different users have different conduits

My home computer has Windows XP. My wife and I each have a log-in and
we each use a Tungsten E. When we log in under her windows screen,
there are nore hotsync conduits than when we log in under my windows
screen. This is true whether we're loooking at her device or mine.

Other than reinstalling, any way to get my windows login to show the
same options we get under hers?

 - Henry

0
henryp (30)
5/20/2005 3:12:31 PM
comp.sys.palmtops 4109 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Same user name - different user
From:Dave Comcast (dgattis@comcast.net) Subject:Same user name - different user - different domain Newsgroups:comp.mail.sendmail Date:2002-12-17 14:54:30 PST Same user name - different user - different domain. How is this done? Example: user "A" is jblow@domain1.com user "B" is jblow@domain2.com They have the same user names but use different domains. Whats the best way to handle this? Currently, an alias is all inclusive to any domain I handle. If I create an alias that jb = jblow, it covers all domains. How do you separate them? Help! Thanks, Dave http://r...

Different Versions for Different Users, Fast User Switch
Problem: I want to run Eudora 6 for a test account while I keep using Eudora 5.2 for my main account. Possible solution: Different Versions for Different Users... - Install the new Eudora 6, create a new "test" user - Main user launches Eudora 5.2 by double clicking the application - Fast User Switch to "test" user - Test user launches Eudora 6 by double clicking that application. Different mail account, different settings, whole different Eudora Folder. - Switch back and forth with Fast User Switching. Will this work? Or will a second instance of the Eud...

different languages for different users in xp
Is it possible to set different languages for different users in XP? I have a chinese user who does not speak English. The rest of us are red blood Americans. Can I set up his user account using Chinese language while the rest of us have our own English on the same machine? Thanks. Sorry Sorry Sorry wrong group. ...

Can different-users have different-X?
For the PC that never goes-online, I login as root. *sorry*!! Now I've got a subtle/complex problem that seems to be related to the font-server. I read that only root can change the font-server. I don't want to reboot, and lose all my work, but wanted to see/if what a non-root user sees in X. Because I didn't cultivate the habit of pretending I'm various different non-root userS, I just *assumed* that this multi-user OS could log different users into different X configurations. I favour blacbox, but Mary may prefer twm. The error is <server already active o...

Setting different path for different users
Hi, I am working on a Windows 7 server at my work, with my user name. I am working on a file fulled with m files programs. These file is set on the path. The thing is, sometimes I make a copy of the file, that I save on another place of the computer, so that my boss can test the program. The problem is that is I add the path of the place where the testing file is located, when I run my program from the origiinal file, there is a conflict between the two paths (because the mfiles inside have the same names...) So my question is: is there a way to tell matlab: "when user1 is running...

On redhat, different users = different @INC
Hi, We have RedHat 4EL and perl 5.8.5. Per a user's request I installed Date:Simple, using perl -MCPAN -e shell as the root user. Now root can find Date::Simple, but other users cannot. They do not want to include a lib statement in their scripts or invoke with a -I. The @INC libraries are close, but not identical. Does anyone know how to correct or resolve this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Best regards, Russ On Aug 20, 3:00 pm, Russ <russell.bro...@perdue.com> wrote: > We have RedHat 4EL and perl 5.8.5. Per a user's request I > installed Date:Simple, us...

Different user, different indexes used. Why?
When I connect using SQL*Plus to Oracle 8i DB using cost based optimization and run _identical_ queries (syntax and literals) as two different users, as one of the users the query takes less than a second and as the other user it takes over a minute. I did an explain plan on both and found that for the fast user unique indexes are used on all three tables in the query and for the slow user only one unique index is used while the other two indexes are ignored. Can someone explain how this could happen? Thanks, Sam On Feb 14, 1:45 pm, samuelroll...@gmail.com wrote: > When I connect using SQL*Plus to Oracle 8i DB using cost based > optimization and run _identical_ queries (syntax and literals) as two > different users, as one of the users the query takes less than a > second and as the other user it takes over a minute. I did an explain > plan on both and found that for the fast user unique indexes are used > on all three tables in the query and for the slow user only one unique > index is used while the other two indexes are ignored. > > Can someone explain how this could happen? > > Thanks, > Sam The two queres probably aren't accessing the same tables. Look for unqualified table names in your query. You could have private synonyms that differ for each user. Or one of the users could have a table of the same name in their own schema. - Bobby > The two queres probably aren't accessing the same tables. Look for > unq...

different pathdef.m files for different users
We have a concurrent license for Matlab R14sp1 running on Solaris 8 in a research lab. Many of my users have their own scripts that they use. Is it possible to set up a startup.m file that automatically points to the pathdef.m file in the users home folder in such a way that they do not always have to start matlab from their home folder. Apparently this is inconvenient. I've tried placing the line path (path, '/export/home/user'); in a startup.m file in located in the $MATLAB/toolbox/local directory but it doesn't find the right pathdef.m file. I have a feeling that I'm m...

same query, different parsing users, different plans ...
Oracle 10.2.0.2 on HPUX. I have a fairly simple query that queries from a table T1 and a view V2 (which is just a straight select * from T2). All objects are owned by the same user. If I explain/run my query as the same user that owns the tables and view, it picks a 'good' plan. If I parse/explain it as another user that has select on all three views and tables and it consistently picks a different 'bad' plan. As a further wrinkle, if I change the query to exclude the view and use the underlying table directly (no other change to the query except the view name) it always picks the correct plan. Can anyone offer an explanation for this sort of behaviour? On Jun 5, 8:36=A0am, "stephen O'D" <stephen.odonn...@gmail.com> wrote: > Oracle 10.2.0.2 on HPUX. > > I have a fairly simple query that queries from a table T1 and a view > V2 (which is just a straight select * from T2). =A0All objects are owned > by the same user. > > If I explain/run my query as the same user that owns the tables and > view, it picks a 'good' plan. > > If I parse/explain it as another user that has select on all three > views and tables and it consistently picks a different 'bad' plan. > > As a further wrinkle, if I change the query to exclude the view and > use the underlying table directly (no other change to the query except > the view name) it always picks the correct plan. > > Can anyone offer a...

Different Oracle homes for different Windows users
Is there a way I can set different Oracle homes for different users on a Windows 2000 server? With 10g you have to use the OUI to set the home search path, and it applies to everybody. I'd like one user to log in with an 8i environment, and another user to log in with a 10g environment. Tom On 23 Sep 2004 08:32:38 -0700, tdwilsonng@yahoo.com (Tom) wrote: >Is there a way I can set different Oracle homes for different users on >a Windows 2000 server? With 10g you have to use the OUI to set the >home search path, and it applies to everybody. I'd like one user to >log in with an 8i environment, and another user to log in with a 10g >environment. > >Tom All Oracle sw should be installed as the local administrator. If it is possible (and I don't think it is possible), it is undocumented and it is definitely not supported. Any reason to avoid to get a second server? -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg@sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl> wrote in message news:ta06l0pkcbhvcle0slup5sqindiouo28uh@4ax.com... > On 23 Sep 2004 08:32:38 -0700, tdwilsonng@yahoo.com (Tom) wrote: > >>Is there a way I can set different Oracle homes for different users on >>a Windows 2000 server? With 10g you have to use the OUI to set the >>home search path, and it applies to everybody. I'd like one user to >>log in with an 8i environment, and another user to log in with a 10g >>environmen...

What is the difference between the different filters that...
What is the difference between the different filters that are predefined in Labview(equi-ripple, FIR, Butterworth,etc). How do I get their freq responses? Which filter should I use if I am trying to design a Bandpass filter for a passband freq range between 50-100Hz? I don't understand the difference betweenthe equi-ripple,butterworth and fir filters. I thought that I could use any one of these. Is there any way to find the frequency responces of the predefined Filters that are available on labview. The actual frequency response of your filter is returned by the VI as "filter inform...

Different developers dislike osx for different reasons: many different rootcauses for many different symptoms
As you might have remembered I have expressed my disdain for xcode on numberous occasions for the system being completely unusable when debugging in tethered mode. Some of you suggested that core duo mac mini with 2GB or ram is not suitable for development. Okay, so our admin has provided me with a 4GB ram 2.7Ghz pc (1.33Ghz bus), initially core duo and now a 2.7Ghz core quad: still I have xcode text editor crawling when gdb is running. Same deal as on core duo: system idle is around 50-75% and yet xcode (3.2.2) is slow: i'll blame this on synchronization done incorrectly or th...

[tao-users] Reactive/Concurrency: Difference between different ORBReactorType
To: tao-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Reactive/Concurrency: Difference between different ORBReactorType TAO VERSION: 1.3.5 ACE VERSION: 5.3.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux Redhat 9 kernel 2.4.20-19.9 SYNOPSIS: Question about the difference between various ORBConcurrency & ReactorType DESCRIPTION: What is the difference between the following ReactorTypes: - select_st (Guess it is a select based reactor in a single thread) - select_mt (Is it a Worker thread pool architecture, where a I/O thread selects on the ORB endpoints (&a...

difference-in-difference analysis
Hello, I have baseline and follow-up values for my intervention and control group. I want to conduct a difference-in-difference analysis. Y is continuous. i.e. Y = b0 + b1*Time + b2*Intervention + b3*(Intervention*Time) +b4Xn where Time is an indicator if the value is obtained at follow-up (1, 0) Intervention is an indicator for being in the intervention group (1,0) Intervention*TIme is the interaction Xn: vector of all my other covariates. I understand the theory pretty well, but have not been able to find the SAS code to conduct this analysis. Pl. advise on 2 things: 1. How to arrange the data i.e. one line person or one line per person per time period? 2. The code of course. Do you use PROC GENMOD or just PROC REG? I just heard about the LISTSERV, and the resources available, so I'm new to this forum. Thanks in advance for taking the time -- MG ...

Different users, different access using encrypted data
My database have 20 tables and many users. I wish to store encrypted data in 3 tables and have only 3 users have access to them, walking into tables or using forms. Can someone point me a direct help or something to read? Tnx Nico Nico wrote: > My database have 20 tables and many users. I wish to store encrypted > data in 3 tables and have only 3 users have access to them, walking > into tables or using forms. > > Can someone point me a direct help or something to read? > > Tnx > Nico Read the security faq: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us...

What's the difference settings for different user in one computer?
Hi, Excuse me for posting the question here because I got no answer in matlab's user group. Java is embeded in Matlab. Previously it works for me in my computer. I don't know the reason it doesn't work anymore when I import a class. The system message says the class is syntax error, although it works if I use other's user account. I have reinstalled Matlab, it remains the same problem. I want to know what is the difference between my and the other's account. That is, which file defines the distinct behavior between different users? Thank you very much. Have you instal...

How to run X applications using different user ids on two different machines
Hello newsgroup participants, I am in the following situation: I have two accounts (let us call them a1 and a2) on two different machines (let us call them m1 and m2). I want to do following: I would like to start application on machine m1 under account a1 and got it displayed back on machine m2 (so far account does not matter). I cannot set any additional user acount on machine m2 because I do not have root privilegies, so it means also I cannot set any user account a1 on machine m2. Magic cookie authorization, as I understand it, would not work under these circumstances in its mos...

Different Synthesis Results on Different Levels of Hierarchy (different amount of occupying slices)
Hello, I have some design with regular structure (i.e. resembling 2D array), synthesizing in ISE 6.3 (for Spartan 3).And I experiencing following problem: Assume the there is simple 3-level hierarchy A |_B |_C The synthesis results for Unit "C" gives me implementation in X slices; in B - X+1. OK I assume that due to complex routing it is a predictable result (yet hesitating). But when I try to place and route unit A - it gives me X+2 slices, which conflicts with my area constraints. The problem is that "A" is simply an implementation of B (for debugging purpo...

Re: I would like to remotely control a LabVIEW application. Is it possible to create multiple different passwords for different users
Hi there, &nbsp; I tried&nbsp;the Remote Panel Login&nbsp;examples which were attached by Zvezdana S. It works when main.vi running in Labview enviroment. But after I created a executable file of main.vi, it didn't work, the Web Server: Browser Access couldn't be changed from "remote panel loging.vi".&nbsp; BTW, both main.exe and Remote Panel Login,vi run at the same PC. &nbsp; I am confused by ports number, ini file. How could I set port number when they are running at the same PC? When I built the executable file, ini file was built in as a support file...

Help: 2 different web apps, by 2 different users, want to use the same session filename for data.
I have a server where two different users are each running a different web application. I installed SugarCRM for one, and Info@Hand (built from SugarCRM) for the other. Both are trying to save and access the same file in the PHP session_save_path (/tmp/ sess_c2b09aac9b607b1df05d73c7f1c4cbb1). If I delete that file, the whichever app runs first, saves data under that filename and the other will fail. They both keep regenerating the same filename. I thought that data stored in the session_save_path had random filenames? How can I fix/get around this? -- Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo) ...

Different target, different rules
Hi! My problem sounds trivial, and I hope the answer is trivial too! :) In my Makefile I have several targets depending on the type of UI the target use. (Posix) console: Use nothing but stdin/stdout - I have a Makerules.ascii for that one motif: Use motif - I have a Makerules.motif for that one opengl: Use OpenGL - so I have a Makerules.opengl for that one... The idea is that in Makefile, if the target is "console" it loads and use the rules and variables set in Makerules.ascii, if the target is "motif" it uses Makerules.motif etc. The reason to break it up like this...

Different Versions and Different Platforms
I have written a book and have hired a disigner to arrange my ideas for the cover in a way that works. He is working in PhotoShop 7.0 for MAC. I have PhotoShop 5.0 for PC. He tells me that he can't save his work in a format that I can bring up in 5.0. One method of solving this problem is for him to save each layer in jpeg format and let me assemble them. However, that strikes me as convoluted. Is there a simple solution to this problem? Many thanks. Robert E. Graves The Art of Psychic Dice Awaken the untapped psychic power within you to master the material world with your thoughts. ...

lighting different patches differently?
Hi, In looking through the help, I think what I want to do may not be possible (at least not easily so), but I thought I would write here just in case... I have a set of two thresholded images that contain particulate objects (think blobs) in 3-D. In some locations the particles overlap, and I am looking for a good way to show this in a 3D image plot. So far, I have come up with the idea of creating three colored patch objects: one for image1 (green, for example), another for image2 (red, for example), and a third for the regions of overlap (yellow in this case). I assign some alpha values t...

Different Syntax for Different Assemblers
Hi all, I've just started learing assembly language and have obtained some tutorials and the MASM assembler for use. However, the tutorials assume that the reader have the TASM. I just want to know whether different assemblers( here MASM and TASM) have different syntax for the assembly code or not. Also if the code written for TASM is incompatible with MASM then what can I do to solve the problem? Many thanks in advance, James "James" <spamtrap@crayne.org> wrote in message news:1118851680.920342.142400@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I've just sta...

Web resources about - different users have different conduits - comp.sys.palmtops

Bernie Sanders Rally Live Stream From Washington State: Vancouver To ‘Feel The Bern’ As Huge Crowd Expected ...
Bernie Sanders starts a busy Sunday in Washington State with a rally in Vancouver that will stream live, with an overflow crowd expected as Sanders ...

Paris suspect arrest prompts new checks
France deploys extra troops on its borders after the arrest in Belgium of Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam after four months on the run. ...

Russia plane crash: Search operation ends at Rostov-on-Don airport
CNN Russia plane crash: Search operation ends at Rostov-on-Don airport CNN (CNN) The search operation at the site where a passenger plane ...

Will Gawker survive the Hulk Hogan verdict?
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida (CNNMoney) — When a Florida jury awarded $115 million to Hulk Hogan, Gawker Media’s head honcho signaled that he had ...

Cuba casts aside rancor to welcome Obama on historic visit
By Nelson Acosta HAVANA (Reuters) - President Barack Obama arrives in Cuba on Sunday for a 48-hour visit, making history by venturing into what ...

Kasich says no to being a running mate on Republican ticket
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate John Kasich is taking himself out of the running for running mate.

The pope is way more popular than you on Instagram
VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis is expanding his presence on social media with an Instagram account. The pontiff, who has more than 26 million followers ...

Indiana And Kentucky Lived Up To Every Bit Of The Hype
Indiana beat Kentucky 73-67 in the second round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament Saturday, but there might as well have been a trip to the Final Four ...

[VIDEO] Tyga Grabs Kylie Jenner’s Butt: See Their Major Makeout Sesh At Club - Hollywood Life
Get a room, you two! Kylie Jenner and Tyga weren’t shy about getting totally intimate in a club on a Friday night, and Kylie posted the whole ...

Medical examiner: Katy teen died from multiple gunshot wounds - abc13.com
Authorities say they have identified the body found in west Houston earlier this week as missing Katy teenager Adriana Coronado.