UserEventAgent running high CPU non-stop

Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
(82%) non-stop.

I force quit it but it gets restored.  Launchd is also running high CPU
(73%) with cfprefsd coming up at 31%.  mds_stores is at 26%.  Kernel has
21% (called by the others, I expect)

I rebooted and that kept things calm for a couple days, I just started
(woke from sleep) the computer up and it's off to the races.

Nothing obvious in Console.

Logging out and back in did not fix it.

Logging out, into admin (doesn't show there), log out.  Log back into my
user account .... boom there it is.

Various forums have various fixes which either have no effect or do not
work at all (eg: remove a particular plugin from a system folder - not
permitted under 10.11...).

Re-booted again.  Gone.

I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with shitty luck."
               ..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02

Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:
> Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
> (82%) non-stop.
>
> I force quit it but it gets restored.  Launchd is also running high CPU
> (73%) with cfprefsd coming up at 31%.  mds_stores is at 26%.  Kernel has
> 21% (called by the others, I expect)
>
> I rebooted and that kept things calm for a couple days, I just started
> (woke from sleep) the computer up and it's off to the races.
>
> Nothing obvious in Console.
>
> Logging out and back in did not fix it.
>
> Logging out, into admin (doesn't show there), log out.  Log back into my
> user account .... boom there it is.
>
> Various forums have various fixes which either have no effect or do not
> work at all (eg: remove a particular plugin from a system folder - not
> permitted under 10.11...).
>
> Re-booted again.  Gone.
>
> I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
> know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.

Any processes with "UserEvent" in the path are suspect. Start there. Also
check the logs for mention of the same phrase.

JR
0
Jolly
1/4/2016 1:01:01 AM
On 1/3/16 6:37 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
> (82%) non-stop.
>
> I force quit it but it gets restored.  Launchd is also running high CPU
> (73%) with cfprefsd coming up at 31%.  mds_stores is at 26%.  Kernel has
> 21% (called by the others, I expect)
>
> I rebooted and that kept things calm for a couple days, I just started
> (woke from sleep) the computer up and it's off to the races.
>
> Nothing obvious in Console.
>
> Logging out and back in did not fix it.
>
> Logging out, into admin (doesn't show there), log out.  Log back into my
> user account .... boom there it is.
>
> Various forums have various fixes which either have no effect or do not
> work at all (eg: remove a particular plugin from a system folder - not
> permitted under 10.11...).
>
> Re-booted again.  Gone.
>
> I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
> know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.

If it happened to me, I'd start unplugging input devices.  If that
didn't work, I'd wonder about third-party drivers.
0
John
1/4/2016 1:01:01 AM
On 2016-01-04 01:31, Jolly Roger wrote:
> Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:
>> Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
>> (82%) non-stop.
>>
>> I force quit it but it gets restored.  Launchd is also running high CPU
>> (73%) with cfprefsd coming up at 31%.  mds_stores is at 26%.  Kernel has
>> 21% (called by the others, I expect)
>>
>> I rebooted and that kept things calm for a couple days, I just started
>> (woke from sleep) the computer up and it's off to the races.
>>
>> Nothing obvious in Console.
>>
>> Logging out and back in did not fix it.
>>
>> Logging out, into admin (doesn't show there), log out.  Log back into my
>> user account .... boom there it is.
>>
>> Various forums have various fixes which either have no effect or do not
>> work at all (eg: remove a particular plugin from a system folder - not
>> permitted under 10.11...).
>>
>> Re-booted again.  Gone.
>>
>> I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
>> know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.
>
> Any processes with "UserEvent" in the path are suspect. Start there. Also

Suspect in what way?

> check the logs for mention of the same phrase.

Nothing that I can see via Console.

lsof'd everything with UserEvent and got a shit load.  Saved that as a
reference to a .txt file.  If it goes A/S again I'll see if anything new
has popped up.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with shitty luck."
               ..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
0
Alan
1/4/2016 8:32:11 PM
On 2016-01-04 03:49, John Somerset wrote:
> On 1/3/16 6:37 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
>> Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
>> (82%) non-stop.
>>
>> I force quit it but it gets restored.  Launchd is also running high CPU
>> (73%) with cfprefsd coming up at 31%.  mds_stores is at 26%.  Kernel has
>> 21% (called by the others, I expect)
>>
>> I rebooted and that kept things calm for a couple days, I just started
>> (woke from sleep) the computer up and it's off to the races.
>>
>> Nothing obvious in Console.
>>
>> Logging out and back in did not fix it.
>>
>> Logging out, into admin (doesn't show there), log out.  Log back into my
>> user account .... boom there it is.
>>
>> Various forums have various fixes which either have no effect or do not
>> work at all (eg: remove a particular plugin from a system folder - not
>> permitted under 10.11...).
>>
>> Re-booted again.  Gone.
>>
>> I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
>> know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.
>>
> If it happened to me, I'd start unplugging input devices.  If that

I haven't changed anything other than re-connecting the UPS (I'd
disconnected it while doing other tests about a month ago and forgot to
plug it back in until 2 days ago (between the 2 events I've mentioned)).

> didn't work, I'd wonder about third-party drivers.

I always do.  OTOH I haven't installed anything new of late.  Most
suspect right now is the 10.11.2 update and other Apple updates.

Another suspect may be some parallel processing experiments I've been
doing, but there's nothing important about that so I won't run those
programs for a while and see if that calms things.  If they stay calm
then I'll try them again to see if it pops up.  (That said nothing in my
source code or the source code for the units I used for PP does
UserEvent signalling that I can see).

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with shitty luck."
               ..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
0
Alan
1/4/2016 8:39:39 PM
On 2016-01-04, Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:
> On 2016-01-04 01:31, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:
>>> Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
>>> (82%) non-stop.
>>
>> Any processes with "UserEvent" in the path are suspect. Start there. Also
>
> Suspect in what way?

One of those processes may be causing the issue you have described.

JR
0
Jolly
1/4/2016 9:24:36 PM
On 2016-01-04 16:24, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2016-01-04, Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any processes with "UserEvent" in the path are suspect. Start there. Also
>>
>> Suspect in what way?
>
> One of those processes may be causing the issue you have described.

I was hoping there was something specific.  Searching around the web
hasn't revealed much, alas.

I'll snapshot the ActMon info next time as well.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with shitty luck."
               ..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
0
Alan
1/4/2016 9:49:42 PM
On 1/4/16 3:39 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2016-01-04 03:49, John Somerset wrote:

>>> I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
>>> know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.
>>>
>> If it happened to me, I'd start unplugging input devices.  If that
>
> I haven't changed anything other than re-connecting the UPS (I'd
> disconnected it while doing other tests about a month ago and forgot to
> plug it back in until 2 days ago (between the 2 events I've mentioned)).

When I think "user event," I think of keyboards and mice.  That's why
I'd shoot from the hip and try unplugging them in case it's some sort of
electrical mischief.

If it never ever happened with another account, maybe software in the
user library is incompatible with the latest OS update. I've read that
third-party audio plugins have caused the problem.
0
John
1/4/2016 10:01:18 PM
Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:
> On 2016-01-04 16:24, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> Suspect in what way?
>>
>> One of those processes may be causing the issue you have described.
>
> I was hoping there was something specific.  Searching around the web
> hasn't revealed much, alas.

A quick search showed me several potential offenders including misbehaving
USB input device drivers.

JR
0
Jolly
1/4/2016 10:07:44 PM
On 2016-01-03 18:37, Alan Browne wrote:
> Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
> (82%) non-stop.
>
> I force quit it but it gets restored.  Launchd is also running high CPU
> (73%) with cfprefsd coming up at 31%.  mds_stores is at 26%.  Kernel has
> 21% (called by the others, I expect)
>
> I rebooted and that kept things calm for a couple days, I just started
> (woke from sleep) the computer up and it's off to the races.
>
> Nothing obvious in Console.
>
> Logging out and back in did not fix it.
>
> Logging out, into admin (doesn't show there), log out.  Log back into my
> user account .... boom there it is.
>
> Various forums have various fixes which either have no effect or do not
> work at all (eg: remove a particular plugin from a system folder - not
> permitted under 10.11...).
>
> Re-booted again.  Gone.
>
> I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
> know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.

Just started again.  Rules out my parallel processing experiments (which
haven't run in this boot cycle about 4 days along ...).

Note also that it's writing to disk at some 1.2 MB/s.  Note that
mds_stores was running at a good clip 27%.

Just now ... as I'm writing this it's returned to normal low CPU use.

I suspect the culprit was simply mds in the end.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with shitty luck."
               ..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
0
Alan
1/12/2016 9:29:01 PM
On 1/12/16 4:29 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2016-01-03 18:37, Alan Browne wrote:
>> Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
>> (82%) non-stop.
>>
>> I force quit it but it gets restored.  Launchd is also running high CPU
>> (73%) with cfprefsd coming up at 31%.  mds_stores is at 26%.  Kernel has
>> 21% (called by the others, I expect)
>>
>> I rebooted and that kept things calm for a couple days, I just started
>> (woke from sleep) the computer up and it's off to the races.
>>
>> Nothing obvious in Console.
>>
>> Logging out and back in did not fix it.
>>
>> Logging out, into admin (doesn't show there), log out.  Log back into my
>> user account .... boom there it is.
>>
>> Various forums have various fixes which either have no effect or do not
>> work at all (eg: remove a particular plugin from a system folder - not
>> permitted under 10.11...).
>>
>> Re-booted again.  Gone.
>>
>> I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
>> know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.
>
> Just started again.  Rules out my parallel processing experiments (which
> haven't run in this boot cycle about 4 days along ...).
>
> Note also that it's writing to disk at some 1.2 MB/s.  Note that
> mds_stores was running at a good clip 27%.
>
> Just now ... as I'm writing this it's returned to normal low CPU use.
>
> I suspect the culprit was simply mds in the end.

For some time, mds has stayed busy for several minutes after I boot. I
don't know if spotlight does more than it used to, or if I have a
corrupted file.

For me, UserEventAgent doesn't get involved.
0
John
1/13/2016 12:46:50 AM
On 2016-01-12 19:46, John Somerset wrote:
> On 1/12/16 4:29 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
>> On 2016-01-03 18:37, Alan Browne wrote:
>>> Twice in the last week, UserEventAgent has gone wild running high CPU
>>> (82%) non-stop.
>>>
>>> I force quit it but it gets restored.  Launchd is also running high CPU
>>> (73%) with cfprefsd coming up at 31%.  mds_stores is at 26%.  Kernel has
>>> 21% (called by the others, I expect)
>>>
>>> I rebooted and that kept things calm for a couple days, I just started
>>> (woke from sleep) the computer up and it's off to the races.
>>>
>>> Nothing obvious in Console.
>>>
>>> Logging out and back in did not fix it.
>>>
>>> Logging out, into admin (doesn't show there), log out.  Log back into my
>>> user account .... boom there it is.
>>>
>>> Various forums have various fixes which either have no effect or do not
>>> work at all (eg: remove a particular plugin from a system folder - not
>>> permitted under 10.11...).
>>>
>>> Re-booted again.  Gone.
>>>
>>> I'll try to keep track of what might be causing this - the only thing I
>>> know is it is not related to anything immediate that I do.
>>
>> Just started again.  Rules out my parallel processing experiments (which
>> haven't run in this boot cycle about 4 days along ...).
>>
>> Note also that it's writing to disk at some 1.2 MB/s.  Note that
>> mds_stores was running at a good clip 27%.
>>
>> Just now ... as I'm writing this it's returned to normal low CPU use.
>>
>> I suspect the culprit was simply mds in the end.
>>
> For some time, mds has stayed busy for several minutes after I boot. I
> don't know if spotlight does more than it used to, or if I have a
> corrupted file.
>
> For me, UserEventAgent doesn't get involved.

Several processes all seem to be involved in the large CPU drain as
listed in the OP including UserEventAgent - it was just the top draining
process.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with shitty luck."
               ..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
0
Alan
1/13/2016 2:18:47 AM
On 1/12/16 9:18 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2016-01-12 19:46, John Somerset wrote:

>>> Just started again.  Rules out my parallel processing experiments (which
>>> haven't run in this boot cycle about 4 days along ...).
>>>
>>> Note also that it's writing to disk at some 1.2 MB/s.  Note that
>>> mds_stores was running at a good clip 27%.
>>>
>>> Just now ... as I'm writing this it's returned to normal low CPU use.
>>>
>>> I suspect the culprit was simply mds in the end.
>>>
>> For some time, mds has stayed busy for several minutes after I boot. I
>> don't know if spotlight does more than it used to, or if I have a
>> corrupted file.
>>
>> For me, UserEventAgent doesn't get involved.
>
> Several processes all seem to be involved in the large CPU drain as
> listed in the OP including UserEventAgent - it was just the top draining
> process.

<http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/usereventagent-went-mental-proof-el-capitan-need-repair-permissions.1931189/>

This user found that UserEventAgent went wild because update 10.11.1
failed to update permissions for his Wacom driver.
0
John
1/13/2016 2:55:13 AM
On 2016-01-12 21:55, John Somerset wrote:
> On 1/12/16 9:18 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

>> Several processes all seem to be involved in the large CPU drain as
>> listed in the OP including UserEventAgent - it was just the top draining
>> process.
>>
> <http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/usereventagent-went-mental-proof-el-capitan-need-repair-permissions.1931189/>
>

> This user found that UserEventAgent went wild because update 10.11.1
> failed to update permissions for his Wacom driver.

The sole correlation I see to date is with mds.  If that's all it is, I
can live with it from time to time.  Though a full scan every few days
seems excessive .... OTOH I didn't let the previous two passes complete.

I'll report back as may be needed....

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with shitty luck."
               ..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
0
Alan
1/14/2016 1:14:54 AM
On 1/13/16 8:14 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2016-01-12 21:55, John Somerset wrote:
>> On 1/12/16 9:18 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
>
>>> Several processes all seem to be involved in the large CPU drain as
>>> listed in the OP including UserEventAgent - it was just the top draining
>>> process.
>>>
>> <http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/usereventagent-went-mental-proof-el-capitan-need-repair-permissions.1931189/>
>>

>> This user found that UserEventAgent went wild because update 10.11.1
>> failed to update permissions for his Wacom driver.
>
> The sole correlation I see to date is with mds.  If that's all it is, I
> can live with it from time to time.  Though a full scan every few days
> seems excessive .... OTOH I didn't let the previous two passes complete.
>
> I'll report back as may be needed....

I thought the advice about tracking it down was interesting. I don't
know if you have a Wacom device, but in the Apple Support forums, they
say Wacom has an updated driver to fix the problem.

Another user who had problems with UserEventAgent and mds stores, was
advised by Apple to disconnect his Time Machine drive. That worked, and
there was no problem when he used another drive for Time Machine. Maybe
a drive used for some other purpose could also cause it.

The forum has other topics about UserEventAgent trouble.
0
John

ThinkPadA31p CPU Cooling Fan runs non stop
Hi Everyone, I'm having problem in ThinkPad A31p with Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor (2GHz). The processor cooling fan runs non stop even when frequency (temperature) of the CPU drops down. Fan starts few seconds after starting the computer and runs constantly until system shutdown. I have installed Win XP SP2 system on this computer. Previously I had TP A30 with Mobile Intel 1GHz (Win 2k) where CPU cooling fan was adjusting its RPM based on the CPU frequency (temperature) Is it a hardware problem or any additional driver will solve the problem in my TP A31p? Any help or su...

High system cpu (vs. user cpu)
One of our 9.2.0.6 databases running on RedHat 4.0 has been using a lot of 'system' cpu today. 12:48:22 PM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %irq %soft %idle intr/s 12:48:24 PM all 47.07 0.00 47.69 0.00 0.25 3.00 2.00 6767.84 12:48:26 PM all 44.25 0.00 50.88 0.00 0.25 3.12 1.50 6765.17 12:48:28 PM all 45.58 0.00 49.94 0.00 0.50 2.74 1.25 7071.00 12:48:30 PM all 46.88 0.00 47.63 0.00 0.50 3.37 1.62 7268.66 All of our db's use MTS, but what's weird (and unique) about this one, is that it has ...

high sys cpu on cpu# based on mpstat, but if using prstat -Lm -P 7, little cpu is used
The following prstat show little cpu is used on CPU 7# test$> prstat -Lm -P 7 PID USERNAME USR SYS TRP TFL DFL LCK SLP LAT VCX ICX SCL SIG PROCESS/LWPID 4020 oracle 6.0 1.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 2.4 90 0.2 2K 33 18K 0 mysqld/ 9 417 root 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 100 0.0 12 0 60 6 in.mpathd/1 4020 oracle 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 100 0.0 6 0 55 0 mysqld/ 1 1022 root 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 100 0.0 0 0 0 0 lcfd/1 843 root 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 fmd/18 879 root 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 syslogd/52...

High SYS cpu usage and high intr in mpstat
I'am having a high SYS cpu usage on one of my servers. These are the details. uname -a SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-21 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R psrinfo 0 on-line since 10/23/06 10:59:17 1 on-line since 10/23/06 10:59:18 sar 12:43:04 %usr %sys %wio %idle 12:43:05 0 51 1 48 12:43:06 0 50 0 50 mpstat CPU minf mjf xcal intr ithr csw icsw migr smtx srw syscl usr sys wt idl 0 0 0 318 610 509 0 0 0 33 0 0 0 100 0 0 1 1 0 2 497908 298 502 8 0 32 0 360 0...

High run queue, high idle cpu percentage
Hey - I have a werid situation: vmstat shows high r (always r>0, sometimes r>10), but id > 90%. The rest of the values are nominal. Any thoughts on this? kthr memory page faults cpu ----- ----------- ------------------------ ------------ ----------- r b avm fre re pi po fr sr cy in sy cs us sy id wa 1 4 2255490 4077584 0 0 0 67 184 0 668 2521 706 11 2 83 4 3 1 2257699 4075363 0 0 0 0 0 0 721 5420 849 58 9 31 1 2 0 2268197 4064791 0 0 0 0 0 0 973 7567 1480 54 5 40 2 2 0 2268...

High run queue, high idle cpu percentage
I have 4-way where vmstat is showing high run queues, but also showing high idle cpu precentage. The rest of the values appear nominal. Any thoughts? vmstat 5 | sed '1,20d' kthr memory page faults cpu ----- ----------- ------------------------ ------------ ----------- r b avm fre re pi po fr sr cy in sy cs us sy id wa 14 0 2232991 1471674 0 0 0 0 0 0 617 10137 554 4 1 94 1 1 0 2236672 1467938 0 0 0 0 0 0 670 3745 774 6 1 92 1 5 0 2234160 1470396 0 0 0 0 0 0 538 2408 440 12 ...

is it possible to run oracle server as non-root, non-system process?
I'm trying to setup a small oracle server as part of my java junit test pro= cess, because the commonly-used hsqldb lacks many oracle features, and it's= very hard to mock out all those little operations in my ORM library. I downloaded the Oracle package, untarred to local, changed a bunch of sett= ings in the .ora, .sh scripts to point to my local dir. I started the server by bash -x ./etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure when it tries to run the startdb.sql , it gave me some errors: /home/myuser/oracle/install//u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/bin/sqlplus -= s /nolog @/ho...

3524 running at high cpu
I have a remote site that has a 3524 that runs constantly over 40% cpu. There are less than 10 people at this site and it doesn't generate a whole lot of traffic. Any reason why you think this might be happening? Anything specifically that I should be looking at? I've reloaded the switch and it still goes back up to over 40% cpu usage. The output from "show process cpu" might help better determine what is going on. Please provide that if you can. Cisco da Gama http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com see Cisco doc: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/product...

high system CPU usage
This is on an idle system, a W2100z running an OpenSolaris build-24 kernel. (DEBUG). I think I had the same problem with the Nevada build that was on the box before. One of the CPUs is all bound up with system usage. I *know* this is a job for DTrace, but I'm not yet savvy enough to work out exactly what to do with it. (I've only previously studied the behaviour of applications.) Here's what the standard tools tell me. First vmstat: 0 0 0 2220160 1387472 0 73 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 26000 1436 25997 2 39 60 0 0 0 2220160 1387476 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 25945 1589 259...

Running X windowing system on Mac
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3166440513_1071842 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi, I am running the X-windows app on my mac (PB G4 running Panther) and was wondering where one goes to change the default shell for a given user. Thanks in advance --B_3166440513_1071842 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Running X window...

Should tests run on a two CPU system?
Is it necessary for QA to run multithreaded programms on systems with two CPU's and separate Caches or will one Dualcore CPU be enough for the usual posix thread based Apps? On Nov 30, 7:41 pm, llothar <llot...@web.de> wrote: > Is it necessary for QA to run multithreaded programms on systems with > two CPU's and separate Caches or will one Dualcore CPU be enough for > the usual posix thread based Apps? The answer to that is specific to the system you're working on. FWIW, in the case of x86, a dual core CPU should be enough much of the time. All dual core CPUs h...

futex high sys cpu utilization
Hi,=20 In my c++ (Linux) application I am seeing high CPU utilization (almost 90%)= and it that sys-cpu:user-cpu ratio is 8:2. I then tried to run =93strace= =94 command and found that around 80% of time is being spent in =93futex=94= system call, please see snippet of strace here:=20 % time seconds usecs/call calls errors syscall=20 ------ ----------- ----------- --------- --------- ----------------=20 80.66 100.007743 1567 63806 22761 futex=20 9.15 11.340274 96925 117 4 restart_syscall=20 5.60 6.939598 4401 ...

Create Run And Stop Buttons on Front Panel, rather than using the toolbar run/stop
I would like to make my vi more user friendly by creating start and stop buttons on the front panel. I havent found much info on how to create them. I have created a boolean stop button to stop my FOR LOOP. -Chris Creating the buttons is easy - just select the style you want from the Boolean palette. What you need to do is change your diagram and the VI properties. To have a VI automatically start running when opened, open VI Properties by selecting that under the File menu or right clicking the VI's icon. Select Execution and check the Run when opened box. If you need the user to ente...

Running LV7.0 on dual cpu system
Would Labview take advantage of the 2nd cpu in a windows2000 system? Or will it just run all threads under one cpu and let the other cpu be idle? Would it also distribute the various threads amongst the two cpu's ? LV will adapt its execution engines to multiple processors. This will begin to take advantage of multiple processors, but if the dataflow sequences things into a single chain of computations, then it will basically move the computation to one processor and the UI to the other. You should become familiar with application Note 114 called Using LabVIEW to Create Multithreaded VIs...

Web resources about - UserEventAgent running high CPU non-stop - comp.sys.mac.system

MacBook Pro - MacRumors Forums
professional and prosumer laptops