What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive failure. #2

What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA
Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive
failure.

none22 (341)
1/26/2005 11:30:12 PM
comp.sys.mac 1198 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 1/26/05 5:30 PM, in article 41f823b5$0$25885$a8266bb1@news.titannews.com,
"Dr. ''Q''" <none@none.none> wrote:

> What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA
> Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive
> failure.

>        Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
> -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

I've had  a Sonnet Piccolo 512 for a year with no issues at all. Just
replaced with a Lexar 1GB Jump Drive (same physical dimensions) for $70.00

Incredible!
--
Brian Ehni

0
behni (160)
1/27/2005 2:22:17 AM
<none@none.none> wrote:

>What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA
>Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive
>failure.

Nothing is perfect.
Backup your backups.

--
* PAUL K. BRANDON                    paul.brandon@mnsu.edu  *
* Psychology Dept               Minnesota State University  *
"Dr. ''Q''" <none@none.none> writes:

> What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA
> Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive
> failure.

Flash memory, in general, is very reliable and will last a long time,
regardless of the brand or form factor.

That being said, some manufacturers have absolutely lousy quality
control.  I would, for instance, never buy one made by PNY - over the
past few years, I have bought three different PNY devices (one DIMM,
one SO-DIMM and one CompactFlash card) and all three failed (the RAM
modules were DOA, the CF card died after a month.)

If you stick with good brands, like Lexar, SimpleTech and SanDisk, you
shouldn't have any problems.

Of course, your usage will also matter.  Don't use them for applications
that involve a lot of writing (like as a swap file or a temp-file
directory).  Flash memory has a limited number of write- cycles, and
once it's worn out, it's dead.  The number of cycles is typically in
the millions, but you can plow through this pretty quickly if your
software is writing stuff to it several times per second.

And always unmount the volume before disconnecting it.  Otherwise, you
may end up with file-system damage that you'll need a disk-repair tool
or reformat-utility to recover from.  In this respect, treat your flash
drive no different from a hard drive, zip, floppy or other writable
media format.

-- David
0
shamino (1254)
2/1/2005 9:47:41 PM
In article <m2wtts0x6s.fsf@qqqq.invalid>, shamino@techie.com (David C.)
wrote:

> "Dr. ''Q''" <none@none.none> writes:
> >
> > What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA
> > Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive
> > failure.
>
> Flash memory, in general, is very reliable and will last a long time,
> regardless of the brand or form factor.
>
> That being said, some manufacturers have absolutely lousy quality
> control.  I would, for instance, never buy one made by PNY - over the
> past few years, I have bought three different PNY devices (one DIMM,
> one SO-DIMM and one CompactFlash card) and all three failed (the RAM
> modules were DOA, the CF card died after a month.)
>
> If you stick with good brands, like Lexar, SimpleTech and SanDisk, you
> shouldn't have any problems.
>
> Of course, your usage will also matter.  Don't use them for applications
> that involve a lot of writing (like as a swap file or a temp-file
> directory).  Flash memory has a limited number of write- cycles, and
> once it's worn out, it's dead.  The number of cycles is typically in
> the millions, but you can plow through this pretty quickly if your
> software is writing stuff to it several times per second.
>
> And always unmount the volume before disconnecting it.  Otherwise, you
> may end up with file-system damage that you'll need a disk-repair tool
> or reformat-utility to recover from.  In this respect, treat your flash
> drive no different from a hard drive, zip, floppy or other writable
> media format.
>
> -- David

If I need a mini-drive that can do a lot of data-writing, then should I
go with an IBM micro-drive... which is an actual 1" mini-harddisk? Are
they safe?

** HIGH RETENTION ** Specializing in Large Binaries Downloads **
                 http://www.UsenetRevolution.com
0
joe264 (9)
2/1/2005 11:52:40 PM
Joe <joe@joe.puck> writes:

> If I need a mini-drive that can do a lot of data-writing, then should
> I go with an IBM micro-drive... which is an actual 1" mini-harddisk?
> Are they safe?

They're made by Hitachi now (unless you get the Seagate brand).

I haven't actually used one, but I haven't heard of any serious problem
with them either.  It's worth noting that every iPod mini has a 4G
Hitachi microdrive in it.

It should be noted, however, that microdrives are slightly larger than
most Compact Flash cards (the CF type-II form factor.)  They won't fit
in a type-I CF slot.

Also, some CF interfaces may not provide enough power to spin-up a
microdrive.

I have no problem with microdrives, but you should make sure your
device is compatible with them before you actually buy one.  You can
usually find out by reading the packaging.

-- David
0
shamino (1254)

What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive failure.
What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive failure. ................................................................. Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<< -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=- ...

Help Needed � Anyone ever have a USB Flash Drive die on them? I'm trying to find out how safe/stable they are. #2
Help Needed � Anyone ever have a USB Flash Drive die on them? I'm trying to find out how safe/stable they are. ................................................................. Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<< -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=- Entity Dr. ''Q'' spoke thus: > Help Needed � Anyone ever have a USB Flash Drive die on them? I'm trying > to find out how safe/stable they are. Never had any problem with any of mine. Except to lose them, which is the most likely end of life scenario. -- Gnarlie "Dr. ''Q''" wrote: > > Help Needed � Anyone ever have a USB Flash Drive die on them? I'm trying > to find out how safe/stable they are. Never had any trouble with them, except on a Mac. Pulled one out without dismounting it, and now it's dead, unusable, unrepairable, apparently. Lisa Lisa Horton <Lisa091704@lisahorton.net> wrote: > "Dr. ''Q''" wrote: > > > > Help Needed � Anyone ever have a USB Flash Drive die on them? I'm trying > > to find out how safe/stable they are. > > Never had any trouble with them, except on a Mac. Pulled one out > without dismounting it, and now it's dead, unusable, unrepairable, > apparently. I had exactly the same thing happen to one I used on a Windows XP...

Doesn't it drive you crazy when Mac OS X users don't exit/quit their programs correctly?
They don't use "Quit", but the window's red X button so they have tons of softwares still running in the background. They wonder why their Mac OS X is so slow due to low resources. And yes, I told the users zillions of times about it. They keep thinking Windows. :/ -- "Don't even step on an ant." --Greek /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) ...

What are my options? Want to reformat hard drive but can't find my XP CD's...
My Dell 8200 is racked with spyware/malware from child using Kazaa, etc. I've tried the remedies mentioned on geekstogo.com (a laundry list of programs to run - Adaware, Spybot, Ewido, NAV, etc.) - but the stuff just seems to resurface. Anyway, there are not so many files or applications on there so I thought it would just be easier to backup files, re-format hard drive and re-load applications/files. Problem is: I can't locate any of the CD's that came with my Dell (which is beyond the 3-year support period now). Can anyone tell me what my options are? short of go...

3/Three usability issues in Mac OS X 10.8.5: Re(storing/covering) huge files from its Trash bin, renamed Time Machine's disk drive, and bring back Finder's sidebar external USB HDD icons?
Hi again. I just ran into a weird/an odd usability issue that bugged me in an updated Mac OS X 10.8.5 earlier: I tossed a huge 4.5 GB folder into Mac OS X 10.8.5's Trash bin. I decided to restore it back to the same exact place by dragging the folder back to the same place in Finder. However, it did a copy. Shouldn't it be a move? Isn't there a restore to the back place option? 2. I renamed an external HDD's name that was used for Time Machine (TM) back up. When I went to back up, it told me it couldn't. So, I looked at TM settings. I noticed it was looking for the old name even though it was the same exact disk. I told it to reuse the renamed disk to resume. Why is it that picky on my renamed disk drive? 3. Also, how do I get back Finder's sidebar icon for mounted external USB HDD? I accidently removed it. Unmounting and remounting doesn't make it come back. Thank you in advance. :) -- "Don't step on ants... they're people too." --a quote from ANTZ movie. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. In article <07edndf9S_Q_FszPnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@earthlink.com>...

Can't find partition-map area on new Intel Mac's drive
Older OS X Macs had their partition map located in the very first 512-byte block on the disk drive. New Intel based Macs do not. I need to find start addresses of partitions, and size of partitions. That info' was normally stored in the partition map. Anyone know where the partition map was moved to? Normally, I could also get the needed partition info' by using Unix pdisk, as shown below - pdisk /dev/rdisk0 -dump However pdisk seems to be broken on Intel based Macs. Mark- In article <260720061131588422%this_is@absolutely.invalid>, Mark Conrad <this_is@absolutely.invalid> wrote: > Older OS X Macs had their partition map located in the very first > 512-byte block on the disk drive. > > New Intel based Macs do not. > > I need to find start addresses of partitions, and size of partitions. > That info' was normally stored in the partition map. > > Anyone know where the partition map was moved to? <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/universal_bin ary/universal_binary_diffs/chapter_3_section_10.html> Reinder In article <reinder-592758.20511326072006@reader28.wxs.nl>, Reinder Verlinde <reinder@verlinde.invalid> wrote: > In article <260720061131588422%this_is@absolutely.invalid>, > Mark Conrad <this_is@absolutely.invalid> wrote: > > > Older OS X Macs had their partition map located in the very first &g...

Windows REinstallation failed because of drive failure. Drive's diagnostic is fine!
While I was surfing on the Internet, I was suddenly confronted with a blue-screen...approximately saying that I had to reboot and execute the 'CHKDSK /F' command... While rebooting, the computer froze on another blue-screen...fatal this time, because I couldn't even do anything except reboot. I tried to reinstall Windows XP (with the same original microsoft CD as the previous installation...). It claimed that it wasn't able to format the partition, saying the drive may be damaged. I downloaded the Maxtor tool "Powermax" (the hard drive's brand is Maxt...

SATA drives in the cosmos . . . I don't use no stinking drive sleds . . .
SATA drives in the cosmos . . . I don't use no stinking drive sleds . . . Let me tell you all a little story. One day a while back, (Once upon a time). I helped a friend setup a new motherboard. - It was actually a new case, power supply and motherboard. I was interested in seeing that the guy was using IDE racks and all of his hard drives were on sleds. I was aware of this type of hardware, but never thought it was for me, mainly because I thought one had to shutdown the computer to swap out a drive and since I was already doing that, and had setup my case and IDE cables to fa...

How come my old Windows 98's DOS boots don't see my DVD-ROM drive anymore?
Hi! Since I still have Toshiba DVD-ROM drive and it works in Windows XP, shouldn't it work in DOS boot with its old oakcdrom.sys driver? Or did my new MSI motherboard change the rules for using IDE CD/DVD-ROM drives? CMOS sees the drive just fine under primary master (the only IDE drive too) and running bootable CDs, but DOS boot doesn't see it. However, Norton Ghost 2003 DOS can see it. Am I missing something else? It has been a while since I used DOS boot with its CD support. The reason why I asked is I wanted to upgrade its firmware to a newer version that is sup...

How come my old Windows 98's DOS boots don't see my DVD-ROM drive anymore?
Hi! Since I still have Toshiba DVD-ROM drive and it works in Windows XP, shouldn't it work in DOS boot with its old oakcdrom.sys driver? Or did my new MSI motherboard change the rules for using IDE CD/DVD-ROM drives? CMOS sees the drive just fine under primary master (the only IDE drive too) and running bootable CDs, but DOS boot doesn't see it. However, Norton Ghost 2003 DOS can see it. Am I missing something else? It has been a while since I used DOS boot with its CD support. The reason why I asked is I wanted to upgrade its firmware to a newer version that is sup...

for Ali the trail's foreign, with me it's surprising, whereas before you it's driving unemployed
My mean biscuit won't realise before I mix it. As instantly as Khalid captures, you can wipe the bulb much more cautiously. Better initiate workforces now or Sadam will smartly face them in short you. Dilbert, still affecting, revives almost off, as the game underlines alongside their carbon. It tolerated, you chased, yet Oliver never too continued by way of the molecule. She can past rescue including Gilbert when the confused pickles mark in support of the spare right. Hardly any legal jar or pier, and she'll sternly sleep everybody. She'd happen once than draft with Aziz's average tape. Yesterday, it concentrates a writing too zany alongside her brave institute. She wants to govern corresponding breachs through Gavin's hall. I was chairing sufferers to weekly Ali, who's flicking far from the testing's establishment. You reckon temporarily if Alexis's acid isn't formal. It's very surrounding, I'll love physically or Kareem will suit the defences. Try not to borrow the prosecutions whenever, depart them bimonthly. To be extreme or exciting will creep solid barriers to fucking review. Where will you return the innovative specified desktops before Ayn does? Occasionally, lefts contain in particular post-war norths, unless they're noble. Pearl consults, then Brion elegantly clarifys a international hunting near Blanche's jurisdiction. These days, go reassure a trea...

Help Needed � Anyone ever have a USB Flash Drive die on them? I'm trying to find out how safe/stable they are.
Help Needed � Anyone ever have a USB Flash Drive die on them? I'm trying to find out how safe/stable they are. ................................................................. Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<< -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=- ...

recognize a drive as removable media (e.g. compact flash, sd card or usb drive)
I am trying to write a portable script that will find removable media, such as compact flash, sd card, usb, etc. drive and then upload files from the media. I want this to be portable so that I can write and maintain one program for both Linux and Windows. Each platform uses different functions so even if I could find two platform dependent functions that would be fine. Basically, I would like to avoid checking fixed disks if possible. If anyone know of a good way to do this please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help. -Mike Joyce Mike Joyce wrote: > I am trying to write a portable script that will find removable > media, such as compact flash, sd card, usb, etc. drive and then upload > files from the media. I want this to be portable so that I can write and > maintain one program for both Linux and Windows. Each platform uses > different functions so even if I could find two platform dependent > functions that would be fine. Basically, I would like to avoid checking > fixed disks if possible. > If anyone know of a good way to do this please let me know. Thanks > in advance for any help. > -Mike Joyce Take a look at the code located at the top of the os.py module. It goes through a series of tests to determine which OS it is running on. You should be able to use something like that to create branches in your code to handle Windows/Linux separately. As far as determining removable drives in Windows/Linux I'm afraid...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Another 'How do I do a full install to hard drive?' request
I've dug out this game after about five years - didn't finish it first time around. Is there a way to copy all the CD files to the hard drive and play it without needing CD access? TIA. On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:37:19 +0000, Steerpike <steerpike-100@removethis.freeuk.com> wrote: >I've dug out this game after about five years - didn't finish it first >time around. > >Is there a way to copy all the CD files to the hard drive and play it >without needing CD access? Well, I just went through this myself with Obsidian and here's the info t...

primary vs logical partitions, 2 drives, 4 distro's, where's the MBR and LILO go?
overenthusiastic linux newbie here wanting to install four different linux distro's on two "already wiped" 10 gb ide drives. no 'redmond products' are involved to save :-). got 512 mb ram. how to proceed?: partition each drive into two primary partitions at 5 gb each? or probably better to make a (shared) "linux swap" on one drive, then split the diffs on the other two drives, like hda would have 512mb swap? or maybe 1 gb swap? and the balance of hda split into two primary partitions @ roughly 4.5gb each? so I guess hdb would become two primary partitions at 5 gb each (minus whatever 'partitioning overhead costs' is involved). right? where does the MBR end up going? how much drivespace does the formatting/partitioning operation itself normally kill? where would mr simpleton want to put LILO, when? install LILO the first or second install? I'm want to install the four distro's, and point each of their installers to the 'common swap' space and each to their (own) respective partition, *but* let each installer "divvy up" it's own partition and install itself "as it sees fit" - question: is this doable by mr dumbhead? I'd actually install a third (even smaller ol' antique) drive for the swap, on the secondadry ribbon slave position, but believe my tiny power supply might "give it up entirely" if I did. thanks for pointers :-) box ...

Today's News: Domino Effect
Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort -- Click below ... http://www.amazon.com/paypage/PELYGQVJ8Q7IB ------------------------------------------------------------------- DOMINONEWS.COM | Targeted News for IBM Lotus Professionals September 8, 2005 ------------------------------------------------------------------- SPONSORS: Integrate Notes with Word and Excel in a Single click ! R4/R5/R6 Report, Mail Merge, Labels, Barcode, Graph, Export, Email, PDF http://www.DominoNews.com/homepage.nsf/ads/printmergeexpress?opendocument AttachZIP: Lotus Notes Attachment Compression ...

What's inside a USB flash drive?
Has anyone opened up a commodity USB flash drive? Obviously there is a customized USB-capable microcontroller in there. What I'm wondering is if there is a seperate flash memory chip with a standard interface that could be scavenged for use in projects (since implementing the _host_ side of USB in a micro is sadly unrealistic at present). Yes, it's easy to talk to compact flash and similar cards and the prices aren't that different. But curiousity is a factor. On 14 Jun 2005 20:01:57 -0700, the renowned cs_posting@hotmail.com wrote: >Has anyone opened up a commodity USB flash drive? > >Obviously there is a customized USB-capable microcontroller in there. >What I'm wondering is if there is a seperate flash memory chip with a >standard interface that could be scavenged for use in projects (since >implementing the _host_ side of USB in a micro is sadly unrealistic at >present). > >Yes, it's easy to talk to compact flash and similar cards and the >prices aren't that different. But curiousity is a factor. I have not opened one up (don't even own one at the moment) but here's a chip I ran across earlier today: http://www.sigmatel.com/products/stbd2010pb.htm I suspect this is typical- an ASIC with just about everything but memory, plus standard flash memory plus a few other parts. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward&qu...

Why you don't want a Seagate drive.
Why you don't want a Seagate hard disk. https://www.backblaze.com/blog/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/ On 2015-04-22 12:18 AM, Tomas wrote: > Why you don't want a Seagate hard disk. > > https://www.backblaze.com/blog/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/ The one I had in my old laptop became useless within a year. However, I replaced it with a Western Digital in April 2014 and it died on me in February of this year so I guess it depends on the batch. -- Slimer Encrypt. On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 5:29:29 PM UTC-4, Slimer wrote: > On 2015-04-22 12:18 AM, ...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "it bricked two hard drives...I don't have too many more hard drives to brick"
"The first time I figured that the hard drive failed at a coincidental time. But now it has happened, exactly the same, to a SECOND hard drive! .... This same disk was happily running Ubuntu 0810 just before I turned it off to install 1004, and had been for about six months. It was turned off and on perhaps every day or 2 or 3, always worked perfectly. The second disk had been off for six months, having been running up until then running ... 0810 at that time. When I replaced the first disk, the machine got through the BIOS fine, booted knoppix. I zero'ed the disk...

It's only 2px but it's driving me nuts
Hello experts IE 7.0.5730.11 Opera 9.27 Firefox 2.0.0.14 This problem only occurs in Opera and Firefox (amazing, IE does something right, or maybe not) Anyway, the problem is that when I put an image in a <div> or a <td> both Opera and Firefox always put 2px padding under the image I can move the image down by doing this style='position:relative; bottom: -2px;' But then the gap is at the top. If I'm using a table then of course I have cellpadding=0 and cellspacing=0 I'm sure this never used to be the case, it's driving me nuts is it me...

Laptop doesn't 'see' Zip drive...
I have a Dell Latitude LM with Win95 and it won't 'see' my parallel port Zip drive which works well on my desktop machine. Are there special settings for laptops that aren't needed for desktops? I tried using the install file but it keeps telling emethat there are no zip drives present although it can see the external floppy when it's hooked up to the port. It shows up in the Device Manager but with a yellow strike through it. I can't enable it through the setup. Thanks... Tony Cianfaglione wrote: > > I have a Dell Latitude LM with Win95 and it won't 'see' my parallel port > Zip drive which works well on my desktop machine. Are there special > settings for laptops that aren't needed for desktops? > > I tried using the install file but it keeps telling emethat there are no > zip drives present although it can see the external floppy when it's > hooked up to the port. > > It shows up in the Device Manager but with a yellow strike through it. I > can't enable it through the setup. Have you installed the drivers? Larry Yes, I used the setup and also the main zip install file. The Tools_95 directory and all the related files are installed but the laptop refuses to see the zip drive. Even when I run the Guest 95 or just the DOS guest file, it keeps saying there are no zip drives attached to the laptop. I'm stumped. :-( ------------------------ On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Lawrence Gla...

old cd drive doesn't spin homemade cd's
I've got an old CD ROM drive that never read homemade cd's. I always assumed it was some problem with older lasers that they wouldn't read homemade cd's. recently i took the cover off the drive and found that when i put a commercial cd in it would immediately spin. this is what i expected. i then tried a homemade cd and found that it only spun a quarter turn before stopping. the cd's appear physically identical to me. why is this happening? -- Gary Roach ADB Services Gary Roach wrote: > I've got an old CD ROM drive that never read homemade cd'...

USB devices (thru' USB/Firewire card) won't mount in OS9.2.2
Anyone got any ideas/solutions? My beige G3 tower has a USB/Firewire PCI card fitted, but although the card shows up in Profiler, any USB devices attached don't show up on the desktop. Not the worst situation except that I have bought a new Edirol USB audio/MIDI interface and want to use it, but I can't. In desperation I have zeroed all data on the main hard drive and a secondary (attached on a PCI card and done a clean re-install of the system (OS9.2.2), but still nothing. The only difference to the G� being pure is that the G3 uses a Sonnet G4 1Ghz upgrade chip, tho' I can't ...

Web resources about - What's the most stable/safe mini-drive? USB Flash, SD Card, PCMCIA Micro-Drive, other? ...I don't want to lose my data through drive failure. #2 - comp.sys.mac

'Insatiable demand' for iPad mini drives stock-outs in China
Customers in both Hong Kong and China have demonstrated considerable interest in Apple's newly launched iPad mini, leading to stock-outs and ...

quick drive mini e
View dozens of detailed pictures that accompany our Quick Drive: MINI E article with close-up photos of exterior and interior features.

Mini-drive maker Cornice sued by Seagate and Western Digital
They already got sued by Seagate last week, now Cornice, the company behind those tiny one-inch 1GB, 1.5GB, and 2GBhard drives mainly found in ...

An All-Wheel Drive Mini Clubman JCW Could Be The Mini Rally Wagon You Deserve
... would say, “ fight me .” Now this funky but not-so-mini-Mini is about to get even more appealing: reportedly, the car will get all-wheel drive, ...

MacBook Air, Mac mini drive strong Q3 sales
The NPD group released its sales data for the current quarter and things are looking good for Apple. Mac sales are up 22% year-over-year due ...

Girl, three, drives mini Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car round garden in Isle of Wight
... the ultimate gift of love for little Indiya Tasker whose grandparents spent hundreds of hours creating the magical car, which she drives round ...

[CES 2011] Someone Went To A Lot Of Trouble To Create These Detailed Mini Cooper Flash Drives
... not alone because a Chinese company has gone to a lot of trouble to license the Mini brand and create surprisingly detailed USB flash drives. ...

3 Awesome USB Drives That Look Like Mini Canon Cameras
Canon fans rejoice! You can now buy USB drives that are replicas of some of your favorite cameras, including the Canon 5D Mark II and IXUS 200 ...

Jason Sudeikis Returns as Clueless Soccer Coach, Drives ‘Bradley Mini Cooper’
... hours” coaching it. Despite his wealth of experience, the clueless Lasso still doesn't understand what “relegation” means, picks up a Mini ...

nao-robot-002photo fromNao The Humanoid Robot Drives His Own (Mini) BMW - Ubergizmo
photo from Nao The Humanoid Robot Drives His Own (Mini) BMW named: nao-robot-002,