With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing se

With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my
PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet.
Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing set to on. I am able to
print from one Mac to another via sharing.
What about the PC ?

--
http://bergenbulldogradio.blogspot.com/
0

In article <il9Yg.1193$6D3.1191@trnddc01>, Marshall
<notmkatzman@verizon.net> wrote:

> With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my
> PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet.
> Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing set to on. I am able to
> print from one Mac to another via sharing.
> What about the PC ?

I looked at the System Preferences help on my Mac and this is what it
says to do to get a Windows machine to access a Printer on your Mac
that's set up for sharing.  Hope this helps.

"You can let Windows computers on your local network use any printer
connected to your computer.

If the Windows users install Bonjour for Windows, you can share your
printer with them using Bonjour. To share a printer, open the Print &
Fax preferences, then click sharing. Select the option to share
printers and select the printers you want to share. Use the Bonjour
Printer Wizard on the Windows computer to set up to print to your
printer.

Otherwise you can share your printer with Windows users by using
SMB/CIFS, as described below.

To share your printer with Windows users by using SMB/CIFS:
   1. In Print & Fax preferences, click Sharing.
   2. Select the "Share these printers with other computers" checkbox,
and then select the printers you wish to share.
   3. Click Show All, click Sharing, and then click Services.
   4. Select the Windows Sharing checkbox.

To print to your printer using SMB/CIFS, Windows users must configure
an SMB/CIFS network printer and use the Postscript printer driver, even
if the printer isn't a Postscript printer. Your Mac will translate the
Postscript code into code the printer can understand. Have the Windows
users see their Windows documentation for information on adding a
network printer.

WIndows users printing via SMB/CIFS do not see any location information
you may have entered for your printer.
Documents waiting to print on printers you're sharing are stored on
your hard disk. (That is, your computer hosts the queue for the
printer.)"

Shared USB Printer Unresponsive (Mac OS X)
Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a really annoying issue with my shared USB printer (Lexmark Z23 via MacOS X 10.3.7). It seems that it will work normally for a few days and then suddenly be unresponsive to print requests from other machines on the network. On the machine it's directly connected to, I can see that it is "PRINTING" in the Print Center, but nothing happens UNTIL I restart that printer-connected Mac. Any idea how to solve this problem and have a 24/7 working print server? Thanks, -Wendell -- ph: 773.880.1282 fx: 866.805.2744 icq: 12107743 aim: zephyrwendell gg: 7116285 y!: zephyrwendell web: http://www.zephyrsyndicate.com ...

Sharing/Accessing Mac-PC & PC-.Mac (Networking)
Hello group, I have a G3 Mac running Tiger, I would like to share it with a PC running XP as well as share the XP with the Mac. This would include sharing an HP printer hooked up to the Mac. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Printer Sharing between Mac OS X: Tiger and Windows XP SP2
I just got a new G4 Powerbook and am loving it, except for one thing. I can't get it to print to our home printer. Our home printer is an HP PSC 1610 All-In-One, and it is hooked up by USB to our Dell desktop running Windows XP SP2. We have a Netgear wireless router here, and I am hooked up to it through the built-in Airport Extreme card in the powerbook. Any ideas on how to get printer sharing to work? ...

Sharing printer PC and Mac
I use Mac OS 10.2.6 with a Brother HL1440 laser printer attached to the USB port. My husband uses a PC Win XP. We are connected together through the ethernet ports. He wishes to print on my printer. I am sure that one of the advertised features of OS10.2 was that this would be possible and have enabled printer-sharing and Windows sharing on the Mac. I can't make the PC cooperate however ! Please can someone help ? Thanks In article <7vySa.5301$47.716918@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>, "Sue Mackay" <sue.mackay@ntlworld.com> wrote: :> I use Mac OS 10.2.6 with a Brother HL1440 laser printer attached to the USB :> port. My husband uses a PC Win XP. We are connected together through the :> ethernet ports. He wishes to print on my printer. I am sure that one of the :> advertised features of OS10.2 was that this would be possible and have :> enabled printer-sharing and Windows sharing on the Mac. I can't make the PC :> cooperate however ! :> Please can someone help ? :> :> Thanks :> :> I'm doing just what you need to do, having an Epson connected to a Mac and printing to it daily from my Windows XP system used for work. I know of two web sites that offer information on how to do this. http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021101062604548 http://www.18james.com/osx_printer_sharing.html I've used the first one on two separate occasions and have never used the latter. But as I understand it...

Mac OS X machine suddenly stopped sharing its printer...what's going on?
I have a machine running Mac OS X (latest version) on a local network that has been sharing a USB connected printer for a while. Suddenly it's stopped sharing. I can ping the machine using either the IP address or the Rendezvous name, but the printer just won't show up on any of the other machines. Any idea where I might look to fix this? I rebuilt permissions, ran Print Center Repair, removed the printer and readded it on the host machine, etc, etc. Help!!! TIA, -Lotofun In article <bbCdnTkdDet92O3fRVn-hg@giganews.com>, Troubled Tony <tt@hotmail.com> wrote: > Lo...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. The library uses PowerPlant to display and handle a dialog box that communicates with the caller application. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron ...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron The JNI library must be Mach-O. It must be a dylib named "lib<yourlibname>.jnilib". I'm pretty sure there is sample code for JNI libs on the Apple Developer Site. You say that your nat...

How to use shared PC printer from Mac?
Have a PC and Mac G4 hooked to the Internet through a Linksys router using CAT 5 cable. Can get on the internet from both PC and Mac using cable modem hooked to the router. Have a PC with Windows XP and printer attached Have PC printer sharing on Have Zonealarm on PC Can see Mac on network from PC, but can't see anything about the PC from the Mac, I can just see the name of the Mac from the PC, nothing else. Can someone tell me the steps to get Mac to share/see the printer on the PC? eganders wrote: > Have a PC and Mac G4 hooked to the Internet through a Linksys router > using C...

How to use shared PC printer from Mac?
Have a PC and Mac G4 hooked to the Internet through a Linksys router using CAT 5 cable. Can get on the internet from both PC and Mac using cable modem hooked to the router. Have a PC with Windows XP and printer attached Have PC printer sharing on Have Zonealarm on PC Can see Mac on network from PC, but can't see anything about the PC from the Mac, I can just see the name of the Mac from the PC, nothing else. Can someone tell me the steps to get Mac to share/see the printer on the PC? eganders wrote: > Have a PC and Mac G4 hooked to the Internet through a Linksys router > using C...

PC and Mac sharing printer/cable modem
Two computers, one running Windows XP and one a new imac G5 running the latest Mac OS, are in the same room and want to share a printer and cable modem. What's the best way to do this, short of swapping wires back and forth (and resetting the cable modem each time)? Wireless network? If so, what exactly do I need to set this up. Is there a simpler solution? Thanks in advance. In article <1cfda5f6.0410081951.6a6a7e1c@posting.google.com>, lauravc@mindspring.com (Laura Van Sant) wrote: :> Two computers, one running Windows XP and one a new imac G5 running :> the latest Mac OS, are in the same room and want to share a printer :> and cable modem. :> :> What's the best way to do this, short of swapping wires back and forth :> (and resetting the cable modem each time)? :> :> Wireless network? If so, what exactly do I need to set this up. :> :> Is there a simpler solution? :> :> Thanks in advance. OS X and Win XP are both capable of sharing their connections, so you *could* simply set up one machine and then share its connection to the other. In my opinion, it's better to go ahead and get a router for your in-home network. It adds a layer of security by its nature, which is always a good thing. You can choose from any of a variety of brands. If your new iMac and your PC both have wireless capability already, then you can choose one that's only wireless. I would personally suggest getting one that has so...

Print from PC to Printer on Mac via Airport
Methinks the title pretty much says it all. We have several Macs and a single PC connected via Airport. The unfortunate soul who has to use the PC would like to use a printer connected to one of the Macs. If she was on any of the Macs this is trivial. What has to be done so that the PC can see the printer too? -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft "My dog never came across a bush he didn't like!" I think your situation might be easier if the printer was ethernet capable, was being used as a network printer, and the PC had the proper drivers. If it is a USB printer being serv...

Windows boxes not printing to shared Mac printers
A couple of weeks ago my home network was working just fine. I have a couple of printers shared off my Mac. I was able to get both Windows computers and Macs to print to the shared computers. I recently got a MacBook Pro which is now my main (always on) computer. I now have the printers shared off of the MacBook. While other Macs can print just fine, I can no longer get the Windows boxes to print on the shared printers. When adding a new printer on Windows, the wizard does see the printers just fine and adds them just like with the old Mac. However, when you try to print, nothing...

sharing a printer on a iBook-pc wireless network
We have a wireless router to which are connected a Win-XP PRO machine and two G4 iBooks. An HP parallel printer is attached by cable to the Win-XP machine. How can i print from an iBook ? Thnaks a lot, -jgp jean-guillaume pyraksos <jeapy@free.fr> wrote: > We have a wireless router to which are connected a Win-XP PRO machine > and two G4 iBooks. > An HP parallel printer is attached by cable to the Win-XP machine. > How can i print from an iBook ? > Thnaks a lot, I am no expert on this but since nobody else has replied, this is what I have: A Sams...

Exporting a share via NFS to Mac OS X
Hello, We have an OpenBSD 3.3 NFS server where we share data to various clients (Linux) and now we would also like to mount NFS shares on Mac OS X this doesn't work very well. It is possible to mount the share on Mac OS X, to browse it but then it's impossible to write anything in it... Our /etc/exports on OpenBSD 3.3 looks like that: /groupshare -mapall=nfsuser -network 192.168.0.0 -mask 255.255.0.0 Does anyone know what can be the problem ? Do I need anything other special in my /etc/exports file so that Mac OS X clients can have rw access ?? Many thanks...

OS 10.3 Printer sharing with PC on Ethernet LAN ???
I just upgraded to 10.3 Panther and so far I love it! I have a USB printer connected to each of our Imacs on our household Ethernet LAN and of course either Imac can use the other's printer. Is it possible, however, to configure the Imacs and my son's XP PC laptop on the same LAN so the PC can print on the printers physically connected to the Macs ? ? -- END - Message from: Mike Bryan, mbryan@magma.ca Stittsville, Ontario, CANADA K2S 1E5 ...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Print server for HP printer on Mac OS9 wireless network?
I recently set up a friend with broadband on a wireless network using a Netgear WGR614 attached to her Motorola Cable modem. She uses a couple of portable Macs (1 Powerbook + 1 iBook) running OS 9.22 to access the network from around her house. She also has a HP all-in-one type printer and would like to hook it up to the network so she can access it wirelessly (Currently she has to physically link up via USB whenever she want to print) All of the print server type products i've seen seem to require Windows to work so i'm kind of stumped about how to implement the remote printer access in this situation. Her printer is close to the wireless router and so could be directly linked to it via Ethernet cable or wirelessly, whatever works. If anyone knows a way to achieve this setup I would be grateful for any suggestions on implementation and hardware required. TIA! > She also has a HP all-in-one type printer and would like to hook it up > to the network so she can access it wirelessly (Currently she has to > physically link up via USB whenever she want to print) > > Her printer is close to the wireless router and so could be directly > linked to it via Ethernet cable or wirelessly, whatever works. > > If anyone knows a way to achieve this setup I would be grateful for any > suggestions on implementation and hardware required. Well, I think that is what Aiport Extreme does : sharing network and USB printer connections, but that means you...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf Changes ------- Added drawer and zoom menu commands [DWa, NRi]. Added intelligent window zooming [NRi]. Added shapefile support. Added UTF-8 support [RSc]. Added cvtgxl, gvpack and gvpr tools [BSw]. Fixed page setup then close unexpectedly invoking save dialog [PRo]. HTML-like labels now work on 10.2 (use embedded expat instead of libxml2). Improved internal frameworks (added headers, consolidated dylibs). Tracked main build of 23 June. Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

54g Wireless
Hi there, I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit WEP and the other is a brand new IBook with 128bit WEP security. Our wireless network router is a belkin but only allows us to set 64 bit OR 128 bit - is there anyway of allowing either of these computers onto the network whilst securing it? Thanks Wesley Blue Wezza <blue-wezza@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish > IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit W...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

OS X shares and PC shares
(Pre MacMini question) My home network has three PCs. Two are on my desk, the more feeble one having a network ID of MacMini in anticipation of it being swapped out for the real McCoy. That PC has XP. The others have Win2000. I have a refined work-a-day world of sharing DATA and STORE partitions on each PC with the other two PCs. So for example, I might obtain a JPG file from my camera or by mail on the "MacMini" computer. See it easily in Photoshop on my more powerful PC workstation. Edit it and then store the edited JPG on either computer. Then mail it to one of my yawning children from the "MacMini". I am clueless how shares look on OS X. If I get a real MacMini will this sharing be as fluid and painless as it is now? My only reference point is using Samba in Linux, but perhaps that doesn't count as my skill level in Linux was Neanderthal-like. I have a sysprog buddy whose wife has a Mac on their home network and he says they never exchange data. So I am beginning to sweat. Tom wrote: > (Pre MacMini question) > My home network has three PCs. Two are on my desk, the more feeble one > having a network ID of MacMini in anticipation of it being swapped out for > the real McCoy. That PC has XP. The others have Win2000. > > I have a refined work-a-day world of sharing DATA and STORE partitions on > each PC with the other two PCs. So for example, I might obtain a JPG file > from my camera or by mail on the "...

IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X?
IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X? I set up SAMBA on the LInux machine and the MAC (running the very latest OSX) can copy files to the SAMBA share at lightning speeds. When I try and copy files from the LInux machine to the Mac they take an eternity. So slow in fact I have to kill the process . I would appreciate any thoughts on why that maybe and also if there is a better way to share files (I guess HTTP-FTP would be the most sensible option ). navti wrote: > IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and > MAC O...

Sharing a Printer on a Home Network
Found a reference site with articles and pictures http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article64-page1.php Tip #2 talks about turning off Window's built-in firewall, since it does not customize well, just blocks everything Wife's computer came bundled with Norton Internet Security, which does have an option to allow file/printer sharing My computer uses the free Sygate Personal Firewall, which also allows customizing to allow file/printer sharing (Sygate was bought by Symantec, no more free software!) (But, for now, the product is still on a download site) http://www....

Web resources about - With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing se - comp.sys.mac

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID , or colloquially as one's 'papers') is any document which may be used to verify ...

New CSIRO document reveals scale of planned cuts to climate programs
... science units planned to slash four out of five researchers, all but eliminating its monitoring and climate modelling research, a new document ...

New CSIRO document reveals scale of planned cuts to climate programs
... science units planned to slash four out of five researchers, all but eliminating its monitoring and climate modelling research, a new document ...

ATO complaints spike driven by sluggish tax returns, documents show
Complaints to the ATO during tax time skyrocketed last year with thousands of Australians frustrated by slow tax returns, an ABC investigation ...

Meizu PRO 6 Could Cost $462, According To A Leaked Document
Meizu PRO 6 has been leaking left and right in the last couple of weeks. Meizu’s upcoming flagship was expected to be announced in the third ...

Government documents reveal Dyson is making an electric car
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , UK , Electric In a now-retracted government document, we learn that Dyson is getting UK government money ...

Chelsea Manning: Insider Threat document shows US government employees are under surveillance
The US government is busy putting thousands of its own employees under 'permanent surveillance' according to a document obtained by Chelsea Manning. ...

Book Documents 1,200 Cases of Persecution of Christians
Book Documents 1,200 Cases of Persecution of Christians

A crazy scandal at HubSpot involved 'email hacking' and 'extortion,' according to FBI documents
An FBI investigation into marketing tech company HubSpot reveals alleged "email hacking" and "extortion," according to documents seen by Business ...

North Korea tests solid-fuel rocket engine - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
North Korea's supreme leader Kim Jong-un has hailed the country's advance in nuclear strike capability after Pyongyang claimed of successfully ...