Avantgo and Mac OS X .. Any workaround?

Hello all,

Is there any way that I could use Avantgo using the Mac os X platform for my
Tungsten?

Thanks.

0
sartono (2)
8/4/2003 2:01:24 PM
comp.sys.palmtops 4109 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <BB548834.503DF%sartono@mac.com>, Fuji Sartono
<sartono@mac.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there any way that I could use Avantgo using the Mac os X platform for my
> Tungsten?
>
> Thanks.

Please contact AVANTGO/SYBASE and ask them to SUPPORT MAC OSX!

Tell them you want to use AvantGo with Macintosh OSX and ask them to
support MacOSX !

http://avantgo.com/support/mobile_support/contact.html

or:
contact.us@ianywhere.com

or:
AVANTGO
iAnywhereSolutions
One Sybase Drive
Dublin, CA 94568-7902
1-800-801-2069
T (519) 883-6898
F (519) 747-4971

Thank you!!
..
0
nobody35 (129)
8/15/2003 10:31:58 PM

try jplucker... freeware available from all the usual places. (and
screw avantgo... they screwed us..

max102 (18)
9/13/2003 6:19:49 PM
Better yet, there's finally an AvantGo conduit, go to Version Tracker,
search on "AventGo" and you'll find the MAL client, and it is perfect --
thanks Avantgo, for nothing, and thank you, kind person, who created
this conduit. Best, N

max wrote:

> try jplucker... freeware available from all the usual places. (and
> screw avantgo... they screwed us..

none3 (2113)
12/26/2003 3:00:24 AM
In article <cvNGb.1297$d4.104@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>, None
<none@none.net> wrote:

I installed the MAL conduit on my Panther machine and didn't even have
to install it on the handheld (a Treo 90) to get it to work.  I usually
sync with my Avant Go account on my work Windoze 2000 machine and I
didn't want to screw that capability up.  Since I installed the MAL
conduit, I can sync AvantGo with either platform.  Pretty slick.

JAW

> Better yet, there's finally an AvantGo conduit, go to Version Tracker,
> search on "AventGo" and you'll find the MAL client, and it is perfect --
> thanks Avantgo, for nothing, and thank you, kind person, who created
> this conduit. Best, N
>

> max wrote:
> >
> > try jplucker... freeware available from all the usual places. (and
> > screw avantgo... they screwed us..

jaw15 (8)

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf Changes ------- Added drawer and zoom menu commands [DWa, NRi]. Added intelligent window zooming [NRi]. Added shapefile support. Added UTF-8 support [RSc]. Added cvtgxl, gvpack and gvpr tools [BSw]. Fixed page setup then close unexpectedly invoking save dialog [PRo]. HTML-like labels now work on 10.2 (use embedded expat instead of libxml2). Improved internal frameworks (added headers, consolidated dylibs). Tracked main build of 23 June. Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta > testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance > issues for 10G on Mac OS X? The PR suggests they've been clear that the OS X release will be production quality .. though since it won't be a "volume" platform, one may wonder about this in practise. > Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G > for Mac OS X, does anybody know? From what I've seen of screenshots, I believe OEM 10g is web-based JSP, so this seems likely. But just my inference, no real info. I use remote OEM from another box on my Powerbook for now (either XWindows or Windows Remote Desktop). SQL Plus otherwise.. Cheers Stu stuartc@mac.com (Stu Charlton) wrote in message news:<21398ab6.0402020845.4f2c5027@posting.google.com>... > Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler sleeps on an anthill." --Afghani /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. On 2012-09-21 3:05 PM ANTant@zimage.com (Ant) wrote: > Hi. > > Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife > like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! > Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 > MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one > from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to > import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his > photo(graph)s? I rec...

You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume.
Hi Group, Decided to reinstall OSX today on my MAC Book. _ Boy was this a mistake_ I booted off the DVD and changed the partition setup to two instead of one using the disk utility program. Selected MAC OSX Extended Journaled for both paritions. Now in the installer when I come to select the drive to install on I get the message "You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume." There is a red explaination mark on the drive. I have reboot, reformatted the drive back one parition using the disk util program and I still have the same proble...

Mac OS X Kerberos Extras updated for Mac OS X 10.3

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. > > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries, does it? -- "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." -- George W. Bush in Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005 ZnU <znu@fake.invalid> wrote: > In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, > ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > > > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. > > > > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... > > I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries, > does it? I think i...

Which palmtop on Mac OS X?
Can anybody suggest a palmtop to use with Mac OS X? I ned to be able to sync with iCal and the Mac addressbook, so not Palm - are there other options? John Stolz <china_rider@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > Can anybody suggest a palmtop to use with Mac OS X? I ned to be able to > sync with iCal and the Mac addressbook, so not Palm - are there other > options? I can but you already have it and it doesn't work for you. I bet by the time your sage ends, you will be again a happy Missing Sync user. /PaulN In article <4610c070$0$27408$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, John Stolz <china_rider@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > Can anybody suggest a palmtop to use with Mac OS X? I ned to be able to > sync with iCal and the Mac addressbook, so not Palm - are there other > options? John, I sync quite successfully with iCal and Address Book using iSync. It worked great with my iBook, and it works great with my MacBook. HTH. -- Sandy sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious) http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1 In article <eurh9i$gjh$2@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, Paul Nevai <nevai@math.math.ohio-state.edu> wrote: > John Stolz <china_rider@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > > Can anybody suggest a palmtop to use with Mac OS X? I ned to be able to > > sync with iCal and the Mac addressbook, so not Palm - are there other > > options? > > I can but you already have it and it doesn't work for you. ...

54g Wireless
Hi there, I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit WEP and the other is a brand new IBook with 128bit WEP security. Our wireless network router is a belkin but only allows us to set 64 bit OR 128 bit - is there anyway of allowing either of these computers onto the network whilst securing it? Thanks Wesley Blue Wezza <blue-wezza@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish > IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit W...

Creating a Bootable Mac OS 9 CD in Mac OS X
I have a bootable Mac OS 9 CD for an old Power Mac. I need to duplicate the System Folder with a few extra extensions and create a bootable CD for emergency reboot on the old computer. My new iMac does not run Classic. I copied the "System Folder" from the Mac OS 9 CD to the new iMac and burned a CD-R. The old Power Mac does not boot from the CD-R when I restart it holding down "C". My investigation revealed that the System Folder in a bootable CD-R must be "blessed" by turning on a boot bit or something. When I copied the System Folder to the iMac, it became unblessed. How can I turn on the boot bit on the iMac running only Mac OS X and no Classic? TIA. In article <ndurant-DD1E1D.23280828022004@news.videotron.net>, Nathalie Durant <ndurant@potentium.ca> wrote: > I have a bootable Mac OS 9 CD for an old Power Mac. I need to duplicate > the System Folder with a few extra extensions and create a bootable CD > for emergency reboot on the old computer. > > My new iMac does not run Classic. I copied the "System Folder" from the > Mac OS 9 CD to the new iMac and burned a CD-R. The old Power Mac does > not boot from the CD-R when I restart it holding down "C". > > My investigation revealed that the System Folder in a bootable CD-R must > be "blessed" by turning on a boot bit or something. When I copied the > System Folder to the iMac, it became unblessed. How...

Mac OS X and Avantgo: Any work around ?
Hello all, Is there any way that I could use Avantgo using the Mac os X platform for my Tungsten? Thanks. ...

Help needed : Mac OS X & OS 9.x and Windows-Server
Until now we are using different Mac's running OS 9.1 and 9.2 and save our files on a Windows 2000 Server via MacServerIP (AFP over IP). In the next time we like to upgrade to OS X. Our problem: Files saved on the Server from OS 9 via AFP will be recognized by OS X as "Document" without application information. I tried to connect the Server via SMB and otherwise via AFP. When I manually used AFP ("afp://<servername>") the volume becomes visible, but if I try to select on file the file will be go away. Next time I connect to the volume the file is visible again. U...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. The library uses PowerPlant to display and handle a dialog box that communicates with the caller application. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron ...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron The JNI library must be Mach-O. It must be a dylib named "lib<yourlibname>.jnilib". I'm pretty sure there is sample code for JNI libs on the Apple Developer Site. You say that your nat...

under mac os x without X ?
Is it possible to run a wxwidget application under MAC OS X without using the X-Server? On Mar 30, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Christian Buhtz wrote: > > Is it possible to run a wxwidget application under MAC OS X without > using the X-Server? Yes, it's called wxMac - uses the Mac OS native widget set. _Ryan Wilcox --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar, Mac OS X 10.2.x and X-Plane v7
Hi, has somebody used succesfully Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar in Mac OS X v10.2.8 and X-Plane v7 ? I can use Cougar in Warbirds but X-Plane only sees some of the buttons and none of the analog movements... =( Can someone tell, if Mac OS X v10.2.x has native support (HID) for Cougar, if so then Warbirds propably don't have extra drivers written for and X-Plane has and thus don't support Cougar. regards, Kari ...

Pbuffers on Mac OS X 10.3.x
In my quest for hiding the platform-specific details of pbuffer manipulation in my engine, I am now trying to get this to work on the Macintosh. The Apple documentation is not enough to help me over the rough spots (may05devdoc.dmg and its associated OpenGL pdf)--a verbal description of the order of calls and what they do, but not a single code sample to go with it. Sorry, Apple folks, but some of us are not mind readers. I downloaded the sample Xcode project, GLCarbon1ContextPbuffer, but found it quite awkward and hackish--the pbuffer code and application code are intertwined. A cleaner s...

Getting GS/OS and Mac OS X talking to each other

cc65 on Mac OS X 10.3.x?
I just dusted off my old AIM 65, (a late 1970's early 1980's SBC), I though it might be interesting to make a small controller device using an SBC, and since I uses to do 6502 code many, many years ago, and I still have the AIM 65, I thought I could use it as the development platform. Anyway, I was looking around and I found an open source c comiler for 6502 and it will work on UNIX, so it sounded like a good match, maybe do the program in c instead of assembler. Anyway, I downloaded the compiler source, applied the patches the source and compiled it. I seems to compile OK, but now ...

Run OS X on OS X
I have a new G5 with 4GB of RAM. I have a G3 running WebStar and the machine is showing signs of age. I would like to move it to this new machine but also use this machine for development. I was thinking I could run the webstar and related in a seperate instance of OS X and have that running while I develop in the main OS X instance. Thoughts? -Jason jason.slack@gmail.com (Slack) writes: >I was thinking I could run the webstar and related in a seperate >instance of OS X and have that running while I develop in the main OS >X instance. Sorry, I'm not familiar with webstar, ...

Transferring hardware from Mac to Mac, reactivating OS X not necessary
I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001) yesterday. I transferred the four hard drives, the CompUSA 5 port USB 2 card and the Sonnett Tempo ATA133 IDE card from the Sawtooth to the Quicksilver. The QS booted without issues, the hardware showed up properly in System Proflier, and I am able to access the Web, newsgroups and email. The only thing I had to re enter was the Drive Genius serial. And most important, I did not have to reactivate Tiger. I wonder why, Wintrolls. Just one more reason OS X is superior to Windoze. Chance Furlong wrote: > I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001) yesterday. I transferred the four > hard drives, the CompUSA 5 port USB 2 card and the Sonnett Tempo ATA133 > IDE card from the Sawtooth to the Quicksilver. > > The QS booted without issues, the hardware showed up properly in System > Proflier, and I am able to access the Web, newsgroups and email. > > The only thing I had to re enter was the Drive Genius serial. > > And most important, I did not have to reactivate Tiger. > > I wonder why, Wintrolls. > > Just one more reason OS X is superior to Windoze. I guess you don't use iTunes and thus didn't have to deal with de-authorizing and re-authorizing? Steve In article <Db6dnUuD3IftuQnVnZ2dnUVZ_szinZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote: > Chance Furlong wrote: > > I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001) yesterday. I transferred t...

NT was much more stable than any version of Mac OS before OS X
[...] NT was much more stable than any version of Mac OS before OS X, but had compatibility problems. W95 was more stable than the Macs of the day if both were properly set up on decent hardware: it multitasked much better, could manage its own memory etc etc, though I'd agree that Windows 2000 was the first really good version. Jack Schofield [e] @ 2004-05-24 17:34 http://www.tecknik.net/blogback/data/bb.php?blog=3200948&post=108512236381039459 http://www.onlineblog.com/archives/2004_05_16_onlineblog_archive.html#108512236381039459 In article <2hepn6Fc149dU1@uni-berlin.de>, Daeron <daeron@demon.net> wrote: > NT was much more stable than any version of Mac OS before OS X, but had > compatibility problems. W95 was more stable than the Macs of the day if > both were properly set up on decent hardware: it multitasked much > better, could manage its own memory etc etc, though I'd agree that > Windows 2000 was the first really good version. I would agree with that but it's the stuff nobody ever talked about that negated a lot of these "advantages." Example: NT was far more stable than any Mac OS of the day (meaning classic, Mac OS 9) but that wasn't the whole story. Sure, the Mac would lock up every couple days and require a reboot whereas the NT machine wouldn't, but the NT machine was so crappy that every couple days, it would start to drag its ass, usually thanks to memory leaks or whatnot. That never happened on...

Web resources about - Avantgo and Mac OS X .. Any workaround? - comp.sys.palmtops

Workaround - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A workaround is a bypass of a recognized problem in a system. A workaround is typically a temporary fix that implies that a genuine solution ...

Microsoft employee reveals workaround to Google snub of Windows Phone
Australian Macworld Microsoft employee reveals workaround to Google snub of Windows Phone Australian Macworld And search engine expert Danny ...

Rivals offer Google search workaround
Telegraph.co.uk Rivals offer Google search workaround The Australian Facebook has never publicly voiced opposition to Google's new search ...

Microsoft officially offers workarounds for iOS 6.1 Exchange errors including blocking all iOS users
... Apple addressed the issue with its recent release of iOS 6.1.1 , and Microsoft has now published an official support document detailing workarounds ...

Wajam's Clever Workaround Inserts Its Content in iOS Apps
The social search service Wajam has figured out a hack to insert its content on Apple’s default apps. Wajam overlays check-ins and posts from ...

Federal appeals court upholds HHS’s Hobby Lobby workaround. Again.
... Court of Appeals rejected a claim from a coalition of Catholic organizations, which argued the Department of Health and Human Service’s workaround ...

The Workaround That’s Not Working Yet
Well this complicates things : The Supreme Court ruled against imposing the contraceptive mandate on for profit religious companies in part ...

MX Player Removes Native Support For AC3 and MLP Audio Codecs, Workaround Available
Since the recent update to MX Player, many users are running into a new problem: there's no sound in certain videos. It turns out the latest ...

Photoful Updated With Empty Trash Workaround, Screenshot Support And Other Features
... You see, third-party iOS apps are prohibited by App Store rules from deleting photos. But the Photoful team has devised a patent-pending workaround, ...

Apple developing iPhone and iCloud encryption that counters FBI-requested workaround, reports say
Apple Insider Apple developing iPhone and iCloud encryption that counters FBI-requested workaround, reports say Apple Insider Amid government ...