Find Soft... HELP

Hello all,

I am looking for a program capable of doing the next:

File my clients (Name, Address, Tel., e-mail...)
File the service done to them (I repair hardware) date, hours taken and
price (paid and not paid opt.)
Te most important is to be able to see BY CLIENT the worked hours, the
payments and the debts, independently, but aswel have an option to see ALL
CLIENTS charges to have the monthly sum of what I got and what I still have
to get from them.

Possibility of includding hardware replacements, with price, to add to the
invoice would be apreciated...

Anyone knows a proggie that can do all, or nearly all this???

Thanks for your advices

Jose

---

Jose
10/13/2003 3:11:28 PM
comp.sys.palmtops.pilot 10856 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"Jose Lacruz" <jose.lacruz@telefonica.net> wrote in

> Hello all,
>
> I am looking for a program capable of doing the next:
>
> File my clients (Name, Address, Tel., e-mail...)
> File the service done to them (I repair hardware) date, hours taken
> and price (paid and not paid opt.)
> Te most important is to be able to see BY CLIENT the worked hours, the
> payments and the debts, independently, but aswel have an option to see
> ALL CLIENTS charges to have the monthly sum of what I got and what I
> still have to get from them.
>
> Possibility of includding hardware replacements, with price, to add to
> the invoice would be apreciated...
>
> Anyone knows a proggie that can do all, or nearly all this???

Sounds like a job for.... a database.  There are lots around, but I
recommend Pilot-DB, free, open-source, works very well.  It also has a
desktop editor available.

--
Regards,

Stan

0
Stan
10/13/2003 4:54:48 PM
Thanks, I think my ''database knoledge'' is close to zero...
I'm looking more of a ''ready to work'' proggie...

"Stan Gosnell" <fakename@fakehost.com> escreveu na mensagem
> "Jose Lacruz" <jose.lacruz@telefonica.net> wrote in
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am looking for a program capable of doing the next:
> >
> > File my clients (Name, Address, Tel., e-mail...)
> > File the service done to them (I repair hardware) date, hours taken
> > and price (paid and not paid opt.)
> > Te most important is to be able to see BY CLIENT the worked hours, the
> > payments and the debts, independently, but aswel have an option to see
> > ALL CLIENTS charges to have the monthly sum of what I got and what I
> > still have to get from them.
> >
> > Possibility of includding hardware replacements, with price, to add to
> > the invoice would be apreciated...
> >
> > Anyone knows a proggie that can do all, or nearly all this???
>
> Sounds like a job for.... a database.  There are lots around, but I
> recommend Pilot-DB, free, open-source, works very well.  It also has a
> desktop editor available.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Stan

---

Jose
10/13/2003 9:15:50 PM
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:15:50 GMT, "Jose Lacruz" <jose.lacruz@telefonica.net>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>Thanks, I think my ''database knoledge'' is close to zero...
>I'm looking more of a ''ready to work'' proggie...

Check out SmartList To Go.  They have hundreds of pre-made (Smart lists)
databases you can download.  Perhaps you can find one that is close to what you
need and then edit it.
http://www.dataviz.com/products/smartlisttogo/index.html
You can often find free smartlist (also known as TinyBytes) at
http://www.palmgear.com/

--
"Life is what you experience between racing games"
Galley

> Thanks, I think my ''database knoledge'' is close to zero...
> I'm looking more of a ''ready to work'' proggie...

Well, here's a good excuse to learn something new.  It's not that
difficult.  Point is, you have specific requirements, & no off-the-shelf
proggie is going to do what you want without tweaking.  It's no more
difficult to get Pilot-DB do it than to alter something else.

--
Regards,

Stan

0