SMB Error -43 Copying Files From Windows XP

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a network connection to a Windows XP PC from my
iBook, running OS X 10.2.8.

I can successfully connect to the PC from Finder | Go | Connect To Server.
Having mounted a share from my PC I can navigate through the directory
system without problems, and Preview opens up things like TXT or JPG files
from the PC happily.  However, if I try to copy a file from the PC to my
iBook it fails with the message:

"The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot
be found. (Error code -43)."

Does anyone have any ideas as what the problem is?  Let me know if you need
more info.

Thanks.

comp.sys.mac.system 33446 articles. 2 followers. jfmezei.spamnot (9469) is leader. Post Follow

>However, if I try to copy a file from the PC to my
iBook it fails with the message:

>"The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot
>be found. (Error code -43)." >><BR><BR>

Error -43 means "File Not Found." This error can occur when copying files from
a Windows server in one of two circumstances:

1. The file name or the path name (file plus the name of all the enclosing
folders) contains an "illegal" character not permitted in a Mac filename.
Usually, the culprit is a ":" character; for example, you'll see this error if
you try to copy a file from a folder named something like "boston:pictures".

2. The full path name--the name of the file plus all its enclosing folders--is
too long. Try changing the name of the folders, or moving the file up in the
folder hierarchy, and see if that helps.

http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

-1
tacitr (1750)