Converting creator and type codes in Visual Basic like in Visual C++

In Visual C++, creator and type codes are casted like

UInt32 ulCreator = 'CE1F';

How can I do this in Visual Basic?

Thanks
Ralph Krausse
www.consiliumsoft.com
Use the START button? Then you need CSFastRunII...
A new kind of application launcher integrated in the taskbar!
ScreenShot - http://www.consiliumsoft.com/ScreenShot.jpg
0
gordingin
4/13/2004 3:08:39 PM
comp.sys.palmtops.pilot 10856 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:08:39 -0700, Ralph Krausse wrote:

> How can I do this in Visual Basic?

	Start by choosing the right newsgroup to ask your question in.
0
John
4/13/2004 4:47:57 PM
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:47:57 -0400, John Doe <a.nonymous@abuse.org>
wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:08:39 -0700, Ralph Krausse wrote:
>
>> How can I do this in Visual Basic?
>
>	Start by choosing the right newsgroup to ask your question in.

I don't know the answer to the original question, but I don't
understand your concern. The portion of the post that you didn't quote
was a question regarding Palm programming. This participants of this
newsgroup may not all be technical types, but the post looked on topic
to me. He sure isn't going to find a Palm programming answer in a
visual basic newsgroup!

Erik
0
erikd
4/14/2004 2:48:12 AM
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:48:12 -0500, erikd@nospam.wanted.here wrote:

> I don't know the answer to the original question, but I don't
> understand your concern. The portion of the post that you didn't quote
> was a question regarding Palm programming. This participants of this
> newsgroup may not all be technical types, but the post looked on topic
> to me. He sure isn't going to find a Palm programming answer in a
> visual basic newsgroup!

Possibly it was a reference to pilot.programmer, thought that seems to be
a fairly low-volume group...

I seem to remember that there was a particular newsserver that had better
Pilot programming groups on it, but the only one I see now is referenced
here:
http://www.palmspot.com/joinin/palmspot_developer_primer.html#usenet

Not really sure...

--