Change Default Printer Setting?

I'd like to change the default printer setting "Print Quality" from Normal
to Fast Draft.  How is this done?  Option-Select'ing the menu choice doesn't
seem to work.  Or is it different for every printer driver?  In other words,
should I be calling HP?

Stu
(who hopes you are all well)

NP: When It Was Now by Weather Report

0
stumark (33)
9/28/2005 11:58:45 PM
comp.sys.mac 1198 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

G'day Stu,

A bit more info (type of Mac, what OS (9? 10.2.x? 10.3.x? 10.4?) and
what type of HP printer would help generate more help ...

But still, I have a G3 iMac running 10.3.9, with an HP psc 1210. Nothing
I could do would change the defaults - I blame it on HP's driver.

So, I went to linuxprinting.org ... they have an OS X section that deals
with using CUPS, ESP Ghostscript, Foomatic and open source HP drivers.

They're relatively easy to install, give you more output options, and
remember default settings.

Between that and Vuescan, I've disabled the HP stuff that came with the
printer (and was subsequently updated via their website).

AN added bonus is that the printer is now shareable across my home
network (so the wife can print wirelessly from her iBook!).

Hope this helps,

Mikey Mike

In article <BF607C43.1CF24%stumark@earthlink.net>,
 Stu Mark <stumark@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'd like to change the default printer setting "Print Quality" from Normal
> to Fast Draft.  How is this done?  Option-Select'ing the menu choice doesn't
> seem to work.  Or is it different for every printer driver?  In other words,
> should I be calling HP?
>
> Stu
> (who hopes you are all well)
>
> NP: When It Was Now by Weather Report