Re: Classic won't work with HP printer #4

--MS_Mac_OE_3193317062_2071922_MIME_Part

In <BE55B6F6.10154%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns  wrote:
> I downloaded HP's latest drivers for this printer (which in
> preparing to install, mentioned a "Classic" version it would install),
> and now can print from OS X, but still can't print from Classic.

>>on March 10, Tacit wrote:
Run a Classic program, select the Chooser from the Classic Apple menu,
and choose the printer.

I've done that, I choose the printer, then try to print, and it tells me
"..go to Chooser and select a printer."

If you have no option in the Classic Chooser to choose that printer, you
do not have the OS 9 drivers installed.

Yes, I know that, but I although I installed from HP's downloaded drivers,
it's not working. And why is it working on an identical printer and not this
one?

When you run Classic, it is helpful to think f it as a separate computer
and not connected with OS X at all. That means, among other things, you
still need to use the Chooser to print from a Classic program.>>

Yes, yes, I know that.

--MS_Mac_OE_3193317062_2071922_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Classic won't work with HP printer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">In &lt;BE55B6F6.10154%kearnser@comcast.net&gt;, Ed Ke=
arns &nbsp;wrote:<BR>
&gt; I downloaded HP's latest drivers for this printer (which in<BR>
&gt; preparing to install, mentioned a &quot;Classic&quot; version it would=
 install), <BR>
&gt; and now can print from OS X, but still can't print from Classic.<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<BR>
&gt;&gt;on March 10, Tacit wrote:<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008000">Run a Classic program, select the Chooser from the Cl=
assic Apple menu, <BR>
and choose the printer.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>I've done that, I choose the printer, then try to print, and it tell=
s me &quot;..go to Chooser and select a printer.&quot;<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008000"><BR>
If you have no option in the Classic Chooser to choose that printer, you <B=

do not have the OS 9 drivers installed.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>Yes, I know that, but I although I installed from HP's downloaded dr=
ivers, it's not working. And why is it working on an identical printer and n=
ot this one?<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008000"><BR>
When you run Classic, it is helpful to think f it as a separate computer <B=

and not connected with OS X at all. That means, among other things, you <BR=

still need to use the Chooser to print from a Classic program.&gt;&gt;<BR>
</FONT><BR>
Yes, yes, I know that.<BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3193317062_2071922_MIME_Part--

0
kearnser (70)

In article <BE5626C5.101A5%kearnser@comcast.net>,
 Ed Kearns <kearnser@comcast.net> wrote:

> In <BE55B6F6.10154%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns  wrote:
> > I downloaded HP's latest drivers for this printer (which in
> > preparing to install, mentioned a "Classic" version it would install),
> > and now can print from OS X, but still can't print from Classic.
>

> >>on March 10, Tacit wrote:
> Run a Classic program, select the Chooser from the Classic Apple menu,
> and choose the printer.
>

> I've done that, I choose the printer, then try to print, and it tells me
> "..go to Chooser and select a printer."
>
> If you have no option in the Classic Chooser to choose that printer, you
> do not have the OS 9 drivers installed.
>
> Yes, I know that, but I although I installed from HP's downloaded drivers,
> it's not working. And why is it working on an identical printer and not this
> one?
>
> When you run Classic, it is helpful to think f it as a separate computer
> and not connected with OS X at all. That means, among other things, you
> still need to use the Chooser to print from a Classic program.>>
>
> Yes, yes, I know that.

The only thing I can think of is that the printer isn't using a protocol
that MacOS 9 can figure out or that one of your MacOS 9 System
Extensions interferes with the HP drivers you've install.  Try booting
Classic with the extension manager (Under the Advanced menu) and start
the debugging process of "What extension is screwing this up".

Painful, but I don't see any other options for you at this point.
Unless you want to buy another printer, one that's supported.  That's
your call...

--
DeeDee, don't press that button!  DeeDee!  NO!  Dee...

0
vilain (1505)