Network Printing (Mac X to Windows XP)

I have a wireless network of Windows XP machines and a G5 Mac OS X.  I have
a laser (HP 1000) printer attached to a USB port on an XP machine. I would
like to use my wireless network to print to it from my Mac.

Can I do this?

If so can someone direct me to some instructions.

I looked in the various "knowledge bases" and saw nothing obvious.

-Wayne

0
whapp (10)
10/27/2003 2:54:20 AM
comp.sys.mac 1198 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:54:20 -0500, "Wayne Happ" <whapp@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I have a wireless network of Windows XP machines and a G5 Mac OS X.  I have
>a laser (HP 1000) printer attached to a USB port on an XP machine. I would
>like to use my wireless network to print to it from my Mac.
>
>Can I do this?
>
>If so can someone direct me to some instructions.
>
>I looked in the various "knowledge bases" and saw nothing obvious.

It's certainly do-able, but there are a couple of levels of problem.

1) Printer drivers: You'll need drivers for the HP LJ1000 on your Mac.
HP's drivers won't work; too many printer drivers from Apple and HP
are not designed to work across a network, even if the printer was
connected to another Mac. Unlike in Windows, this is not a simple
operating system function-- the code needs to be in the driver.

I have an HP PSC950 all-in-one; with HP's Mac drivers, it works fine
when it's connected to the Mac-- but these drivers are useless across
the network.

The solution is the open-source GIMP-PRINT
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/

This is a large collection of drivers for a wide-variety of printers;
moreover, even more printers than are listed work, but are not
officially supported. (My PSC950 works using their HP Deskjet
900-series driver, for instance).

Also download and install (from the same site) Ghostscript.

2) Once you have a network-friendly driver, you'll find that OS X
10.2.x'swhich I assume you're using on your G5) Print Center is less
than intuitive. To print to a Windows-networked printer, you need to
open Print Center, hold the Option key down when clicking on the Add
button, then pick Advanced then Windows Printing as the printing
method... if you don't use the secret Option-click, you don't get
Windows Printing as an advanced option.

This is much easier with Panther, where no secret keys are needed.

3) In Panther, you can next browse your network and located the
printer-- in Jaguar, you need to know the networking jargon for the
Windows computer it's connected to, and the printer's share name...
for instance, I might have an HP LJ1000 with a share name LJ1000
connected to my Dell laptop, with a network name DELL... In that case,
I could try connecting to:

smb://DELL/LJ1000

But that might not work! You might need to add your username,
password, and workgroup to the command:

smb://username:password@workgroup/machine/printer

Or try:

smb://workgroup;username:password@machine/printer

Once again, Panther makes all this MUCH easier, by letting you browse
to the printer.

4) But once you've done everything in #3, in both Jaguar and Panther,
you still need to manually select the proper driver from a long list
that includes both the printer drivers Apple includes in the OS and
the GIMP-Print drivers.

It ain't easy-- but if you upgrade to Panther, it's MUCH better!
0
alan103 (121)
10/27/2003 2:57:46 PM
I have a follow-up question, only in reverse.

I have an iMac running Panther with an HP Photosmart 1218 printer
connected to it via USB. I would like to be able to print to said
printer from my XP notebook.

I've turned on Printer sharing and attempted to change the printer
port assigned to the 1218 on the XP from USB to TCP/IP. No bueno.
Apple help says to print via SMB?

Anyone done this before?

Thanks a bunch,
bE

Alan Zisman <alan@nospam.zisman.ca> wrote in message news:<gobqpvomhvq9kjktre9okd1hfo9f93ft1c@4ax.com>...
> [...]
> for instance, I might have an HP LJ1000 with a share name LJ1000
> connected to my Dell laptop, with a network name DELL... In that case,
> I could try connecting to:
>
> smb://DELL/LJ1000
>
> But that might not work! You might need to add your username,
> password, and workgroup to the command:
>
> smb://username:password@workgroup/machine/printer
>
> Or try:
>
> smb://workgroup;username:password@machine/printer
>
> Once again, Panther makes all this MUCH easier, by letting you browse
> to the printer.
>
> 4) But once you've done everything in #3, in both Jaguar and Panther,
> you still need to manually select the proper driver from a long list
> that includes both the printer drivers Apple includes in the OS and
> the GIMP-Print drivers.
>
> It ain't easy-- but if you upgrade to Panther, it's MUCH better!
wme (3)

networking mac to mac???
Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 36199371860304980107073482417748002696458P|dc Jon <see_signature@mac.com.invalid> wrote: > 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx > > Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on > one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And > you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. Correction: tcp/ipp of course needs to be enabled on the ethernet port on _both_ machines. File sharing, however, is only necessary on one (preferably the Mac OS X machine). -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 36199371860304980107073482417748002696458P|dc In article <1hxqr6q.1u7ne805d0g7N%see_signature@mac.com.invalid>, see_signature@mac.com.invalid (Jon) wrote: > ...

Printing to a Mac printer from Windows XP
I want to set up a network where a Mac (OS 10.3) is connected to a USB printer but where most of the clients are Windows XP machines. Can someone either give me a simple step by step for configuring things, or point me to a resource that has instructions? Thanks. Jim Jim McCord wrote: > I want to set up a network where a Mac (OS 10.3) is connected to a USB > printer but where most of the clients are Windows XP machines. Try <http://www.18james.com/osx_printer_sharing.html>. -- Ronald Florence ron.18james.com In article <8Kv8d.13381$pN6.11434@fed1read06>, Ronald Florence <ron@18james.com> wrote: > Jim McCord wrote: > > > I want to set up a network where a Mac (OS 10.3) is connected to a USB > > printer but where most of the clients are Windows XP machines. > > Try <http://www.18james.com/osx_printer_sharing.html>. Yep -- it can be done but is a bit of a pain. Remember to tell the XP machine that it's printing to an AppleLaserwriter so that CUPS can properly translate the stream. I spent more time finding a Gimp/CUPS Canon driver that got the WinXP print file to look right on my Canon printer! :-( . (Nothing perfectly matched my S530D) On 10/5/04 3:00 PM, in article carl-9021E3.18000605102004@comcast.dca.giganews.com, "Carl Witthoft" <carl@witthoft.com> wrote: > In article <8Kv8d.13381$pN6.11434@fed1read06>, > Ronald Florence <ron@18james.com> wrote: > &g...

Mac to mac

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf Changes ------- Added drawer and zoom menu commands [DWa, NRi]. Added intelligent window zooming [NRi]. Added shapefile support. Added UTF-8 support [RSc]. Added cvtgxl, gvpack and gvpr tools [BSw]. Fixed page setup then close unexpectedly invoking save dialog [PRo]. HTML-like labels now work on 10.2 (use embedded expat instead of libxml2). Improved internal frameworks (added headers, consolidated dylibs). Tracked main build of 23 June. Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Mac OS X and Windows XP centralized users
What is the best (fastest and free licence) way to centralize the windows xp and mac os x users? I would to change-create-delete users from a unique computer... I dont' want use a Windows Server or Mac OS X Server. Thanks Michele In article <1fc6f85d-daa1-431d-8bf3-8449b42241c5@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, pese1375 <m.petito@gmail.com> wrote: > What is the best (fastest and free licence) way to centralize the > windows xp and mac os x users? > > I would to change-create-delete users from a unique computer... > > I dont' want use a Windows Ser...

Mac Systerm 7.x / Windows XP Printer
Does anyone know of a printer that has the following characteristics: 1. Has an Appletalk port that prints to Mac System 7.x; and 2. Has a USB or parallel port that prints to Windows XP; and 3. Is currently on the market? Thanks. If on the market means used and old, then maybe, but I don't think they ever made printers with USB and with an Appletalk port. However, if you are running system 7, you are going to be very limited as to what printers you can use unless you find drivers. Make sure you do your research before proceeding. Kind Regards, Nathaniel -- flik...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta > testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance > issues for 10G on Mac OS X? The PR suggests they've been clear that the OS X release will be production quality .. though since it won't be a "volume" platform, one may wonder about this in practise. > Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G > for Mac OS X, does anybody know? From what I've seen of screenshots, I believe OEM 10g is web-based JSP, so this seems likely. But just my inference, no real info. I use remote OEM from another box on my Powerbook for now (either XWindows or Windows Remote Desktop). SQL Plus otherwise.. Cheers Stu stuartc@mac.com (Stu Charlton) wrote in message news:<21398ab6.0402020845.4f2c5027@posting.google.com>... > Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote...

Windows XP Outloook Express to Mac OS X Mail
I recently switched from Windows XP to a Macbook Pro and I would like to convert my Outlook Express address book (.WAB format) and Outlook Express email (.dbx format) to the Mail application in OS X. How can I do this conversion? -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com In article <45bbae5f$0$1805$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>, Richard Kaplan <rkaplan@flyimc.com> wrote: > I recently switched from Windows XP to a Macbook Pro and I would like > to convert my Outlook Express address book (.WAB format) and Outlook > Express email (.dbx format)...

Mac OS X <--> Windows XP through router?
I can't figure out how to correctly set up a "Network Place" on a Windows XP machine connected to a router that also has Macs connected to it. The router dynamically assigns ip#s to each machine connected to it. I've succeeded in creating Network places that use an ip address, e.g. \\192.168.1.2\ThisMac where ThisMac is the name of the account I had created on a Mac named "ThisMac. But I don't want to use this method because the ip#s are assigned dynamically. If I try, on the XP machine, to set up a Network Place using the address \\ThisMac\ThisUser ...

Mac OS X use versus Windows XP use...
Reading one of George Graves rants about how hard it is to use Windows inspired me to make this post. We constantly see remarks about how hard it is to use Windows, and how easy it is to use Macs. I'd like to go on record as saying I don't use any OS. I use applications. I play games. Anything "easy" or "hard" about that is a product of the application. An OS can't make a good application out of a bad one. The OS is just the layer that schedules and alots resources, and handles interprocess communications. Any modern OS has drag and drop, and a consistant GUI, so don't even bother singing those tired old songs. In article <1153122152.009520.267270@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> wrote: > Reading one of George Graves rants about how hard it is to use Windows > inspired me to make this post. We constantly see remarks about how > hard it is to use Windows, and how easy it is to use Macs. Check. > I'd like to go on record as saying I don't use any OS. Since you use Windows. > I use applications. I play games. Anything "easy" or "hard" > about that is a product of the application. An OS can't make a > good application out of a bad one. The OS is just the layer that > schedules and alots resources, and handles interprocess > communications. Unless you're using OSX, which has OS-fucntions that automatic...

Printer Sharing between Mac OS X: Tiger and Windows XP SP2
I just got a new G4 Powerbook and am loving it, except for one thing. I can't get it to print to our home printer. Our home printer is an HP PSC 1610 All-In-One, and it is hooked up by USB to our Dell desktop running Windows XP SP2. We have a Netgear wireless router here, and I am hooked up to it through the built-in Airport Extreme card in the powerbook. Any ideas on how to get printer sharing to work? ...

Transferring files from windows xp to mac os x with an ethernet cable
i recently posted a message about transferring files from my windows xp machine to my mac os x. someone suggested that i use a ethernet cable to connect the two machines. i went ahead and plugged them in, but couldn't figure out how to have the machines recognize one another.. i believe me question was answered in the original thread, but it got deleted before i could read it.. i'd appreciate it if someone could fill me on on what the steps are after connecting both computers with the ethernet cable.. just to recap, i want to send windows files to the mac. Thanks, -Adam adam79@...

Prob networking Mac OS 10.3.4 with Windows XP
Hello, I am trying to set up a home network with a Mac G4 powerbook running OS 10.3.4 Panther with a Windows desktop running Windows XP Pro. They are connected via an ADL router and sharing an internet connection. When I tried to do this with Panther, I had no luck, but now I can: 1. share iTunes music without problem 2. ping the Windows machine from the Mac 3. see shared printers connected to the Windows machine (but the Windows machine does NOT see Mac printers) 4. connect from the Mac to shared folders on the Windows machine It is clear that the Mac is having no problem with the Windows computer (well, one problem -- I can't print on shared windows printers, but at least the Mac sees them). However, I cannot get the Windows machine to see the Mac at all. Not the printer, not on the network, nothing. The firewall is off on both machines. I think it is still on on the router. I recently upgraded from OS 10.2.8 to 10.3.4 if that makes a difference. I did mess with CUPS quite a bit when trying to get the printers connected with the older system. I assume the upgrade overwrote this, but may be not. All I can see is that the Mac is blocking any incoming Windows traffic (with the exception of iTunes). I do have Windows sharing and Printer sharing activated. Any thoughts? Thanks! ...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler sleeps on an anthill." --Afghani /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. On 2012-09-21 3:05 PM ANTant@zimage.com (Ant) wrote: > Hi. > > Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife > like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! > Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 > MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one > from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to > import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his > photo(graph)s? I rec...

Mac, Mac <-> PC & Mac <-> Unix networking for Dummies?
Any good introductory guides to building your own Mac/PC/Unix LAN, understanding modems, ADSL, Firewalls, etc? I ask on behalf of a friend setting up a small home LAN for the first time, but frankly I'd love such a guide for myself! There are a lot of grey areas in networking for me and stuff I just do without fully understanding why. Any and all help much appreciated :-) Regards, Jamie Kahn Genet -- I am Pentium of Borg, Division is Futile, You will be approximated! ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

Java JDK1.5 App on Mac OS X different look than on Windows XP
Hello All, I have a Java application I have been developing and using for years on Windows. I just recently started testing this application on a brand new iMac with OS X 10.4.10 and Java SE 1.5. The Mac version of the application looks different that the Windows version. The JButtons on the toolbar are 2 different sizes on the Mac and not Windows XP and JButtons in another toolbar have no borders on the Mac but do on Windows XP. Anyway, my question is: Does anyone have any Java experience on the Mac and if so, are there any documents that might explain differences in the Apple iMac version of Java SE 1.5 vs the Sun Windows version Java SE 1.5? Thanks in advance, On Sep 13, 8:47 pm, chewie54 <dfabrizi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone have any Java experience on the Mac and if so, are there > any documents that might explain differences in the Apple iMac version > of Java SE 1.5 vs the Sun Windows version Java SE 1.5? The Apple website has a ton of Mac OS X Java information. As a general rule, use layout managers and don't hardcode sizes and positions. Further, avoid messing with widget settings to overwrite default behavior or default representations. This often breaks on other platforms and PLAFs. On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:47:29 -0000, chewie54 <dfabrizio51@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : > >Does anyone have any Java experience on the Mac and if so, are there >any documents that might expl...

OS X 10.3 File Sharing with Windows XP
Here's my setup: I have a home network with one XP pro machine and a Mac G5. I've set up file sharing successfully, both computers can see eachother perfectly. My question is: from the Mac, I can only access the Shared folders that I've set up on the Windows machine, but from Windows, it looks like I have total access to the home user directory on the Mac. I'd like to limit this access to one Public folder in one user account on the Mac. I'm using the Windows box as a server, so I'd rather get rid of Windows sharing on the Mac altogether than allow full access to the M...

Mac's OS X versus Window's XP, General Discussion
I would like to hear anyone's comments, opinions, "proof", etc. about the relative merits and drawbacks of the specific OSs that run on _modern_ Mac hardware and modern PC hardware. (any brand of PC hardware, as long as it is modern) If possible, I would prefer the discussion to be about two specific OSs, the Windows XP (home edition), and the Apple OS X, the current OS being 10.3.6 I probably have the wrong picture about the relative merits and drawbacks. Let me put it in words, then possibly some here could correct my assumptions, or even add new things I am not aware of. The assumption here is that the "latest and greatest" general consumer hardware is being used on both platforms. In all cases below OS X is being compared against XP, home edition. Merits of OS X - - - **************************************** 1) Stronger inherent security of the OS X itself against viruses. 2) Easier for a newbie to learn, assuming newbie stays away from OSX's command line. (Unix) 3) Better support for popular hardware drivers. 4) Fairly good support for Unix in the same OS X. 5) Better support for the "creative arts", i.e. desktop publishing, creating movies, creating advertising, etc. 6) OS has better stability against crashing. 7) Important OS configuration features tend to be better located in a central location, instead of being scattered all over. ***************************************** Merits of OS XP, home...

Recent "Security Update" trends
Today I downloaded and installed "Security Update 2004-04-05" on my Mac (I'm running Mac OS X 10.2.8). Out of curiosity I compared my recent Mac OS X security update history to that of my Windows XP machine. Since December 2003, I've installed the following security/critical updates on each system: *** Mac OS X *** 2003-12-08 "Security Update 2003-11-19" (1.0) 2003-12-08 "Security Update 2003-12-05" (1.0) 2004-01-14 "Security Update 2003-12-19" (1.0) 2004-02-03 "Security Update 2004-01-26" (1.0) 2004-03-08 "Security Update 2004-02-23" (1.0) 2004-04-09 "Security Update 2004-04-05" (1.0) *** Windows XP *** 2003-12-11 Security Update for Windows XP (KB810217) 2004-01-14 Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483) 2004-02-03 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB832894) 2004-02-10 Critical Update for Windows (KB833407) 2004-02-10 Security Update for Windows XP (KB828028) So, since December 2003 I've installed six Mac OS X Security Updates vs five Windows XP Security/Critical Updates. It doesn't look like either OS has a security advantage over the other. If Macs were as popular as Windows, and therefore were as large a target of attacks, there's little evidence that Macs would be any less vulnerable than Windows. Macs are more "secure" because nobody targets them, pure and simple. Security via obscurity. ;-) Can anybody h...

Matlab on Intel Mac
Hi, With the Intel macs, one can run Mac and Windows simultaneously by using either "parallels" or "crossover". In such a case, would anyone know if it would be better to install Matlab under Windows or Mac X11? Thanks. Suresh "Suresh Narayanan" <sureshn@aps.anl.gov> wrote in message news:ef5acf5.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > With the Intel macs, one can run Mac and Windows simultaneously by > using either "parallels" or "crossover". In such a case, would anyone > know if it would be better to install Matlab under Windows or Mac > X11? > > Thanks. > > Suresh I read here that if one buy a copy of Matlab for one platform, then they can get a free copy of Matlab for another platform. So if you have intel mac allready, you can order a free Matlab copy for the other platform, and check it out. Next version of mac OS (leopard) will have build into it the ability to switch between mac and windows without rebooting (i.e hit one key on the keyboard, and you'll be in windows, hit the key again, and you'll go back to mac OS) Nasser Abbasi wrote: > > > > "Suresh Narayanan" <sureshn@aps.anl.gov> wrote in message > news:ef5acf5.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... >> Hi, >> >> With the Intel macs, one can run Mac and Windows simultaneously > by >> using either "parallels" or "crossover". In such a case...

You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume.
Hi Group, Decided to reinstall OSX today on my MAC Book. _ Boy was this a mistake_ I booted off the DVD and changed the partition setup to two instead of one using the disk utility program. Selected MAC OSX Extended Journaled for both paritions. Now in the installer when I come to select the drive to install on I get the message "You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume." There is a red explaination mark on the drive. I have reboot, reformatted the drive back one parition using the disk util program and I still have the same proble...

Web resources about - Network Printing (Mac X to Windows XP) - comp.sys.mac

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Injured toucan gets beak repair courtesy of 3D printing
A custom prosthetic beak-piece helps a toucan rescued from animal smugglers eat and groom normally once again. 3D printing isn't just for people ...

Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030
Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030

Pranksters scammed Nintendo fans with 3D printing and Photoshop
It's getting tougher and tougher to determine what's real on the Internet. Thanks to Photoshop and 3D printing you can create nearly anything. ...

3D Printing Your Own Braces Works, Is a Terrible Idea
At the age of nine, I became the first kid in my elementary school class to get braces. They did their job, but by the time I left college, I’d ...

Join Us at the Greatest 3D Printing Festival on Planet Earth
Winter is hanging on like clinical depression, which means it’s that time again for the greatest 3D-printing festival on the planet Earth. It’s ...

3-D Printing: Gigi The Macaw Gets First-Ever Titanium Prosthetic Beak (PHOTOS)
Gigi the macaw is the first-ever recipient of the world's first 3-D-printed titanium beak.

Archinaut, A 3D Printing Robot To Make Big Structures In Space
Historically, the only way to get anything into orbit has been by rocket; a process that is massively expensive, cumbersome, and presents a slew ...

Architecture students develop a 3D-printing pen that “draws” incredible acrylic structures in mid-air ...
Read the rest of Architecture students develop a 3D-printing pen that “draws” incredible acrylic structures in mid-air