DEVICE TO PRINT @ 10,10 say "print Test" Eject SET DEVICE TO SCREEN If not work, how to print in linux? What libs are requiered? regards On Jun 29, 1:52 pm, ajbodoc <ajbo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > =BFOld (legacy of Clipper) printer system Work in Linux Console > Aplication? > > for sample: > SET DEVICE TO PRINT > @ 10,10 say "print Test" > Eject > SET DEVICE TO SCREEN > > If not work, how to print in linux? What libs are requiered? > > regards If you want to keep it simple SET DEVICE TO PRINT SET PRINT TO (cfilename) ..=2E.[generate the report] SET DEVICE TO SCREEN SET PRINTER TO //close printing file RUN (cexternal+" "+cfilename) //linux program xpp works for me stateroom wrote: > On Jun 29, 1:52 pm, ajbodoc <ajbo...@gmail.com> wrote: >> Hi, >> >> �Old (legacy of Clipper) printer system Work in Linux Console >> Aplication? >> >> for sample: >> SET DEVICE TO PRINT >> @ 10,10 say "print Test" >> Eject >> SET DEVICE TO SCREEN >> >> If not work, how to print in linux? What libs are requiered? >> >> regards > > If you want to keep it simple > > SET DEVICE TO PRINT > SET PRINT TO (cfilename) > ...[generate the report] > SET DEVICE TO SCREEN > SET PRINTER TO //clos...

SYS and SYSTEM password
Hi, I have just installed Oracle 9i Personal Edition on Windows 98 and am having a few problems with login privilages. When I intalled Oracle initially I was asked to change all passwords, which I did (including SYS and SYSTEM), but now only the SCOTT username works with the new password I set. Could anyone tell me what the SYS and SYSTEM passwords are defaulted to (do case make a difference). FYI I changed all passwords to be the same word - would this affect it? Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks in advance, Brendan. brendang wrote: > Hi, > > I have just installed Oracle 9i Personal Edition on Windows 98 and am > having a few problems with login privilages. When I intalled Oracle > initially I was asked to change all passwords, which I did (including > SYS and SYSTEM), but now only the SCOTT username works with the new > password I set. Could anyone tell me what the SYS and SYSTEM > passwords are defaulted to (do case make a difference). FYI I changed > all passwords to be the same word - would this affect it? Any ideas > would be appreciated. > thanks in advance, > Brendan. SYS/CHANGE_ON_INSTALL SYSTEM/MANAGER case does not matter > FYI I changed > all passwords to be the same word - would this affect it? No, both accounts can have the same password. Aside from checking for the defaults, just sign on to the database and change them! Fire up SQL*Plus as a member of the dba group and 'connect / as sysdba'....

What newsgroup app for the Mac?
I've been using Google Groups as a newsgroup reader, but have run into problems getting a post thru to a high activity newsgroup. I've been advised to go to a third party newsreader & tried OSXnews, but that app relies on Google to access UseNet. So, I'm thinking, if I can't have success with Google, then why go thru one app to get to another app that doesn't work. Can anyone out there advise a good, independent, preferably free, newsgroup reader for the Mac that doesn't rely on Google? In article <1179106721.096258.274880@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> wrote: > I've been using Google Groups as a newsgroup reader, but have run into > problems getting a post thru to a high activity newsgroup. I've been > advised to go to a third party newsreader & tried OSXnews, but that > app relies on Google to access UseNet. So, I'm thinking, if I can't > have success with Google, then why go thru one app to get to another > app that doesn't work. > > Can anyone out there advise a good, independent, preferably free, > newsgroup reader for the Mac that doesn't rely on Google? MT-Newswatcher -- m-m On 2007-05-13 20:38:41 -0500, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > I've been using Google Groups as a newsgroup reader, but have run into > problems getting a post thru to a high activity newsgroup. I've been > advised to go to a third party...

Cannot open any app in C55
I have returned from my holidays. My computer was switched off for this period. When I open any app in c55 the application hangs. What is the best way around this ? Thanks Reinstall c55 ...

Opening printer port.
Hi. I have a computer running a third party software (POS). The thing is this application opens the printer port and I need to use another program while the first one is still running. Since the other app has the printer port windows shows an error (path/file access error). Is there a way that two applications can share the printer port? Thanks for your help. William. williamrc@starmedia.com (Lizard King) wrote: >Hi. > >I have a computer running a third party software (POS). The thing is >this application opens the printer port and I need to use another >program while the first one is still running. >Since the other app has the printer port windows shows an error >(path/file access error). > >Is there a way that two applications can share the printer port? > >Thanks for your help. > >William. The port can't be shared. However, you can add a printer port by installing a parallel port card. The new printer port would be LPT2. More about me: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/ VB3 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vbsource.html VB6 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vb6source.html VB6 - MySQL how to: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/mysql.html My newest language - NSBasic for the Palm PDA: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/nsbsource.html Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras: http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbt/ johnecarter atat mindspring dotdot com. Fix the obvious to repl...

Open-Source Survey system
I *tried* googling on this topic but could not create a query that would get me what I am looking for. Does anyone know of an Open Source survey/questionnaire system? Like a CMS, but for surveys. Look at http://www.surveymonkey.com to see the kind of thing I am talking about. Something made with PHP would be nice (this *is* a PHP ng) but any Web-based survey creation system will do. Thanks! -- Jeffrey | Silverman jeffrey-AT-jhu-DOT-edu | Johns Hopkins University | Baltimore, MD (Spam Prevention: replace -AT- and -DOT- with @ and . respectively) Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jeffrey Silverman of comp.lang.php make plain: > Does anyone know of an Open Source survey/questionnaire system? Like a > CMS, but for surveys. > > Look at http://www.surveymonkey.com to see the kind of thing I am > talking about. That's an interesting application. I have a script of that type, but it's one of the first scripts I ever wrote, and have never updated it. Which is to say, it's written in PHP/FI. I've had a few requests over the years to upgrade it, and always said I would eventually, but if there's demand, perhaps I'll move it up on my todo list. -- Alan Little Phorm PHP Form Processor http://www.phorm.com/ ...

Opening a file in its relevant app
Hi I have a field with the full path and name of a document. How can I have the document open in its associated application; word, excel etc when user double clicks on the field? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >I have a field with the full path and name of a document. How can I have the >document open in its associated application; word, excel etc when user >double clicks on the field? See API: Start an app with ShellExecute (Q) How do I start the application which is registered to handle a file extension in Win Registry? http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm ...

Good Twitter App for Mac
i have searched a lot and i cant find a good twiiter app for mac, if anyone could help me it would be great. Thanks In article <1292375.74.1323262913516.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqiv14>, F�bio Trilho <fabiotrilhopereira@gmail.com> wrote: > i have searched a lot and i cant find a good twiiter app for mac, if anyone > could help me it would be great. > Thanks Which have you tried, and what didn't you like about them? -- Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me. E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM filter. Due to Google's refusal to prevent spammers from posting messages through their servers, I often ignore posts from Google Groups. Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts. JR In article <1292375.74.1323262913516.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqiv14>, Fábio Trilho <fabiotrilhopereira@gmail.com> wrote: > i have searched a lot and i cant find a good twiiter app for mac, if anyone > could help me it would be great. > Thanks What sort of "app" are you looking for? I'll admit I'm not a fan of Twitter, but when I was messing around with it, everything I needed seemed to be available on the website. I know that there are "power users" but I don't know much about their needs. -- .... do not cover a warm kettle or your stock may sour. -- Julia Child In article <1292375.74.1323262913516.JavaMail.geo-di...

Info with system tray apps
I successfully made a system tray application. When I do shut down the computer, how does the computer can instruct my application to shut down? For the moment, if I don't quit my application, system asks to kill an unresponsive task before shut sown. How does I make shut down run more correctly? Thank you Nicolas Poirier ...

How to minimize an app to system tray
Hello everyone. I want to know a few things in vb6. 1.How can we minimize an app to run in the system tray? 2.How can the drive letter and the OS type on which the app is being run be determined? 3.How can one know the drives and the drive letters for the comp on which the app is being run? Very grateful to those who can come up with some solution. Done any research? Try Randy's vbnet Google search. All of the things you mention are there. http://vbnet.mvps.org/search/main/google.html "Gawar1857" <gawar1857@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1cfe750b.0408080532.4c16dd1c@posting.google.com... > Hello everyone. > I want to know a few things in vb6. > 1.How can we minimize an app to run in the system tray? > 2.How can the drive letter and the OS type on which the app is being > run be determined? > 3.How can one know the drives and the drive letters for the comp on > which the app is being run? > > Very grateful to those who can come up with some solution. ...

open source killer app
Hi Forth-ward looking folk! Every several years I should mention that the 3-stack machine I stuck into the Linux kernel as an interpreter into kernelspace is in cLIeNUX/ interim, H3rL, Hohensee's 3-ring Linux. That's on linux01.gwdg.de/ ~rhohen . The reason I dropped by is to mention that I've written a 1000-line Bash script that walks John Q. Public through the process of editing thier paper ballot for an election. It prints a receipt with a UID generated by VUID=$RANDOM$RANDOM$RANDOM$RANDOM, and that receipt is tied to the ballot and a tally file of tab-delimited records that can be cat'ed into a national tally. validvote runs on Linux. I've carved Fedora down to a lean mean 1.9 gig. validvote could just as easily be a bootable Forth, which would perhaps make it a bit less scary from a security point of view. I believe elections are open source's killer app. I'm not so sure Bash is the killer language. The average Enth user could do a Forth validvote in a couple hours. validvote has been very well received by those who have seen it. Very well. There is a need for such a thing, to say the least. I'll post the script somewhere. An earlier version is in my blog, down a ways, at www.myspace.com/presidentbyamendment . Also of note every few years, the Forreal tarball in cLIeNUX/interim demonstrates Forreal Mode in my 80386 assembler in Bash. Forreal mode is, as far as I know, my discovery of 1/4 of the 386's mode-space, 32- bit unprote...

Open all directories
Some years ago I write a program called OpenAll. Bot only does it open the directories, you can also search for cert\in filetupes in them. Jochen -- ------------------------------------ The Roe Valley and Limavady Roe Valley News Browser http://roevalley.com ...

Web resources about - Printer app stays open - comp.sys.mac.system

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

This $99 device turns your phone into a 3D printer
VIDEO: It uses a special resin and the light from your screen. 3D printers can be pretty expensive, but a company called OLO has created a new ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Troll says he printed racist flyers on public printers at colleges
... the New York Times he was behind a wave of racist print jobs that hit universities across the US. (credit: pinguino k ) Public networked printers ...