Re: Classic Won't work with HP printer #2

--MS_Mac_OE_3192889244_2366392_MIME_Part

On 3/5/05, at 12:11 PM, Charles Dyer wrote:

<snip>
>>That said... you have a LJ4050. I _do_ hope that you don't have the USB
version, 'cause if you do, I suspect that you're screwed. If you have the
USB
version, I'd get the Direct Jet thing and put the printer on Ethernet.
You'll
have no trouble at all then. If you have the network version, well, frankly,
I'd need more data 'cause it should Just Work. Certainly HP printers
attached
via Ethernet Just Work around here. Plug 'em in, turn 'em on, install the
PPD, print. No muss, no fuss. (As long as you stay away from the never to be
sufficiently damned HP installers, that is. If you _do_ run HP's installers,
be sure to run Disk Utility and repair permissions immediately afterwards,
HP's installers _will_ screw up your permissions.)>>

Yes, I have a Direct Jet thing, and connect it by Ethernet.
Ed Kearns

--MS_Mac_OE_3192889244_2366392_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Classic Won't work with HP printer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
On 3/5/05, at 12:11 PM, Charles Dyer wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&lt;snip&gt;<BR>
&gt;<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">&gt;That said... you have a LJ4050. I _do_ hope t=
hat you don't have the USB <BR>
version, 'cause if you do, I suspect that you're screwed. If you have the U=
SB <BR>
version, I'd get the Direct Jet thing and put the printer on Ethernet. You'=
ll <BR>
have no trouble at all then. If you have the network version, well, frankly=
, <BR>
I'd need more data 'cause it should Just Work. Certainly HP printers attach=
ed <BR>
via Ethernet Just Work around here. Plug 'em in, turn 'em on, install the <=

PPD, print. No muss, no fuss. (As long as you stay away from the never to b=
e <BR>
sufficiently damned HP installers, that is. If you _do_ run HP's installers=
, <BR>
be sure to run Disk Utility and repair permissions immediately afterwards, =
<BR>
HP's installers _will_ screw up your permissions.)</FONT>&gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Yes, I have a Direct Jet thing, and connect it by Ethernet.<BR>
Ed Kearns<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3192889244_2366392_MIME_Part--

0
kearnser (70)

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:40:43 -0500, Ed Kearns wrote
(in article <BE4F9F9B.FEEA%kearnser@comcast.net>):

> On 3/5/05, at 12:11 PM, Charles Dyer wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>> That said... you have a LJ4050. I _do_ hope that you don't have the USB
> version, 'cause if you do, I suspect that you're screwed. If you have the
> USB
> version, I'd get the Direct Jet thing and put the printer on Ethernet.
> You'll
> have no trouble at all then. If you have the network version, well, frankly,
> I'd need more data 'cause it should Just Work. Certainly HP printers
> attached
> via Ethernet Just Work around here. Plug 'em in, turn 'em on, install the
> PPD, print. No muss, no fuss. (As long as you stay away from the never to be
> sufficiently damned HP installers, that is. If you _do_ run HP's installers,
> be sure to run Disk Utility and repair permissions immediately afterwards,
> HP's installers _will_ screw up your permissions.)>>
>
> Yes, I have a Direct Jet thing, and connect it by Ethernet.
> Ed Kearns

Well, now... I've got no idea what could be wrong. All the HPs around here
which connect via Ethernet don't have any problems anything like this.

--
We are Microsoft of Borg. You will be assimilated. Stability is irrelevant.
Where _you_ want to go to today is irrelevant. We will add your currency to

0
charlesd (460)