Problem Copying iMac Drive to External Drive

I just bought a new Fantom Firewire 160 GB external drive. I want to
copy my iMac's entire drive onto this, but I get error 128 (or is it
minus 128?). What do I need to do?

Thanks very much.
0
ksternberg1
5/31/2004 3:18:07 AM
comp.sys.macintosh 647 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <fdf9d657.0405301918.8c33475@posting.google.com>,
 ksternberg1@yahoo.com (Ken Sternberg) wrote:

> I just bought a new Fantom Firewire 160 GB external drive. I want to
> copy my iMac's entire drive onto this, but I get error 128 (or is it
> minus 128?). What do I need to do?
>
> Thanks very much.

Could be a permissions issue. Had you thought of using disk utility to
make an image of the drive to our firewire. Before that though repair
permissions

David

--
It it not the function of photography to give aesthetic
pleasure but to provide visual truth about the world

                                       Alfred Stieglitz
David