Mail app in Jornada not receiving mail

I was just given a brand new, in the box, never used HP Jornada 548
running CE 3.0.

I bought an AmbiCom 802.11 card for it so that I could use it with my
home wireless LAN/ADSL connection. The card allows me to connect to the
Internet, and I can surf the web with the thing wirelessly - as
advertised. Now I also have a Macintosh Powerbook with a built-in
Airport card and a Windows PC as well as a Mac G4 all connected to my
network router either via Wi-Fi or Ether. I can receive and send mail on
all three computers, but for some reason I cannot get e-mail to work
with the Jornada and the CE "Inbox" application. My ISP assures me that
I have all the info: Pop3 server, SMTP server, username, password, etc,
entered correctly. Has anybody run into this problem? Can anybody tell
me what the problem is?

George Graves
0
gmgraves (7483)
9/16/2003 7:55:10 PM
comp.sys.palmtops 4109 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

mail.app gives odd message for received mail
Today when I attempted to read some incoming mail I received the following instead of the normal message contents: The message from [...] <[...]@hotmail.com> concerning �[...]� has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it. The [...] is where identifying information has been elided. The actual message included the identity of the sender, the sender's address, and the title of the message. This has now happened in conjunction with the last half-dozen messages sent to me by this one party. Messages from other persons are b...

Mail.app
I lost some mail today. I had dragged a couple of folders to a new location. When I looked in the folders, it appeared the mail was there but everything was empty. I tried rebuilding the folders and the headers disappeared as well. At that point I was pretty desperate. Most of the mail was from today and would not be on my backup. I restarted the computer and rebuilt the folders again. Low-and-behold, most of the mail came back but not all of it and I am still missing a couple of items I can not afford to lose. So, what did I do, so I can avoid doing it again? How can ...

mail.app does not fetch mail
Hi: For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via pine on the shell account at the isp. Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the mailers I have around seem to support ssl. Any help greatly appreciated! Eric In article <250120041742285724%UNericfiveSPAM@onl...

Vacation mail with mail.app
Here is a script I wrote for vacation notices; it will send the notice only once to each person you receive mail from. I suggest running it after any rules to file mailing list items into folders, so that it doesn't send vacation mail notices to the lists. The actual notice is sent by the rule; the script is what keeps the rule from sending more than one notice to any given address. First set up an address-book group named "Vacation" Then set up a rule with the criterion "If sender is not a member of group Vacation" Set up the actions Reply to Message Run App...

Archiving mail from mail.app
I need to save just every mail I receive and be able to search the archive. Mail.app's search capabilities are pathetic at best. I've searched around and found some AppleScript's that do some manner of import into FileMaker database, but they are limited in file size and capability to deal with attachments. I currently create new mailboxes with old mail to keep the mailbox from growing too huge, but am still stuck with poor search features. Otherwise, I am quite happy with Mail.app (Jaguar) and prefer to keep it. Does anyone have practical solutions for dealing with large ...

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

Mail Alert when only junk mail received
Hi, Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk. Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when just junk mail is received. Is that true? I know it wasn't working that way before. Any body know the real answer and how to fix this? Thanks, Tracy X-No-Archive: yes On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ... >Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I >would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk. > >Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when >just junk mail is received. I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools -> Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound" ticked. I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound. -- Chris Bee "Bumblebee" <chris_bee@address.invalid> wrote in message news:qtt4ovc46fhjmr...

Mail.app vaporized my e-mail!
The strangest thing just happened, help! I opened up Mail, and all the messages on my inbox (several dozen of them, some dating back 7 months) were all marked as unread. Not a big problem. BUT, everything dated between August 18 2003 and today (October 13, 2003) has completely vanished. I had some VERY important e-mails in there. I tried looking in ~/Library/Mail, and there doesn't seem to be any way to recover them by messing around in there. Is there any way to get them back??? Thanks G In article <Gqtib.9039$x97.2472@clgrps13>, nospam@spam.sucks.it (Gavin) wrote: &...

Problem with mail.app not finding mail
I'm using Mail 4.1 on 10.6.1, and my wife is using Mail 2.1.3 on 10.4.11, so there's not an exact convergence. I have mine set up to get mail from our web host, and it works fine. I have Louise's set up to get mail from our Web host, and it doesn't work. My problem is that I have no clue how to diagnose the problem - which end it's on. As far as I can tell, I set both accounts up the same on our Web host (an external service, not run by us), and I've set both mail.app accounts up the same. How do I troubleshoot this? In article <231020091035146216%ralph@whitehous...

Persistant Junk Mail in Mail.app
I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. -- James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas In article <atnt47Fk1v3U1@mid.individual.net>, TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote: > I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is > supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated > by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the > learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually > work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders > of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. > I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Take a look at the message source, and you'll probably see loads of random phrases that are hidden in HTML. I think this stuff tends to thwart the Bayesian filters. -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, ...

Mail client app for Google mail?
My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app would work? -- _____________________________ Ron, the humblest guy in town On 2013-09-13 23:33:31 +0000, Ron said: > My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online > Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried > Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app > would work? Thunderbird works great on the MacBook Pro with gmail. I have not idea what you mean about it not working. It by default does just what is intended with imap mail. Apple Mail is a bit hokey however and deleted files go to all mail in the iMap folders. I use Thunderbird fairly exclusivly for gmail on my Mac. In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote: > Our IT > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons? > What alternative app would work? Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is the best one though. -- Humans are always slightly lost. It...

Mail Links In Web Apps won't open any mail apps? Help!!! Thanks
that is if I click on a link in Safari or Internet Explorer that contains an e-mail address it won't open a mail app. the dock kind of moves a bit and that's it. this is a total pain in the butt because these address's are imbedded and I can't see what the address is. I checked the useless discussions on the apple sight and they were uh...useless. I checked all preferences and that didn't fix it.Someone suggested that the default setting in the apple mail app would have a place to set it but that didn't work. Any suggestions? thanks for the help -- Barry ...

mail.app question: sent mail disappeared
All of a sudden my sent mail box has dumped it's numerous sent mails and shrunk to two sent mails for some unknown reason. Thinking that maybe I had disk problems, I first did disk repair and then when that did nothing I booted from another disk and checked my startup disc and it verified totally perfect. Still no joy, sent mail still gone. Next I did a rebuild of sent mail, closed mail.app and re-opened it, sent mail still gone. -Anybody got a clue as to where it went and whether there is a possibility of retrieving it? -Is this a corruption problem and should I start backing up ...

Junk mail handling problems in Mail.app
Since upgrading to Panther I have encountered trouble getting junk mail handling to work properly. I don't know whether its a bug in "Mail" or a local problem. What happens is this. If the Preferences are set to "When Junk Mail arrives -- Move it to the Junk mailbox (Automatic)" the Junk mail Icon (in the Mailboxes drawer) increments up as Junk messages arrive. The number of messages is shown alongside the Icon. However, when the Icon is selected none of these messages are listed in the main window. Looking in ~/Library/Mail/Junk/ there is a file named 'Inco...

Mail.app and full server mail box
My friend has an eMac running Panther and is using Mail.app. On two occasion in the last two months his server mail box has gotten full ( 6 MB) and really screwed up his business. I went into the preferences as well as read Pogue's chapter, but I could find no toggle for controlling the length of time one's mail stays on the server after one downloads it. Interestingly, Eudora Lite 3.1 gives you this control in the settings. Am I missing something? How do I get his server to trash his mail after he downloads it? He has a POP dialup account with attglobal - same as me. TIA -- ...

mail function
hi ng, what can i do in the following mail function, which hast 400 subscribers who are read from a database and to which the mails are send in a loop, when there are some adresses who are not reachable. My provider receives all the failure mails. is it possible to send the mail daemons ( failures ) to a special adress, so that the provider doesnt reseive so many emailfailures ? he hates me for that. is that a server problem ? thx for a quick answer haref /****************************************************************************** Function : send_mail **********************************...

Limit e-Mail size in Mail.app?
Is there any way I can put a maximum size of incoming e-mail my copy of Mail.app [Version 2.1 (752/752.2)] will accept? TIA -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" In article <rcb-F02083.18152622072006@news-rdr-03.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Bob Batson <rcb@kc.rr.com> wrote: > Is there any way I can put a maximum size of incoming e-mail my copy of > Mail.app [Version 2.1 (752/752.2)] will accept? > > TIA Doing a search in Mail's Help for "message size" found this article: Skipping retrieval...

Exporting Mail from Mail.app to Thunderbird #2
What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to Thunderbird. The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered if I could do it by copying the folders in Library>Mail>Mailboxes? Would this work do you think? Peter -- It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph. Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797 On 4/9/12 PDT 2:20 AM, Peter James wrote: > What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to > Thunderbird. > The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered i...

How can I capture a mailing list in mail.app?
The list is in the form of "First Name Last Name"<email address>, next, next, . . . I don't want to add them to my address book, which is an option. I want to capture them all into a text file. If I select, copy and paste, I only get the email address, not the name. I want the whole thing. I am not afraid to go into the mail file itself, if that is what it takes. -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] In article <bob-2EA010.15593316052008@[199.45.49.11]>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirc...

Mail.app deletes mail when deleting account
In Mail.app, in Preferences, in the Accounts panel, there is a list of accounts. I had a POP account there I no longer in use. I used the Remove button to delete the old account. But I didn't mean for it to delete all mail that had been recieved earlier into that email address. Yet that seems to be what happened. At least I can't find the mail anywhere in any of my mailboxes or in my_home/Library/Mail. There were a number of messages organized into various folders. Now they are gone. These mail messages were not sitting on a server, they were on my Mac. Is Mail supposed to do ...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Web resources about - Mail app in Jornada not receiving mail - comp.sys.palmtops

Receiving house - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A receiving house (sometimes called a roadhouse ) is a theatre which does not produce its own repertoire but instead receives touring theatre ...

Facebook Page Admins Receiving Invites To Wait List For New Desktop Pages Design
Facebook page administrators are beginning to see wait-list invitations for the new layout for desktop pages , which was announced Monday . ...

Texas Tribune - To stop Planned Parenthood from receiving... - Facebook
To stop Planned Parenthood from receiving public financing, Texas’ Republican leaders gambled that the state could operate the Women's Health ...

Receiving Money (@richardatdell) on Twitter

Giving and receiving thanks
That most American holiday, Thanksgiving, is upon us. Lots of you are turning to Twitter to express gratitude for the things you feel most grateful ...

Monica Lewinsky receiving a standing ovation at TED, & looking at Al Gore next to me:https://www.fli ...
jurvetson posted a photo: Quotes fro her TED Talk : “At the age of 22, I fell in love with my boss, and at the age of 24, I learned the devastating ...

Cat receiving signals from another planet - YouTube
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Best-of-YouTube/287713021313196

More children receiving psychological care at Dubai hospital
... counselling department at Latifa Hospital in Dubai since the beginning of this year, 157 cases were new. DUBAI // The number of children receiving ...

Does Bruce Jenner's transformation deserve the admiration it is receiving?
Not only did Bruce Jenner become a woman this week,&nbsp;the 65-year-old also managed to become a fully-fledged sacred cow.

Man charged for allegedly receiving ice through the post
A 25-year-old man has been charged for allegedly receiving a commercial quantity of ice through the post.