Mac sucks

Alert, Macs sucks. To repair your system please follow this link:

www.microsoft.com
0
mesmtp (1)
5/23/2005 5:20:28 PM
comp.sys.mac 1198 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

BOBLA wrote:
> Alert, Macs sucks. To repair your system please follow this link:
>
> www.microsoft.com

Erm, for your info Microsoft don't make computers.
Also, please list all the problems you have found with the mac you are
using, unless of course you are just a troll?

Shard...

---
just a troll.

--
Zammy-Sa

*iBook* 600; 12''; 640mb; 8mb Rage; DVD-CDRW-Combo, 20GB
P4 1.6; 2x80GB Raid1 (file-server)
*tiBook* 1Ghz, Superdrive, 768MB, 64mb 9000, 60GB

cats desire to scratch furniture is directly proportional to the cos
of the furniture.
cats interest level will vary in inverse proportion to the amount o
effort human expend in trying to interest him.
cats are composed of matter + anti-matter + it doesn't matter.
they're tiny little women in cheap fur coats!
Zammy-Sam's Profile: http://www.macosx.com/forums/member.php?userid=656
View this thread: http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11633
macosx.com - The Answer to Mac Support - http://www.macosx.co

"Shardar" <shardar@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> BOBLA wrote:
>> Alert, Macs sucks. To repair your system please follow this link:
>>
>> www.microsoft.com
>
> Erm, for your info Microsoft don't make computers.
> Also, please list all the problems you have found with the mac you are
> using, unless of course you are just a troll?

Well how about I start... Using an iMac G5 with OSX there is no way to init
the modem to pick up distinctive ring calls (eg SDR=4 does NOT work). Unlike
even the cheapest, crappiest PC modems....

Apart from that, it's a great machine :-)

Cheers
David M

0
news5156 (10)
5/24/2005 9:21:47 AM
Davidm wrote:
> "Shardar" <shardar@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
>
>>BOBLA wrote:
>>
>>>Alert, Macs sucks. To repair your system please follow this link:
>>>
>>>www.microsoft.com
>>
>>Erm, for your info Microsoft don't make computers.
>>Also, please list all the problems you have found with the mac you are
>>using, unless of course you are just a troll?
>

> Well how about I start... Using an iMac G5 with OSX there is no way to init
> the modem to pick up distinctive ring calls (eg SDR=4 does NOT work). Unlike
> even the cheapest, crappiest PC modems....
>
> Apart from that, it's a great machine :-)
>
> Cheers
> David M

who the fuck cares - go get some sort of broadband connection and shut
the fuck up
On 5/23/05 7:20 PM, in article
d6t3cs$o4b$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, "BOBLA"
<mesmtp@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Alert, Macs sucks. To repair your system please follow this link:
>
> www.microsoft.com
Yer shittin' me, right?

ej

0
erj66 (428)
5/25/2005 8:51:02 PM
On 5/25/05 2:24 PM, in article r-Odndwg2Jjo8wnfRVn-oQ@comcast.com, "Fetch,
Rover, Fetch" <Fetch-Rover-Fetch@K9University.edu> wrote:

> Davidm wrote:
>> "Shardar" <shardar@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message

>>> Erm, for your info Microsoft don't make computers.
>>> Also, please list all the problems you have found with the mac you are
>>> using, unless of course you are just a troll?
>>

>> Well how about I start... Using an iMac G5 with OSX there is no way to init
>> the modem to pick up distinctive ring calls (eg SDR=4 does NOT work). Unlike
>> even the cheapest, crappiest PC modems....
>>
>> Apart from that, it's a great machine :-)
>>
>> Cheers
>> David M
>>

> who the fuck cares - go get some sort of broadband connection and shut
> the fuck up

 think he may be talking about faxing.

ej

0
erj66 (428)
5/25/2005 8:53:42 PM
In article <BEBAB1D6.817DF%erj66@xs4all.nl>, erj66@xs4all.nl says...
> On 5/23/05 7:20 PM, in article
> d6t3cs$o4b$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, "BOBLA"
> <mesmtp@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > Alert, Macs sucks. To repair your system please follow this link:
> >
> > www.microsoft.com
> Yer shittin' me, right?

Maybe he's a virus and spyware collector.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
"I don't really care about being right you know,
"Fetch, Rover, Fetch" <Fetch-Rover-Fetch@K9University.edu> wrote in message

> who the fuck cares - go get some sort of broadband connection and shut the
> fuck up

OMG...you feeling embarassed yet? Thought not, and that's whats even funnier
than the fact you should be..LOL

Cheers
David M

0
news5156 (10)
5/26/2005 9:44:46 AM
"Eric Johnson" <erj66@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

> think he may be talking about faxing.

Hi Eric - right you are. My point was tha, in this age of a personal compter
replacing the phone, fax, stereo etc, and Apple very much marketing like
that, they have a long way to come where a brand new Mac can not do what
most Wintel PCs with a modem have been able to do for years.

0
news5156 (10)
5/26/2005 9:46:21 AM
Davidm wrote:
> "Fetch, Rover, Fetch" <Fetch-Rover-Fetch@K9University.edu> wrote in message
>

>>who the fuck cares - go get some sort of broadband connection and shut the
>>fuck up
>

> OMG...you feeling embarassed yet? Thought not, and that's whats even funnier
> than the fact you should be..LOL
>
> Cheers
> David M

Not at all -

How about this instead:
who the fuck cares - email rather than fax - why waste paper?
NOW shut the fuck up
On 5/26/05 11:46 AM, in article
42959aed$0$19489$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au, "Davidm"
<news@blackart.com.au> wrote:

> "Eric Johnson" <erj66@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>
>> think he may be talking about faxing.
>
> Hi Eric - right you are. My point was tha, in this age of a personal compter
> replacing the phone, fax, stereo etc, and Apple very much marketing like
> that, they have a long way to come where a brand new Mac can not do what
> most Wintel PCs with a modem have been able to do for years.

Mac has never been good with modems.

Most "old world" macs had only a modem port...for years.

The number of pre I-mac machines with built in modems was severely limited,
while most PC modem solutions were internal.

I never could understand this.

Once I encountered an early PPC performa model with speakerphone internal
modem.

I never could understand this aversion to including the modem given the prce
point always pursued by apple.

ej

0
erj66 (428)
5/26/2005 5:49:30 PM
"Davidm" <news@blackart.com.au> wrote:

> "Eric Johnson" <erj66@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>
> > think he may be talking about faxing.
>
> Hi Eric - right you are. My point was tha, in this age of a personal compter
> replacing the phone, fax, stereo etc, and Apple very much marketing like
> that, they have a long way to come where a brand new Mac can not do what
> most Wintel PCs with a modem have been able to do for years.

Um...what "brand new Mac" are you claiming can't do faxes?  Maybe you've
got a broken modem, in which case it might be justified to title your
complain "My Mac sucks" using the proper possessive qualifier.  But saying
"Mac sucks" in general is just trolling.
0
aranders (203)
5/26/2005 6:10:40 PM
> Mac has never been good with modems.

I use both a Mac and a PC because both do things well.
My initial Mac, an eMac, has the 56K Apple internal modem.  I could
never get it to respond to call waiting despite repeated questions on
newsgroups and no one at the Apple website bothered to respond.  Must be
due to the quality of the hardware.  Don't intend to buy an external
modem just because the factory one is not sensitive enough to detect the
call waiting tones.  Is there a software fix for this?

My pro music work was done on a PC and I find that the QuickTime synth
will not playback complex MIDI files without bogging down and stopping.
External hardware is required to handle them.  Now, this is not just a
Mac problem as software synths and onboard sound chips on most PCs will
not handle them either - requires a good soundcard or external module.
0
ripi (12)
5/26/2005 9:13:33 PM
Davidm <news@blackart.com.au> wrote:

> Well how about I start... Using an iMac G5 with OSX there is no way to init
> the modem to pick up distinctive ring calls (eg SDR=4 does NOT work). Unlike
> even the cheapest, crappiest PC modems....

In OS X 10.3.9. Go to System preferences -> Hardware -> Print&Fax ->
Faxing, then tick the box labelled: Receive Faxes on this computer. Then
set the number of rings in: Answer after --- rings, just below.

What is "SDR=4" supposed to do?

> Apart from that, it's a great machine :-)

When you fix that, then you'll be in clover :-)
0
hlexa (105)
5/27/2005 2:59:56 PM
"Axel Hammerschmidt" <hlexa@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> In OS X 10.3.9. Go to System preferences -> Hardware -> Print&Fax ->
> Faxing, then tick the box labelled: Receive Faxes on this computer. Then
> set the number of rings in: Answer after --- rings, just below.

It's not the number or rings, but the cadence. Often people use a separate
number with a "distinctive ring" for their fax line, and the computer/fax is
smart enough to only pick up the fax calls...

> What is "SDR=4" supposed to do?

it's an init command that with many/most modems causes the modem to only
pick up incoming calls with a certain "distinctive ring"

>> Apart from that, it's a great machine :-)
>
> When you fix that, then you'll be in clover :-)

Sure :-)

0
news5156 (10)
5/28/2005 12:28:45 AM
"Alan Anderson" <aranders@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> Um...what "brand new Mac" are you claiming can't do faxes?

An iMac G5 with the 20" LCD monitor...only 3-4 months old.

> Maybe you've
> got a broken modem, in which case it might be justified to title your
> complain "My Mac sucks" using the proper possessive qualifier.  But saying
> "Mac sucks" in general is just trolling.

No, you'd be wrong there. It's designed without any ability to distinguish
distinctive ring cadences for incoming fax calls. Unlike every PC I've ever
owned, including some very cheap and nasty ones.  The reality is that the
mac does not respond to the way that *real* people use their computers,
which is why *real* people flock in droves to Wintel.

Cheers
David M

0
news5156 (10)
5/28/2005 12:32:52 AM
"Davidm" <news@blackart.com.au> wrote:

> > Um...what "brand new Mac" are you claiming can't do faxes?
>
> An iMac G5 with the 20" LCD monitor...only 3-4 months old.

Then you've got a hardware problem.  The iMac series has always had
fax-capable modems and associated software.

> No, you'd be wrong there. It's designed without any ability to distinguish
> distinctive ring cadences for incoming fax calls.

I didn't see anything about that after a quick Google search.  If you're
correct and every iMac G5 indeed lacks DR support by design, it would be a
step backwards.  The original CRT-based iMacs definitely recognized
distinctive ring cadences.  I suspect it's either a broken modem on your
specific iMac, or a configuration error on your part.

> Unlike every PC I've ever
> owned, including some very cheap and nasty ones.

(I have never owned a Windows-capable PC that included a modem, so I can
neither validate nor counter that experience.  Until about six years ago,
all modems I used, Mac or otherwise, were external.  The Dell I use at
work does possess an internal modem, as does my son's HP, but neither of
them has an analog phone line nearby.)

> The reality is that the
> mac does not respond to the way that *real* people use their computers,
> which is why *real* people flock in droves to Wintel.

See, there you go trolling again.  (Unless you're merely mistaking cause
and effect, inferring that most people use Windows *because* they need
several layers of malware protection, instead of the other way around.)
0
aranders (203)
5/28/2005 4:31:38 AM
"Davidm" <news@blackart.com.au> wrote:

> > What is "SDR=4" supposed to do?
>
> it's an init command that with many/most modems causes the modem to only
> pick up incoming calls with a certain "distinctive ring"

I think SDR is for modems using the Lucent chipset.  I'm pretty sure Apple
modems have Conexant innards, which use VDR instead.  I was right -- it's
a configuration error on your part.
0
aranders (203)
5/28/2005 4:42:48 AM

> Then you've got a hardware problem.  The iMac series has always had
> fax-capable modems and associated software.

Oh, it's fax capable, but apparently "doesn't support" distinctive ring!

> I didn't see anything about that after a quick Google search.  If you're
> correct and every iMac G5 indeed lacks DR support by design, it would be a
> step backwards.  The original CRT-based iMacs definitely recognized
> distinctive ring cadences.  I suspect it's either a broken modem on your
> specific iMac, or a configuration error on your part.

hmmm...possibly a config error I guess, as I know little about macs these
days. I've owned a number of macs (plus, classic, SE, SE30, colour classic,
LC, LC3, LC475 and performa 5260), all from new, but ever since AutoCAD
ceased to be available for mac....  I'll keep trying I guess, but not
getting much help from apple.

> See, there you go trolling again.  (Unless you're merely mistaking cause
> and effect, inferring that most people use Windows *because* they need
> several layers of malware protection, instead of the other way around.)

Not a troll, and I don't feel i need all my malware protection to feel
complete, but if the iMac G5 does not support distinctive ring then I really
do believe that it *is* a case of apple being out of touch as to what people
do these days. People work from home, have one phone line and do their fax,
broadband and voice over the one line...and need a computer that supports
this!

Cheers
David m

0
news5156 (10)
5/28/2005 10:28:58 AM
"Alan Anderson" <aranders@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> "Davidm" <news@blackart.com.au> wrote:
>
> The original CRT-based iMacs definitely recognized
> distinctive ring cadences.

BTW Alan, where are the settings that control this? Or is there a "box" to
put my init string into? Or would I just init the modem by editing
/usr/bin/fax?

Cheers
David M

0
news5156 (10)
5/28/2005 10:31:12 AM
On 5/27/05 5:32 PM, in article
4297bc34$0$2100$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au, "Davidm"
<news@blackart.com.au> wrote:

> The reality is that the
> mac does not respond to the way that *real* people use their computers,
> which is why *real* people flock in droves to Wintel.

No, that's just *your* reality, which I respect.  But most people flocked to
Wintel because Wintel was less expensive.  For the most part, people don't
buy a computer based on the way it responds to their down-the-road needs.
In other words, very few people question the specifics of fax-handling
*before* they purchase their computer.

Stu
(who is hopeful)

NP: Cold Blue Steel And Sweet Fire by Joni Mitchell

0
stumark (33)
5/28/2005 5:45:13 PM
"Davidm" <news@blackart.com.au> wrote:

> > The original CRT-based iMacs definitely recognized
> > distinctive ring cadences.
>
> BTW Alan, where are the settings that control this? Or is there a "box" to
> put my init string into?

That depends on which software you're using.  I seem to recall a "menulet"
that had the appropriate settings, but I never actually used it myself.

> Or would I just init the modem by editing
> /usr/bin/fax?

That's what the OS X hints I've seen say to do, yes.
0
aranders (203)
5/28/2005 9:11:38 PM
On 5/28/05 2:32 AM, in article
<news@blackart.com.au> wrote:

> The reality is that the
> mac does not respond to the way that *real* people use their computers,
> which is why *real* people flock in droves to Wintel

I have to disagree.

People do not "flock to windows," they are herded there by IT managers whose
first computer was an IBM PC in 1983. Since that time, pc-people have been
talking down apple.

Now apple didn't do itself any favors by later not licensing the mac OS, but
during the late 80's and early 1990's microsoft had a hand in creating the,
"software gap," which was a myth that there were things which simply could
not be done with an apple, by encouraging software producers -not- to
produce software for apple. While the software titles may have varied from
platform to platform, as it was a time when -no- industry standards existed
(remember WordPerfect anyone?) as it regarded file or document portability,
there was never a time when an apple computer, "simply could not do," this
or that.

So the IT manager, who worked his way up from sysop at a BBS in the mid 80's
-because he knew how to work with MS-DOS well- through various levels of
influence on the buying process, and finally to IT manager.  And he still
believes all the penis extending Chauvinistic machismo, the fodder of his
high school inter-nerd rivalries. Finally, after much bitterness, fear and
loathing caused by the failure of Apple to die and, of course the by the
rise of the even more threatening Linux (more threatening because it lacked
Apple's past to exploit) into an entrenched way of thinking in which no OS
save that from Microsoft would suffice, so many purchasing decisions had
been made that the entire business world was simply swept away by a current
they did not see, could not or did not want to understand and that they were
constantly aiding by hiring ever more chauvinistic and or, "swept-away IT
managers."

So I'll change the metaphor. People don't flock to windows, they are washed
away.

ej

0
erj66 (428)
5/30/2005 12:59:40 PM
Some people are also attracted by the "you don't have to know anything"
image that Windows projects.  Do you know any Windows users who have
absolutely no idea what to do if clicking on something won't "open" it?  I
have had people tell me I did not send an email attachment that I did send.
Once I told one of them the precise steps to follow to be able to see the
attachment.  She was amazed--she said so.  (She said that) she had never
seen anything like that.

0
lybanon (225)
5/30/2005 3:12:33 PM
Eric Johnson wrote:

> So the IT manager, who worked his way up from sysop at a BBS in the mid 80's
> -because he knew how to work with MS-DOS well- through various levels of
> influence on the buying process, and finally to IT manager.  And he still
> believes all the penis extending Chauvinistic machismo, the fodder of his
> high school inter-nerd rivalries.

Good Lord: Never saw so much mis-directed sterotyping in so few words.

Use of PCs and WinDoze in business is a business decision in most case:
Cost and software availability/support do talk. The economics just do
not support any other choice in *most* business environments.
0
w6tuh-ng4 (79)
5/30/2005 3:42:09 PM
On 5/30/05 5:42 PM, in article lvGme.13384$h86.34@tornado.socal.rr.com,
"Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Use of PCs and WinDoze in business is a business decision in most case:
> Cost and software availability/support do talk. The economics just do
> not support any other choice in *most* business environments.

This might be true if it were true.

It would depend upon whether acquisition costs or operating costs are more
important to the management.

And also it would depend on if Apple were actually considered as a real
option by a swept away world with poorly hung IT managers. It simply isn't a
level playing field for apple in the management decision-making process.

ej

0
erj66 (428)
5/30/2005 5:32:48 PM
Eric Johnson wrote:
> On 5/30/05 5:42 PM, in article lvGme.13384$h86.34@tornado.socal.rr.com,
> "Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Use of PCs and WinDoze in business is a business decision in most case:
>>Cost and software availability/support do talk. The economics just do
>>not support any other choice in *most* business environments.
>

> This might be true if it were true.
>
> It would depend upon whether acquisition costs or operating costs are more
> important to the management.
>
> And also it would depend on if Apple were actually considered as a real
> option by a swept away world with poorly hung IT managers. It simply isn't a
> level playing field for apple in the management decision-making process.

The world is not a level playing field: Get real.

Many of the ocmmonly used business apps are not available for OS X.

Those that are do not have 100% compatibility.

Since businesses do business with other businesses and the Government,
that is the driving factor -- period.  Apple can be "real option" only
if that situation changes -- and that is not anything a single company
or industry can make happen.  Likely it will not happen at all -- given
the installed base.

As a result I use and appreciate both platforms -- for different needs
0
w6tuh-ng4 (79)
5/30/2005 8:19:36 PM
Phil Wheeler wrote:
> Eric Johnson wrote:
>

>> So the IT manager, who worked his way up from sysop at a BBS in the
>> mid 80's
>> -because he knew how to work with MS-DOS well- through various levels of
>> influence on the buying process, and finally to IT manager.  And he still
>> believes all the penis extending Chauvinistic machismo, the fodder of his
>> high school inter-nerd rivalries.
>

> Good Lord: Never saw so much mis-directed sterotyping in so few words.
>
> Use of PCs and WinDoze in business is a business decision in most case:
> Cost and software availability/support do talk. The economics just do
> not support any other choice in *most* business environments.

Complete crap -try google search for ROI and Macintosh, or TOC and Macintosh

nearly every - reliable - (ie not porn or other unrelated link show mcs
are less expensive - in both of the above categories
Phil Wheeler wrote:
> Eric Johnson wrote:
>
>> On 5/30/05 5:42 PM, in article lvGme.13384$h86.34@tornado.socal.rr.com,
>> "Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Use of PCs and WinDoze in business is a business decision in most case:
>>> Cost and software availability/support do talk. The economics just do
>>> not support any other choice in *most* business environments.
>>

>> This might be true if it were true.
>>
>> It would depend upon whether acquisition costs or operating costs are
>> more
>> important to the management.
>>
>> And also it would depend on if Apple were actually considered as a real
>> option by a swept away world with poorly hung IT managers. It simply
>> isn't a
>> level playing field for apple in the management decision-making process.
>>

> The world is not a level playing field: Get real.
>
> Many of the ocmmonly used business apps are not available for OS X.
>
> Those that are do not have 100% compatibility.
>
> Since businesses do business with other businesses and the Government,
> that is the driving factor -- period.  Apple can be "real option" only
> if that situation changes -- and that is not anything a single company
> or industry can make happen.  Likely it will not happen at all -- given
> the installed base.
>
> As a result I use and appreciate both platforms -- for different needs
please name a few -
as I am not aware of any
Fetch, Rover, Fetch wrote:

>> As a result I use and appreciate both platforms -- for different needs
>
> please name a few -
> as I am not aware of anyf

Platforms:

o PCs with WinXP
o Mac with OS X
o Linux
o Unix
0
w6tuh-ng4 (79)
5/31/2005 3:10:20 AM
This thread is kind of stupid lol. But let me say this, i am an x8
windows guy, and those who say mac sucks should get a windows PC an
use it for a year before judging. My windows gets so many virus's an
spyware so easilly lol. I got it under control now but they can be
bitch.

Also, i like windows cuz you can build them and it will work wit
anything. I like mac for stability and great intergration with media
Try Converting divX to DVD under windows, doesnt work to well lol. Ma
is a little better at stuff like that.

also, microsoft isnt that great, infact i hate them, i use 3rd part
software for alot of things i do. Internet explorer sucks, so i go wit
firefox. Microsoft.com kept bothering me to update my computer so
blocked them from my router :-D netgear rocks! lol

:

--
DevilRock
DevilRocks's Profile: http://www.macosx.com/forums/member.php?userid=3197

Phil Wheeler wrote:

> Many of the ocmmonly used business apps are not available for OS X.
>
> Those that are do not have 100% compatibility.

This reminds me......

Anyone used the Virtual Windows product for OSX?
How well do Windows apps work in the environmemnt?
GW
0
geoffdubya (301)
5/31/2005 3:48:59 AM
DevilRocks wrote:
> This thread is kind of stupid lol. But let me say this, i am an x86
> windows guy, and those who say mac sucks should get a windows PC and
> use it for a year before judging. My windows gets so many virus's and
> spyware so easilly lol. I got it under control now but they can be a
> bitch.
>
> Also, i like windows cuz you can build them and it will work with
> anything. I like mac for stability and great intergration with media,
> Try Converting divX to DVD under windows, doesnt work to well lol. Mac
> is a little better at stuff like that.
>
> also, microsoft isnt that great, infact i hate them, i use 3rd party
> software for alot of things i do. Internet explorer sucks, so i go with
> firefox. Microsoft.com kept bothering me to update my computer so i
> blocked them from my router :-D netgear rocks! lol
>
> :)

All accurate.  I really prefer to use my Mac when I can -- and for many
of the same reasons.  Alas, it is not the standard of my customers (I'm
a consultant), so I must work in the Win World.
0
w6tuh-ng4 (79)
5/31/2005 5:02:33 AM
Phil Wheeler wrote:
> Fetch, Rover, Fetch wrote:
>

>>> As a result I use and appreciate both platforms -- for different needs
>>

>> please name a few -
>> as I am not aware of anyf
>

> Platforms:
>
> o PCs with WinXP
> o Mac with OS X
> o Linux
> o Unix

oops
I quoted the wrong part of the previous message -
I *meant*

Please name a few (business) applications that are not available cross
platform or that do not transfer data cross-platform correctly.
(BTW - applications such as Access - which sucks - and which there are
better cross platform replacements need not apply)
On 5/31/05 7:02 AM, in article JdSme.35259$ya2.29514@tornado.socal.rr.com,
"Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:

> .  Alas, it is not the standard of my customers (I'm
> a consultant),

So advise them to make the switch! ;-)

A whole office can be supplied with Mac Minis fairly inexpensively!

ej

0
erj66 (428)
5/31/2005 4:16:01 PM
On 5/31/05 5:48 AM, in article L8Rme.35169$ya2.12837@tornado.socal.rr.com,
"Geoff Welsh" <geoffdubya@some.rr.com> wrote:

> Anyone used the Virtual Windows product for OSX?
> How well do Windows apps work in the environmemnt?
> GW

It all works just fine, with the possible exception of high texture games.
The last version of virtual PC for mac (yes there is virtual pc for the pc)
allows only limited allocation of vram to itself and thus windows apps.

ej

0
erj66 (428)
5/31/2005 4:18:52 PM
Eric Johnson wrote:

> On 5/31/05 5:48 AM, in article L8Rme.35169$ya2.12837@tornado.socal.rr.com,
> "Geoff Welsh" <geoffdubya@some.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyone used the Virtual Windows product for OSX?
>>How well do Windows apps work in the environmemnt?
>>GW
>
> It all works just fine, with the possible exception of high texture games.
> The last version of virtual PC for mac (yes there is virtual pc for the pc)
> allows only limited allocation of vram to itself and thus windows apps.
>
> ej

Fine you say?  hmmmmm..... That makes it better than real Windows!
lol
Thanks for the reply.
GW
0
geoffdubya (301)
5/31/2005 5:31:17 PM
In article <BEC0975C.50C7%lybanon@earthlink.net>,
 Matthew Lybanon <lybanon@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Some people are also attracted by the "you don't have to know anything"
> image that Windows projects.  Do you know any Windows users who have
> absolutely no idea what to do if clicking on something won't "open" it?  I
> have had people tell me I did not send an email attachment that I did send.
> Once I told one of them the precise steps to follow to be able to see the
> attachment.  She was amazed--she said so.  (She said that) she had never
> seen anything like that.

She was X-(  right?

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Eric Johnson wrote:
> On 5/31/05 7:02 AM, in article JdSme.35259$ya2.29514@tornado.socal.rr.com,
> "Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>.  Alas, it is not the standard of my customers (I'm
>>a consultant),
>

> So advise them to make the switch! ;-)
>

> A whole office can be supplied with Mac Minis fairly inexpensively!
>
> ej

20,000 employees or so, worldwide:  Somewhat more than a "whole office".

And once you add a good monitor (LCD), keyboard, etc.  a Mini is not
real bargain.
0
w6tuh-ng4 (79)
5/31/2005 10:49:16 PM

> Please name a few (business) applications that are not available cross
> platform or that do not transfer data cross-platform correctly.
> (BTW - applications such as Access - which sucks - and which there are
> better cross platform replacements need not apply)

AutoCAD, for one.

Cheers
David M

0
news5156 (10)
6/1/2005 10:57:34 AM
Davidm wrote:
> "Fetch, Rover, Fetch" <Fetch-Rover-Fetch@K9University.edu> wrote in message
>

>>Please name a few (business) applications that are not available cross
>>platform or that do not transfer data cross-platform correctly.
>>(BTW - applications such as Access - which sucks - and which there are
>>better cross platform replacements need not apply)
>

> AutoCAD, for one.
>
> Cheers
> David M

replacement -
Archicad

> replacement -
> Archicad

ArchiCAD is not compatible with many of AutoCAD's features. Plenty of stuff
when drawn in AutoCAD will just disappear when the drawing is opened in
ArchiCAD. My clients in the past, major engineering and government
organisations do not accept ArchiCAD. In fact, until maybe 1994, I used to
run AutoCAD on my old Powermac, but it's no longer available in any flavour
other than Wintel (used to be available for DEC Alpha, Mac, Solaris etc
etc).

Cheers
David M

0
news5156 (10)
6/2/2005 9:43:31 AM
On 6/1/05 12:49 AM, in article MR5ne.50544$887.23677@tornado.socal.rr.com,
"Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 20,000 employees or so, worldwide:  Somewhat more than a "whole office".
>
> And once you add a good monitor (LCD), keyboard, etc.  a Mini is not
> real bargain.
Except that most businesses, at least in the usa, employ 50 or fewer people.

ej

0
erj66 (428)
6/7/2005 6:04:18 PM
Eric Johnson wrote:
> On 6/1/05 12:49 AM, in article MR5ne.50544$887.23677@tornado.socal.rr.com,
> "Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>20,000 employees or so, worldwide:  Somewhat more than a "whole office".
>>
>>And once you add a good monitor (LCD), keyboard, etc.  a Mini is not
>>real bargain.
>
> Except that most businesses, at least in the usa, employ 50 or fewer people.
>
> ej

I don't consult for "most" businesses -- so those statistics are of no
interest.
0
w6tuh-ng4 (79)
6/8/2005 3:36:24 AM
On 6/8/05 5:36 AM, in article YItpe.58927$887.53550@tornado.socal.rr.com,
"Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't consult for "most" businesses -- so those statistics are of no
> interest.
Then you should not make generalizations about the business for whom you do
not consult based on your experience with those for whom you do consult.

By your own admission, you don't understand their circumstances.

ej

0
erj66 (428)

             +-------------------+             .:\:\:/:/:.
             +-------------------+             /         \
                     |  |        @@@          / /|,,,,,|\ \
                     |  |        @@@         /_//  /^\  \\_\
       @x@@x@        |  |         |/         WW(  (   )  )WW
       \||||/        |  |        \|           __\,,\ /,,/__
        \||/         |  |         |      jgs (______Y______)
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Source:
http://it.geocities.com/roccopapaleo/faq/italiano/asciidontfeed.html

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>
trace050401 (110)
Eric Johnson wrote:
> On 6/8/05 5:36 AM, in article YItpe.58927$887.53550@tornado.socal.rr.com,
> "Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>I don't consult for "most" businesses -- so those statistics are of no
>>interest.
>
> Then you should not make generalizations about the business for whom you do
> not consult based on your experience with those for whom you do consult.
>
> By your own admission, you don't understand their circumstances.

Never said I don't understand: Just not affected by them

If you re-read (or ever read) my original msg, it related to ME and my
application of computers.

However, plenty of others have identified apps which are not wholly
compatible with the "correspnding" WinXP apps.

If you continue to answer this, you will be speaking to yourself.  But
then, Eric spelled backwards is Cire

0
w6tuh-ng4 (79)
6/9/2005 1:39:56 AM
On 6/9/05 3:39 AM, in article M5Npe.58964$887.55311@tornado.socal.rr.com,
"Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eric Johnson wrote:
>> On 6/8/05 5:36 AM, in article YItpe.58927$887.53550@tornado.socal.rr.com,
>> "Phil Wheeler" <w6tuh-ng4@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I don't consult for "most" businesses -- so those statistics are of no
>>> interest.
>>
>> Then you should not make generalizations about the business for whom you do
>> not consult based on your experience with those for whom you do consult.
>>
>> By your own admission, you don't understand their circumstances.
>>

> Never said I don't understand: Just not affected by them
>
> If you re-read (or ever read) my original msg, it related to ME and my
> application of computers.
>
> However, plenty of others have identified apps which are not wholly
> compatible with the "correspnding" WinXP apps.
>
> If you continue to answer this, you will be speaking to yourself.  But
> then, Eric spelled backwards is Cire

Fuck you,too.

ej

0
erj66 (428)

Mac to mac

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Just happened. Kind of weird. -- Arf! Old CSMAer Nice! At work I'm stuck on Windows, plus at home my roommate and girlfrield both use Windows. Good thing is I have my ibook at work and both my roommate and gf are getting Macs after their Dell's are paid off. They use Mac's at work and see how my PowerMac at home works while their PeeCee's hose daily. They hate Windows now :) So i'm getting there :) Alex "OldCSMAer" <olddog@kennelsINVALID.com> wrote in message news:olddog-F4AC87.15141003082005@newsclstr01.news.prodigy.com... >I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free > world: > > My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and > urologist are all Mac. No PCs. > > Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac > (no surprise there). > > My dau...

networking mac to mac???
Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 36199371860304980107073482417748002696458P|dc Jon <see_signature@mac.com.invalid> wrote: > 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx > > Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on > one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And > you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. Correction: tcp/ipp of course needs to be enabled on the ethernet port on _both_ machines. File sharing, however, is only necessary on one (preferably the Mac OS X machine). -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 36199371860304980107073482417748002696458P|dc In article <1hxqr6q.1u7ne805d0g7N%see_signature@mac.com.invalid>, see_signature@mac.com.invalid (Jon) wrote: > ...

When is a Mac no longer a Mac?
OK, so Apple's going to go to Intel CPUs. Now Macs are no longer differentiated by a slow clock and superior instruction set--we've got the same hackjob clusterfuck on speed PCs have been using for decades now. And over the last few years Apple's gone away from SCSI, NuBus, ADB, Localtalk, etc. And PCs have picked up USB, dropped floppies, and colored their cases. The hardware's basically merging between the two platforms. On the software side, the classic MacOS is gone, replaced by Unixy stuff. And like it or not, higher up on the UI level lots of Windows-li...

Mac to MAc Firewire
Hey all Looking for some help. I am trying to use a 6-6pin 1394 cable to connect two iBooks together and transfer some large files. iBook 1 dual USB 'white' iBook OS 9.2 iBook 2 G4 OSx 10.2 I boot iBook 1 into 'target drive' mode and get the firewire icon dancing about the screen then connect it to iBook 2 but the drive does not appear on the desktop. I have tried all combinations of rebooting/ connecting before and after rebooting but nothing seams to work. When the firewire is plugged in the target disk makes a short noise then nothing the host does not appear to react at ...

MAC to MAC connectivity
Hi, As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting a number of FPGA based MACs to a dedicated broadcom switch chip. The difficulty with this is that to interface both chips, I need to have two closely coupled and redundant PHY . Is it possible to connect two MAC (SGMII) directly point-to-point, bypassing the PHY completely? Or is it necessary to have at least some PHY functionality, even if it is a point to point link? Kind regards, Stephen Steve wrote: > Hi, > > As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting > a number of FPGA based MACs to a dedicated broadcom switch chip. The > difficulty with this is that to interface both chips, I need to have > two closely coupled and redundant PHY . > > Is it possible to connect two MAC (SGMII) directly point-to-point, > bypassing the PHY completely? Or is it necessary to have at least some > PHY functionality, even if it is a point to point link? I suppose it works. Cross connect RXD[] to TXD[]. Cross connect RX_DV to TX_EN, and provide a 125 MHz clock (could be supplied from another FPGA pin) On Feb 12, 9:01=A0pm, Steve <stephe...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting > a number of FPGA based MACs to a dedicated broadcom switch chip. =A0The > difficulty with this is that to interface both chips, I need to have > two closely coupled and redundant PHY...

Mac-to-Mac VPN?
Years ago, I set up a Mac network (under OS9) with a VPN router and some software on a remote PowerBook that allowed VPN access. I'm not terribly familiar with OSX yet, but I understand that much of this functionality is now built in. Can anybody steer me in the right direction as far as hardware, software and configuration? Here's the setup I envision: - Small LAN running two Macs and a printer with a DSL connection through a router. - Remote PowerBook connected to the net varyingly with dial-up, DSL (wired), and AirPort. - Use the PowerBook to securely connect to at least one of the machines on the LAN for file transfers, contact/calendar sync (through Now server software), and if possible, remote access. Note that, at times, BOTH sides of this connection will have dynamic IP addresses, so there's got to be a way to "find" the office LAN remotely, and the security protocols of the VPN setup cannot limit the incoming IP to a specific address. Also note that I don't need to connect both ways, just to initiate from the PowerBook. I'm not opposed to buying a VPN router, or any other hardware, if it makes the system more stable/reliable/simple. Thanks very much in advance for any help you can provide. Steve On 2005-06-05, Steve C <newsgroups@primedigital.com> wrote: > Note that, at times, BOTH sides of this connection will have dynamic IP > addresses, so there's got to be a way to "find&quo...

Mac Miail on .mac
I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address but I could well be missing something. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this > as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address > but I could well be missing something. > > Thanks > Colin Open a new Mail message - press Command-Alt-R to display the Reply-To field. Chu -- chuenginsberg at mac dot com On Sun, 21 Jan 2...

[OT] A Mac emulator for... Mac. ;-)
The Mac on Linux emulator now has a native Mac port of the software. It still isn't as 'user friendly' as typical Mac applications are (i.e. you have to use disk utility to create disk images) and there's no Tiger support yet (either as host or guest), but on the flip side I hear it gets pretty good performance and with support hopefully they can get those usability and Tiger issues fixed. :-) In addition to running Mac OS X, it also allows developers to run Classic Mac OS and PPC Linux under emulation. This also makes me wonder what options would be ava...

WakeOnLAN Mac to Mac over the net?
My mother's trusty 4+ year old iMac G5 is starting to have heat issues (Northbridge over 180� F with occasional kernel panics), so we've configured it to sleep when not in use. So I wanted to see if I could get Wake On LAN working over the net, but so far haven't had success. The computer is connected directly to a cable modem - no router, and has the OS X firewall turned on. The System Preferences > Energy Saver > Power Adapter > Options > Wake for Ethernet administrator access checkbox is checked. I have an Airport Extreme on my end, which doesn't do any ...

Moving a User from Mac to Mac...
I currently have two old Macs...let's call them my MAIN Mac (a G4 running Tiger) and my OTHER Mac (early Intel iMac also running Tiger). And, I'm about to purchase a NEW Mac. (3 Macs...MAIN, OTHER and NEW) What I'd like to do is move virtually everything (user accounts, applications, settings, documents, etc.) from my current MAIN Mac to my NEW Mac. I've never actually done this before, but I believe, on initial install of the NEW Mac, the Mac OS actually asks if you want to do just this. Question#1: If the above is true, what cable is required during the install process whe...

Mac - to
I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK. What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop from my iBook to my G5 computer, both on the most recent OS/X, tiger. release. What program do I have to use to log in to my G5 from my iBook so that I can, through wi-fi, control iTunes, play DVDs, and run terminal on the G5 on the iBook? [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]] In article <1180031966.406197.148070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, Peter Brooks <Peter.H.M.Brooks@gmail.com> wrote: > I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK. > > What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop from my iBook > to my G5 computer, both on the most recent OS/X, tiger. release. > > What program do I have to use to log in to my G5 from my iBook so that > I can, through wi-fi, control iTunes, play DVDs, and run terminal on > the G5 on the iBook? > I use Remote Desktop v3.1 to do that with my iBook and G3. http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/ Cheers, Darrell -- To reply, substitute .net for .invalid in address, i.e., darrell.usenet6 (at) �telus.net In article <1180031966.406197.148070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, Peter Brooks <Peter.H.M.Brooks@gmail.com> wrote: > I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK. > > What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop...

Macs suck!
After all the years it's still the best way to sum up the platform of the cult-like Mactards. MACS SUCK. They are slow, unstable, they are toys. In article <zYidnYdJIv7nAUPanZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@comcast.com>, "MuahMan" <muahman@cumcast.net> wrote: > After all the years it's still the best way to sum up the platform of the > cult-like Mactards. MACS SUCK. > > They are slow, unstable, they are toys. The one-trick pony tries to speak, but falls tripping on his tongue. -- Mike "Mike" <mike@nononccfaba.org> wrote in message news:mike-4139F5.12303317032008@comcast.dca.giganews.com... > In article <zYidnYdJIv7nAUPanZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@comcast.com>, > "MuahMan" <muahman@cumcast.net> wrote: > >> After all the years it's still the best way to sum up the platform of the >> cult-like Mactards. MACS SUCK. >> >> They are slow, unstable, they are toys. > > The one-trick pony tries to speak, but falls tripping on his tongue. FISH ON!!!! "Mike" <mike@nononccfaba.org> wrote in message news:mike-4139F5.12303317032008@comcast.dca.giganews.com... > In article <zYidnYdJIv7nAUPanZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@comcast.com>, > "MuahMan" <muahman@cumcast.net> wrote: > >> After all the years it's still the best way to sum up the platform of the >> cult-like Mactards. MACS SUCK. >> >> They are slow, unstable, t...

Mac and non Mac Partition
Hello, I want to use my mac to copy some files to mp3 players or other portable stup. The problem for instance in a Fat16 partion the mac write some "._blahblah" files. And some player doesn't like these file and get frozen. I have to plug the player (or it's memory card) to a Pc, the remove these file in order to make it working. Is there a way to avoid this ? Thanks John In article <4a4cc7f2$0$12658$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, John <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want to use my mac to copy some files to mp3 players or other portable ...

Macs Suck
Just testing. In article <vv0gj4510kdp61@news.supernews.com>, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Just testing. Did it work? -- Sandman[.net] Sandman wrote: > In article <vv0gj4510kdp61@news.supernews.com>, "John" > <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > >> Just testing. > > Did it work? Yes In article <vv0h9ig8mrvja3@news.supernews.com>, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > >> Just testing. > > > > Did it work? > > Yes Congratulations, is it the first time for you? -- Sandman[.net] Sandman <mr@sandman.net> writes: [John] >>>>Just testing. >>>Did it work? [John] >>Yes >Congratulations, is it the first time for you? He must be very proud. -- Cameron Kaiser * ckaiser@floodgap.com * posting with a Commodore 128 personal page: http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/ ** Computer Workshops: games, productivity software and more for C64/128! ** ** http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/cwi/ ** In article <vv0gj4510kdp61@news.supernews.com>, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Just testing. old whiny-johnny crossposted this to comp.sys.mac.system and got the following reply. It seems so fitting... > Xref: attbi_master51 comp.sys.mac.system:137983 > X-Received-Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:18:07 GMT (attbi_s51) > > In article <vv0n8a8k4ruh4f@news.s...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , www 'DOT' 20000plusdvdsandcds 'DOT' tk , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, www.20000plusdvdsandcds.tk --------------------------------------- 2007-10-15 MacDrive 7.0.10 Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (1 cd) 2007-10-02 MakeMusic Finale 2008 for Mac (3 cd) 2007/10/02 Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID 1DVD 2007-10-05 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.2 for Mac ------------------------------------------------------- 2007/09/29 Autodesk Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac (1 dvd) 2007/09/25 FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac (1 dvd) 2007/09/14 Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite 4.5.3 for Mac 2007/09/09 Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel (1 dvd) MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac (1 cd) Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac (1 cd) Vertus Fluid Mask 3.0.1 for Mac -------------------------------...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio P
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr ...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio P #2
[...]

mac
compatibility ...

Mac
My PC crashed I am looking to purchase a mac. I have never used mat lab but will be required to do so for my regression class. in class I will have to work with mat lab pc files. is this possible on Mac and how cumbersome is the process? Thank YOu, Daniel Fell dfell@chicagogsb.edu Daniel Fell <danielfell125@yahoo.com> wrote: > My PC crashed I am looking to purchase a mac. I have never > used mat lab but will be required to do so for my > regression class. in class I will have to work with mat > lab pc files. is this possible on Mac and how cumbersome is > t...

Mac
Waiting at the car wash, they have three Windows PC and a Mac for you to use while you're waiting. Tried the Mac. Not impressed, at all. Clumsy, limited options, ass-backward caption bar, crappy mouse response (though probably the mouse just needs a mouse pad to work better), incredible lack of preferences options, new windows don't always get focus. Safari was disappointing compared to Chrome or Firefox. And I didn't even get to the console terminal or compiler environment. I lasted five minutes, and was tired of playing with the Mac. Not the fairest test, of cour...

Mac
As I don't own or have access to a Macintosh Computer, or, for that matter a Linux, or any other operating system, could you please tell me what operating systems programs made in VB 6.0 can run on? P.S. Will there be any major changes in how a program works and looks in different Operating systems either? Thanks, James On 9 Nov 2005 04:45:43 -0800, "James" <webmaster@jstokell.co.uk> wrote: >As I don't own or have access to a Macintosh Computer, or, for that >matter a Linux, or any other operating system, could you please tell me >what operating systems programs made in VB 6.0 can run on? VB6 can only run 'natively' on Windows 9x/ ME/ 2K/ XP To run on any non MS OS it needs some form of support or emulation. >P.S. >Will there be any major changes in how a program works and looks in >different Operating systems either? It looks slightly different under the various flavours of Windows >Thanks, James > On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:14:15 +0000 (UTC), erewhon@nowhere.uk (J French) wrote: >On 9 Nov 2005 04:45:43 -0800, "James" <webmaster@jstokell.co.uk> >wrote: > >>As I don't own or have access to a Macintosh Computer, or, for that >>matter a Linux, or any other operating system, could you please tell me >>what operating systems programs made in VB 6.0 can run on? I was unsuccessful trying to get an old VB3? vb4? calculator app utility to run under SUSE 9.3 with WINE. But I...

Mac, Mac <-> PC & Mac <-> Unix networking for Dummies?
Any good introductory guides to building your own Mac/PC/Unix LAN, understanding modems, ADSL, Firewalls, etc? I ask on behalf of a friend setting up a small home LAN for the first time, but frankly I'd love such a guide for myself! There are a lot of grey areas in networking for me and stuff I just do without fully understanding why. Any and all help much appreciated :-) Regards, Jamie Kahn Genet -- I am Pentium of Borg, Division is Futile, You will be approximated! ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

Web resources about - Mac sucks - comp.sys.mac

River Suck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Suck Valley Way is a long-distance trail . it is a 105-kilometre (65-mile) long circular route that begins and ends in Castlerea, County ...

Why Life Without Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm Would Suck
Facebook has an algorithm (externally known as EdgeRank ) that determines who sees which posts at which times. It’s meant to present users the ...

Your return policy sucks Lululemon. My... - lululemon athletica - Facebook
Your return policy sucks Lululemon. My sister spent $62 on a tank for me that is much too large. I tried to exchange it today for the exact same ...

Banner Ads Suck. Now Apps, Those Are Cool.
An agency strategy perspective Where we are: Despite significant evidence that times are changing, most of today’s websites continue to follow ...

Search Twitter - time warner sucks
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh Time Warner Sucks @ FuckTimeWarner Time Warner Sucks @ CharlesFoster3 Time Warner Sucks @ FakeTimeWarner View ...

The Speed of Light Sucks
Our current datacenter is in New York City . Yep, where they make all that great salsa . So whenever you make a request to any Stack Exchange ...

Blast The Droids - Android Sucks XD on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Blast The Droids - Android Sucks XD. Download Blast The Droids ...

Your car really really really really SUCKS - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
His alarm was going off whenever the Muni went by. Notes from irate neighbors.

7 Ways to Chop an Onion: You Suck at Cooking (episode 9) - YouTube
Subscribe for more unconventional culinary mastery; ►►http://bit.ly/1HuynlY See how far Grilled Cheese Robot technology has come: ►►http://bit.ly/1dZ1gOF ...