Help completely removing Versamail from Treo 650. What are versamail file names so I can remove using Filez?

I need to completely remove Versamail from my Treo 650 (Cingular.)
I've created a blank account in versamail and deleted all old
accounts, but the Treo still says that Versamail is taking up 712K of
space in my apps!! There's nothing in it! Also, my palm is having some
issues that Palm support says are linked to Versamail, but I can't get
rid of the darn program!!!

I've got the Filez program but don't know exactly what the Versamail
DB files are named...can anyone help with that?

Thanks ahead of time.
Amanda

0
amanda
3/26/2007 9:29:34 PM
comp.sys.palmtops.pilot 10856 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

amanda a wrote:
> I need to completely remove Versamail from my Treo 650 (Cingular.)
> I've created a blank account in versamail and deleted all old
> accounts, but the Treo still says that Versamail is taking up 712K of
> space in my apps!! There's nothing in it! Also, my palm is having some
> issues that Palm support says are linked to Versamail, but I can't get
> rid of the darn program!!!
>
> I've got the Filez program but don't know exactly what the Versamail
> DB files are named...can anyone help with that?

  I was so fed up with the bugware that versamail is, that I removed the
program itself from rom with Treo RomTool.  Can't possibly have any trouble
with software that isn't there!

  I'm hesitant to give you more details though, because it's not really for
the feint-hearted.  You need to load a bit of software to make it work
beforehand, and RomTool has some minor irregularities that need it to be
installed in a certain manner to work properly.
  You shouldn't have any dramas using it once you've wrapped your head around
how it works, but you SHOULD backup every change you make (including your
original rom) just in case you stuff something up.  It helps if you date and
document what changes you made along the lines to help you find out where you
went wrong. (it's helped me at least once).

  Googling should help you with all that, plus what files are associated with
what applications (sometimes their names alone aren't a clue)- so you know
what to remove (and what not to remove!).
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>