Missing Sync (Mac OS X), Avantgo and Palm OS 4.x

Anyone have first hand experience with Missing Sync version that
bridges Hotsync of Mac OS X and Palm OS 4.x PDAs?

Does it really work? How well?

Whytoi
5/12/2004 8:51:52 AM
comp.sys.palmtops.pilot 10856 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In article <120520041851516693%whytoi@hotmail.com>,
 Whytoi <whytoi@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have first hand experience with Missing Sync version that
> bridges Hotsync of Mac OS X and Palm OS 4.x PDAs?
>
> Does it really work? How well?

DO NOT use Avantgo.

I've used it with Sony SJ20, SJ22, and TH55 to sync, install software,
and backup files with my Mac.  With the TH55, I've used "Date Export" on
the TH55 to mount the Memory Stick as a USB drive.

                                        Bob Harris
0
Bob
5/13/2004 2:30:32 AM
In article <harris-875CC7.22054212052004@cacnews.cac.cpqcorp.net>, Bob
Harris <harris@zk3.dec.com> wrote:

> In article <120520041851516693%whytoi@hotmail.com>,
>  Whytoi <whytoi@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone have first hand experience with Missing Sync version that
> > bridges Hotsync of Mac OS X and Palm OS 4.x PDAs?
> >
> > Does it really work? How well?
>
> DO NOT use Avantgo.
>
> I've used it with Sony SJ20, SJ22, and TH55 to sync, install software,
> and backup files with my Mac.  With the TH55, I've used "Date Export" on
> the TH55 to mount the Memory Stick as a USB drive.

So what's the reason for not using Avantgo?

Whytoi
5/13/2004 12:55:29 PM
In article <harris-875CC7.22054212052004@cacnews.cac.cpqcorp.net>,
 Bob Harris <harris@zk3.dec.com> wrote:

> In article <120520041851516693%whytoi@hotmail.com>,
>  Whytoi <whytoi@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone have first hand experience with Missing Sync version that
> > bridges Hotsync of Mac OS X and Palm OS 4.x PDAs?
> >
> > Does it really work? How well?
>
> DO NOT use Avantgo.
>
> I've used it with Sony SJ20, SJ22, and TH55 to sync, install software,
> and backup files with my Mac.  With the TH55, I've used "Date Export" on
> the TH55 to mount the Memory Stick as a USB drive.
>
>                                         Bob Harris

Actually, I've found Avantgo to be even better on my TH55. It supports
the full screen, and you can sync via WiFi, so no need to plug my TH55
into a cable for syncing. Plus Avantgo can be used as a browser if
Netfront has problems with some site.

So why not use it?

Bob B.
0
Bob
5/13/2004 4:09:53 PM
In article <harris-875CC7.22054212052004@cacnews.cac.cpqcorp.net>,
 Bob Harris <harris@zk3.dec.com> wrote:

> In article <120520041851516693%whytoi@hotmail.com>,
>  Whytoi <whytoi@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone have first hand experience with Missing Sync version that
> > bridges Hotsync of Mac OS X and Palm OS 4.x PDAs?
> >
> > Does it really work? How well?

I've used it on a Palm515 and it works fine. Presently I am
using MAL Conduit and haved used AvantGo USB sync in the past.
All these options seem to work.

Michael
0
Michael