Spring Cleanup- Time to get rid of your old Palm

Spring Cleanup- Time to get rid of your old Palm

Still have that old palm pilot, handspring visor, or sony clie of
yours in your desk or drawer?  Why not turn it into cash.  You can
sell it in seconds and pick up some extra money.  We buy just about
all types of palm models and accessories.  For more details visit
www.sellyourpalm.net

We currently are offering a number of items at special prices.  Palm V
units for 56 dollars, and M125 units for 63 dollars for example and
many more.  If interested please visit www.sellyourpalm.net for
details.
0
info5951 (19)
3/2/2004 3:27:20 AM
comp.sys.palmtops 4109 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

How to get data off old palm and onto a new palm?
hello, My hard drive has been reformatted and everything was wiped out. My data is physically still on my Palm IIIx PDA, but I want to buy a new PDA because it's on its last legs. I no longer have the install CD for my Palm IIIx. What do I need to do? I figure I need to get the data onto my PC from my IIIx, and after that I can buy a new PDA and synch to it, but without the install CD how do I get my data off my Palm? I've looked on PalmOne's site and could not figure out where to download the desktop software. Can someone send a link to a specific suport page with the download on it? Thanks Palm Users! On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:58:40 -0700, RoguePetunia wrote: > My hard drive has been reformatted and everything was wiped out. > > My data is physically still on my Palm IIIx PDA, but I want to buy a > new PDA because it's on its last legs. > > I no longer have the install CD for my Palm IIIx. > > What do I need to do? I figure I need to get the data onto my PC from > my IIIx, and after that I can buy a new PDA and synch to it, but > without the install CD how do I get my data off my Palm? Buy a new Palm. Install the software for the new Palm. Sync your old Palm to get the data on your PC (yes, the new software should handle the old Palm just fine). Then plug in your new Palm and it will sync all the data to the new Palm. If you buy a WinCE, then just beam over your information. thank you, I will try exactly that. ...

How do I get rid of old attachments?
This probably sounds strange but I'm pretty certain that I have old attachments that are no longer associated with the email I've kept. However, I have found no logical way to associate the attachments with my filed email and delete the rest. The only way I know of is to save *all* of the file/messages, then wipe everything out and start over and make sure, moving forward, that Eudora deletes the attachments when the associated message is deleted. But I really don't want to go that route unless I have to. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Is there a utility somewhere I can use? I would think this is a common problem and there's some type of cleanup utility out there somewhere. BTW, I'm using Eudora 6.1.2.0. Any help is greatly appreciated. __________________________________________________________________________ People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs. -Unknown __________________________________________________________________________ Remove "die spammers" to email "wideglide01" <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in message news:3hjup0hh4ar1rajdmrgaabdua6bhvgmf8c@4ax.com... > > This probably sounds strange but I'm pretty certain that I have old > attachments that are no longer associated with the email I've kept. > > However, I have found no logical way to associate...

How to get rid of old computer?
Hi: I have an old 486-66 with 32MB and about 1.0+1.6GB hard drive space on two drives, and a 15" CRT monitor. It has Linux installed, I think Suse 7.3, 8.1, or something. No good for GUI (but I ran Slackware Linux with X from '95-'99 on this machine). I was using it as a firewall/router until I recently bought a Linksys unit. Oh, it has two ISA NICs, with jumper configurable IO and IRQ settings. I had to search far and wide for those. I want to get rid of it but don't want to put it in the dumpster. The local recycling center is a pain in the butt. ...

time to get rid of unsigned?
I knew that unsigned integral data types were the cause of scads of mostly spurious warning messages, but I didn't realise that they were a security risk too (see here http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2004/Feb/1009067.html). All for one measly extra bit. So has the time come for C++ to deprecate unsigned integral types? john "John Harrison" <john_andronicus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c0u010$1beu6e$1@ID-196037.news.uni-berlin.de... > I knew that unsigned integral data types were the cause of scads of mostly > spurious warning messages, but I didn'...

How do I get old data during simulation time?
I am working with a Level-2 S-function in Simulink and in my algorithm I need to analize a certain number (100 to 150) of previous values of my output. How do I get them? I've seen that once my simulation is over I get an 'xout' array with all the outputs, so it should be possible to read them during simulation time, right? I'll appreciate any help with this, thanks and regards, Boris ...

How to get time from Palm using VB application
I need to get the time in Palm using a VB application. May i know is there any component in VB could help me do that. I have checked the control from SatForms. they dunt provide the function of retrieving time from Palm. Thanks a lot! Ivan kxie@buildfolio.com (Ivan) wrote: >I need to get the time in Palm using a VB application. May i know is >there any component in VB could help me do that. I have checked the >control from SatForms. they dunt provide the function of retrieving >time from Palm. > >Thanks a lot! > >Ivan You would need an application on the Palm that sent the time to you. Palm data transfer is always initiated from the Palm end of the connection. For the serial Palms (through the m series), you can use serial communications - PC serial port, Palm serial/universal connector. Some later Palms are USB only. They all have IR. but it's a slower data transfer method (typically 9600 baud). More about me: http://www.jecarter.com/ VB3/VB6/C/PowerBasic source code: http://www.jecarter.com/programs.html Freeware for the Palm with NS Basic source code: http://nsb.jecarter.com Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras: http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbt/ johnecarter at@at mindspring dot.dot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email. ...

How to get time from Palm using VB application
I need to get the time in Palm using a VB application. May i know is there any component in VB could help me do that. I have checked the control from SatForms. they dunt provide the function of retrieving time from Palm. Thanks a lot! Ivan ...

It's time to get rid of Windows
<Quote> Some people out there used no fewer than six Windows botnets to go after this one guy....How did this happen? It happened because Windows is an insecure piece of junk. Anyone who knows anything about security knows that this kind of disaster was only a matter of time. Windows botnets are responsible for DDoS attacks and most of e-mail spam. You cannot secure Windows. Microsoft keeps saying that they will, and they always fail. Period. Windows has been insecure since day one and it's still going to be insecure when Windows 7 shows up. Perhaps it's time to start blocking Windows PCs from the Internet. Sound crazy? Yes, I agree. But, I'll tell you something else that's crazy. It's crazy that whole sections of the Internet can be shut down by a few people controlling huge Windows botnets for petty, personal reasons. </Quote> http://blogs.computerworld.com/14510/its_time_to_get_rid_of_windows?page=1 nessuno <nessuno7491@gmail.com> writes: > <Quote> > Some people out there used no fewer than six Windows botnets to go > after this one guy....How did this happen? It happened because Windows > is an insecure piece of junk. Anyone who knows anything about security > knows that this kind of disaster was only a matter of time. Windows > botnets are responsible for DDoS attacks and most of e-mail spam. > > You cannot secure Windows. Microsoft keeps saying that they will, and > they always fail. Period. Wi...

P2P Shooters could get rid of cheaters for a long long time.
Hallo, Suppose the next generation of shooters uses P2P instead of Server/Client. Then gamers themselfes can make a ban list of known cheaters and get rid of them for a long time. (Until the cheaters changes isp and gets a new ip) For cheaters that use proxy or routers... their entire ip subnets can be blocked as well. Thus gamers can finally enjoy the games as they where went to be =D Bye, Skybuck ! ;) Though this idea needs to be worked out a little bit more. Here is how it could work. The server acts as a meeting point and to transfer world information....

3 ?s with an old Time Machine HDD, iPhoto's Faces feature, old Time Machine HDD, and missing vertical scrollbars.
Hello. Three/3 questions: 1. IPhoto's Faces feature is kind of neat, but it only shows three faces for identifications/IDs per page/screen. I guess we know how our government, police, etc. do face capturings. ;) Is there a way to navigate (e.g., back instead of forward) just to view random faces? 2. I used Time Machine on an old 15" MacBook Pro (mid-2008)'s Mac OS X 10.5.8 for about three years. Is it safe to reuse this external Time Machine HDD on a new 13.3" MacBook Pro (mid-2012) with its Mac OS X 10.8.2? Can it also reused on the old one too, between both machines or only with the new machine? 3. Is it me or do sometimes vertical scrollbars do not show up even though I know there is more stuff to see. It seems like they only show up if I do the annoying tablet finger gestures? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Cheerios: Hula-hoops for ants." --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote: > Three/3 questions: > > 1. IPhoto's Faces feature is kind of neat, but it only shows three faces > for identifications/IDs per page/...

want to get rid of your old Sun Enterprise Server 3000,4000.6000. so on and so on
"glenn@tnttech.com> send me a email or call glenn power 408-213-2080 x302 ...

Old Palm Treo 680 getting too warm/almost too hot and battery problems?
Hello. My client has a very old unlocked Palm Treo 680, with the latest firmware from many years ago. We assume it is dying since it sometimes doesn't turn on and charging cradle shows blinking red light. When it does turn on, we noticed the device is too warm/almost hot. We tried two different batteries as well and a non-cradle cable. Also, the battery life in Palm OS isn't accurate. Is there anything else to try before replacing it? Since Treo 680's hardware is probably broken, what is the best device to get these days that can handle Chinese (CJKOS -- http://www.dyts.com/en/products.html ) data and old Palm Treo 680 datas since Palm Vx days? It looks like HP doesn't care about Palm anymore. Can we migrate to an unlocked iPhone 4 easily? And yes, we just made backups to two machines: Windows 2000 SP4 desktop PC and MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.8 since death is imminent/near for this old smartphone. Thank you in advance. :) -- "Ants live safely till they have gotten wings." --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. On 2012-01-21 12:00:37 +0000, Ant said: > Hello. > > My client has a ve...

How do I get time in another time zone ??
I'm in the UK using British Summer Time (BST). I'd like to get the time in New York (EDT). I believe there is an option to 'clock' to change the time zone, but any combination I try gives the wrong result. This is what I have: set foobar [clock format [clock seconds]] Ideally, I'd like to get the time in this format: Sun Oct 19 17:38:07 EDT (New York time) I can obviously add '(New York time)'. Any suggestions how I can get the time in the EDT timezone, and ideally in the format shown. dave Dave wrote: > I'm in the UK using British Summer Time (BST). I'd like to get the time > in New York (EDT). I believe there is an option to 'clock' to change the > time zone, but any combination I try gives the wrong result. You most likely want something like: clock format [clock seconds] -format "%x %X %Z" \ -timezone :America/New_York -locale en_US You'll notice that -locale deals with punctuation differences (and details like month-first vs. day-of-month-first), while -timezone deals specifically with time zone. -locale and -timezone need Tcl 8.5 or later. If you're stuck on 8.4, you can either play games with $env(TZ) or get the 'newclock' extension. -- 73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin ...

time manipulation getting invalid times
I have a script that deals with time in hours, minures, seconds and milliconds. Initially I was using the round function from Math::Round It was working fine then I noticed I was getting an error occasionaly. Turned out it was when the seconds were 59 and the milliseconds were above 500, I was rounding the minutes from 59 to 60 yeilding invalid times like 13 minutes and 60 seconds instead of 14 minutes and 00 seconds. Example: HH:MM:SS,miliseconds $lines[0] = 00:13:59,934 my $roundedSeconds = sprintf("%02d",(round(substr($lines[0],-6)))); Using the round function from Math...

How to get rid of "hex/oct constants > sys.maxint" warning?
I'm getting tired of seeing meaningless warnings from my code, but I can't figure out how to get rid of them: For example: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80,s) causes FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up Firstly, I have no idea what that error means in this context. 0xc0047a80 isn't intended to be an integer (either positive or negative): it's just a chunk of 32 bits. Googling the newsgroup came up with the suggestion that putting an "L" on the end of the constant would eliminate the warning, but it causes an error: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80L,s) causes OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int So, that doesn't work. How _do_ I get rid of the warning? Is there a way to tell Python that the constant isn't an integer, it's just a bit pattern? -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Mr and Mrs PED, can at I borrow 26.7 visi.com On 11 Aug 2004, Grant Edwards wrote: > How _do_ I get rid of the warning? Is there a way to tell > Python that the constant isn't an integer, it's just a bit > pattern? The best way is to tell Python to silence the warning: >>> 0xc0047a80 FutureWarning >>> import warnings >>> warnings.simplefilter('ignore',FutureWarning) >>> 0xc0047a80 -1073448320 fcntl() do...

using time.gov to get the current time
Is there any way to get the current time from time.gov using urllib2 or som= ething similar? Does anyone have any examples of doing this? Thanks! Rick King Southfield MI ...

How to get simulink simulation time to be the same as actual time.
Hello everyone, I am using trying to use simulink as a controller for an experiment using a data acquisition board to read in instrument signals and send out command signals real time. I am having a few issues and I believe that all of these could be resolved if I could just get the simulation time to be real time. What I mean is that if I use a fixed time step of .01 seconds and have a simulation time of 10 seconds then I want the simulation to last 10 seconds and have a delay of .01 seconds between each time step. Is there a way to do this or is there a tutorial I should read for how t...

Getting millisecond-precision time out of a Time object?
Is there any way to get a millisecond-precision time (hh:mm:ss.sss) out of a Time object? Time class's toString() method only returns the time at one-second precision (hh:mm:ss), which is not accurate enough for my purposes. -- -Aki "Sus" Laukkanen On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:48:21 +0200, Aki "Sus" Laukkanen wrote: > Is there any way to get a millisecond-precision time (hh:mm:ss.sss) > out of a Time object? ...errr. Are you referring to java.sql.Time? It's super-class, java.util.Date, has getTime() that provides msec. HTH -- Andrew Thompson http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology http://www.LensEscapes.com/ Images that escape the mundane > which is not accurate enough for my purposes. I don't know how deep you want to go into precision, but just a hint: Windows system time quant is 50ms, this is the smallest quant you can get any *real* results. Below that you are getting the bogus = (myTime mod 50) + a spice from the floating part of the number (to do not show all zeros at the end every time). I don't know about the quant on Unix and Mac, but is also *definitely* not 1ms and of course not 1ns (And I saw some guys seriously extending default stuff to work with picosecs, which is really... sad). On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:09:56 +0100, VK wrote: > (And I saw some guys seriously extending default stuff to work ...

User + sys times greater than elapsed time
Previously in these hallowed halls I have queried the values for user and sys cpu as reported by sysmaster. The documentation says that it reports minutes but I have proved that it is seconds. The today I hit another "strange effect". I have been trying to look into a performance problem so I have written a script which basically selects user and os times from the sysmaster database and stores them with the current time. I run this script at 10 minute intervals throughout the day. Imagine my surprise when I find that user time + sys time comes out to greater than elapsed time * number of processors. Does anybody have any idea why? regards Malcolm Because the times are measured in units of CPU clock ticks, not as a continuum ;-) Here's the problem. If the length of the clock tick is measured as a finite unit (which it is), then how can you split that unit? (you can't). So if the control changes from a user control to the kernel control within a clock tick as opposed to the cusp of the clock tick, then the time measured is going to be a bit fuzzy because both the system and the user will be granted that clock unit, eventhough the system only used a percentage of the clock tick and the user used the other part. IDS gets it's breakdown from the same place that timex. <mweallans@panacea.co.uk> wrote in message news:1128101373.096285.235770@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Previously in these ...

Get the date time from Oracle date time stamp?????
I am using crystal reports to attempt to extract information from this database but I need to know which records were last updated. I have managed to find a field in Oracle and its value is based on a trigger function as shown below begin select TIMESTAMP_SEQ.nextval into :new.NURS_TIMESTAMP from dual; end; This at 9.45am (UK) on 05/09/2003 generated a value of 5,048,868 My main expertise is in SQL Server, my question is can I reverse engineer this value to calculate the time? Or is it like an identity field in SQL server (i.e. An automatic incremental counter) I would really appreciate any help or pointers to some good web sources. Ric wrote: > I am using crystal reports to attempt to extract information from this > database but I need to know which records were last updated. I have > managed to find a field in Oracle and its value is based on a trigger > function as shown below > > begin > > select TIMESTAMP_SEQ.nextval into :new.NURS_TIMESTAMP from dual; > > end; > > This at 9.45am (UK) on 05/09/2003 generated a value of 5,048,868 > > My main expertise is in SQL Server, my question is can I reverse > engineer this value to calculate the time? Or is it like an identity > field in SQL server (i.e. An automatic incremental counter) > > I would really appreciate any help or pointers to some good web > sources. Oracle dates are always WITH time! The ...

old old old GCCs
Hey guys, look what I found: http://gcc-uk.internet.bs/old-releases/gcc-1/ gcc-1.21.tar.bz2 01-May-1988 01:00 852K gcc-1.37.1.tar.bz2 21-Feb-1990 05:27 1.3M gcc-1.42.tar.bz2 20-Sep-1992 07:03 1.3M (etc. etc. etc.) :-)) ...

how to get wallclock time between any two events (not simulation time ) in vhdl
The problem is that i want to know how much real time has elapsed between two events that have occured . for eg; if an assignment a<= 0 occurs at simulation time =0s and real time = 0s and the assignment a<= 1fs occurs at simulation time = 1s and real time = 1 day (just say the processor is very slow) so i want to get the answer 1 day and not 1fs one option that i thought was of writing a file at both the points and thereby getting 2 files with different time stamp but it is very crude method and would consume lot of space if i want to do recursively I am using modelsim so any such ...

How come I get in textbox long time, while set to short time
How come I get the time in hrs/min/sec while the with the mask input wizard I get 00:00;0;_ as mask. Other similar textboxes give the right input (hrs/min) With mask 00:00 only no other effect. Also in the table properties the field is set to Short Time. Bart An "Input Mask" is used to structure input, not to format display... the Format property of the Textbox should be set to the format you want. Masks seem "quirky" to many users, and I avoid them when possible; my users would rather get an error message and an opportunity to correct, than to have their cursor set in the middle of the mask if they don't click on the very rightmost part of the box. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f93a58ae-8354-4f09-913b-dd00e3e8850b@d15g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > How come I get the time in hrs/min/sec while the with the mask input > wizard I get 00:00;0;_ as mask. Other similar textboxes give the right > input (hrs/min) > > With mask 00:00 only no other effect. > > Also in the table properties the field is set to Short Time. > > Bart ...

Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page
Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or opening existing ones using that page. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater <evancater@gmail.com> wrote: That page does not show up for me when I close my app using DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by Access. You may mean at startup time. If so, just provide a shortcut to your application: access will load and immediately open your app, bypassing this page. Users would still be able to navigate back to it if they really wanted, but perhaps out of sight is out of mind. -Tom. >Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started >with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using >DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I >need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or >opening existing ones using that page. > >Thanks! Are you using Access 2007? I am already using a shortcut to open the app (in fact, I have to because I'm using an mdw file) and I don't see that page until the user closes Access with DoCmd.Quit. However, when I use the X button in the upper right corner, the "getting started" page doesn&#...

Web resources about - Spring Cleanup- Time to get rid of your old Palm - comp.sys.palmtops

Category:Articles needing link rot cleanup from March 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Cleanup-link rot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A bare URL is a link to a website with no identifying information except the link itself. It is not just a citation style that leaves the URL ...

Making malware cleanup easier
You'll find a recommendation to install software to detect and clean up malware in almost any security guide. Although a single product isn't ...

Riot Cleanup (@CleanupRiot) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Riot Cleanup @ CleanupRiot ...

ZXContacts Free - Smart Contacts & Groups Manager, Send Group Emails & Text Messages, Sync, Backup, Cleanup ...
Get ZXContacts Free - Smart Contacts & Groups Manager, Send Group Emails & Text Messages, Sync, Backup, Cleanup Contacts on the App Store. See ...

Post-cyclone cleanup begins in Fiji
The death toll from category five Cyclone Winston that swept through Fiji has risen to at least 20.

Blizzard Over, Cleanup Begins on East Coast - Al Jazeera America
At least 28 people reported dead from storm; New York lifted travel ban but Washington remained at standstill

Today’s apps gone free: Kung Fu Taxi 2, CleanUp Suite, A to Z Monsters and more
... helping hands. Drop The Chicken 2 is available for free today only (02/07). It has a 4.5-star rating with a total of 16 ratings. CleanUp Suite ...

Officials expect what could be Baltimore's biggest snowfall ever to require days of cleanup - Baltimore ...
It was more snow than Baltimore saw in the famed &quot;Knickerbocker&quot; storm of 1922. More than the blizzards of '83, and '96, and '03. It ...

Tron is the ultimate PC cleanup script
... you’re using; get and save free disk space; resume at the right point after a failed run, and a whole lot more. Tron is a PC repair and cleanup ...