netsync PC to PC?

Hi,
apologies if I bother you with a question that has been around for more
than a decade...

I have to synchronize the Palm databases on two PCs directly without the
handheld! Reason: both PCs run palmone desktop 4.1.4 (as recommended by
palm for my palm pilot). My palm pilot, however, is too old to install the
corresponding version. It runs on some older version but communication
with the PCs is ok.

Now, the desktop 4.1.4 has more data fields (e.g. in Adressbook) than the
handheld. I can't therefore, use the handheld anymore to synchronize these
additional fields.

Is there some way to synchronize two PCs directly via network?

Oskar von dem Hagen
0
Oskar
5/6/2008 3:48:58 AM
comp.sys.palmtops.pilot 10856 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 06 May 2008 05:48:58 +0200, Oskar von dem Hagen wrote:

> Hi,
> apologies if I bother you with a question that has been around for more
> than a decade...
>
> I have to synchronize the Palm databases on two PCs directly without the
> handheld! Reason: both PCs run palmone desktop 4.1.4 (as recommended by
> palm for my palm pilot). My palm pilot, however, is too old to install the
> corresponding version. It runs on some older version but communication
> with the PCs is ok.
>
> Now, the desktop 4.1.4 has more data fields (e.g. in Adressbook) than the
> handheld. I can't therefore, use the handheld anymore to synchronize these
> additional fields.
>
> Is there some way to synchronize two PCs directly via network?
>
> Oskar von dem Hagen

Export/import address book as CSV ?

0
Meat
5/6/2008 7:46:18 PM
On Tue, 06 May 2008 15:46:18 -0400, Meat Plow <meat@petitmorte.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 06 May 2008 05:48:58 +0200, Oskar von dem Hagen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> apologies if I bother you with a question that has been around for more
>> than a decade...
>>
>> I have to synchronize the Palm databases on two PCs directly without the
>> handheld! Reason: both PCs run palmone desktop 4.1.4 (as recommended by
>> palm for my palm pilot). My palm pilot, however, is too old to install the
>> corresponding version. It runs on some older version but communication
>> with the PCs is ok.
>>
>> Now, the desktop 4.1.4 has more data fields (e.g. in Adressbook) than the
>> handheld. I can't therefore, use the handheld anymore to synchronize these
>> additional fields.
>>
>> Is there some way to synchronize two PCs directly via network?
>>
>> Oskar von dem Hagen
>
>Export/import address book as CSV ?

Heck, I just synchronize the directories between my desktop and
laptop. Copy the files right over. Works fine.
0
Mike
5/7/2008 3:55:21 AM
> Heck, I just synchronize the directories between my desktop and
> laptop. Copy the files right over. Works fine.
That's what I do, too. However, nw and then I am not careful enough and
both PCs have different changes that should be synchronized.
Oskar

0
Oskar
5/7/2008 6:36:15 AM
On 07 May 2008 in comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Oskar von dem Hagen wrote:

>> Heck, I just synchronize the directories between my desktop and
>> laptop. Copy the files right over. Works fine.
> That's what I do, too. However, nw and then I am not careful enough
> and  both PCs have different changes that should be synchronized.

Are the two computers on the same network?  If so, put the data files in
a folder on one of them that you can share, and point the data location
in both versions of Palm desktop to the shared folder.  Tools>Options,
first tab in my ver 4.2 desktop.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/