please help with using an old palm pilot (3xe or 3.5) as a backup for a new palm pilot (zire 71 os5)

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else come across a similar problem to my own
and had a solution.

I recently purchased a Palm Zire 71 running OS 5.
I have been very happy with it, although I don't like to bring it with
me on long trips because I don't want to fork over $40 for a
travelling charger and it doesn't have replaceable batteries (yeah,
I'm cheap).
I do have a palm III xe (OS 3.5) which I bought the Zire 71 to
replace.

I want to copy all of my notepad and address and datebook files over
to my III xe (which has been hard reset and erased) as a backup in
case I ever lose or break my Zire 71, and also for travelling (as it
takes AAA batteries).

Does anyone know a simple way to do this?

I have crashed my IIIxe a bunch of times just trying to hotsync it
using the new desktop/hotsync software that came with the Zire 71.

thanks a bunch

Walter
0
wah
2/22/2004 7:31:55 PM
comp.sys.palmtops.pilot 10856 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

I do this frequently (from my newer Sony NR70 to my creaky Palm IIIx) --
just use FileZ (or other file manager) to beam the desired databases
(AddressDB, DatebookDB, etc.).  Works like a charm.

Tom