Moving to Card: How do You Know What to Move?

I just picked up a SDIO expansion card for my Treo, and I'm trying to
copy a few memory-hog applications to the card and delete them from the
main memory.

I have question though:  Many of the applications appear to involve
several things in the list that pops up when you show the applications
to delete.  For example, when I tried to move my dictionary program it
complains about not being able to find its dictionary database.  I
gather that something else in the application list contains its
database, but I have no idea what it's called.

Is there any easy way to know what all of the pieces of an application
are called, so that I can know for sure that I've moved all of them?

--

(Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please.  If you reply by Email, I
will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get

How to fixed and Moving data for move along moving picture
Hello,=20 I have some question to ask you. I have 2 picture that its have the = other data reference them. Then, I would like to fixed one picture and move= another to overlay it that I used Fixed=3DPicture1; and Moved=3DPicture2; = but the other data in other file that reference by them not move follow pic= ture. How should I do for fixed and move them follow the picture? Thanks. Aris Break ...

moving to card
So, on my T2 when I get ready to move things to card do I use the card info app that came with the palm? I know how to hotsync to the card, but what about stuff already on my Palm? -- Craig I am on a Mac G3 beige with sys 9.1 and 416 mb of RAMPalm Tungsten t|2 user. Remove the RR to email me. ...

MOVE
Morning Looking for help with GPC. Move( rc, Pointer( @flds + fldCnt^ * SizeOf( rc ) ), SizeOf( rc ) ); The last parameter gives 'error: reference expected, value given' Any hints? thanks you Corax wrote: > > Morning > > Looking for help with GPC. > > Move( rc, Pointer( @flds + fldCnt^ * SizeOf( rc ) ), SizeOf( rc ) ); > > The last parameter gives 'error: reference expected, value given' Although I don't know GPC: Are you sure that your problem is the last parameter? Move needs a var-variable as second parameter. So it should be Move(rc...

Moving object detection with a moving camera
Hi everyone, I need some help with my university project. It’s about dynamic object detection with a moving camera. I've installed a camera to a potentiometer. My inputs are thus the angular velocity of the camera and the accompanying picture. My idea was with the Computer Vision Toolbox "optical flow" to determine the speed and compare it with my camera speed, so to find out what objects have different speed as the camera itself. The results should be the dynamic objects. My question is what kind of speed (unit) is from the optical flow? I cannot find anything in the Mathwo...

Writing move constructors and move assignment
Suppose I have a C interface as follows: // create a new FOO FOO* foo_open(int params); // use FOO one or more times void foo_bar(FOO*); // destroy FOO foo_close(FOO*); and I want to wrap that in a C++11 class. class Foo { Foo(int params) : p(foo_open(params)) {} void bar() { foo_bar(p); } ~Foo() { if (p) { foo_close(p); } } private: FOO* p; // Clearly Foo cannot be copied otherwise you will call foo_close twice for the same handle Foo(const Foo&) = delete; Foo& operator= (const Foo&) = delete; // But we should be ab...

Move constructor. Move semantics experiment.
Hi: A couple of days ago, I posted a letter "Is swap_void(void*) possible?" which is about the move semantics of objects in a dynamic array. http://groups.google.com.tw/group/comp.lang.c++.moderated/browse_frm/thread/74dfca376425c281/74f636d8724862a7?q=swap_void&rnum=1#74f636d8724862a7 David Abrahams provided a useful link: http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2004/n1690.html which is a proposal about rvalue reference in C++. Now my practice of the dynamic array is like this: template<typename T> class MyVect { T *_bgn, *_end, *_storage_end; public...

Moving sys.aud$
Hello, I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a dedicated tablespace. 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace. 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing mechinisms? Thanks for your advice, Cal "Michael" <melliott42@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:91721cf.0407061727.19c3a2b4@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with > Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the > SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of > SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a > dedicated tablespace. > > 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace. See David's reply. If you have created any indexes on aud$ for reporting purposes you'll likely want to move them when you rebuild them as well. > 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing > mechinisms? Technically Oracle does not support moving aud$ out of the system tablespace - though it details how to do it on Metalink :(. -- Niall Litchfield Oracle DBA http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com "Michael" <melliott42@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:91...

Moving sphere -> Moving polygon collision?
Hi, I have a moving sphere that intersects with a polygon. That works fine (using sphere/plane, swept sphere->edges detection). However, as soon as the polygon moves the detection results get arbitrary. Anybody an idea what to do so the detection works? Thanks in advance Sam info@dpit2.de wrote: > I have a moving sphere that intersects with a polygon. That works fine > (using sphere/plane, swept sphere->edges detection). However, as soon > as the polygon moves the detection results get arbitrary. Well, as the saying goes: don't do that then! In the case at hand: you pretty much never need a collision test for a moving body with respect to a moving body --- you can always do it in a coordinate system where one of the two bodies is at rest, and the other does all the moving-around business. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain. Sorry, (maybe it=B4s my english), but could you elaborate that or paraphrase what you mean? I don=B4t really understand what you mean? When both bodies move, how can I make one rest? It=B4s not up to me if they move or not, it=B4s the case I need to handle. I hope I am misunderstanding you. :o) <info@dpit2.de> wrote in message news:1130350793.661105.37960@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Sorry, (maybe it�s my english), but could you elaborate that or > paraphrase what you mean? I don�t really understand what you mean? > When both bo...

Moving over
I'm in the process of 'birthing' 2 new systems and my wife and I are sick and tired of MS Windoze. Will an Athlon processor based system easily work with Linux for wireless networking ( Linksys), Mozilla Browser, T-bird email and Photoshop functions? thanks SilverStude wrote: > > I'm in the process of 'birthing' 2 new systems and my wife and I are > sick and tired of MS Windoze. > > Will an Athlon processor based system easily work with Linux for > wireless networking ( Linksys), Mozilla Browser, T-bird email and > Photoshop functions? > ....greatly, i would say. :-) -- Faciait li signeur! Roy Batty http://www.regalodautore.it/ RRB wrote: > SilverStude wrote: >> >> I'm in the process of 'birthing' 2 new systems and my wife and I are >> sick and tired of MS Windoze. >> >> Will an Athlon processor based system easily work with Linux for >> wireless networking ( Linksys), Mozilla Browser, T-bird email and >> Photoshop functions? >> > > ...greatly, i would say. :-) > Thanks , I'm ordering the cd's today.. Do you know where to pick up the MS Word look-a-likes? SilverStude wrote: > RRB wrote: >> SilverStude wrote: >>> >>> I'm in the process of 'birthing' 2 new systems and my wife and I >>> are sick and tired of MS ...

moving
Hello, Hi have a mysql data base like this key field1 field2 field3 -------------------------------------- name1 value1 value2 value3 name2 value4 value5 value6 name3 and I would like to move data from line 1 to line 3 to have : key field1 field2 field3 --------------------------------------- name1 value1 value2 value3 name2 value4 value5 value6 name3 value1 value2 value3 so, given name1 and name2 I want to fill the name2 row with value from name1 row... I have tried with UPDATE but after a couple of hours I have to admit that I'm not able to do it :-( Can anybody help me ? val O...

Points getting moved by BezierFunction? Moving an array of
Even though all the control points have their maximum x coordinate around 10, the BezierFunction is plotting a long, narrow surface that gets stretched out to x = 40 or so. It may be partly due to the fact that the curves between the points don't start at the x axis and at z = 0 the way I meant them to. Any help for a beginner trying to figure out how to translate each set of points so that it starts with x and y coordinates of zero? That is, I just want to produce a new array for each set of points, where I subtract the x and y coordinates of the first point from each of those...

you know its time to move on when....
hi all. "you know when it is time to move on when...." I have a good one, to describe what I mean by the above, this happened to me yesterday. Last month I finally installed the game OUTCAST on my win98se system. Installed good, but with my modern directx9, and the usual game bugs, I knew there were Patches for this game. I found that the site of Infogames had the version 3.0 patch, i wanted to get it from them seeing they seem to be the modern 'caretakers" of this old rpg classic. I downloaded. I placed this patch exe in a folder then clicked on it and the patch instal...

The Move to OSX Continues
The pace is beginning to quicken... Mitch Kapor last week, the Founder of Java the week before... If your still using windows, you might be surprised who has move up now... http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/09/05/35OPconnection_1.html Windows is a dead end... Tony "Tony Mag" <jmachol@colocollect.com> wrote in message news:jmachol-6E22F1.15503208092003@news.uswest.net... > The pace is beginning to quicken... > > Mitch Kapor last week, the Founder of Java the week before... > > If your still using windows, you might be surprised who h...

Paper N3174
Hi At the bottom of Bjarne's paper, it has a section State of moved-from objects that says "My position is that I can live with just about any variant of �an unspecified valid state� (as used for the basic guarantee), but that would hate to see a new special (�Zombie�) state defined for moved-from objects. For many (most?) classes for which move makes sense there are some obvious �empty� state." I would comment on this and say that a moved-from object should be destructible and its state should be such that the destructor does minimal work. No special zombie ...

Moving out.
Hey all of you out there who might be interested in keeping my crappy little computer collection alive... Next year, I'm going off to college. This realization brought a few ideas into my head. 1) I'm only going to be able to take 1 or maybe 2 computers to college. 2) I'm going to be cleaning a lot of stuff out of my parent's basement. I've already got a workstation ready for college, except for a few possible upgrades. However, I'd like to try and give out as much of my PC collection as possible, with the hopes of building a standalone server to keep with me from my current Server 325 shell. I've got until this coming spring to get rid of my collection, as the kirksville spring cleaning will be collecting all of my extra computers still leftover here. So, here's a list of what I have that needs to be moved out: 3 scsi enclosures (7204-010, 2* 7204-011) IBM 8580-111, Kingston MCMaster upgrade, 486-66 dx2, 10mb ram, 8port Comtrol serial card (used to be Truman state University's dial up server), might have win95. ESDI hdd 100ish mb? fairly new battery, tape drive, fdd IBM PS/Valuepoint 433SX/Si, 8mb ram, PCDos, Win3.1, 8xCdrom I know works but haven't bothered getting dos drivers for. IBM 7248-132 PPC RS/6000 133mhz PPC, 32mb ram, 2gb hdd, Windows NT 4.0 Server install currently functioning. It has a video upgrade, but I don't have a monitor to support it. IBM Portable PC, X...

Is there a way to move the ROM onto an SD card, and use the SD card to update another HP49g+?
Because this is what I want to do! Hmm. . . you might be able to write some routine in ARM asm/C. I haven't ever heard of this though. It would be nice if the ROMUPLOAD command did this as I can see how it would be useful. In other news however, get a card reader and just put it on there directly. You'll get the results a lot quicker than trying do write some custom software to do it. =) TW ...

"Move to Front & Move to Back"
I need help in placing text, controls and indicators so that they float on top of Tab Controlled windows. Some components already do this but others seem to attach themselves to a Tab layer. There appears to be an unwritten convention here, that may be part of an IQ test which I am failing, that determines when the component will be visible. RL If you drag anything into a tab control, that object becomes part of a page. If you first place the object outside the tab and then move it using the cursor keys, that object is not part of a page but will appear on all pages. You will see some weir...

reading Mouse MOVE events without moving pointer
Hi, Does anyone know of way of setting up a java app so that a instead of mouse movements being used to update the pointer, the mouse move could be used to update, say, the viewport of a document? An example in more detail; what I want to do is use the mouse MOVE event that is caused by the movement of the mouse, but not update the pointer position (I would like the pointer to remain still or be invisble) but to allow me to update the viewport on a document. ie, user presses a 'trigger' key to put the code into a receptive mode, then all subsequent mouse movements (triggering mouse ...

Re: Points getting moved by BezierFunction? Moving an array of #2
On 4/21/11 4:57 AM, "Heike Gramberg" <heike.gramberg@gmail.com> wrote: > You forgot a comma in your pts array between the rows for z=-3 and z=-2. This > should work better: > Thanks. That would explain why some of the numbers were "changed": Mathematica was multiplying together consecutive elements of the lists where I had omitted the comma. I was surprised that BezierFunction[ ] accepted a non-rectangular array as input, though. ...

Question on Cobol Move statement
18 year cobol veteran here. Stumped trying to come up with a technical explanation on this one. I know why this is happening but I can't explain it to the higher ups because I can't explain it to myself. 05 WS-PROP-PREMISE PIC X(04). 05 WS-FORMAT-4 PIC ZZZ9. WS-PROP-PREMISE has a value of 3. That is 3 followed by 3 spaces. The code MOVE WS-PROP-PREMISE to WS-FORMAT-4 results in 3000 Why? When the sending field has 0003 we get 3 in the result. This is what we are expecting from the sending system. Now they are 'sometimes' sendin...

Mac Files Moved To PC Then Moved Back To Mac Problem...
Hello. I just recently had a hard drive go bad and I had to move some ..cpt files to a computer that has Windows XP on it. These .cpt files were compressed in Compact Pro and they had most of my backup files in them. I recently moved them back to my Mac only to find out that they have a PC icon now and no association. I can't unstuff them with Stuffit Expander and I can't unstuff them with Compact Pro. I'd appreciate any help as to how to get these files back if any. I'm running an iMac 400 Mhz slot-loader, 192 MB of RAM, OS 9.2.1, 80 gig HD. Thanks again for listening. :-) ...

Move sys.aud$ -- response
on 07/06/2004, at 8:27 PM CDT, Michael wrote: > Hello, > > I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with > Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the > SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of > SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a > dedicated tablespace. > > 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace. > 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing > mechinisms? > > Thanks for your advice, > > Cal Do this: SVRMGR> connect internal Connected. SVRMGR> create tablespace audit_tbs datafile '.....' size 500M reuse; Tablespace created. SVRMGR> alter table aud$ move tablespace audit_tbs; Table altered. SVRMGR> exit As long as you maintain the SYS ownership of AUD$ you'll be fine, and connect internal in 8.1.7 does just that. Remember to substitute a valid path and filename for the '.....' in the create tablespace command. David Fitzjarrell fitzjarrell@cox.net (David Fitzjarrell) wrote in message news:<9711ade0.0407061753.4b5f0d48@posting.google.com>... > on 07/06/2004, at 8:27 PM CDT, Michael wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with > > Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the > > SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of > > ...

Moving Progs to Exp Card
Is there a way to easily move programs to my expansion card? I am specifically talking about when the progs have their own installer and don't give you an option to install to the expansion card (many programs from Handmark for example.) Even as a Palm Zire 71 newbie, I understand some programs need to be in main memory. I'm talking about games specifically. Thanks for any reply! On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:00:00 -0500, Northgate said... > Is there a way to easily move programs to my expansion card? > I am specifically talking about when the progs have their own > installer and don't give you an option to install to the expansion > card (many programs from Handmark for example.) > > Even as a Palm Zire 71 newbie, I understand some programs need to be > in main memory. I'm talking about games specifically. > Thanks for any reply! > If an application uses a windows install '.exe' it just unpacks the Palm files and puts them into c:\...\Palm\[username]\install or c:\...\Palm\[username]\Quickinstall\handheld and sets a flag in the windows registry and waits for the next Hotsync. You can just go copy them, using a card reader, to the card, then delete them or move them to c:\...\palm\[username]\backup. The next time you hotsync, it will see the 'install' flag is set and go to the directory and find nothing, shrug it's shoulders and move on with out even an error message. I also use P...

Move prog. from category to card?
Mem's filling up fast on me, need to move progs. to card, but I don't see where/how. I know you can specify on install, but is there a way to move them once they're on the Palm? Can you have categories on the card to, or is it all just "card"? I really hate that so far! -- _____________________________________________________ For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really a real address :) <see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid> wrote in message news:22d0l0dr90rb22a1l50f469bohrlmfdesb@4ax.com... > Mem's filling up fast on me, need to move progs. to card, but I don't see > where/how. I know you can specify on install, but is there a way to move > them once they're on the Palm? Can you have categories on the card to, or > is it all just "card"? I really hate that so far! As far as I know, it's all just "card". You can move them fairly easily with a file manager program for your palm. I use fileman from www.bitsnbolts.com Some programs are harder to move than others, because they have a lot of additional files that should be moved. And you should also know that on most palms you get REALLY crappy battery life when all your programs from the card. On my T3 you can copy items from Handheld to Card using the Copy command from the main application screen. Tap the menu icon, App-->Copy. Cheers TC <see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid&...

Web resources about - Moving to Card: How do You Know What to Move? - comp.sys.palmtops

Moving magnet and conductor problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The moving magnet and conductor problem is a famous thought experiment , originating in the 19th century, concerning the intersection of classical ...

Facebook Begins Moving Into New NYC Office
... new office at 770 Broadway is no exception, as many of the social network’s New York -based employees found out Monday, which was moving day ...

Wall Street Week is Moving to Fox Business Network
The iconic PBS business program Wall Street Week is getting a new start on Fox Business Network. This Friday, the half-hour broadcast will return ...

YouTube added a feature that makes it easy to blur out objects, even while they’re moving
Without a lot of fanfare, YouTube about two weeks ago added a new and advanced blurring tool that lets video uploaders easily and precisely blur ...

Austin's Moving Panoramas released 'One' (stream it), touring after SXSW
Austin's Moving Panoramas make hazy psych pop with the kind of intricate harmonies that instantly elevate things a couple inches off the ground. ...

A tech entrepreneur is moving his company out of Georgia because of its 'anti-gay' bill
... Kelvin Williams, founder of telecom company 373K headquartered in Georgia, tells Business Insider that he's already in the process of moving ...

Lindsay Lohan's "GTA" lawsuit moving forward
Two years later, finally a new development

Robin Ventura on moving past the Adam LaRoche saga
White Sox manager Robin Ventura talks about moving past the Adam LaRoche saga.

Police say bomb blast kills 15 on a moving bus in northwest Pakistani city of Peshawar
PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — Police say bomb blast kills 15 on a moving bus in northwest Pakistani city of Peshawar.

Apple widens hybrid cloud, moving AWS data to Google Cloud Platform
Amazon loses yet again this time, it's Apple that shifts most of its AWS storage to Google Cloud Platform. It's victory for SVP Diane Greene, ...